剧集 | 圣路教(2016) | 导航列表
Never.
你不能替别人做决定
That's not your choice to make for other people.
你承诺过要做我们的父亲
You made a commitment to be our father.
-意味着你要听从我们所需 -好
- That means you listen to what we need. ‐ Okay.
你太执着于
God, you are so busy
让自己不那么像一个邪教领袖了
trying not to be a cult leader,
你完全没在做领袖了
you're not being a leader at all.
够了
Knock it off.
你不能在这为所欲为
Okay? You don't get a free pass around here
因为你是我孩子
because you're my kid.
放尊重点
Show some fucking respect.
霍克 我还没说完话呢
Hawk, I'm not done with you.
霍克
Hawk!
如果他们限制了你的自♥由♥就眨两下眼睛
Blink twice if they're holding you against your will.
-不好意思 -我只是在检查
‐ I'm sorry? ‐ I was just checking.
你不明白这些邪教
You never know with these cults.
我们不是邪教
We're not a cult.
我们是宗教运动
We're a religious movement.
我知道了
Oh, I see.
在课上给出期限
Limited time offer on classes,
招募年轻人和青少年
recruitment of young adults and adolescents,
表现出一个有魅力的父亲形象
throw in a charismatic father‐figure.
邪教三要素都齐全了
I'd say we've got the cult trifectas.
你怎么这么专业
What makes you such an expert?
首先 我读了新美国宗教的博士
My doctorate in new American religions, for one thing.
我还没研究过
Look, I haven't actually studied this, uh‐‐
-迈耶教派 -对 确切地说
‐ Meyerist Movement. ‐ Right, uh, specifically.
但我很清楚
But I'm well aware of
这类边缘性宗教是如何运作的
how these types of fringe faiths work.
套话你就别说了
You don't have to give me the whole spiel.
别让这些事实
Oh, well, don't let the actual facts
妨碍你形成正确的快速判断
get in the way of a good snap judgment.
这不是快速判断 这
It's not a snap‐‐it‐‐
多年以来我一直在研究
I've spent years studying‐‐
其他宗教 你并不了解我们教派
Other faiths. You know nothing about ours.
那这果汁是什么情况
So what's with the juice?
你看 你必须承认 这真的挺像邪教的
'Cause I mean, you gotta admit, this is pretty culty.
这是我们神圣传统的一部分
It's part of our sacred tradition.
而且这些果汁 很好喝
And it's, you know, delicious.
而且一般不含氰化物
And mostly cyanide free. ‐
我必须承认大部分我遇到的虔诚教♥徒♥
I have to admit that most of the devout people I meet
-都不太有 -什么 幽默感吗
- don't really have a‐‐ ‐ What? A sense of humor?
我本来没准备这么说 但的确是这样
I wasn't gonna put it that way, but yeah.
我的名片 如果你想找我再聊聊
Here. In case you wanna talk some more.
-哦 不想 -不 是指聊你的宗教
‐ Yeah, I don't. ‐ No, about your religion.
我一生致力于研究美国的新生宗教
My life's work is studying new American faiths.
我很需要全新的视角
I could really use a fresh perspective.
给 如果你
Here, in case you‐‐
那是莫妮卡吗
Is that Monica?
你回来我太高兴了
I'm so happy you're back.
-嘿 爸爸 -嘿 我的乖女儿
‐ Hey, Dad. ‐ Hey, there's my big girl.
我的天啊
Oh, my gosh.
抱歉让你久等了
I am sorry to keep you waiting.
马上要见你老师了 我太激动了
I'm so pumped to meet your teachers.
他们肯定会狠狠夸你一通
They're gonna say such amazing things.
是的 前提是你遇到的是我的英语老师
Yeah, if you talk to my English teacher.
数学的情况就截然不同了
Math, kind of a different story.
我们该走了 你
We should get going. You're, uh‐‐
我知道 对不起
I know, I'm sorry.
-我们说好了5点 -听着 这阵子我工作很忙
‐ We said 5:00. ‐ Look, work is just a little crazy at the moment.
爸爸来了就好 别的不重要
Dad's here now. That's what matters.
-没错 -你们肯定会喜欢我上社会学的教室的
‐ Yeah. ‐ You guys are gonna love my social studies classroom.
有个电子白板特别酷
We have this awesome smart board.
哦 好的 系上安全带
Oh. All right. Put on your seatbelt.
