剧集 | 塞勒姆(2014) | 导航列表
Death or submission.
死亡或者投降
Or alliance.
或是与我结盟
How do I begin?
我要怎么做
There is no magic without...
所有魔法都需要...
arousal.
情欲
Just relax. Close your eyes.
放松 闭上眼睛
Now imagine someone.
现在想象某个人
A man, perhaps.
可能是某个男人
You may know him.
可以是你认识的人
His breath in your ear.
他在你耳畔喷吐气息
His hands on you.
双手在你身上肆意游走
His lips on your neck.
双唇埋于你的颈窝
Come. I have something for you.
跟我来 我有东西要给你
Your book of shadows.
你的暗影之书
Some books are made to be read, others to be written.
有些书是用来看的 而有些是用来写的
Every one of us must keep one --
我们每人都得有一本这样的书
A private grimoire of all our thoughts and dreams,
用来记录我们的想法和梦境的个人魔法书
Our magic and experiments, all our deeds,
我们的法术和尝试 一举一动
dark and light.
无论正邪
If it be worked properly, no one but she who inscribes it
如果运用得当 只有撰写的人
will be able to read what it contains,
才能读到里面的内容
at least not while the author still lives.
至少在作者尚在人世时是如此
And after they are gone?
那他们死后呢
After the death of a witch,
在巫师死后
the book finds its way to the Samhain.
他的书自会回到死亡之神手里
This ensures the survival of the discovery of witches
这样我们才能在对巫师的围剿中幸存下来
so that the old ways are not lost.
以保住古老的传统
Some of these go back hundreds of years
这里有些都已经有几百年的历史了
to some of the earliest Essex witches.
属于那些最古老的埃塞克斯巫师
In fact...
事实上
I have your father's book.
我还有你父亲的书
That's how I knew he was dead.
所以我知道他死了
The book appeared that morning.
那天早上他的书出现了
Now go home and inscribe your book.
现在回家撰写你自己的书吧
You may write with ink,
你可以用墨水
but first you must sign it with blood.
但首先你要用血签下名字
What? Yes.
什么 没错
The deep magic, the strong and permanent kind,
所有强力持久的高级魔法
always requires a little blood.
往往需要血祭
Your blood signature guards it from all eyes but yours.
你用血签下的名字可保证除你之外没人能看
See? It's that easy.
看见了吗 就这么简单
Do that at home, and with it write,
回家做吧 用血写下
"Anne Hale," and "this is my book of shadows."
"安·霍尔"以及"这是我的暗影之书"
When you do, your familiar will come.
当你照做后 你的亲信便会出现
My familiar?
我的亲信
You'll know it when you see it.
等你看到就知道了
I will come for you tonight at the witching hour
今晚午夜我自会来找你
and we shall complete your initiation.
帮你完成觉醒的过程
May I ask what you are doing?
我能问问你在干什么吗
If you're capable of understanding the answer, yes.
如果你觉得能理解我的答案 那就问吧
If not, I would advise watching in silence.
否则 我建议你最好还是安静看着
I read at Harvard, sir.
我上过哈佛 先生
Theology, no doubt.
一定是神学
What an extraordinarily useless and twisted branch
真是广袤知识中一个无用
of the tree of knowledge.
又怪异的分支
Please forgive me.
请原谅我
I can't seem to open my mouth today without insulting someone.
我今天似乎总是口出恶言
Blame this infernal pox.
都怪这可恶的瘟疫
It's got my mind twisted in frustration.
让我脑子像一团乱麻
Wainwright.
我是温赖特
Just the man I was hoping to meet -- the new doctor.
我正想见见你 你是新来的那个医生
I've come from Boston
我从波士顿来此
precisely with the pox weighing heavily on my mind.
满脑都只想着瘟疫的事
I intend to help stop it if it's not too late.
如果为时未晚 我希望尽绵薄之力
And you are...?
你是...
Cotton Mather.
柯顿·麦哲
You sent correspondence to the Royal Society.
你向皇家学会投过信
Why, yes. Are you a member?
没错 你是学会成员吗
An associate, and I distinctly recall
准学会成员 我清楚记得
one of your missives read aloud at our last meeting.
