剧集 | 彩排(2022) | 导航列表
But when I saw the trivia bar Kor frequents,
当我来到寇尔常光顾的益智问答酒吧
I was overwhelmed by the chaos of the environment.
场面混乱令我不知所措
This is footage I collected from the Alligator Lounge in Brooklyn,
这是我在布鲁克林鳄鱼酒吧 拍摄的画面
and it seemed like any aspect of this space
看来这里任何风吹草动
could radically transform the tone of his big moment.
都可能影响到他坦白的方式
I had learned this firsthand when I met Kor.
我在见到寇尔后体会到了一件事
I thought I would look cool,
我以为我会看起来很酷
but due to just a slight difference in chairs, I looked like a fool.
但因为椅子不同让我看起来很蠢
It's hard to say what about this place could affect Kor's confession,
很难说到时会不会有变数 影响寇尔坦白
but I did notice there were a lot of chairs,
但我发现那里有很多椅子
and I didn't want to leave anything to chance.
而我不希望这一切只能靠运气
Kor had messaged Tricia to play trivia with him
寇尔传了讯息给翠西亚
”想不想一对一玩益智问答?” 邀她两周内去玩益智问答
in just under two weeks' time. This is where it would happen.
这里就是他决定坦诚以对的地方
The place where he would finally come clean.
So with the clock now ticking,
所剩时间不多
I invited Kor into my secret warehouse to begin his rehearsal.
我邀请寇尔来秘密仓库排演
Wow, this is... the perfect replica.
这复♥制♥得太完美了
That's not even a funhouse version of it. It has... It looks... Wow!
一点也不粗制滥造
这太令人‥惊艳了
Every detail was meticulously replicated this time.
这次每个细节都精心还原了
天啊‥
Oh, my gosh!
Oh, my gosh!
天啊‥
This spice rack, it's the exact spices they have, the garlic, the basil.
香料架里放着一样的香料 大蒜和罗勒
This chair is an exact... This... These rips...
椅子的破洞也都一样‥这些‥
Yeah, and that, even that's exactly the way it is. The portrait kind of tilts.
那个甚至也一模一样
这幅画原本也是歪的
You see that balloon there? That's in the real bar.
你看到那里的气球吗?
原本的酒吧也有一样的
It'll be like walking in, in a normal level,
我能如以往走动并掌握住情况
and then being able to know my bearings.
When you show up on the actual night, it'll feel just like this.
你当晚现身酒吧,感觉就会像这样
- Yes. - No surprises.
-没错 -完全在意料之中
No.
-没错 -你能预料即将发生的事
You know everything that's gonna happen.
There's something strange about entering a space
进到完全复♥制♥的空间,感觉很微妙
that's indistinguishable from another.
In moments, you can forget where you are.
当下会忘记自己身在何处
To me, it's like... It's a little surreal at times because...
对我来说‥这有点超现实
因为这就像‥
I mean it's like... You're the...
你是”巧克力冒险工厂”的威利旺卡
you're Willy Wonka in the Chocolate Factory
and I'm Charlie Bucket, trying to get the...
而我是查理巴格特,试着‥
I don't remember the plot fully, what did Willy Wonka do?
我不记得剧情了 威利旺卡做了什么,是好人吗?
- Was he good? - Well, he created--
-他‥创造了‥ -他不是坏人吗?
- Wasn't he a bad guy? - He had some questionable things.
他是有些可疑之处,很神秘
He was this mysterious... factory full of candy, basically.
在充满糖果的工厂‥
But I'm Willy...
但我是威利那个坏蛋?
-I'm the bad guy in the story? -Well, but he's a dream maker.
-是,但他是造梦者 -好吧
And you're doing... you're making some dreams happen for me.
-你就像在帮我实现梦想 -但是有孩子死在工厂里?
But kids died in the factory.
Well, they supposedly died, I don't know for sure if they actually--
他们应该是死了
-我不确定是不是真的‥ -好喔
But they didn't get some good fate out of it.
但他们确实运气不好
I'll read the book again just to... to look into it.
我会再看一次书‥确认一下
Yeah.
It's good.
很好啊
We started with basic blocking,
我们先从最基本的开始
and the first choice Kor would have to make is where to sit.
寇尔首先要选座位
- What's yours? This one? - Yep. Yes.
你要坐‥这里?
对,那里
- Yeah. - Good?
很好 寇尔提议当晚他会早点到
Kor proposed that on the night, he would arrive early,
and secure his favorite table using his hat
用帽子占他挑的座位
while he went to grab their trivia sheet
再去拿益智问答单子 和他们俩的饮料
and drinks for the two of them from the bar.
Hi, can I help you?
需要什么吗?
Can I have an orange juice, no pulp, and a margarita, please?
我要无果肉柳橙汁和玛格丽特
Coming right up.
马上就来
Is that a margarita? What is it?
那是玛格丽特吗,那是什么? 你在里面放了什么?
- What did you put in it? - I don't know... Just make...
不知道‥我只是‥ 我不会做玛格丽特
I don't know how to make a margarita.
He thought that greeting Tricia with a drink
他认为招待翠西亚一杯酒 会让她心情好些
would help put her in a good mood,
since she normally shows up at trivia complaining about something.
