剧集 | 怪物:梅内德斯兄弟的故事(2024) | 导航列表
是不是有什么特别的原因?
you're ready to do that all over again?
好 我就说实话吧 事实令人尴尬啊
Okay, here's an embarrassing confession.
我其实不太记得当妈妈的感受
I don't actually remember being a mother.
对 我当然记得当妈妈的感受 只是一切都非常模糊
I mean, yes, of course, I remember it. But it's all pretty hazy.
我在念法学院之前怀上莱茵
I had Laine right before I started law school.
当时我刚离婚
I had just gotten divorced.
只能勉力维持生计 勉强维持生活
And it was all I could manage just to keep my head above water.
我不是个不称职的妈妈 我不是个坏妈妈
Not that I was a bad mother. I was not a bad mother.
不够完美?没错
Imperfect? Yes.
你问我是工作狂吗?罪名成立
Workaholic? Guilty as charged.
只是我认为人生来到这个阶段
But I feel that I'm at a point in my life now
我终于能好好享受当妈妈的乐趣
where I could actually enjoy being a mother.
不再需要为谋求生计而挣扎度日
Where it wouldn't all feel like such a struggle.
加上我从事的行业
And, because of my line of work,
让我看到没有父母爱护的孩子 会有什么下场
I see what happens when kids don't get the nurturing they need.
如果我能养育一个孩子 给这个孩子提供所需的爱
So if I can raise a child and give them the love they need
避免这个孩子日后 需要跟我这种刑事辩护律师打交道
so that they never have to come across a criminal defense attorney like me,
那就让我来做这件事
then sign me up.
我不介意 接下来好几年要为孩子换尿片
Even if it means having to... change diapers for a couple of years.
多明尼克 你说得太夸张了
Dominick, you are exaggerating.
莎伦 你现在应该很了解我了
Sharon, you should know me well enough by now to know
我很少夸夸其谈
that I never exaggerate.
好吧 但你说他们是恶魔?
Okay. But evil?
你由衷相信梅内德斯兄弟是恶魔?
You truly believe those Menendez boys are evil?
没错
Yes.
如果你跟我一样 直面过恶魔
When you've stared evil in the face, as I have,
那你一定永生难忘
it's something you never forget.
所以你认为他们是凶手?
So you think they did it?
他们绝对是凶手
Of course they did it.
他们拥有典型的反♥社♥会♥人格
They're classic sociopaths.
特别是当哥哥的
Especially the older brother.
他的眼神比克劳斯·冯·布洛 来得还要空洞
His eyes are even more vacant than Claus von Bülow's.
孩子怎么会产生弑杀父母的念头?
How can a child even think of doing something like that to a parent?
乔伊丝 我对人所能做出的事
Nothing much shocks me anymore, Joyce.
已经不再感到震惊了
What people are capable of.
唯一让我感到震惊和厌恶的是
The only thing that shocks me, disgusts me,
我们的司法制度
is that we have a justice system
将凶手和强♥奸♥犯的权益
that puts the rights of killers and rapists
凌驾于受害者之上
over and above their victims.
司法制度显然对被告不公平
The justice system is blatantly biased against defendants,
特别是黑色和棕色人种的被告
especially if those defendants are Black and brown
他们缺少获得充分辩护的渠道
and lack access to adequate counsel.
没错 但你处理的几个重大案件中
Fair enough, but in several of your biggest cases,
你的委托人毫无异义是有罪的
doubt as to your client's guilt isn't in dispute.
你是指只有无辜者 才有权享有正当的辩护?
So you're saying only innocent people deserve a proper defense?
不是 我想知道是不是所有人 都值得让你挺身出来为他们辩护
No, I'm asking if everyone is entitled to a Leslie Abramson defense,
特别是被控谋杀罪、面临死刑的人
especially if they're being accused of capital murder.
死刑绝对是道德的悲剧
Capital punishment is an absolute moral travesty.
死刑不仅缺德 更是一种残暴冷血的行为
Not only is it immoral, it is also barbaric.
毫无道理可言
It is unfathomable.
果然是那个悍妇 - 谁啊?
Well, if it isn't the dragon lady. - Who?
莱丝莉·艾布兰森
Leslie Abramson.
辩护律师 经常为社会上罪大恶极的人辩护
Defense attorney to society's most reprehensible.
审理谋杀案时 不能只看表面
When you're trying a murder case, you can't just take it at face value.
我们必须判断当事人
You have to determine the state of mind the person was in
犯案时的心理状况
when they committed the crime.
那个女人
That woman there,
她就是法律制度漏洞的化身
she's the epitome of everything that's wrong with the legal system.
他们犯案时是不是心智正常?
Were they mentally competent when they committed the crime?
是不是有认知障碍?
Were they cognitively impaired?
是不是相信自己有性命危险?
Did they have reason to believe, rightly or wrongly,
无论这个信念是否正确
that their lives were in danger?
你们知道 她试图协助杀害我女儿的凶手
Do you know she tried to help make a plea deal
达成认罪协议?
for the man who murdered my daughter?
她对犯罪的委托人 持有某种病态的情感
She has a pathological affection for guilty clients,
特别是犯罪的年轻男子
in particular, guilty young men.