在上次学会会议时我们朗读过你的信
You sent a sketch of a -- um, a-a misshapen stillborn fetus.
你寄来一副画着畸形死胎的图
Apparently a grand sign of the devil's immanent arrival.
很显然是恶魔降临的铁证
Yes, it was truly remarkable. It --
没错 真的很震撼
It caused no small mirth.
那让我们满堂哄笑
I seem to remember Sir Isaac --
我还记得艾萨克爵士...
Isaac? Sir Isaac Newton? He was there?
艾萨克·牛顿爵士 他当时在场吗
There? He popped several buttons on his waistcoat he laughed so hard.
岂止在场 他笑得崩掉了好几颗纽扣
You did intend it to be funny, didn't you?
你是存心逗趣的 是吗
I was there, sir. You were not.
我当时在场 先生 你不在
Well... take a look at this.
请看这个
What is it?
这是什么
A heretofore unidentified bile
从饱受瘟疫折磨的
taken from the poor souls of Salem afflicted by this pox.
塞勒姆人♥民♥身上提取出的成分不明脓液
And I've never seen a pox like this.
我从没见过这样的瘟疫
But you've never seen a witch pox.
但你也从没见过巫师降下的瘟疫
No one has as there is no such creature as a witch,
没人见过 再说这世上根本没有巫师
let alone a disease caused by one.
更别说巫师引起的疾病了
Well, perhaps when all rational explanation is exhausted,
或许当所有理性阐释都无能为力
only the impossible remains.
便只能相信不可能之事了
You're all right, Mather, for a damn Harvard man.
你人不错 麦哲 作为一个哈佛学生来说
By a stroke of luck,
幸运的是
I believe I have located the original carrier of the pox.
我相信我找到了瘟疫的最初携带者
The very first afflicted?
第一名感染者吗
I believe so.
我想是的
His name is Isaac -- Isaac the fornicator.
他叫艾萨克 私通者艾萨克
He was branded by the benighted bigots of this little town. Isaac?
被小镇愚昧的偏执狂们烙下了印记 艾萨克吗
I know him well. Thank Christ he still lives.
我跟他是熟识 谢天谢地他还活着
Better thank me. I'm the one who found him.
还是谢我吧 是我找到他的
Where is Isaac?
艾萨克在哪
Where's my patient?!
我的病人呢
Young lady, where is he?
女士 他在哪里
Poor Isaac was sleeping last night when I left.
我昨晚离开时艾萨克还在熟睡
The boy could barely move. He didn't just wander off.
那孩子根本动不了 不可能是自己跑出去的
It's crucial we find this man.
我们必须要找到他
I don't know what happened.
我不知道发生了什么
He may have been snatched
他可能被人带走了
or at least not in his right mind.
或者至少脑子不清醒
When I found the boy,
当我发现这孩子时
he was in possession of more gold
他身上带的金子
than he could have earned in a dozen lifetimes.
几辈子都花不完
And yet he left it here.
可他全留在这了
The malum.
恶灵
Well, that, too, I found near Isaac.
那个也是我在艾萨克身边发现的
What, you recognize this curiosity, Mather?
怎么 你认识这玩意吗 麦哲
Yes.
没错
It's a legendary magical object used by witches
这是一件巫师的无上法器
to complete their grand rite
用来完成大祭典
and loose death upon the world.
将死亡释放于人间
You say Isaac was very --
你说艾萨克...
very possibly the first to be afflicted by the pox.
很可能是第一个染上瘟疫的人
He had upon him a bag of gold
他身上有一袋金子
and this -- the very weapon of the witches.
和这个 巫师使用的武器
Could Isaac have been hired by witches
艾萨克会不会是受雇于巫师
to start this plague?
来传播这场瘟疫的呢
I can't begin to discern
我真不知道该如何揣摩
the sense from the nonsense you talk,
你这胡言乱语里是否还有一丝理智
and I do regret losing Isaac, but fortunately,
尽管失去了艾萨克我很遗憾 但所幸的是
I drew enough blood from him
我已经从他身上采到了足够的血样
to continue my work with inoculation.
继续我的接种试验
That way lies the cure.
那样才能找到疗法
剧集 | 塞勒姆(2014) | 导航列表