剧集 | 为了全人类 | 导航列表
Eleven.
又有多少人指挥过飞船
And how many of them have commanded a mission?
一个
One.
听着 我希望你不是在说
Look, I hope you're not saying--
我希望你不是在影射什么
I hope you're not trying to imply that--
我没有在影射
I'm not trying to imply anything.
我只是有话直说
I'm saying it straight.
这还不够好
This is not good enough.
听着 丹妮 你得明白 这些事需要时间
Look, Dani, you gotta understand. These things, they take time.
他们首先要符合资格 然后要接受培训
You know, first they gotta qualify, then they gotta be trained,
另外他们还得顺利完成几次任务
and then they gotta get some missions under their belt.
相信我 要是他们准备好 他们就可以指挥
Believe me, if they were ready, they'd be commanding.
"如果他们准备好了"
"If they were ready"?
你这语气像全国橄榄球联盟的老板
You sound like an NFL owner.
听着 我们已经谈过这个问题了
Look, we've dealt with this issue.
不 还没有
No, we haven't.
爱德 我是作为黑人女孩的代表进入这个计划的
Ed, I came into this program as the token Black girl.
我很感谢这个机会
And I was grateful for the opportunity,
不管是出于什么原因
no matter what the reasons.
但那已经是13年前了
But that was 13 years ago.
这项计划
This program,
有能力改变人们看待这个世界的角度
it has the power to change the way people see the world.
你很清楚
You know that.
你竟然在我任职的最后一天跟我提这件事
I can't believe you're bringing this to me on my last day.
这正是我要今天提的原因
That's exactly why I'm bringing it up.
因为在莫莉周一上任之前
Because until Molly takes over on Monday,
你是唯一有能力做出改变的人
you are the only one with the power to do something.
我要去开会了
I gotta get to a meeting.
抱歉 我迟到了
Sorry I'm late.
给你的 爱德
For you, Ed.
表彰你担任
In honor of your nine years
宇航员办公室主管的这九年
of service as head of the Astronaut Office.
我还要许个愿吗
Am I supposed to make a wish?
不是已经实现了吗
Hasn't it already been granted?
你现在是探路者号♥指挥官了
You're commanding Pathfinder.
你许了什么愿
What'd you wish for?
继续这个会议
To get on with this meeting.
阿门
Amen to that.
我有些好消息
Well, I have some exciting news.
苏联接受了总统的提议
The Soviets have accepted the president's offer
启动两国太空项目的联♥合♥行♥动♥
to mount a joint mission between our two space programs.
你♥他♥妈♥是在搞笑吧
You gotta be fucking kidding me.
你说过 他们不可能同意这项提议
You said there was no chance they would agree to this.
显然 安德罗波夫主席渴望向世界展示
Apparently Premier Andropov is eager to demonstrate to the world that
苏联有意愿与美国保持和平关系
the Soviet Union has peaceful intentions toward the United States.
我之前说过 这完全就是放屁
I've said it before. This is complete bullshit.
苏联还在用联盟号♥
The Soviets are still flying Soyuz.
他们的暴风雪号♥飞船压根没离开过地面
Haven't even managed to get their shuttle Buran off the ground.
他们同意的唯一原因
And the only reason why they agreed to this
就是为了近距离观察我们目前的技术
is so they can get a closer look at our current technology.
我们不必给他们机会
We don't have to give it to them.
我们可以向红军展示他们已经知道的
We can show the Reds only what they've already seen.
比如
Meaning?
约翰逊航♥天♥中心有一个旧的阿波罗控制舱
We have an old Apollo command module in storage here at JSC.
那是在新飞船接手前 给"太空实验室"准备的
It was a backup rescue ship for Skylab
一架备用救援飞船
before shuttles took over that job.
我们打算把它寄给史密森尼学会
And we were gonna send it to the Smithsonian.
如果我们用阿波罗号♥
If we use an Apollo for this,
苏联人就无法了解我们的飞船系统
the Russians won't get anywhere near our shuttle systems.
只要我们再放个土星1B运载火箭在那里
As long as we have a Saturn 1B lying around as well.
亨特维尔有一个
Huntsville's got one.
那这方法可行
Well, then it's doable.
总统会喜欢这个提议的
The president is gonna love this.
他总念叨旧阿波罗号♥当年有多神勇
He still talks about how heroic-looking the old Apollos were.
好的 苏联说他们已经在挑选队员了 所以
Right, well, the Soviets say they're already picking a crew, so--
来证明他们会全力以赴
To demonstrate that they're fully committed.
所以我们也要这么做
So we need to do the same.
我不想在最后一天给你压力 爱德
I hate to put pressure on you on your last day, Ed,
但我不确定我想把这事留给科布女士
but I'm not sure I want to leave this to Ms. Cobb.
