剧集 | 塞勒姆(2014) | 导航列表
And one day,
而有一天
maybe tomorrow night, maybe 1,001 nights from now,
也许是明晚 也许是一千零一晚之后
I will call you.
我会召唤你
Yes.
好的
And you will do as you are told.
而你会按我说的做
Make way!
让开
Move back.
后退
Make way!
让开
Make way.
让开
Move away.
走开
Move back! Make way!
走开 让开
It's your own life force, Anne.
那是你自己的生命力 安
Deep down, beneath the guilt, you want to live.
内心深处 愧疚之下 你仍想活
I know you killed your parents, Anne.
我知道你杀了你父母 安
It's time to face what you really are.
是时候面对真正的自己了
No.
不
I may bear certain unasked-for traits,
我也许有些与生俱来的能力
But that does not make me a witch.
但那不会让我变成女巫
I am not one of you.
我不是你们那种人
You know nothing of me.
你一点也不了解我
I don't want to know.
我不想了解
I, too, came into my powers
我也是在经历了
in the wake of great and painful loss.
极度的痛苦和失去之后获得了力量
And I remember what it was first like
而我也记得第一次
to feel my body from within like a fever in the blood,
感受到身体里血液燃烧一般的感觉
That I could now do things,
现在我可以做出一些事
do things with words, with gestures.
只要几句话 一个手势
There is nothing I care to learn from you.
我根本不想从你身上学任何东西
No?
不想吗
You have yet to feel the terror
你还没有感受到从恐惧
that slowly becomes fascination and eventually joy
慢慢变为迷恋 最终成为乐趣的感觉
as you learn to take in the life force
随着你学会控制我们身边
in all the creatures around us,
所有生物的生命力
Turning the power within it, directing it as you will,
扭转内在的力量 随心所欲地操纵
into another person...
另一个人
Or into, say, a doll.
或者是 例如一个娃娃
Do you remember when I gave you a little doll
你还记得我给你的那个小娃娃吗
That very nearly squeezed the life out of you?
差点夺走你性命的那个
That was you.
是你
I can teach you to control that.
我可以教你控制这力量
If you allow me in
如果你能接受我
and you come in with us, with me,
加入我们 加入我
your eyes and heart and body will open to a truly new world.
你的眼界和身心将会发现一个全然的新世界
How can you hope to build a new world
你怎能狠心将新世界
on the corpses of the innocents who live in this one?
建造在这个世上无辜者的尸骨之上
There is no world new or old
没有哪个世界 无论新旧
not founded on bones and blood.
不是建立在血与骨之上的
Imagine a world
想象一个世界
Free of the violent hypocrisy and oppression of the Puritans,
没有清教♥徒♥伪善压♥迫♥的残暴控制
a new world that celebrates the power of nature,
一个崇尚自然之力的新世界
freedom of thought, belief, and feeling.
思想 信仰 情感皆自♥由♥
This is our chance.
这是我们的机会
A moment when the future of this land is utterly in doubt.
如今这片土地的命运正等待我们决定
You and I may have different methods, Anne,
你我的方法可能不同 安
but the life you dream of is the very one I'm fighting for.
但你梦想的那种生活正是我所为之奋斗的
But at what price?
但代价是什么呢
You, all of you, even my father,
你 你们所有的人 甚至连我的父亲
sold your souls to the devil himself.
都把灵魂出♥卖♥♥♥给了恶魔
Neither the world, the flesh, nor the devil himself
这个世界和人类并不一如清教♥徒♥的衣着
is like a Puritan suit in only black and white.
非黑即白 恶魔也一样
All is gray.
一切都是灰色的
And the devil they fear is not the devil I know.
他们畏惧的恶魔并不是我认识的那个恶魔
Either way, you had best be careful.
不管怎样 你最好当心
You are an orphaned female,
你一个双亲去世的女孩
naked and vulnerable in a world of predatory men,
活在这个男人掠夺成性的世界之中 赤♥裸♥而脆弱
many of whom would be glad
很多人都对你父亲的财产
to take your father's fortune and your virginity.
