剧集 | 怪物:梅内德斯兄弟的故事(2024) | 导航列表
If you had to guess.
他们被控一级非预谋故意杀人...
First degree voluntary manslaughter...
有没有可能被判无罪释放?
Do they just get off entirely?
实不相瞒 我也说不上来
I honestly do not know.
但我知道的是
But this I do know...
如果陪审团还他们自♥由♥
If that jury lets them go free,
那两个逝者的鬼魂将会阴魂不散
those two dead souls will walk the earth...
对他们纠缠不休
and haunt them.
这样会有报应的
Karma's gonna come for them.
全体起立
All rise.
谢谢
Thank you.
(法官 斯坦利·韦斯伯格)
经过长时间的审议后
After much deliberation,
陪审团仍然僵持不下 无法达成一致的裁决
this jury unfortunately remains deadlocked and unable to reach a verdict.
这就是所谓的“陪审团僵局”
This is what we call a hung jury.
很遗憾 我必须宣布此案审判无效
So I'm afraid I'm going to declare a mistrial.
各位 请冷静
Please, everybody, just hang on, please.
请冷静 乡亲们 请肃静
Hang on, please. Come on, folks.
这是好事吧? - 请肃静
This is a good thing, though. Right? - Order, please.
这是好事吧?
This is a good thing?
既然我们无罪 那就...什么?
So if we're not guilty, then... what?
一会儿再说 - 好的 但怎么会这样呢?
Let's talk about it later. - Yeah, but how does this happen?
怪他们吧
Blame the men.
请肃静
Order, please.
(六个月后)
如你们所知 此案必须重审
As you know, we are going to have to do this all over again.
你们几位女士是我的救星
And you ladies, my heroes...
你们选择相信埃里克无罪
...you are the ones that came around to believe Erik was either not guilty
或是没有犯下过失杀人罪
or guilty of manslaughter.
我们了解一下你们的想法
So I want to pick your brains a little.
为什么?我们忽略了什么?
What was it? What did we miss?
那些男人听到了什么 让他们坚决认为兄弟俩有罪?
What did those men hear that just made it so they would not budge?
你们认为他们需要听到什么?
And what do you think they needed to hear?
到后来 我感到埃里克和莱尔 就像是自己的孩子
Well, I felt, towards the end, like Erik and Lyle were my sons.
我只是认为这种母性的本能
And I just think, you know, that, um, maternal instinct,
男人可能没有吧
maybe men just don't have it.
我只是认为 除非发生过什么坏事
I just don't think you would kill your parents like that
否则没人会下重手杀害父母
unless something bad happened.
我的想法跟她们不一样
I mean, I don't think this. I think they think it.
我只是想推♥翻♥ 外界认为男生不会被性侵的论述
I think they think that sexual abuse doesn't happen to boys.
好吧 还有什么?
Okay. What else?
我们能不能...对不起
Were we... I'm sorry.
你说过我们可以给他打电♥话♥ 对吧?
You said we... Could we call him?
嗨 埃里克 她们都是支持你的女性朋友
Hi, Erik. It's your gals.
嗨 埃里克
Hi, Erik.
我们只想说...
We just wanted to say...
我叫蒂娜 很高兴正式认识你
My name is Tina, by the way. It's so nice to meet you officially,
尽管我觉得已经认识你很久了
even though I feel like I know you.
我只想说 我们非常同情你的遭遇
But I just wanted to say that we're all really, really sorry.
我们认为你没有得到应有的公道
And we don't feel like justice was served here.
对 没错
Yeah, that's right.
埃里克 你听到了吗?
Erik, did you hear that?
莱丝莉 我能不能只跟你说话?
Leslie, can I just talk to you, please?
没问题
Sure.
稍等一下
One sec.
嗨 你还好吗?
Hi. How you doing?
你的声音听起来很沮丧
You sound so down.
是啊
Yeah.
没错
I... I am.
打起精神来 好吗?
Well, keep your spirits up, okay?
我们一定会打赢这场官司 我答应你
We are gonna win this. I promise you.
这种事你无法保证
No, you can't promise that.
埃里克
Oh, Erik.
有些事情变了
Something's... different.
你知道吗?
You know?
媒体风向变了 舆♥论♥开始攻击我们 你知道吗?
Like in the media, they've all turned against us. You know?
