剧集 | 杀戮本性(2023) | 导航列表
Mr. Webster's initials.
你纹上这个图案的时间 比你宣称的还要晚
You got your original tattoo later than you claimed.
你是在分手后才纹的
It was after you'd broken up,
在你告发他之后才纹的
it was after you reported him to the police,
这都是事实
those were the facts.
这就是我陈述的
That is all I presented.
但是是他叫我纹的
But he asked me to get it.
他给我留下的礼物
He left me gifts.
我不知道该如何思考
I didn't know what to think.
他从没停止过骚扰,从没放过我
He never stopped, he never left me alone.
我想问你…
I need to ask you...
韦伯斯特之后和你联络过吗?
Webster was in touch with you after the trial?
有
Yes.
多久?
For how long?
直到我不得不…
Up until the day before I had to...
消失
disappear.
否则他永远不会停手
It was never going to stop.
我以为是迈克尔尼文斯的主意
I thought it was Michael Nevins' idea...
叫你假死
for you to fake your death.
是的
Yes.
是他的主意
It was.
我们必须有一个人隐姓埋名
One of us had to be incognito.
我知道只有这样
And I knew that was the only way
才能真正逃离韦伯斯特
for me to truly escape Webster.
让他以为我死了
For him to believe I was gone.
那你为什么没有
What made you feel like
告诉纳什韦伯斯特的行为呢?
you couldn't talk to Nash about Webster's behavior?
是要我重来一次吗?
What, start the cycle again?
警♥察♥、起诉、打官司、损失、崩溃
Police, prosecution, trial, loss, annihilation.
但你可以去找警♥察♥的
But you could have gone to the police,
你本来可以报♥警♥的
you could have gone to the police.
那你为什么不报♥警♥?
Then why didn't you do that?
在韦伯斯特转移目标到你身上时
When Webster turned his attentions in your direction?
你是怎样知道的?
How do you know about that?
我看见你和他在一起
I saw you with him.
你是可以报♥警♥的
You could have gone to the police.
他们会处理的,他们会
They would have dealt with him, they would.
-不一样 -完全一样
-It's not the same. -It's exactly the same.
-不一样 -完全一样
-It's not the same. -It's exactly the same,
我知道你为什么不报♥警♥
and I know why you didn't.
很多女人都知道为什么我们最终
So many women know why we wouldn't report
举报不了韦伯斯特这种人
what men like Webster do until it's too late.
建立这个系统的人不是我
I didn't create the system.
还有那些规则
And the rules,
以及对与错
and the rights, and the wrongs.
你为了打赢官司
You would defend anyone
可以保护或摧毁任何人,不是吗?
and destroy anyone to win, wouldn't you?
为坏人辨护
It doesn't make you bad person
不会令你也变成坏人
to defend bad people.
真的是这样吗?
Doesn't it?
恭喜你来到第二轮面试
So, you made it to round two.
如果一切顺利
And if this goes well,
五年前
下一轮面试就是去见
final hurdle to a pupillage with us
律师楼的主管安格斯格雷了
is meeting our head of chambers Angus Grey.
这间律师楼是我的首选
These chambers are my first choice.
真的吗?为什么?
Oh, really? Why so?
别因为安格斯是我丈夫
Don't let the fact that Angus is my husband
而影响到你的答案
in any way affect your answer.
贵司的客户委托你们
All your clients here are often
往往都是因为面对艰难的一仗
fighting the hardest fight they ever will
而我则是想…
when you represent them, and...
想为他们打一场正义之仗
I want to fight the good fight on their behalf.
天啊,很抱歉,我知道你是认真的
Oh, God, I'm sorry. I know you mean it.
我明白
I do.
真的
I really do.
很抱歉,英格丽
Yes. I'm sorry, Ingrid.
我最近太愤世嫉俗了
I am way too cynical these days.
所以,英格丽…
So, Ingrid...
你有些历练,也有工作经验
You have the CV, the work experience,
而且成绩优异
the outstanding academics.
但每个应征者都是这样的
So does every applicant.
我跟其他人不一样
I'm not like every applicant.
最终决定在于安格斯
Angus has the final say,
相信我
and trust me,
“正义之仗”
"fighting the good fight"
这种说法马上就会被他否定
will be an instant thumbs down from him.
所以…
So...
说真的,你为什么想成为 一名刑事律师?
why do you really want to be a criminal barrister?
一场审判就可以彻底改变一个人的一生
A trial can change people's lives entirely.
作为律师
And as a lawyer,
可以参与正义的决策过程
you get to be a part of justice being done.
这是我梦寐以求的事
It really is all I've ever wanted to do.
而且我喜欢赢的感觉
And I really like to win.
我知道你们都怎样安抚自己
I know what you all tell yourselves.
律师在履行专业职责时
That a lawyer is not morally accountable
不应背负道德责任
for what they do in fulfilling their professional duties.
教科书是这么说的
Textbooks say that.
你朋友贝琳达也是这么想的
Your friend Belinda thought the same.
为什么是她?
Why her?
她并不是韦伯斯特的律师
She wasn't even one of Webster's lawyers.
为什么是她?
So why her?
我那晚没打算伤害她
I wasn't planning to hurt her that night.
但后来我听到她打给你
But then I heard her on the phone to you.
她称赞你
Singing your praises.
于是我怒火中烧
It made my blood boil.
我不敢说
I'm not sure
我是代表律师楼的最佳人选
I'm the best representative of chambers.
胡说,英格丽
Bollocks, Ingrid.
你以杀手辩护律师的身份
You're making a name for yourself
一鸣惊人
as a killer advocate
是一个为客户创造奇迹的人
who can work miracles for her clients.
所以作为恩师的我才会叫你去
So I'm telling you as your wise mentor to do it.
抱歉
Excuse me.
是韦伯斯特伤害了你,而不是我
Webster hurt you, not me.
更不是贝琳达
Definitely not Belinda.
你无权界定是谁伤害了我
You don't get to decide who hurt me.
所以…
So...
就因为你没得到
Because you didn't get the result
想要的结果…
that you wanted at trial...
你就制♥造♥出更多的伤害
you did all of this damage.
这样公平吗?
Is that fair?
我不是只为了自己
This is bigger than me.
你们这种人伤害的人越多
People like you achieve more success
就越能成功
the more you break people.
我发现了你和贝琳达
I found out what you and Belinda
和那个法官对克雷格尼文斯做的事…
and that judge did to Craig Nevins and...
-怎么发现的?-还有很多其他人
-How? How? -...and so many other people.
是迈克尔尼文斯告诉你
Did Michael Nevins tell you
还是你叫杰克帮你查的…
or is that part of what you got Jake to do, research me--
你见过我哥哥了吗?
Have you spoken to my brother?
他被捕了
He was arrested.
我知道
I know.
我没强迫他帮我
I didn't force him to help me.
他还在拘留中吗?
Is he still in custody?
我很抱歉
I'm sorry.
很抱歉
I'm sorry.
我们去找他谈过了
We went to go and talk to him.
然后出了意外
It was an accident.
杰克…死了
Jake... died.
我们之间是真感情
Things felt real between us.
剧集 | 杀戮本性(2023) | 导航列表