剧集 | 发光体 | 导航列表
先生 你不知道我 但我是你的兄弟
Sir, you do not know me, but I am your brother.
你的父亲和一名妓♥女♥生下了一个野种
Your father sired a bastard by a prostitute.
我就是那个野种
I am that bastard.
我在约克郡长大
I was raised in Yorkshire,
跟着我的教区牧师姓
taking the surname of my parish priest.
我过得还行
I have not suffered.
但一直以来都想知道亲生父亲的姓
But I desired always to learn my father's name,
想能够仰望他的身影 听到他的声音
to look upon his shape and hear his voice.
最近 我的心中所念有了回应
Recently, my prayers were answered
父亲亲自写了一封信给我
with a letter from the man himself.
他写道 一直都知道我的存在
He had always known of me, he wrote.
他在信中夹了20镑给我 并祈求我的原谅
He enclosed me 20 pounds and asked for my forgiveness.
我决定去找出他
I resolved to seek him out.
但我后来犯了个大错
But then I made a blunder,
在《航运新闻》得知阿利斯泰尔·劳德贝克
seeing in the Shipping News that Alistair Lauderback
下次涨潮时 就要出发去殖民地了
was departing for the colonies next tide.
我坚信 那就是我的父亲
I believed it was my father.
但我不知道他还有另外一个儿子
I did not know he had another son.
我没想到他们姓名相同
I did not think that son might share his name.
我计划一直跟着他
I made a plan to follow him.
后来 我抵达了达尼丁
In due course, I landed in Dunedin
开始撞运气般地到处打听
and began to make enquiries as my fortunes would allow.
但当我看到你的相貌时
But when I saw your likeness,
我立马醒悟过来自己想错了
I knew at once that I had erred
你不是我的父亲 而是我的兄弟
and that you were not my father but my brother.
先生 我从未想来这个国家
Sir, I never wanted to be in this country.
我从未计划过这种生活
I never sought this life.
但我花光了父亲的20镑
But I have spent our father's 20 pounds
现在没办法回家
and do not now have the means to return home.
我求你行行好
I beg you for your charity,
相信你一位相信主的大好人
believing you to be a good and Christian man,
因为我将永远是你的兄弟
and because I will remain, always, your brother,
克罗斯比·威尔士
Croshie Wells.
186♥4♥年6月
June 186♥4♥.
自从上次跟您写信 已经过去了两个月
Sir, two months have passed since I wrote you last.
先生 我求了您两次
Sir, I have begged you twice.
即使是妓♥女♥的野种 也没脸再求您了
And even I, a whore's son, am too proud to beg again.
186♥4♥年7月
July 186♥4♥.
先生 我转运了
Sir, my fortunes are much changed.
很骄傲地跟您分享我结婚了的消息
I am proud to say I write this as a married man.
威尔士太太
Mrs Wells,
现在我必须这样称呼她了 她是一位妙人
as I must call her now, is a fine specimen of her sex
我十分荣幸能够与她共度余生
and a woman I shall be very proud to carry on my arm.
我想她现在也算是您的弟妹了
I suppose she is your sister now.
186♥4♥年8月
August 186♥4♥.
先生 不知道您有没有收到我的信
Sir, I do not know if my letters reach you,
或者您怀着怎样的心情在读我的信
or in what spirit you read them if they do.
但我觉得即使您不回复 我也十分满足
But I believe I have become contented by your silence,
尽管这话听起来很奇怪
strange as that may sound.
1865年6月
June 1865.
我在金矿里发了大财
I have made a strike on the gold fields.
我不是以低人一等 而是以平等的身份写信给你
I write not as your inferior, but as your equal.
我现在也是有钱人了
I'am now a rich man.
先生 在这个新世界里 一个出身如此卑微的人
Sir, it is a marvel to me in this new world
竟能变得如此成功 这对我来说是个奇迹
that one so low born could find himself so elevated.
也许在各方面我都比
Perhaps I take after our father
自己所知的更像我们父亲
in more ways than I knew.
1865年8月
August 1865.