我不断收到对我充满仇恨的信
I'm getting all this hate mail now.
之前不是这样的
That never used to happen.
所以...
So...
怎么说呢?
I don't know.
总觉得有些东西不一样了
Just feels like... something's different.
我说不上来 但是...
I don't know what it is, but, uh...
感觉好像走投无路了
...just kinda seems like it's... it's all over.
我是不会让你放弃的
No. I'm not gonna let you get down like that, okay?
绝对不会 我们一定会赢
I'm not. We're gonna win this.
好吧 改天再聊
No, it's okay. I'll talk to you later.
谢谢 慢走
Thank you. Get home safe, everybody.
谢谢 再见 - 再见
Thank you. Bye. - Bye.
艾布兰森女士
Actually, Ms. Abramson,
um...
如果你真想知道问题的症结 或是其中一个问题的症结
if you really do want to know what the issue was, or one of the issues...
我想其他人都不想说
I think the other ladies didn't wanna say.
请说吧
Well, please, tell me.
那些男性陪审团成员
Uh, well, the big thing with the men...
确实不喜欢埃里克和莱尔 这是事实
um, I mean, they really didn't like Erik or Lyle, that's true.
但重点是你
But you were the thing.
不瞒你说
I... I mean, for what it's worth,
他们不喜欢你
they didn't like you.
Oh.
好吧 感谢你对我说实话 我无所谓
Well... Thank you for telling me that. It's fine.
那就好
Oh, of course.
再次感谢你的招待
Um... thank you again.
我们刚接获一些坏消息
We just have some bad news.
是很多坏消息
A lot... of it.
好吧
Okay.
我不知道该从何说起
I don't know another way to put it. Um...
先说最简单的 你没钱了
The easiest place to start is there's no money.
钱的事我不担心
I'm not really worried about money.
你应该担心才对 因为你没钱了
You should be because there's none of it.
除非我和莱丝莉愿意无偿工作
And unless Leslie and I start working pro bono--
我有钱
There is money.
相信我 你没钱 - 总会有钱的
Trust me. There is not. - There's gonna be money.
先解决这件事吧
So let's just get through this,
麻烦你把工时记录好
and what I'd like you to do is keep a log of your hours,
我们日后会付钱
and then we will pay you.
我们一定会付钱的
I will pay you.
你听我说 我打算出书
Listen, there's gonna be a book.
我在写书
I'm writing a book.
我的朋友诺玛在帮我写书
And my friend Norma is helping me,
尽管她更像是我的秘书
although she's really more of kinda like a secretary type position.
但我敢说她被我深深迷住了
But she is just completely obsessed with me.
她肯定是爱上我了
She's definitely in love with me.
我们的关系挺微妙的
It's really quite special.
她在帮我写书
Uh... And, yeah, she's helping me write it.
莱尔 她在写书
She's writing the book, Lyle.
我们一起写的 没错 但确实是我的书
We're both working on it, but yeah, it is my book.
不是 我想说的是 这本书就快出版了
No, I mean, the book's coming out.
因为你让她录下了你的声音
Because you let her record you.
如今 她将公开这些录音
So, now she's releasing the recordings.
这些就是书的内容
That's the book.
不是 不是的
No, it isn't.
莱尔 你把真♥相♥一五一十告诉她
Lyle, you told her everything.
“都说我能感动陪审团了 我一直在练习哭戏
"I told you I can move a jury because I've been practicing crying."
我的哭戏越来越精湛”
"And I'm getting so good at crying."
“我得为厄齐尔医生 那边的事找个说法
"We need to come up with a story about Oziel
解释我当初怎么 不把我们被我爸性侵的事告诉他
and why we didn't tell him about the sex stuff."
或者我们可以说他敲诈我们”
"Or we could say he's blackmailing us."
“那晚我显然太过激动
"I obviously overreacted that night."
我是说命案发生那晚”
"Referring to the night of the murders."
她还写道:“莱尔向我透露 他打算在审讯期间
Then she says, "Lyle told me about all the types of child abuse
搬出哪些虐待儿童的手段”
he planned to use in the trial."
吉儿 全是骗人的!
That is a fucking lie! That is a fucking lie, Jill!
我从没说过这种话
剧集 | 怪物:梅内德斯兄弟的故事(2024) | 导航列表