通常她来玩益智问答时都在抱怨
My roommates are driving me crazy,
我的室友快把我逼疯了
and just, it's one of those days where you're like, "You don't need to be rude."
我不懂何必如此无礼
I think it's just, like, we're all human beings here.
毕竟‥归根究底大家都是人啊
And he suggested trying to joke with her to lighten her spirits.
而他决定开个玩笑,让她心情好些
I would guess I would say...
我可能会说‥
我今晚可能会醉 因为有人惹到你了
I'm going to probably give you a little buzz tonight
because I'm sure someone's plucking your nerves today.
Okay, is that a joke? Or just a line--
好的,这是‥笑话还是一句话?
- It'll be more of a joke. - Okay.
-比较像是笑话 -好的
For every way Tricia could react, I would input a planned response
所有翠西亚可能会有的反应
我会在流程图中输入计划好的回应
from Kor into specialized flowchart software.
- Hey. - Hi, Trish the dish.
-寇尔 -是耀眼的翠西亚
How you doing?
”用耀眼开头” 你好
This would allow us to chart the optimal path through the evening.
”世界纪录的书” 这能够绘制出当晚的最佳流程
- Are you starting with presidents? - No, I'm starting with twins.
-就是这样‥ -你‥要从总统开始吗?
不是,从双胞胎开始
You went twins and then go to presidents?
-你先从双胞胎接着‥ -我‥
-我从双胞胎开始,再带到‥ -接着到总统
I started with twins and I connected to--
- And then go to the presidents? - Yeah.
A decision tree that would guide us towards key milestones
决策树能引导我们到关键的转捩点
and help us avoid pitfalls.
”调情,不调情” 让我们避开陷阱
- Hey. Hi, man. - Hi. Trish the dish.
-寇尔 -是耀眼的翠西亚
Kor had told me there was a chance Tricia could misinterpret his invitation
寇尔说翠西亚可能会误解他的邀请
as a sign of romantic interest.
以为他想跟她更进一步
She's a single person and I guess...
毕竟她单身,而且‥
that after all these years, I'm inviting her by myself.
多年后,突然单独邀请她一人
Right.
说得对
You know I don't drink very much, you trying to get me drunk?
你知道我不太喝酒 是想把我灌醉吗?
But when we ran that simulation, he gave confusing signals.
但排演时,他的行为却让人不解
You're leaving your hand touching hers right there.
你的手放那里摸着她的手
Well, if I move it then it's going to bring more suspicion to it.
要是移开会更让人起疑‥
How as a woman, how would you take that?
我是说‥女人会怎么想呢?
If you touched a guy's hand and he just left it there.
假如你碰了男方的手而他就这样放着
-她可能会以为你也在调情 -说得对
-She could read that as you flirting back. -Right.
So, I had Kor practice some standard defenses
所以我让寇尔练习防范 她可能会更进一步的行动
to any advance she might make.
I think it's really nice of you to get me a drink.
我很开心你请我喝酒
我觉得‥来这里很棒‥
I feel like it's... just, yeah, it's nice to go like, come and...
But, of course, all this was designed
”移开手,坦白” 当然这些都是为了坦白所做的铺陈
to lay the perfect foundation for him to confess his lie.
Did I tell you what happened with my laptop?
我说过我的笔记型电脑怎么了吗?
No, no idea.
-没有‥ -有一天我要开机却无法启动‥
The other day I went to switch it on
and it just didn't switch on, and like, it was, you know that thing of--
我当时正在打文章打到一半
I was in the middle of writing something,
后来想到里面的照片也许会遗失
so I'm thinking I'm going to lose the pictures that are in there--
有趣的是你以为会遗失,也许是‥
Well, it's funny that you think about losing, I wanted.
It sounds heavy, but actually, don't worry because I...
好像很严重但其实不用担心
因为‥事情有了转折
This story turned around,
like, I didn't actually end up losing the photos and the stuff,
最后照片没有遗失,只是得拿去修
but I did have to take it to get it fixed.
Kor, I think you need to take control of the conversation,
寇尔,你得试图掌控谈话节奏
she's not going to give you an opening.
-不然没有机会开口的 -好吧
If you just let her talk she's just gonna keep talking, right?
你继续让她讲,她就不会停止
I'll try just one more time.
我再试一次 用其他方式试图打断谈话
To see if I can find another pattern into breaking into the conversation.
Okay. Try it.
好,试试吧
Like, he just couldn't make any kind of conversation
我无法跟他对谈,他会突然说什么‥
and like, he suddenly said like, something about, like,
pineapple being a member of the citrus family, and like--
凤梨是柑橘家族的一份子‥
我的学历是假的
My educational situation is a fraud.
What?
什么?
But just starting his confession wasn't the only challenge.
但开口坦白并不是唯一的难题
Kor was most worried about the aftermath.
寇尔最担心的是后续发展
So, our entire approach
所以整个计划 必须以益智问答之夜为核心
had to be planned around the format of this particular trivia night.
There's usually six questions per round, it's about four rounds.
通常一轮有六个问题,总共四轮
After round two, they usually have a ten to 15-minute break.
第二轮后会有十至十五分的中场休息
We're going to take a ten-minute break, and I'm going to add up all your scores.
我们会休息十分钟并加总分数‥
And then during that time, sometimes we would order some pizza.
剧集 | 彩排(2022) | 导航列表