剧集 | 彩排(2022) | 导航列表
这段时间我们有时会点披萨
Here are your two tickets for pizza.
这是你的披萨券
The ideal thing would be to talk about it for five minutes
花五分钟坦白是最理想的
and then, yeah, move on.
之后就转移话题,我不想聊太久
I don't want to linger, I just want to say it and then pretty much have it dropped.
我只想说出来,然后就此打住
So, you don't have a master's degree?
所以你没有硕士学历?
No. I just don't want you to send me any more information
没有,我只希望你别再传
about jobs that have a master's degree--
-要求硕士学历的职缺 -我不会了
但我想知道,为何‥会变这样?
I really want to understand like, why... how did we end up here?
So, you just want to shut it down.
-你想快速把话题带过 -我想快速带过
I want to shut it down. So, at least if I do it toward the end,
若在快结束时说完 觉得不对劲想离开
then the benefit is I can leave if I think, "Okay, too hairy,"
and say, "Oops, I have an appointment to go to, sorry, I have to go."
至少能说临时有事要先走
I don't owe you an explanation for that, I really don't.
我不必向你解释‥
I owe you an apology for putting you through that,
我欠你一个道歉,让你经历这些事
but I don't feel I owe you an explanation.
但我不觉得要向你解释
All right, well, can we like, discuss it after the trivia?
好吧,我们不能活动后再谈吗?
I don't want to discuss it any longer about the situation.
我不想再谈这件事了
So, I'd rather say it at least after the last round, but before the scores.
我打算在最后一轮之后 分数出来之前说出来
All right, start finishing up your ballots
好,准备最后收尾 好了就来计分
and bring them up to score when you're ready, all right?
But as soon as we started incorporating full rounds of trivia into our rehearsal,
但在将益智问答纳入排演时
it revealed a problem.
浮现出了一个问题
What is the number on the roof of the bus in Speed?
”扞卫战警”中 巴士的车顶号♥码是多少?
What is the number on the roof of the bus in Speed?
”扞卫战警”中 巴士的车顶号♥码是多少?
Kor became entranced by the game, and when he didn't know an answer,
寇尔陷入了游戏之中
如果不知道答案就无法专注其他事
he couldn't focus on anything else.
That's right, I'm gonna lose some points on this one.
对,我这题会被扣分
I thought I would have known,
我以为我知道谁在帕特萨亚克之前 主持”命运轮盘”
who hosted Wheel of Fortune before Pat Sajak.
我脑中有一万个名字却想不起来‥
And I had 10,000 names in my head but I couldn't pinpoint anybody.
Sure. Okay, well, do you want to go into the confession?
当然,那你要‥坦白了吗?
Or do you want to try that or...
还是你要试试别的?
It's the option...
也可以
And he grew frustrated that the stress of having to confess this lie
他变得沮丧,因为要坦白的压力 影响到他玩游戏
was affecting his trivia game.
I'm not gonna take the chance to miss good questions
我不想因为压力而错过好问题
because I'm having this burden,
because we can actually just lose points because the concentration is off--
若不集中,会被扣分
Right, but who cares if you lose the game?
但谁在乎游戏输了
重点是要坦诚以对
You got this off your chest, It's just one night of bar trivia.
这只是个酒吧益智问答之夜
No. One night of bar trivia is sacrosanct to us.
酒吧益智问答之夜 对我们来说相当神圣
And that's when he told me
他也说了要是益智问答不顺利
that if it wasn't going well on the actual trivia night,
he might bail on the confession entirely.
他可能会打消坦白的念头
No, I would not... I'm not sacrificing trivia night.
我不会为此而牺牲益智问答之夜
- Not for that, no. - Isn't it just for fun?
这不就是好玩而已吗? 大家都醉了,这只是‥
- Like everyone's drunk, right? - No.
这代表我可能会搞砸两件事
Then, I'm going to have two things against me,
I mess up a good trivia night and I lied to her.
我搞砸了美好的益智问答之夜
甚至还对她说谎
So, to me, I got to take one of them out of the equation.
所以我至少得做好一件事
Okay.
好吧
I had gone to incredible lengths to eliminate all uncertainty from the night.
我尽力排除当晚所有的不确定性
But the only way to know the actual trivia questions
但要知道当天主持人所问的问题
that the real host would be asking would involve some sort of cheating,
就得作弊,但这是不道德的
and that would be unethical.
But maybe it's more unethical to leave things to chance
明明能做好准备,却选择靠运气 或许更不道德
when there's something you could have done.
So, posing as the founder of the popular blog Thrifty Boy,
所以我假装是”节俭男孩”的部落客
I arranged an interview with the real trivia host
采访真正的益智问答主持人
at one of the other bars he hosts at
约在他主持的别间酒吧
under the pretense of doing a Thrifty Boy trivia night feature.
假装要讨论 ”节俭男孩”益智问答之夜
Now, is it mandatory to buy drinks?
饮料是低消吗?
Because our readers really don't like to spend money.
因为我们的读者不想花钱
We have not had a problem with having people forced to buy drinks or food.
我们从不强制客人购买♥♥餐点及饮品
And does the bar charge for seltzer water, or is that free?
酒吧的气泡水要收费还是免费?
That's up to each individual establishment.
-这取决于各个酒吧 -了解,好的
- And to-- I think... - Very cool, okay.
