剧集 | 姿态 | 导航列表
任何试验都没有 亲爱的
Or any trials, sweetheart.
你以为是谁在管理那些制药公♥司♥
Who do you think's running the pharmaceutical companies?
是和那群政♥府♥官员一样的
It's the same old, impotent white men
老顽固 无能白人男性
who are running the government.
我要让普雷用上那些药
I'm getting Pray on those drugs.
宝贝 我们要怎么做
Well, baby, how we gonna do that?
唯一能让白人干活的方式
The only way you ever get white people to do anything.
吓唬他们
Scare 'em.
你一起吗
You coming?
研究对象选拔的方案
The protocols for who gets in the study
是由医药公♥司♥和疾控中心决定的
are determined by the drug companies and the CDC.
我知道情况不太妙
I know the optics are bad.
情况
Optics?
死了那么多人就只是情况不太妙
A pile of dead people is bad optics?
死了一堆黑人就只是情况不妙
A pile of dead Black people is bad optics.
死了一堆白人可就是国家的悲剧了
A pile of dead white people is a national tragedy.
种族并不只是
Race is not the only factor
决定谁能得到药物的唯一标准
that determines who is getting these drugs.
试验要选取多少人
How many people are in this study?
这我不能说 -我可以
I can't tell you that. - I can.
我问了主管这个项目的医生
I asked the doctors who are administering it.
八十人
Eighty.
这八十人中 有多少黑人或拉丁裔
Out of the 80, how many are Black or Latin?
这我也不能说
I can't tell you that either.
只有两人
Two.
两个
Two!
医生 请冷静点
Doctor, calm down.
一名医生想要救死扶伤
You're asking a doctor to calm down because
你却要他冷静点
he wants to prevent people from dying?
我很喜欢你们
I like all of you.
你们都是很棒的员工
You're excellent employees,
但我的建议是 冷静 别惹麻烦
but my advice to you is to take a breath and not cause trouble.
不仅因为你们可能会被解雇
Not just because you could be terminated,
而且这些药显然有效
but because these drugs appear to be working.
你们难道想打扰科学家们的研究过程
Why would you want to interrupt the scientists
以至于导致研究成果停滞吗
and possibly delay the results of their study?
是因为如果试验只针对白人
Because the study is flawed
那么这个试验就存在缺陷
if it's only including white people!
它不仅有失偏颇 还缺乏科学合理性
It's not only biased, it's not scientifically sound.
听着 瓦内萨
Listen, Vanessa.
我知道艾滋联盟曾经在对抗艾滋病时
I know that ACT UP was slow in building a rainbow coalition
建立彩虹联盟的效力不够 但他们已经逐步壮大了
to fight this disease, but they're caught up now.
等他们发现这项特殊研究的对象
And they're gonna be all kinds of angry
八十人中仅有两人为有色人种
when they find out that two out of the 80 people
他们一定会大发雷霆
in this specific study are people of color.
不用三小时 一群怒不可遏的人
And it won't take three hours to get a crowd
就会到这里游♥行♥
of angry folk down here to protest,
找到电视台的人进行全面报道
to call up their TV people and chronicle this whole thing.
我虽然只是个护士助理
Now, I may be only a nurse's aide,
但我很清楚 对于医院来说
but I know for sure that, for this hospital,
这才是情况不妙
that's bad optics.
我喜欢你眼中的恐惧
I like the look of terror in your eyes.
这让我知道 你真的会采取行动
It tells me you're actually gonna do something.
我不喜欢被威胁
I don't like to be threatened.
但我不得不赞同你们的说法
But I also don't disagree with you.
我会联♥系♥一下
I'll make some calls
让你们的朋友参与试验
and get your friend into the trial.
这还不够
It's not enough.
我们需要两个名额
We need two slots.
一个给普雷·泰尔 一个给布兰卡
One for Pray Tell and one for Blanca.
我们成功了
We did it.
你和普雷入选了
You and Pray are in.
怎么
What?
我很为普雷高兴
Look, I'm happy for Pray and all,
他的情况比我严重很多 但我觉得我不需要
and he's much worse off than me, but I don't think I need this.