至少你只需要选两个人了
At least you'll only have to pick two now
因为指挥舱改造过了
after the modifications.
-我现在就可以给你指挥官的人选 -说吧
- I can give you the commander right now. - Go on.
希望你不会把自己也派到这件事上
I hope you're not appointing yourself to this one too.
不 我会派丹妮尔·普尔
Nope. I'm assigning Danielle Poole.
她对阿波罗号♥有丰富的经验
She has extensive Apollo experience,
她是最合适的人选
and she'll be perfect for this.
我们也许该考虑其他可能性
We might want to consider other possibilities.
为什么
Why is that?
爱德 这项任务对总统非常重要
Ed, this mission is very important to the president.
他只想让精英中的精英驾驶它
He wants only the best of the best to fly it.
我和她在月球上待了三个月
I spent three months on the moon with her.
她在高压情况下表现出色
She performed brilliantly under very stressful circumstances.
我欣赏你的忠诚 但你知道那不是真的
I appreciate your loyalty, but you know that's not true.
你这到底是什么意思
What the hell is that supposed to mean?
拜托 爱德 我真的需要说出来吗
Come on, Ed. Do I really need to spell it out?
-她胳膊的事 -那不是她的错
- The whole thing with her arm-- - That wasn't her fault.
-但公众会认为 -那我们就改变公众的看法
- Well, the public thinks-- - So we change public opinion.
汤姆 我和普尔一起训练过 我同意爱德
Tom, I trained with Poole. And I agree with Ed.
我也是
So do I.
阿波罗24号♥出事故时 她做得很好
She did an exceptional job for us during the Apollo 24 crisis.
而且我觉得是时候
And I think it's time
由一位非裔美国女性指挥宇宙飞船了
for an African American woman to command a spaceflight.
这毫无疑问
There's no argument there.
老天 我才是
Hell, I'm the one that
一开始让普尔当宇航员的人
selected Poole as an astronaut to begin with.
那又是什么问题呢
So what's the problem?
我会受到白宫的强烈谴责
I'm gonna get a lot of blowback from the White House.
你得提醒他们关于
You need to remind them of the plaque
阿波罗11号♥登月的口号♥
that we were gonna bring up on Apollo 11.
"我们为全人类的和平而来"
"We came in peace for all mankind."
我们需要将口号♥付诸于行动
Now we need to live up to that.
而这个任务 加上它所象征的意义
And this mission, with all its symbolic value,
就是绝佳的机会
is the perfect opportunity to do so.
我觉得爱德是对的
I think Ed's right on this one.
听着 苏联人喜欢抓住一切机会
Now look, the Soviets love to grab any opportunity
来强调我们的历史性种族问题
to highlight our troubled history with race relations.
这会传递出一个强有力的信息
This will send a powerful message
展现我们取得的进展
about the progress that we've made.
好吧 我会上报的
All right, I'll run it up the flagpole.
如果有人找你麻烦就告诉我
Let me know if anyone gives you any trouble on that.
我会给国防部长打电♥话♥ 他会支持的
I'll call the secretary of defense, and he'll support this.
这事有我挺你 汤姆
I got your back on this, Tom.
倒计时 五 四 三 二
T-minus five, four, three, two--
能给我一分钟吗
Can I have a minute?
就一分钟
You got one fucking minute.
-怎么了 -你在说什么
- What's going on? - What are you talking about?
我以为我们是朋友 你却摆了我一道
I thought we were friends. You blindsided me back there.
那不是预谋 汤姆 只是灵光一现
Wasn't premeditated, Tom. Just happened in the moment.
是啊 我猜你最近有很多灵光一现
Yeah, I guess a lot of things happen for you in the moment lately.
你也没和我讨论过探路者的事
You never discussed Pathfinder with me either.
然后 砰 戈登·史蒂文斯突然就登月了
And then, bang, Gordo Stevens is suddenly off to the moon
他之前禁飞了快十年了
after being ground bound for nearly a decade.
戈登还拿着薪水呢 他是我们最好的飞行员之一
Gordo's on salary. He's one of the best pilots we got.
人人都知道他是个酒 他有饮酒问题
Everyone knows he's a dr-- He's got a drinking problem.
你最近仔细看过他吗
Have you taken a good look at him lately?
他就是个即将爆发的灾难
The man's a train wreck waiting to happen.
听着 他最近是有点胖
Look, he's a little bit on the chunky side right now,
但他会恢复身材的
but he'll whip himself into shape.
他总是这样 他已经很熟练了
He always does. He aced his proficiency--
我只希望你的这些决定
I just hope you're making all these decisions
都出于合适的理由 爱德
剧集 | 为了全人类 | 导航列表