和你的贞洁垂涎三尺呢
I would be happy to extend to you
我非常愿意让你也受到
the protection I receive from Mr. Sibley
西布里先生给我的庇护
until you should find a man of your own
直到你的真命天子出现
to lend you a name and some standing.
给你姓氏与身份
And why would you want to help me?
你为什么要帮助我
We have both known loss.
我们都尝过失去的滋味
Profound loss.
深刻的失去
But we are of the same family.
但我们是一家人
And to heal those losses, we must work together.
要治愈这些失去的痛楚 我们必须齐心协力
But what will we say
但那该怎么说
about my parents?
有关我父母的事
Just clean yourself up,
先把自己收拾干净
and show up at the meeting house.
然后来集♥会♥礼堂
This is not the time to fall into despair.
现在不是陷入绝望的时候
Yes, since the discovery of this awful pox in knocker's hole,
没错 自在弃尸坑发现这种可怕的瘟疫后
four more households have been felled.
又有四家人遭遇不幸
And not all of them in that downtrodden place.
而且并不全都发生在贫民区
Good homes in fine neighborhoods are not immune,
高等社区的优渥家庭也不能幸免
and none of us are safe.
每个人都岌岌可危
This scourge has taken
这场灾祸已经夺走了
our own magistrate Hale and his loving wife,
我们霍尔治安官和他爱妻的性命
leaving behind their sorrowful daughter, Anne.
剩下他们悲恸的女儿 安
But we can and will protect ourselves
但我们有能力 也必须保护我们自己
from the ravages of this pox.
免受这场瘟疫的蹂躏
It may require some sacrifices, some strictures.
可能会招致一些牺牲 一些责难
but these are small prices to pay.
但这些代价是微不足道的
Absurd.
太可笑了
Why's that?
何出此言
Speak.
请讲
I submit to my fellow select men and citizens
在座的委员和公民们
that there is an entirely other way
对于当前骇人的形势
of viewing our dreadful circumstances.
我有一种完全不同的看法
God has given us a clear sign
这是上帝给予我们的警示
that we have offended him.
我们冒犯了他
A pox on all our houses.
于是他用瘟疫惩罚我们
Now we must do whatever is necessary
如今我们的当务之急
to win back the Lord's favor.
是赢回主的欢心
And presumably, Mr. Hathorne,
这么说来 哈索恩先生
you know what God's will is.
您一定知道上帝的旨意了
What is it that has offended him so?
是什么竟让他如此动怒
I am quite certain
我很清楚
what God is most displeased with.
上帝最不满的是什么
But what is a surer sign of a world turned upside-down
还有什么比一个妇人家高高在上
than a world with a woman on top?
更能预示这个世界已经本末倒置
We have utterly upended
我们完全违背了
the most fundamental principle of how things are to be,
最根本的自然原理
which is led by men --
即男人主宰世界
men of property, men of substance,
腰缠万贯之人 家大业大之人
men of godly goodwill.
虔诚向善之人
But above all, by men.
但最重要的仍是 男人
Hear, hear!
说得好
My husband --
我丈夫
N-- let us be done with that.
别 先让我们把这个说完
Mrs. Sibley, until George may speak for himself,
西布里夫人 在乔治能自己发言
clearly and audibly as a man,
像男人一样清楚响亮地讲话之前
let us at least admit it is you, Mrs. Sibley,
我们必须承认如今是你 西布里夫人
who lead the select men of Salem.
正领导着塞勒姆的委员会
I submit it is high time
我提议是时候
that the select men of Salem either elect a new leader
塞勒姆委员要么选出一位新的领导
or explicitly affirm that they choose to be led by Mary Sibley
要么明确地肯定他们心甘情愿接受玛丽·西布里
under the name of her incapacitated husband, George.
以她无法行动的丈夫 乔治之名的领导
If you think this pox cares
要是你们认为这场瘟疫
whether you be led by a woman or a man,
跟领导人是男是女有关
剧集 | 塞勒姆(2014) | 导航列表