You know, who would have thought,
谁能想到
my little brother, a professional music critic.
我的小弟 成了专业音乐评论家啊
Oh, oh, and not just music.
哦哦 不只是音乐
I can review anything I want: Theater, dance, art exhibits.
评论什么都行 戏剧 舞蹈 艺术展
You don't say? Yes. From now on
不是吧 是啊 从现在起
wherever we go, I'll be armed with my trusty pad and pen light.
无论我们到哪 我都要带着武器 我的本子和笔了
Wherever we go. What fun!
无论我们去哪 真不错
Yes. I have to take a damp cloth to these opera glasses--
是啊 我得找块儿湿毛巾擦擦观剧望远镜
although I don't know what we use them for
不过坐在第一排
sitting in the front row.
拿望远镜干什么呢
Unless it's to scan the faces of the jealous people behind us.
只能用来看看身后嫉妒的人群吧
So... are you, uh, sure
那么 你 呃 确定
you're okay with Niles getting this critic job?
不介意Niles作评论家这件事
Why wouldn't I be, Dad?
怎么会呢 老爸
Oh, come on, I know what it's like with you two
哦 得了吧 我还不知道
when one of you gets something that the other one doesn't have.
你俩之间疯狂的妒忌心
It's just like when you were kids.
跟小时候一样
Niles had a telescope,
Niles买♥♥了个望远镜
you had to have a telescope.
就必须给你买♥♥一个
You got that funny-looking guitar,
给你买♥♥了那个奇形怪状的吉他
Niles had... Dad, it was called a lute.
Niles也得 老爸 那是琵琶
Yeah, oh, yeah. Okay.
哦 好吧
Dad, believe me, I do not envy Niles his critic's job.
老爸 讲真的 我一点都不嫉妒Niles作评论家
But as kids, we would aggravate the situation
虽然小时候我们总是因为这种事
by flaunting our toys in each other's faces.
互相冲对方丢玩具 让升级矛盾
We're much more mature than that now. All right?
但我们现在成熟多了好吧
Niles, you know what? It's about time we got going.
Niles 咱们该走了
We don't want to be late for the curtain.
可别错过开场
Don't be silly. I'm press now.
别傻了 我现在可是媒体界的了
They'll hold it.
他们会等我的
So, that's how it ends.
结局就是如此
B-minus average, ten extra pounds and still no boyfriend!
平均分B减 增肉十斤 而且还没男朋友
I see Poppy's having a little party.
Poppy在开小派对呢
That is not a party. That's a hostage situation.
那个不是派对 是人♥质♥事件
Thank God today is her last day.
谢天谢地她明天就走了
You know, this morning
知道么 今天早上
she cornered me by the coffee machine
她把我堵在了咖啡机那
and told me her whole life story.
把她这辈子的事都跟我说全了
I just wanted to grab her by the throat
我真想掐住她的喉咙
and say, "What am I, your biographer? Shut up!"
说"把我当什么呢 给你写自传的啊 闭嘴"
Dear God! I thought I'd never break free.
天呐 我以为永远也跑不了了呢
I feel like a mongoose at the mercy of a chatty cobra.
我就像只被唠叨的眼镜蛇抓住的猫鼬
Oh! Hello, all.
哦 大家好啊
I... oh, I see you already have the Times.
我 哦 你们都看了泰♥晤♥士♥报♥啊
I'm quoted there today.
我今天上报了
In the Times? Yes.
在泰♥晤♥士♥报♥上 是啊
Here, it's in this ad for Shaw's Saint Joan.
这呢 萧伯纳<圣女贞德>的宣传
"Incandescent. Niles Crane,The Monocle."
"杰出非凡 <单片镜>评论家 Niles Crane "
Wow!
哇
Excuse me while I go tell all my friends I know you.
等下 我要去告诉我所有的朋友 我认识你
Oh...
哦
Oh .Forgive me.
哦 抱歉
Hmm.
嗯
Olga and I were up till all hours
我和Olga昨天一整晚都在
at a party for the Royal Shakespeare Company.
皇家莎士比亚公♥司♥的派对上
I'm rubbing some pretty impressive shoulders these days.
我最近认识了不少名人呢
And to think, it's all because I have a small column.
想想全是因为我的小专栏
That would certainly be the Freudian interpretation.
这种因果联♥系♥可以用弗洛伊德理论阐述
If I were to review that attitude,
要让我评论你的态度
I'd say it was a chilling portrait of malice and envy.
那就是恶意和嫉妒的真实写照
Oh, Niles, I'm not the least bit envious
哦 Niles 我一点都没嫉妒你
that you get to spout off in that glorified cat box liner.
