剧集 | 彩排(2022) | 导航列表
It was frustrating. My rehearsal for today
今天的结果令人沮丧
我所做的排演是要让他敞开心扉
was designed to get him to open up about this stuff,
but perhaps I had done something to put him off.
但我或许做了什么令他却步了
Thinking back, there was a somewhat off-color joke I tried
回想当时,我从洗手间回来后 开了低级玩笑
after a trip to the bathroom.
Oh, my gosh, I should start traveling with a plunger.
老天,我以后出门该带着马桶疏通器
- You think he'd find that funny? Or... - Yeah.
-好笑吗,他会觉得有趣吗? -会的
But when I did it with the real Kor, it didn't land.
但我对寇尔本人开玩笑时,他没有笑
Oh my God, I should start traveling with a plunger.
老天,我以后出门该带着马桶疏通器
好的‥
Well, well, well.
I should invest in them.
我该买♥♥一个的
- Are they expensive? - No. No.
会很贵吗?
不会‥
Could that joke have been it?
会不会是因为那个笑话?
I'd intended the joke to be self-deprecating
我的本意是想开玩笑
about my unpredictable bowel movements,
自嘲自己上大号♥会失禁
but reflecting on it later,
但事后回想
I realized he could have interpreted it as a criticism
他也许会解读成 我在批评厕所很简陋
that his bathroom was under-equipped.
Whatever the reason,
不论理由为何
I couldn't stage a rehearsal for Kor with no details about his friend.
我无法在不了解寇尔朋友的情况下 为他进行排演
So, I planned a day trip for us upstate,
所以我计划了一日北部旅游
that was strategically designed to endear me to him
试图让彼此更亲近
and hopefully, get him to open up.
并希望他能敞开心扉
- Have you ever been? - Never.
-你试过吗? -从来没有
- You've never? - Never in my entire life.
-从未? -这辈子未曾试过
你的姓氏就是飞靶的意思 却没试过飞靶射击?
So, your last name is Skeet and you've never been skeet shooting?
No, no.
完全没有‥
Pull.
放靶
Pull.
放靶
I didn't tell Kor,
我没告诉寇尔
but I had arranged ahead of time to have the guns loaded with blanks,
-我提前装了几个空包弹 -放靶
in the hopes that it would create a moment of bonding,
-让我们彼此能有共鸣 -放靶
because we were both bad at this.
因为我俩都不擅长这件事
- You fired too early, man. - I fired too early.
你太早开枪了,老兄
我太早开枪了
Wow, we are not good at this.
我们真的打得很烂
- But it's nice to have a new experience. - Yeah.
但很高兴能体验新事物
没错
But this was just laying the groundwork for the main event.
但这只是为主要活动做的铺陈
The mutual disclosure of personal information in a heated pool.
就是在温水池里聊关于彼此的事
- You mentioned you were married. - Yes, I was married for five years.
你说过你曾有段婚姻
是的,五年的婚姻
- I was married for three years. - Didn't know that.
我曾有过三年的婚姻
没听说过
Is it sad for you?
你会难过吗?
I consider it one of my...
我认为这是我‥
one of the bigger failures of my life.
此生一大败笔
- One of the what? - Biggest failures of my life.
-一大什么? -此生的一大败笔
I didn't want to go too deep into my private life,
我不想谈太多自己的私事
so I'd pre-planned for an elderly swimmer to interrupt us,
所以安排个老人家来打断我们聊天
in the hopes that it would convince Kor
希望能让寇尔相信
I was ready to share more had the moment not been ruined.
要是没被打断,我会分享更多
I wasn't sure if my portrayal of vulnerability was convincing,
我不确定我展现的脆弱 是否足以让他信服
but on the ride home, Kor finally told me the name of his trivia friend, Tricia,
但在回家路上寇尔终于告诉我
他的朋友叫翠西亚 以及她的工作
and what she did for a living.
She's been mostly a freelance writer and she has a blog,
她主要是自♥由♥作家而且‥
她有个部落格
gives information about things you could do to save money and have fun.
提供省钱和玩乐的资讯
- What's the blog called? - Cheap Chick in the City.
部落格叫什么?
”都市小资女”
- Cheap Chick in the City? - Cheap Chick in the City.
”都市小资女”?
”都市小资女”
- Cheap Check in the City. - Cheap Chick in the City.
”都市小资女”
”都市小资女”
- Cheap Check in the City. - Cheap Chick in the City.
”都市小资女”
”都市小资女”
Cheap Chick in the City seemed to be a bare-bones website
”都市小资女”是个很阳春的网站
dedicated to low-cost activities in New York.
提供纽约物美价廉的活动资讯
I was hoping it would be a window into Tricia's psyche,
本想藉由网站一窥翠西亚的内心世界
but it seemed like the majority of posts were just apologies
但文章大多是在为 无资讯可提供而道歉
for not having anything to post that day.
I understand that. Sometimes you don't want to say anything,
我能理解有时你无话可说
but you do want people to know you exist.
却又想让别人知道你的存在
Regardless, I was hopeful this blog would be enough
无论如何,希望这个部落格
能让聘来的女演员更好揣摩角色
for the rehearsal actress we'd hire to base her performance on,
in addition to Kor's insights.