我们不该把机会让给病得更重的人吗
Shouldn't we give it to someone who is sicker?
这种新的联合疗法
This new idea of combination therapy
阻止艾滋病毒在不同阶段的增殖
stops HIV from multiplying in different stages,
从而 阻止它攻击你自身的免疫系统
which, in turn, prevents it from attacking your immune system.
等到你病重了
Waiting until you're sick
说明伤害已经造成了
means the damage is already done.
谁说我会坐以待毙了
Who said I was waiting to get sick?
你没听说过塔斯克吉梅毒研究吗
Ain't you ever heard of the Tuskegee study?
当然听过
Of course I have.
所以你知道他们打着科学的名号♥
So you know that they let 600 Black men die
让六百名黑人男性死于梅毒
from syphilis in the name of science.
在波多黎各 他们把当地女性当小白鼠
In Puerto Rico, they used local women as guinea pigs
来测试避孕药
to test birth control pills.
也导致了很多人的死亡
And a bunch of them died, too.
这次的情况不一样
This isn't either of those situations.
这是一家上市医药公♥司♥与疾控中心
This is a genuine, robust, scientific trial of a drug
联合开展的一项真正的
by a publicly traded pharmaceutical company
强有力的科学药物试验 而且还很有效
in conjunction with the CDC, and it's working.
亲爱的...
Sweetheart...
我爱你
I love you.
我不想失去你
And I don't want to lose you.
你不需要去相信医药公♥司♥或者政♥府♥
You don't have to trust the drug company or the government.
你只需要相信我
You just have to trust me.
你相信我吗
Do you trust me?
我相信
Yeah, I do.
这些都是保密协议
Those are confidentiality agreements.
你们是6♥4♥3和6♥4♥4号♥试验病人
You are now known as patients 006♥4♥3 and 006♥4♥4.
这些是试验记录簿
These are log books.
这次特别试验是为了测试
This particular trial is to test the efficacy
结合蛋白酶抑制剂和
of combining protease inhibitors
非核苷逆转录酶抑制剂是否有效
with non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors.
你们需要按特定时间服用这些药片
You need to take the pills on a very specific schedule.
有副作用吗
Are there any side effects?
和活着相比吗
Besides living?
我不在乎
I don't care.
把药片给我吧
Just give me the pills.
我们目前还不确定
We are still unsure of the toxicity
这种特殊剂量的药物毒性
of this particular dosing.
除了每周的血液检测 我们需要你每月
Along with your weekly blood tests, we need you to come in,
来进行全面检查
once a month, for a thorough examination.
如果你发烧或是感到身体疼痛
If you develop a fever or feel any body aches,
你需要立即拨♥打♥这个电♥话♥
it's important that you call this number immediately.
好吧...
Well...
为我变老干杯
here's to getting so old,
大家伙都开始叫我老奶奶了
folks will start calling me grandmother.
来吧
Come here.
我们多久没见了
How long has it been?
安吉尔和帕比的婚礼之后
Since Angel and Papi's wedding.
是啊
Yeah.
我真的以为我命数已尽
You know, I really thought it was over for me.
然后我参与了医院的药物试验
But then I got into this trial at the hospital.
什么实验
What's this trial?
混合药物疗法
It's a cocktail of meds.
那些药物可太要命了
Man, you know these meds are lethal.
你还记得布兰卡的样子吧
You remember what happened to Blanca.
不 不是齐多夫定 是某种新药
No, it's not AZT. It's some new stuff.
而且还挺有效
And it's working.
看看我
Look at me.
我的T细胞数量在增多
My T cell count is rising.
我感觉我重获新生了
I feel like I have a new lease on life.
重返二十岁
I feel like a 20-something again.
现在我知道我能活下去 我...
And now that I know that I'm gonna live, I...
我不想留下任何遗憾了
I don't want to have a single regret.
生活就这样匆匆而过
Life has just been passing me by,
我错过了太多的生活体验
and there's so much living I've missed.
剧集 | 姿态 | 导航列表