从我的邮戳上你会注意到 如俗话所说
You'll notice from my postmark that I've upped my sticks,
我迁居别处了
as the saying goes.
可以说我被人出♥卖♥♥♥ 诈骗 差点被谋杀
Suffice to say I have been betrayed, swindled,
并被抢走了一切可以证明
nearly murdered and robbed of any means
他们罪行的证据
to prove the crime.
我之所以能活下来 并不是靠自己的狡猾或毅力
I owe my life not to my own cunning or perseverance,
而是归功于一个女孩善意的干预
but to the kind intervention of a girl
而后我却把她丢下 任由命运摆布
I then abandoned to her fate.
我用背叛回报背叛
I met betrayal with betrayal,
这点我必定后悔终生
and that I must always regret.
很遗憾我是唯一的目击者
I'm sorry I'm your only witness.
不过说实话 我真的不知道能怎么帮到你
However, I honestly don't see how I can help.
你从哪儿弄来这些的
Where did you get those?
谁给你的
Who gave you those?
我还以为是你拿来的
I thought you did.
这些是私人财产 被偷来的财产
They are private property. They are stolen property!
我可以把你
I could have you...
一位政客和一个妓♥女♥
A politician and a prostitute.
你想怎么样
What do you want?
你为什么不回信
Why didn't you write back?
他一直给你写信
He kept writing.
你却从未回复过
You never replied.
为什么
Why?
我为我的父亲
I was ashamed.
感到羞愧
Of my father.
而一段时间过后 我也为自己感到羞愧
And then, after a while, of myself.
然后我就不知该如何回信了
And then I couldn't write.
已经过去太久了 我该说些什么呢
It had been too long. What would I say?
有太多的话要说了
There was too much to say.
所以我想我应该去见他 面对面
So I thought I'd go and meet him, face to face.
但我来得太迟了
But I was too late.
我不知道她已经结婚了
I never knew she was married.
克罗斯比从来只在信里
In his letters, Crosbie never called her anything
称呼她为威尔士太太
but Mrs Wells.
你读过信了 你知道的
You've read them. You know.
他从未用过她的教名
He never used her Christian name,
而她对我也只自称格林威小姐
and with me, she only called herself Miss Greenway.
我不知道克罗斯比长什么样
I never knew what Crosbie looked like.
所以当卡佛告诉我
So when that man Carver told me
他是克罗斯比·威尔士时
his name was Crosbie Wells,
我没有理由不相信他
I had no reason not to believe him.
他知道整个故事 他提到了信
He knew the whole story. He mentioned the letters,
和我的父亲
my father.
我们的父亲
Our father.
直到几个月后再收到克罗斯比的信
It wasn't till Crosbie wrote again, a few months later,
我才反应过来自己被一个冒牌货给耍了
that I realised I'd been played by an imposter.
如果我当初回了信的话
If I'd only replied,
如果我
if I,
好了
Well,
你知道我的肮脏秘密了
there it is - my dirty secret.
并不肮脏
It's not dirty.
也并不只是你的秘密
And it's not just yours.
你不必出庭作证
You don't have to testify.
你就是那个救了他命的女孩
You're the girl that saved his life.
不重要了
It didn't matter.
他们还是杀了他
They still killed him.
留着它们吧
Keep them.
反正内容我都滚瓜烂熟了
I know them by heart anyway.
你起来多久了
How long have you been up?
我开枪射了他
I shot him.
那晚我正要离开的时候 他吓了我一跳
That night, when I was leaving, he startled me;
我朝他胸口开了一枪
I shot him square in the chest.
我以为我杀了他
I thought I'd killed him.
-也许你没打中 -我打中了
- Maybe you missed. - I didn't miss.
那他怎么还活着
How is he still alive?
我不知道
I don't know.
曼纳林先生
Mr Mannering.
这应该会很有趣
This should be very interesting.
确实
Yes, indeed.
洛温塔尔先生
Mr Lowenthal.
让开 让开
Move. Move!
你不是应该在前面吗
Shouldn't you be up the front?
剧集 | 发光体 | 导航列表