剧集 | 彩排(2022) | 导航列表
I wanted to ask,
我想提问却怕我会显得很无礼
but I was worried it would seem rude.
I didn't wanna stand out. I wanted to impress Nathan.
我不想要出头
我想让奈森对我感到惊艳
"Fielder Method" on three.
数到三喊菲尔德方法
-One, two, three. -ALL: Fielder Method!
-1,2,3 -菲尔德方法‥
ACTING NATHAN: All right, thank you guys. All right.
很好,谢谢大家‥
(INDISTINCT CHATTER)
他的节目‥
Hi, thank you for coming to the first day
谢谢你出席菲尔德方法的首日训练
of the Fielder Method, we're... so excited to have you.
很高兴你能参加 若想参加节目,请签名同意入镜
If you wanna participate in the show,
you just need to sign this appearance release.
-Okay. -Thank you.
-好的 -谢谢
NATHAN: Oh, wow. There are so many pages!
天啊,真多页
I don't know any of these legal terms.
我完全不懂这些法律用语
This would take me hours to read.
我要好几个小时才看得完
Thank you so much.
谢谢你
NATHAN: But everyone else is signing it,
但大家都签名了,所以应该没问题
so it must be all right.
Uh, it's all standard. Signature is on the fourth page.
这是标准文件,在第四页签名即可
-NATHAN: Right. Sorry, yeah. Okay. -ASSISTANT: Yeah, no problem
-好的,抱歉‥ -没问题,明天见
-Great, we'll see you tomorrow. -Yeah.
NATHAN: Reliving the day again as Thomas made me realize
作为汤玛士重新过了那天让我明白
there was a whole other layer to his experience
我未能考虑到他的另一层感受
-I hadn't considered. -ASSISTANT: Thank you so much.
-非常谢谢你 -今天谢谢你们,下次见
-Thanks again for today. -Yeah. Thank you.
I'll see you. Yeah.
NATHAN: And I wondered if was going far enough.
而我在想我做得够不够
♪ (MILD TEMPO MUSIC PLAYING) ♪
NATHAN: I had just sent these actors off
我请这些演员扮演他人工作一整周
to work for an entire week as someone else.
But how much is enough?
但要怎样才算足够充分呢?
How do you ever know you truly understand someone?
你要如何知道你真的理解某个人?
So, I started visiting Thomas working at the acai bowl place.
因此我去找了 在巴西莓碗店工作的汤玛士
-NATHAN: Hey! -THOMAS: Hey! How you doing?
-你好,过得如何? -我很好,你呢?
Good. How are you?
体验他与扮演对象的互动经历
NATHAN: Going through the exact experience
he had with his primary.
-How many siblings do you have? -THOMAS: Pardon me?
你有多少兄弟姊妹?
-请再说一次 -你有多少手足?
-How many siblings? -THOMAS: Brother, two sisters.
-一个兄弟,两个姊妹 -一个兄弟,两个姊妹
-Brother, two sisters? -THOMAS: Yeah.
Do you want Nutella, peanut butter, almond butter?
巧克力酱 花生酱或杏仁奶油?
NATHAN: And returned to class the next morning
然后隔天早上回到教室重新过第二天
to live the second day again.
I'm a dog walker for this dog walking app
我是遛狗应用程式的遛狗人
and my primary was this director
我的扮演对象是名主管
and I-- I actually got into his house.
我真的去了他家
NATHAN: But this time, it felt different.
但这次感觉非常不同
I think you're the first person in the history of this project
我认为你是这计划史上第一人
to actually get inside their primary's home. Um...
真的进到了扮演对象的家
It's amazing. Wow! (CHUCKLES)
真的很优秀,很好
I think that deserves a round of applause. Yeah.
我想大家该给她掌声鼓励一下
(ALL APPLAUD)
NATHAN: And I began to question the tactics
我开始对老师鼓励采行的策略有疑问
this teacher was encouraging.
You spill your bowl on the counter and...
你在柜台打翻碗
然后看看他怎么应对
see how he responds to that.
NATHAN: But every night when I went home,
但我每晚回家 还是回到我家
it was still my house.
My marble coffee table. My TV.
我的大理石咖啡桌
我的电视和黑白相间的马桶
My black and white toilet.
The illusion was shattered.
我的幻象破灭了
So, I suggested to Thomas that he move into an apartment
我向汤玛士提议 搬到他扮演对象的模拟公♥寓♥
that reflects the living situation
of his primary, to immerse himself fully.
好能完全沉浸其中
Did you-- did you find out his living situation?
你搞清楚他的居住环境了吗?
Yeah. I found out that he lives
有,我知道他和一些乐团成员一起住
with the couple of his bandmates,
actually pretty close to here. Uh, Sherman Oaks area.
离这里其实满近的
舍曼奥克斯区
-Okay. -THOMAS: Mm-hmm.
好的,那你多快能搬过去?
Cool. Uh, how soon can you move?
(CHUCKLES) As soon as I have to.
需要的话我就尽快
NATHAN: So, I rented him a similar place
我为他租了差不多的地方
and hired two actors to play his roommates.
并聘了两名演员扮演他的室友
All right. So, this is, uh...