检方对细微的差别最是反感
And if there's one thing the prosecution doesn't like, it's nuance.
对他们来说 所有被告都应该
To them, every defendant is a nail
在法律制度下被判刑
that deserves to be hammered by the system.
在不清楚真♥相♥的前提下谈论公道不难
It's easy to talk about justice when you don't know all the facts.
看来标榜你的就是“愤怒”
So I guess you could say "outrage" is your middle name.
说实话 信不信由你
Actually, believe it or not,
用“希望”更合适
it's Hope.
多明尼克
Dominick.
嗨 莱丝莉
Oh. Hello, Leslie.
没想到会在这里碰到你
Odd seeing you here.
可不是嘛 我很少来这里的
It's true, it's not my usual scene.
跟几位女士一起共用午餐 比较接近你的作风
The ladies who lunch crowd, that's much more your thing.
你的委托人里克·桑德斯的上诉动议 再次被法庭驳回
I read your client Rick Sanders' appeal motion got denied again.
看来他还得在死囚牢里 待上好一段日子
Looks like he's not getting off death row anytime soon.
我相信多明尼克把你们招待得很好
I'm sure Dominick has been entertaining you ladies.
虽然他是个失败的电影制片人
You know, apart from being a failed movie producer,
但他编故事的能力可是一流的
he's quite the raconteur.
他说的话不能完全相信 他总是夸大其词
Just don't believe everything he says. He's prone to exaggeration.
莱丝莉 我们不想打扰你
Well, don't let us keep you, Leslie.
我相信肯定 有哪个谋杀犯需要你的帮助
I'm sure somewhere there's a murderer in need of your assistance.
我是莱丝莉
This is Leslie.
嗨 杰拉德
Hey, Gerry.
对 我刚接受完采访
Yeah, I just finished giving an interview.
对 对方是个记者
Yes. To a reporter.
我并不讨厌媒体
Oh, I don't hate all the press.
得了吧 只是个愚人罢了
Come on, just the numbskulls.
提醒你一下 我老公就是记者
Need I remind you, I'm married to a reporter.
说吧 什么事?
Now, what's up?
这案子我当然听闻了 试问谁不知道呢?
Of course I've heard of the case. Who hasn't?
他们问起你 - 等等 什么?
They inquired about you. - Wait, what?
他们打来电♥话♥问你有没有空档
They called and checked your availability.
开什么玩笑?
Are you fucking kidding me?
艾布兰森女士 感谢你抽空
Miss Abramson, thank... thank you for making the time
来见我们
to come and... and meet all of us.
杰拉德·谢雷夫说你是洛杉矶 最优秀的女性刑事辩护律师
Gerry Chaleff says you're the best female criminal defense attorney in all of LA.
我敢肯定他没说过这句话
I'm sure he didn't say that.
他绝对不会说 我是“最优秀的女性刑事辩护律师”
Gerry wouldn't have said, "The best female criminal defense attorney."
他只会说我是最优秀的刑事辩护律师
He simply would have said I'm the best.
如你所知 罗伯特·夏皮罗刚被我们开除了
Well, as you know, we just fired Robert Shapiro.
我们认为他的能力 不足以为我们家两个孩子辩护
We didn't feel that he was good enough for... for our boys.
我认识罗伯特
I know Bob.
他是个优秀的律师 但这个案子不适合他
He's a fine lawyer, but he's not who you want for a case like this.
他擅长操纵媒体 引导舆♥论♥走向
For him, it's all about spinning the media narrative
借此为委托人争取协议 获得轻判
and hopefully cutting the best deal for his clients.
争取协议不是我的作风
I don't like cutting deals.
奋力一搏才是我的作风
I prefer to fight.
不这么做 就没有胜算
Because if you don't fight, you don't win.
所以你处理过类似的案子?
So you've worked on cases like this before?
我是指你成功为被控谋杀罪的被告
Cases where the defendants are accused of killing
打赢过官司吗?
and you still manage to win?
我最近刚为一个叫 阿内尔·萨尔瓦特拉的年轻人辩护
I recently defended a young man by the name of Arnel Salvatierra,
他承认弑杀生父
who admitted to killing his father.
他起初被控一级谋杀罪
He was up for first-degree murder.
阿内尔和他的兄弟姐妹
Arnel and his siblings suffered years
遭受他们父亲的身心虐待多年
of physical and psychological abuse at the hands of their father.
他们被父亲折磨
He tortured them.
检方要我们相信阿内尔是个怪兽
Now, the prosecution wanted you to believe that Arnel was a monster.
相信他用了好几周时间 精心策划谋杀父亲
That he carefully planned his father's murder for weeks
趁他父亲睡觉时冷血击毙他
and then shot him in his sleep in cold blood.
这不是我相信的事实
Well, that is not what I believe happened.
我相信阿内尔枪杀父亲是出于自卫
I believe Arnel shot his father out of self-defense.
难道阿内尔要等到父亲
Should Arnel have waited until his father,
某天在盛怒之下将自己杀害
in one of his rages, finally ended up murdering him?
或是将母亲杀害
Or his mother?
剧集 | 怪物:梅内德斯兄弟的故事(2024) | 导航列表