剧集 | 塞勒姆(2014) | 导航列表
You would trust her?
你相信她
I would show you what kind of a mother,
我让你看看你要把他送给什么样的母亲
what kind of a woman you would give him to.
什么样的女人
Come.
来吧
Behold, the symbol of Mary Sibley's kindness --
看呀 玛丽·西布里善心的象征
the reward for serving her faithfully.
忠心服侍她的回报
Tituba?
缇图芭
And you would prefer Mary Sibley to your own mother?
你还要相信玛丽·西布里 胜过你的母亲吗
How did I not see?
我居然没看出来
You are as much serpent as she.
你和她一样的蛇蝎心肠
And what of it?
是又如何
The first and best of women, our mother Eve,
第一位完美的女人 我们的母亲夏娃
followed the serpent.
听从了毒蛇的劝导
And ever since,
自那以后
small-minded men have tormented us.
心胸狭窄的男人便对我们折磨羞辱
Did you never ask yourself
你是否问过自己
what kind of a God plants a tree
什么样的上帝才会种下一株
bearing the fruit of true knowledge,
结出真理硕果的大树
only to forbid his creation to partake?
却严禁他的创造之物分享一口甘甜
When I look around this dismal chamber,
当我目光落于这阴暗的房♥间时
I see three powerful women
我看到的是三位强大的女人
who all serve the same cause,
三位致力于同一事业的女人
whether they know it or not.
不论她们知晓与否
Tituba, you want to live, don't you?
缇图芭 你想活命 对吧
Then let us taste what you are made of.
那让我们尝尝你的身心吧
Mystery...
神秘
and misery...
悲惨
and lies.
还有谎言
You poor, deluded thing.
被蒙蔽的可怜人儿啊
Mary Sibley has no sympathy for your suffering.
玛丽·西布里对你的痛楚漠不关心
She has had her own heartbreak to bear.
她有自己的伤心事
An unfaithful lover,
一个不甚忠诚的情人
an unwanted child.
一个意外降临的孩子
Why, these are trivialities
这些与变成孤儿
compared to being orphaned, enslaved,
遭受奴役 漂洋过海
sent across the ocean,
经历无数次倒卖♥♥相比
and passed from hand to sweaty hand.
简直不值一提
Now, all these years,
这么多年
it's you who has done all the real work.
真正付出的其实是你
And Mary Sibley has reaped the rewards.
玛丽·西布里坐享其成
But why has Mary done this to you?
但为何玛丽还要如此对你
What are you being punished for?
你为何要受此罪罚
She blames me for all her misery.
她把她所有的痛苦都归咎于我
But are you telling the truth?
但你对她说出真♥相♥了吗
Lies drip from your lips like honey.
谎言如蜜从嘴边滴落
I can taste the lies
我能尝出
that you told Mary,
你告诉玛丽的谎言
the Essex, John Alden.
埃塞克斯巫族 约翰·奥登
You may very well survive all of this,
或许我能让你存活下来
if you can be as loyal to me as you have been to him.
如果你能像曾经于他一样忠诚于我
What can a slave like me
我这样的奴隶
possibly do for the mighty Marburgs?
又能为伟大的马尔堡母子做什么呢
Well, let us speak
我们可以从
of the secret Essex stronghold.
埃塞克斯巫族的秘密巢穴说起
There was no place for a man like Isaac
在乔治·西布里的时代 艾萨克这样的人
in George Sibley's Salem,
在塞勒姆是没有容身之处的
no place for a teller of uncomfortable truths.
敢于坦言事实之人并不被接纳
If I was telling the truth,
如果我说的都是事实
why am I in the stocks?
那为何又将我锁在这里
That is the price of telling the truth.
这是说实话必须付出的代价
If it were free,
如果没有代价
every Tom, Dick, or Harry would be a truth-teller.
岂不是人人都可以肆无忌惮口无遮拦了
To tell your truth, you violated the sabbath,
告诉你吧 你扰乱了安息日集♥会♥
you disrespected your elders and betters.