反正这些报纸杂♥志♥最后都得拿去垫猫砂盆
You just can't stand it that my opinion means more than yours--
你就是见不得我比你受重视
that the arts community looks to me for my insight,
艺术圈都眼巴巴得等我发表远见卓识
my approval, my thumbs up.
等着我对他们竖起大拇指
I think we both know what your thumb's up these days.
谁都知道你翘兰花指的娘炮样
That's a good one, Frasier.
好评论 Frasier
Perhaps you should use it in your column.
你可以写在你的专栏里
Oh, that's right, you don't have one!
哦 对了 你没有专栏
That smug jackass!
这个自大的混球
Frasier, you have a radio show.
Frasier 你有广播节目呢
If you wanted to say what you thought of a play,
你可以在上面畅所欲言
who's stopping you?
你对戏剧的想法啊
It's not the same thing as being a real critic, Roz.
Roz 那和真正的评论家可不一样
You don't get free tickets.
得不到免费的票
You don't get quoted.
不会上报纸
Forget hobnobbing.
更别妄想和名人交谈了
My God, this competition
天呐 你和你弟弟之间
between you and your brother is sick.
的竞争真是讨厌
Your obsessive one-up manship.
你俩太痴迷于高对方一等了
You're both going to end up
结局就是你俩都变成
bitter, old cranks like Chester Ludgate.
像Chester Ludgate那样尖酸刻薄的糟老头
You do raise a good point, Roz. Thank you.
你说得对 Roz 多谢
Chester's time slot is free.
Chester退休了
I could do my own arts show.
我可以用那个时间段开个艺术评论节目
Yes. Kenny, Kenny.
哎 Kenny Kenny
Listen, Roz just had the most wonderful idea.
Roz刚说了个超赞的点子
Yeah, Doc?
怎么呢 医生
What do you say about yours truly
你说 由我来办个
hosting a... A bouncy little show
西雅图艺术主题节目
about the arts in Seattle?
超有料的那种 怎么样
Culture...
艺术文化
Wow. Oh, it-it's a great idea.
哇 呃 这 这挺好啊
Let me chew on that, and I'll, uh, I'll get back to you.
我好好琢磨一下啊 回头通知你
Great! You see, Roz? He loved your idea.
太棒了 看到了吧 Roz 他很喜欢你的点子呢
That was not my idea. It was, too, your idea.
那可不是我的点子 当然是啦
It was not... Doc?
那可不是 医生
I feel kind of bad about what I just did.
我对刚才的行为表示道歉
I, uh, I let you think that there was a chance
我 呃 好像给你种
that I might let you do this culture show. And, uh,
我会让你办艺术节目的错觉 其实 呃
there's not.
我不会的
No chance at all?
一点都没戏
No.
没戏
Oh.
哦
I mean, come on, Doc.
得了吧 医生
You, culture, opera.
你 评论文化 评论戏剧
Who's listening? Not me!
谁听啊 反正我不听
Damn! I think my show's a good idea.
妈的 我觉得自己开节目的点子相当不错
Kenny's the station manager, and he doesn't.
不过Kenny才是经理啊 他可不这么想
Yes, you know, frankly, I didn't like his attitude.
是啊 说实话 我不喜欢他的态度
He acts like he owns the station, but he doesn't.
就好像电台是他家的似的 才不是他的呢
Someone else does.
是别人家的
Poppy!
Poppy
The next best thing. Her mother!
很接近了 她妈妈家的
No. Poppy! Oh, right.
不 Poppy来了 哦 还真来了
Hi, Frasier!
嗨 Frasier
Hello, Poppy.
嗨 Poppy
Gosh, would you care to join me?
哦 来和我一起坐会吧
Oh, I can't. Mummy's taking me shopping.
哦 不行 妈咪要带我去逛街
She spoils me something horrible.
她把我宠得不行不行的
I guess it's an only-child thing.
大概是因为我是独生女吧
Anything I want, I just have to ask.
只要我想要 开口就到手
Anything you want?
只要你想要哈
Oh, well, isn't that interesting.
真是不错
You know, Poppy, perhaps, um, we could, uh,
Poppy 其实 呃 我们可以
join each other for lunch after your shopping spree.
在你逛街之后一起吃个饭
I'd love it!
好啊
Would you really? You know, it seems a shame
真的吗 你要离开电台了
you leaving the station
真是太遗憾了
and us never having really gotten to know one another.
我们再也没有机会相互了解了
剧集 | 欢乐一家亲(1993) | 导航列表