而不只单凭寇尔的描述
She has an appeal for an actor named Vincent... Karth... Karthreiser.
她很喜欢演员文生卡赛瑟
But unfortunately, it wasn't enough.
遗憾的是这样还不够
I think it's really useful to get a sense of what their reactions might be,
如果能知道他们平时的行为反应
and the kinds of words that they might use.
或习惯使用的词汇,会很有帮助
So, to get her better access,
为了获得更多参考依据
I decided to create a blog of my own called Thrifty Boy,
我决定创建叫”节俭男孩”的部落格
and offered Tricia the opportunity to write an article for us.
并邀请翠西亚为我们撰写文章
And luckily, she took the gig.
幸好她接受了邀约
Her article would entail interviewing a professional bird watcher for our site,
她的文章需要先采访专业赏鸟人士
because bird watching is a thrifty thing to do.
因为赏鸟是省钱的活动
But what Tricia didn't know
但是翠西亚不知道
is that she'd be interviewing her own doppelgänger,
受访者是将要扮演她的演员
who would be studying her every move.
藉此观察翠西亚的一举一动
-Nice to meet you. -You look all dressed up for birdwatching.
很高兴认识你
你的穿着就像要去赏鸟
Tricia? That's my daughter's name.
翠西亚刚好是我女儿的名字
真有趣,现在很少人叫翠西亚了
Funny. There's not very many other Tricias or Patricia's ever.
So, do you have any favorite birds?
你最喜欢什么鸟?
I do love hummingbirds.
我很喜欢蜂鸟
At first glance, this woman didn't seem frightening at all,
乍看之下这女人丝毫不可怕
but she did like to talk.
但她的确很爱说话
But you know my dad is really into birds.
我爸真的很爱鸟,他真的‥
- Oh, yeah? - He seriously has like--
他住在北卡罗来纳州 那里有个盛大的赏鸟秀
He lives in North Carolina, which I guess,
apparently, there's a very big bird show there.
我很推荐《女猎人》,这本书很棒 这也是我的工作
A really good book called The Huntress, and I do recommend it. It's World War II.
But otherwise, I mean, aside from my roommates,
除了室友之外其他都很满意
I'm pretty happy with the way things are, but my roommate's definitely...
我室友就说他要迟到了‥
You know, like, "Hey, I'm running late,"
like, but maybe he found a payphone, maybe, but like...
可能就去找个电♥话♥亭‥
One time, like, the plane started plunging, so after that, like...
有次坐飞机突然急速骤降
之后上飞机都会有点害怕‥
I still get kind of nervous when I'm in a plane and...
Over the course of the 30-minute encounter,
在见面经过半小时后
our actress had trouble getting a single word in,
女演员虽是受访者却说不到半句话
even though she was the one being interviewed.
So, I have all the apps, you know, for the different,
我手♥机♥里有各家航♥空♥的应用程式
airlines, on my phone, ready to go, whenever I need to fly.
需要时随时都能飞
American Airlines, Delta, Gogo inflight entertainment.
美航,达美航♥空♥,机上娱乐程式
But before it was over,
结束前 我要知道翠西亚对于被骗的反应
I wanted to get a sense of how Tricia would respond to being lied to.
Data that would be crucial for our rehearsal.
这对我们排演是很重要的依据
There's actually something I need to come clean about.
-我要坦白一件事 -好的
Okay.
我稍早说我女儿叫翠西亚
I said early on that my daughter's name is Tricia but that was actually a lie.
其实那是个谎言
- Okay. - I don't have a daughter.
-我没有‥女儿 -好吧
Okay.
I guess I should have guessed when you said you were 39,
你说你39岁我就该猜到的
现在这年纪生女儿有些年轻
because it's a little young to have a daughter these days.
That's okay, that's funny, because I was like, I mean, like I said,
没关系,挺好笑的,如我所说‥
you don't meet too many other Tricias, so I was a little surprised, but you know,
现在很少人叫翠西亚,所以我很惊讶
不过‥挺有趣的,但我能理解
that's... yeah, that's interesting, but I understand.
- I'm sorry that I... - It's fine, don't worry.
对不起,我‥
没关系,别担心 那你和鸟有任何有趣的回忆吗?
Do you have any funny moments that you had with a bird?
With birds? Or any fun stories about birds?
或跟鸟有关的有趣故事?
I was surprised by how not mad Tricia was.
我很惊讶翠西亚没有生气
Was Kor worried for nothing,
是寇尔白担心吗?
or was Tricia just able to bottle up her rage because it was a stranger?
还是翠西亚面对陌生人时 抑制了怒火?
Kor was so convinced she would have an extreme reaction
寇尔坚信她会很激动
that he insisted the confession could only go down one-on-one,
因此坚持在公共场所 一对一的情况下坦白
in a public place.
Trivia would be, I think, the only place that would not arouse suspicion,
有个唯一不会引起怀疑的地方
because that's something we do out of habit already.
-因为我们已经非常熟悉 -好的
I can probably get her in a trivia event, by ourselves, just between she and I.
我也许能让她参加益智问答活动
只有我跟她
剧集 | 彩排(2022) | 导航列表