剧集 | 发光体 | 导航列表
我没有接这个案子
I didn't take the case.
什么 为什么不接
What? Why the hell not?
她的故事站不住脚
Her story's indefensible.
消失的子弹
The missing bullet?
她手上的伤口
The cut on her hand?
失忆 这些都说不通
Losing her memory? It doesn't make sense.
所以她才需要律师
That's why she needs a bloody lawyer!
你跟她谈过就知道了
You talk to her. You'll see.
我不能 我是目击者 不允许跟她交谈
I can't. I'm a witness. I'm not allowed.
你是控方证人吗
For the prosecution?
当然是控方 被告没有证人
Of course for the bloody prosecution. There's no defence!
她代表自己辩护 这不是谋杀 是自杀
She's representing herself. It isn't murder; it's suicide.
请大家安静
Quiet, please.
卡佛先生
Mr Carver.
你究竟是否熟悉
Were you acquainted at all
已逝的克罗斯比·威尔士先生
with the late Mr Crosbie Wells?
不太熟 他娶了我的一名租客 莉迪亚·格林威
Not well. He married one of my tenants, Lydia Greenway,
即现在的莉迪亚·威尔士
now Lydia Wells.
有争议的地♥产♥ 地处达尼丁市的坎伯兰街35号♥
The property in question being 35 Cumberland St, Dunedin,
以前叫东方旅馆
formerly the Hotel Oriental,
后来被称为心愿之家
later known as the House of Many Wishes?
没错
That's correct.
你当时知道威尔士先生去年五月
Were you aware of the bonanza discovered by Mr Wells
在邓斯坦谷发现的鸿运吗
in the Dunstan Valley in the month of May last year?
我知道 他送到了一个保险箱 我看见箱子搬进去了
I was aware. He had a strongbox delivered. I saw it go in.
那时安娜·维瑟洛小姐住在那处地♥产♥里吗
Was Miss Anna Wetherell residing at the property at the time?
是的
Yes, she was.
所以 简单来说
So, to put it crudely,
她当时知道威尔士先生很有钱
she knew what Mr Wells was now worth.
我不清楚 我想是吧
I don't know. I suppose so.
你知道维瑟洛小姐的绰号♥吗 曼纳林先生
Do you know Miss Wetherell's nickname, Mr Mannering?
叫做
It's...
中国佬的安
Chinaman's Ann.
为什么呢
Why?
因为她喜欢鸦♥片♥
She has a taste for opium.
她常去中国城拿鸦♥片♥
She goes to Chinatown to get it.
这份财富
This fortune,
正好价值4096英镑
valued at precisely £4096,
是在威尔士先生死后不久 在他小屋里发现的
was discovered in Mr Wells' cottage shortly after he died.
能麻烦你读一下雕刻的字吗
Can you read the engraving, please?
上面刻着极光
It says Aurora.
你知道是谁雕刻的吗 曼纳林先生
Do you know who made this engraving, Mr Mannering?
-我能猜出 -请说
- I can guess. - Please do.
一个叫魁的男人 嫖♥客♥魁
A man named Quee, Johnny Quee.
抱歉 魁是英文名吗
Pardon me. Quee - is that an English name?
他是中国佬
He's a Chinaman.
谢谢 我没有问题要问了
Thank you. No further questions.
请你提问 维瑟洛小姐
Your witness, Miss Wetherell.
我之前从未见过那些金子
I never saw that gold before.
法官阁下 辩方律师在作证
Mr Justice, Counsel is testifying.
维瑟洛小姐 你只能提问
Miss Wetherell, you'll restrict yourself to questions only.
我没有问题要问曼纳林先生
I have no questions for Mr Mannering.
从专业角度看 普里查德先生
In your professional opinion, Mr Pritchard,
克罗斯比·威尔士先生的死因是什么
what was the cause of the death of Mr Crosbie Wells?
过度服用鸦♥片♥酊
Excessive consumption of laudanum.
自己主动服用 还是被强迫的
Taken freely, or coerced?
不好说
Couldn't say.
你认识这个药瓶吗 先生
Do you recognise this phial, sir?
是的 这是我的一个药瓶
Yes, it's one of mine.
你给被告提供过这种药瓶吗
Have you ever supplied the defendant with such a phial?
是的
I have.
-不止一次吗 -是的
- On more than one occasion? - Yes.