I told him we wanted the profile to include an interactive video component
我跟他说希望能包含一支互动影片
in which he would read the questions
让他在影片中念出 鳄鱼酒吧益智问答之夜的题目
for the Alligator Lounge's upcoming trivia night to camera,
so our readers could play along at home for free.
让读者能免费在家玩
What conflict began in 1789 and led to the beheading of Louis XVI?
哪个事件始于1789年 导致路易十六被斩首?
It was one thing to get the trivia questions for the big night,
取得当晚的题目是一回事
but making sure Kor knew the answers would be its own challenge.
但要确保寇尔知道所有答案 又是个难题
So, I don't know why Archie had trouble choosing them
我不明白阿奇为何有选择障碍
except for the personality cause they look physically the same.
除了性格外,他们都长一样
I knew that cheating at trivia was something Kor doesn't tangle with.
我知道寇尔肯定不愿作弊
- Have you ever cheated at trivia? - No.
你曾在益智问答上作弊吗?
没有
So we started going on daily walks just to chat about life,
所以我们开始每天散步,聊生活琐事
but I was actually using these casual strolls
但我其实在利用散步
to covertly implant every single trivia answer
趁寇尔不知情 默默把答案灌输给他
into Kor's brain without him knowing.
If you ever need to get in, the code is 1789.
-你若要进去,密♥码♥是1789 -好的
Okay.
Like the year the French Revolution started in 1789.
-法国大革命也始于1789年 -没错
I'm not a big summer person.
我不是很爱夏天跟春天
- And I'm not a big... - Oh, shit!
该死,洒到我的DKNY裤子上了
- ...spring person. - It's all over my DKNY pants.
- Donna Karan New York, DKNY. - Only in New York.
DKNY就是纽约唐娜凯伦
只在纽约啊
Building's looking pretty tall.
这栋大楼真高
It is tall but it's not the tallest building in the world.
是很高,但不是世上最高建筑
That'll be the Burj Khalifa in Dubai.
最高的是杜拜哈里发塔
- The Burj Khalifa? - Yup. The Burj Khalifa. Tallest building.
哈里发塔?
没错,哈里发塔是世界第一高楼
What's going on here?
这里发生怎么事了?
It's a hostage situation, guy has four people at gunpoint.
有人持枪挟持四人
Shot someone in the head on his way in.
在路上朝一人头部开枪
- Oh, my God! That's nuts. - Oh, my gosh.
-天啊,太夸张了 -我的天啊
It's days like these that I curse the Chinese for inventing gunpowder.
遇到这种事 我都会咒骂发明火♥药♥的中国人
That's crazy. Oh, my God.
这太疯狂了,天啊
Good luck to you, sir. Good luck with the whole process.
祝好运,先生,希望一切顺利
- Oh, my God. - Prayers for the family.
-天啊 -为家人共同祈祷
”鳄鱼酒吧”
With just three days to go
再三天寇尔就要和翠西亚 在真正的鳄鱼酒吧见面
until Kor would meet up with Tricia at the real Alligator Lounge,
I had over 30 actors occupy the space, playing customers, servers.
我让三十多名演员进到酒吧
扮演顾客和服务生
We had real beer on tap and even a working simulation of their pizza oven.
我们有现成的啤酒
甚至模拟了窑烤披萨制♥作♥流程
Each time we ran through the night,
每一次的排演
new variables were introduced that he would have to adapt to.
都会让他适应不同的插曲
With a special focus on the moment when he'd be confessing.
尤其是在坦白的时刻
I got to tell you something, and it's been eating at me for years.
我得告诉你一件事
这件事多年来一直困扰着我
- Oh, yeah? - Hey guys, how we doing over here?
两位目前还好吗?
- Good. - I'm fine, thank you.
-我很好,谢谢你 -要再为你们上一杯吗‥?
Can we get you another drink? Can I get you a drink?
I think we're good.
没关系
Kor, you don't want the interruption happening during the confession,
寇尔你一定不希望在坦白时被打断
so maybe you make sure your drink isn't empty at this point in the night.
-所以你到时要保持酒杯有酒 -好,没错
- Right? So, maybe tiny sips. - Right.
啜饮就好,可以吗?
- Can you just take tinier sips? - I got it, take tiny sips.
-小口啜饮,明白了 -所以你就‥
We ran through the entire night 13 times.
我们整晚排演了十三次
But unlike real life,
但与现实不同 这里能一再地重新来过
in here, you can always hit the reset button and start over.
It was the one place on earth you couldn't fail.
是世上唯一不会失败的地方
Orange juice, no pulp.
无果肉柳橙汁
Hope you don't mind? I decided to give you a little buzz.
希望你不介意,我给你点了杯酒
I decided to give you a little buzz.
我给你点了杯酒
It's something that's been eating at me for a long time.
这件事多年来一直困扰着我
Oh, yeah?
It's been eating at me for this... forever, and I want to...
这件事多年来一直困扰着我
我想‥告诉你
I just want to tell you.
- No pulp. - Okay.
-不要果肉 -好
I got to tell you something. This has been eating at me for years.
我得告诉你这件事 多年来一直困扰着我
My whole educational status has been a scam.
我的学历背景是假的
Just based after my childhood, I guess there's some issues there.
可能是童年时期的阴影
至今依然有着害怕面对的不安全感
Some insecurities I haven't been able to face until now.
As we neared the end, Kor seemed to be testing new approaches,
快结束时寇尔似乎在尝试新方法
剧集 | 彩排(2022) | 导航列表