家长会之夜
好吧 我们走吧
All right, come on, guys.
莱恩先生 我们能聊聊吗
Mr. Lane, can we speak to you for a minute?
事实上 我们有点迟到了 所以
Actually, we're running a little behind, so...
嗯 我们必须现在和你谈谈
Yeah, we need to speak to you now.
骗子 施虐者 邪教头目
非常抱歉 但我们需要考虑到其他家庭
We're really sorry, but we have the other families to think about.
我们觉得这次家长会
We think that it would be best
你们家最好还是别参加了
if your whole family would stay away at this time.
没关系
It's okay.
她会睡着的 好吗
She gonna fall asleep okay?
嗯 这次不能参加家长会她很难过
Yeah, she was sad to miss it.
他们准备了一场音乐表演
You know, they had this music presentation prepared.
她练了一星期了
I mean, she'd practiced all week.
真让人窝火
It's just so infuriating.
-气死我了 -我知道 但她也知道
- Makes me sick. ‐ I know, but she gets
这是外界在针对我们
that it's the outside world targeting us.
她以前也经历过 对吧
She's been there before, you know?
她是个好孩子
She's an amazing kid.
不 针对我们是一回事
No, it's one thing to target us.
可他们居然骚扰我们的女儿
But to go after our daughter?
嘿 他们不也是这么看我们的吗
Hey, isn't that what they think we did?
你看 他们的女儿从纽约大学商学院退学
I mean, their daughter dropped out of NYU business school.
他们可能是省吃俭用才送她去的
They probably saved every penny to get her there.
结果她却加入了迈耶教 天知道他们是怎么看我们的
And then she joins god knows what we look like to them.
他们可能觉得自己再也见不到她了
They probably think they're never gonna see her again.
我让她离开了
I asked her to leave.
后来我妥协了 说她可以留下
And then I said she could stay.
这一切本来不会发生
I mean, this would not have happened‐‐
不 这是不可避免的
No, it would've happened eventually.
新信徒并不想只半投入
I mean, Novices don't wanna be half in.
他们想要完全投入
They want to be all in.
记得吗 我们当初也是这样
Remember? That's how we were.
全身心地献身于光明
Devoted to the light with every fiber of our beings.
我们只能指望
And we just have to hope
她家长和他们反对你的运动
it doesn't get uglier with her parents
不会闹得更凶
and their campaign against you.
听着 我会和维拉说这件事的
Hey, I will talk to Vera about this.
怎么了
What?
没什么
Nothing.
你说啊
Say it.
萨拉 怎么了
Sarah, what?
那个 就是
You know, it just‐‐
感觉好像你过分相信维拉
it feels like you're putting an awful lot of faith in Vera
能帮助你了
to help you.
我是说 什么时候开始非信徒知道的比我们还多
I mean, since when does an IS know more than we do?
我们已经不再说非信徒这个词了
Well, we don't use the term IS anymore.
叫潜在信徒
It's Future Possible.
情况一直在变化
And things are changing
维拉就是其中一部分
and Vera is a part of that.
你想 她能理解外界的
Look, she understands the mindset
思维模式
of the outside world.
懂吗 她利用这一点帮我们传达信息
Okay, and she uses that to help us communicate.
-吸纳新成员 -她把我们神圣的净化拿去推销 埃迪
- To grow. ‐ She's marketing our sacred cleanse, Eddie.
我 我很抱歉 你知道什么东西才需要推销吗
I'm‐‐I am sorry, but you know what needs marketing?
劣质品
Snake oil.
真♥相♥是不需要编造的
The truth shouldn't need spin.
而且这一切也并不像是改变
And this doesn't feel just like change.
倒像是末路的开始
It feels like it's the beginning of the end.
听着 如果你觉得地位遭到维拉的威胁
Look, if you are threatened by Vera,
你真的不该这么想
you really shouldn't be.
你就是这么想我的吗
Is that what you think this is?
-你觉得我嫉妒她 -她或许不是我们的信徒
- Is that I'm jealous? ‐ She may not be a believer in the faith,
但她相信我
but she is a believer in me.
我希望你能成功
I want you to succeed.
-我真的希望你能成功 -我会成功的
- I really, really do. ‐ And I will.
听着 维拉不是决策者
Look, Vera doesn't make decisions.
我是 因为我是天选之子
剧集 | 圣路教(2016) | 导航列表