好,这两位是特斯和麦特
-Tex and Matt. -TEX: S'up man?
-They'll be your new roommates. -Hey.
-他们是你的新室友 -你好
NATHAN: I told him I would collect his mail for him
我告诉他在他搬走这段时间 我会为他收信和浇花
and water his plants while he was away.
-(KEYS JANGLE) -Plant in my bathroom.
只有一点点盆栽在我的浴室
-Just a little bit. -Okay.
-好的 -你要小心
And be careful 'cause it'll overflow
因为水很容易‥溢出盆栽底盘
-the little water catch dish. -All right, sure. Great.
没问题,太好了‥祝你玩得愉快
-All right. Have fun. -Okay. See you.
-好,再见 -再见
NATHAN: See you.
但我想做的远不只这些
NATHAN: But I really wanted to do more than that.
So, while Thomas was going deeper
所以趁汤玛士努力沉浸在角色中时
into his character...
I would go deeper into mine.
我也沉浸在我的角色中
♪ (DRAMATIC MUSIC PLAYING) ♪
♪ (MUSIC CONCLUDES) ♪
♪ (SOFT MUSIC PLAYING) ♪
NATHAN: I began living in his home...
我开始住进他家
吃他吃的食物
eating what he eats...
playing what he plays...
玩他会玩的游戏
using the weapons he uses...
用他用的武器
reading what he reads...
”生存或毁灭,这是个问题” 看他看的书
sleeping where he sleeps.
睡他睡的床
I was now Thomas 24/7.
我现在整天都是汤玛士
I continued following the lesson plan
课程的计划仍然持续进行
until I was working at an Ubatuba also.
”请勿倚靠玻璃柜” 之后我也到一间巴西莓碗店工作
A different one from Thomas, so he wouldn't know.
”不收现金,以策安全” 但不是汤玛士那间店,以免他知道
他和一些乐团成员一起住
He-- he lives with a-- a couple of his bandmates
in Sherman Oaks...
住在舍曼奥克斯区的公♥寓♥
-ACTING NATHAN: All right. -...in, like, an apartment.
好啊‥你多快能搬过去?
Okay. Cool.
How soon can you move?
NATHAN: It was beginning to dawn on me
我开始明白我对这些学生 有多少要求
how much I was asking of these students...
This is Tex. And this is Matt.
这位是特斯,那位是麦特 他们会扮演你的室友
-Hey. -They'll be playing your roommates.
-Nice to meet you. -How are you?
-很荣幸 -你好
还有他们为了梦想愿意做的牺牲
NATHAN: ...and the sacrifices they're willing to make
in pursuit of their dreams.
Maybe I could get your keys.
你家的钥匙能给我吗?
Uh...
Why-- Why do you need my keys?
为何‥你需要我家钥匙?
-I can look after your plants. -Oh, sure. Yeah.
-我能为你照顾盆栽 -当然好啊
ACTING NATHAN: Or get your mail while you're here.
或在你住这里时替你收信
NATHAN: But no matter how deep I went,
不过无论我做了多少努力
there were still parts of Thomas that were a mystery to me.
我还是不理解汤玛士的某些部分
But maybe that's as close as you can get.
也许最接近也不过就是如此
And that last step in understanding someone
理解他人的最后一步往往要靠揣测
is always just a guess.
♪ (MUSIC CONCLUDES) ♪
-All right, Ashley. -(ALL APPLAUD)
做得好,艾许莉
NATHAN: When they finished their week of work,
他们完成一周工作后 我让所有演员回来做成果发表
I had all the actors return for a final showcase.
♪ (MILD TEMPO MUSIC PLAYING) ♪
That looks like two inches.
看起来就是两英吋
(ALL APPLAUD)
-(ALL APPLAUD) -All right. Sam.
做得好,山姆
(ALL APPLAUD)
NATHAN: It's hard to know what exactly is hidden
要准确解读演员笑容背后的意思很难
beneath the smile of an actor.
-Would you like your bowl, sir? -Thomas.
您的餐点好了
汤玛士
(ALL APPLAUD)
NATHAN: But once in a while, it's nice to just pretend
但是偶尔就当作一切都没事 其实也不错
-that everything's okay. -(ALL CHEER)
-"Fielder Method" on three. -ALL: One, two, three.
数到三喊菲尔德方法 1,2,3‥
菲尔德方法‥
-Fielder Method! -(ALL CHEER, APPLAUD)
NATHAN: I was in LA longer than I had planned to be,
”欢迎来到波特兰” 我在洛杉矶待得比预期得久
and I was sort of nervous to return home again...
再次回家让我有点紧张
to get back into family life. I wasn't sure how it would feel.
回归家庭生活
我不清楚会有什么感受
-Hey, Dad. -NATHAN: Oh, hey!
-你好,爸 -你好啊
-Hi. -Uh, is, uh, Angela here?
安洁拉在吗?
Uh...
-Hug? Can I get a hug? -Oh, yeah, yeah. Course. Hey.
-抱一下吗‥? -当然可以‥
-Good to see you. -Yeah, how are you?
见到你真好
-你还好吗? -很好‥
剧集 | 彩排(2022) | 导航列表