鸦♥片♥酊是鸦♥片♥的一种酊剂 对吧
And laudanum is a tincture of opium, correct?
-是的 -你认为
- Yes. - Would you go as far as to say
她有毒瘾吗
she has a dependence on the drug?
实际上 是十分严重的毒瘾
A dependence so severe, in fact,
以至于迫使她每天都对中国佬投怀送抱
as to drive her into the arms of Chinamen every day?
你想问什么
What's your question?
你认为安娜·维瑟洛小姐
Do you believe Miss Anna Wetherell
-有能力犯下暴行吗 -我们都有能力 先生
- to be capable of violence? - We all are, sir.
否则我们就不是人类了
We wouldn't be human otherwise.
但一名有着如此强烈毒瘾冲动的女人
But a woman suffering from such a desperate compulsion
肯定比大多数人都更有能力犯罪
would surely be more capable than most.
没有问题了
No further questions.
请你提问 维瑟洛小姐
Your witness, Miss Wetherell.
她为什么不盘问 她有何打算
Why isn't she going to cross? What's her plan?
我觉得她毫无打算
I don't think she has one.
我收留了维瑟洛小姐
I took Miss Wetherell into my home.
克罗斯比玷污了这善举
Crosbie tarnished that charity.
维瑟洛小姐则利用了它
Miss Wetherell abused it.
在威尔士先生去世前 你和他的关系疏远了
You and Mr Wells were estranged at the time of his death
对吗
is that correct?
是的
It is.
你们疏远的原因是什么
What was the reason for your estrangement?
是她
She was.
即便是个傻子也能看出她看他 看他的钱的样子
A fool could see the way she looked at him, at his money.
毕竟她是个妓♥女♥
She's a whore, after all.
可怜的克罗斯比被迷住了
Poor Crosbie was entranced.
听不得一句说她的坏话
Wouldn't hear a word against her.
我们吵了一架 他赌气走了
We had a row, he stormed out,
我遗憾地说 我...
and I regret to say, I...
我再也没看到过他
I never saw him again.
如果这种事只发生过一次
If it was the only time this had happened,
我也就原谅他了 但是你看
I would have forgiven him. But you see,
她只是一长串年轻女子中的
she was simply the last in a very long sequence
最后一个...
of young women...
那些姑娘都像她一样
just like her.
你认为被告杀了你丈夫吗 威尔士太太
Do you think the defendant killed your husband, Mrs Wells?
总督
Governor,
我知道是她干的
I know she did.
维瑟洛小姐 你想盘问这位证人吗
Miss Wetherell, do you wish to cross-examine this witness?
是的
Yes, I do.
我这里有封信...
I have here a letter...
由威尔士先生写给劳德贝克先生
addressed to Mr Lauderback, from Mr Wells.
时间是去年的12月份
It's dated December last year.
法官阁下 这封信没有在证物中
Mr Justice, this is not in evidence.
继续
Go on.
维瑟洛小姐
Miss Wetherell?
请你大声念出来
Could you read it out, please?
整封信
The whole thing.
这完全没经过验证 先生
This is entirely unverified, sir.
不 我想听听
No, I want to hear it.
威尔士太太
Mrs Wells?
西坎特伯雷
West Canterbury.
1865年12月
December 1865.
先生 我在《西海岸时报》上看到
Sir, I observe in the West Coast Times
您希望走陆路而不是海路
that you mean to make your passage overland and not by sea.
您的路线会一路沿着阿♥拉♥胡拉河
Your route will take you down the length of the Arahura River
经过我家
and past my house.
我冀望此行能让我们有机会
I dare to hope that this may provide occasion
终于能会面
for us to meet at last.
我会描述一下房♥子的样子
I shall describe the dwelling
以便您决定是停留或直接走
so that you may approach or stay away as you see fit.
房♥子在阿♥拉♥胡拉河
The house is high above the Arahura River
南岸的高处
on its southern side.
房♥子不大 我亲手所建
The dwelling is a small one, fashioned by my own hand.
也许即使您不停留 我也会看到您路过
Perhaps even if you do not stop, I shall see you riding by.
我不敢期待...
I shall not expect it...
或希冀我们的会面 但祝您西行旅途愉快
...nor hope for it, but wish you a pleasant journey westward
竞选成功
and a victorious campaign
剧集 | 发光体 | 导航列表