又对长辈无礼
You had to be punished.
所以理应受罚
But I am not George Sibley.
但我不是乔治·西布里
And I recognize a young man with potential.
我认可这年轻人的潜力
And I know how to reward it.
知道如何嘉奖它
You were right to decry
你控诉乔治·西布里的统治腐朽不堪
the corruption of George Sibley's rule.
是没有错的
This is a new day for salem.
今天是塞勒姆新时代的开始
Henceforth, you will no longer be known
从今以后 你不再是
as Isaac the fornicator,
私通者艾萨克
but as Isaac the truth-teller.
而是真言者艾萨克
Can this be so?
真的吗
They're a good size. Use them well.
按你的尺寸做的 穿上吧
What's this for?
这是干什么
A fresh start.
给你一个全新的开始
I know in your eyes,
我知道在你看来
I am indistinguishable from all the other hypocrites
我与统治塞勒姆的其他伪善者
who have ruled Salem,
毫无二致
but I am...different.
但我真的与他们不一样
And I truly do want a different Salem.
而且我真的想建造一个不同的塞勒姆
Tell me, what do you want?
告诉我 你想要什么
I want justice.
我要正义
Justice for Dollie.
为多莉伸张正义
Excellent.
很好
The world can always use more justice.
这世上的正义总是越多越好
You must be hungry. Take this.
你一定饿了 拿着吧
Thank you.
谢谢您
Mary Sibley is finished,
玛丽·西布里已经落败
and rightfully so.
理应如此
But you -- you are the blessed star of lamentation,
而你是这首哀歌♥之中的幸运星
more precious to me than anything.
是我最珍爱的宝贝
If I was so precious to you...
如果我对你如此重要
...why didn't you keep me?
那你为何不把我留在身边
The times were perilous then.
当时危机四伏
We were hunted from city to city,
到处都在猎杀女巫
burned at the stake in droves.
我们的同类一个接一个被烧死
So, you hid me from everything,
所以你就隐瞒了我的存在
including from myself.
连我都被蒙在鼓里
The more precious something is,
越珍爱某物
the better hidden it must be.
就越要藏好它
And, yes, sometimes, even from itself.
没错 有时连珍爱之物本身都须被隐瞒
Your father and I shared one goal --
你父亲和我目标一致
to keep you safe until the time came.
那就是保你周全直到时机来临
The time?
时机
Of your inheritance.
你能继承一切的时机
You still do not grasp all that awaits you as my true heir.
作为我真正的继承人 你仍未达到我的期许[]
How can I be your heir if you have a son?
我怎能成为你的继承人 你有儿子呢
It is men who inherit everything.
男人才能继承一切
Men?
男人
Men, even sorcerous ones, are not fit for true leadership.
男人 即便是巫师 也无法担当统帅之职
True leadership is the power to deal both life and death,
真正的统治者 须能掌控生死
whereas men can only ever wield half that power --
而男人只能掌握其中一半
the easy part.
容易的那半
Now, among the wise,
智者之中
real authority descends through women,
真正掌权的都是女性
and it is you who will inherit my mantle
所以你将接过我的衣钵
and all that comes with it.
以及随之而来的一切
You despise the chaos that Mary Sibley has wrought.
你厌恶玛丽·西布里造成的混乱
You long for justice,
你渴望公平正义
fairness, a better world.
想要一个更好的世界
As my heir, you can remake the world
作为我的继承人 你可以实现
in any image you choose,
自己对世界的任何想法
as long as you accept your role and your power.
只要你接受自己的身份和力量
Mary Sibley would say she attempted just that --
玛丽·西布里会说她想实现的正是如此
to wield her magic for justice.
用她的魔法来实现正义
She is not one of us.
她跟我们不一样
She is a mere upstart pretender --
她不过是个半路出家的冒牌货
剧集 | 塞勒姆(2014) | 导航列表