剧集 | 为了全人类 | 导航列表
- How did you-- - He gave it to me.
我不明白
I don't understand.
你为什么要把这个给我
Why are you giving this to me?
是你给克莱灌输了
You're the one who filled Clay's head
那些爱国的屁话
with all that patriotic crap.
他是因为你才参军
He joined the army because of you.
他参军是为了效力于他的国家
He joined the army to serve his country.
他的国家
His country?
他告诉过你 在马丁·路德·金被刺的第二天
He ever tell you what his fellow soldiers did
他的战友们都做了什么吗
the day after Martin Luther King was assassinated?
他们举办了派对
They threw a party.
穿上三K党的衣服
Put on Klan outfits,
举着南部联邦的旗子游♥行♥
paraded around with Confederate flags.
但他们给了克莱一枚勋章
But, hey, they gave Clay a medal,
就当无事发生了
so that makes it all okay.
那不是克莱的团里的人
That wasn't the men in Clay's platoon.
我没有说他的团
I'm not talking about his platoon.
我在说美国政♥府♥
I'm talking about the United States government.
山姆大叔把我们当炮灰
Uncle Sam used us as cannon fodder.
克莱顿以服役为荣
Clayton was proud to serve.
起初是的
At first.
但当他回来的时候 他只是
But by the time he got back, he was just
为了取悦你而假装开心
putting on a good show to please you.
他做的一切都是为了你
He did everything for you.
现在他去世了 你想做的只是忘了他
And now that's he's gone, all you wanna do is forget him.
那行啊
Well, go ahead.
回到月球上 帮他们在上面开启另一场越战
Go back to the moon, help them start another Vietnam up there.
那不是
That is not--
我们在进行认真的研究
We are doing serious research
为所有人创造更好的未来
to build a better future for us all.
你听起来就像他们一样
You sound just like them.
但你不是他们中的一员 永远不是
But you're not one of them. Never will be.
他们可能会让你上车
They may have let you on the bus,
但你永远坐在最后一排
but you will always have to ride in the back.
我知道我已经提起了这件事
I know I've already brought this up...
但是
but...
月球本该是个垫脚石
the moon was supposed to be a stepping-stone,
但它已经变成了一片沼泽
and it's become a quagmire,
吸收着我们越来越多的投资和资源
sucking up more and more of our funding and resources--
是这样
That's true,
但是总统不想让苏联占上风
but the president doesn't want the Soviets to gain the upper hand.
我也不想
Neither do I.
如果我们踏上火星
If we put boots on the surface of Mars,
我们就获得了终极优势
we'll have the ultimate upper hand.
-怎么 -你知道你的问题所在吗 艾伦
- What? - You know what your problem is, Ellen?
你骗不了谁
You're not fooling anyone.
什么意思
What do you mean?
你需要成为更好的扑克玩家
You need to be a better poker player.
你记得几年前
You remember a couple years back
朗参议院抨击
when Senator Lang attacked
我们的月球项目成本超支吗
the cost overruns of our lunar program?
记得 他称之为"月球贪测"
Yeah, he called it a "moondoggle."
我为他写了那篇演讲稿
I wrote that speech for him.
你为什么要那么做
Why would you do that?
朗正处于艰难的连任竞选中
Lang was in the middle of a tough reelection fight.
是的 我记得
Yeah, I remember.
科恩指控他是宇航局的皮条客
Coen accused him of being a pimp for NASA.
而约翰需要证明他的独♥立♥性
And John needed to demonstrate his independence.
我们已经有足够的票数来通过拨款法案
We already had more than enough votes to pass the funding bill,
所以为什么不帮他呢
so why not help him out?
后来 在他赢得连任后
Then, after he won reelection--
朗改变心意 支持法案
Lang turned around and sponsored the bill
让宇航局允许
that allows NASA to license
私人企业使用其新技术
its new technology to private industry.
正因为此
And because of that,
这个机构可以在十年内实现自给自足
this agency will be entirely self-funded in less than ten years.
还能让我们免于国会的控制
Which will free us from the whims of Congress.
完全正确
Exactly.
我们会有足够的钱去探索火星
We'll have enough money to explore Mars.
我们不会止步于此
And we won't stop there.
你和我能坐上头把交椅
You and I will have a front row seat.
只要明年民♥主♥党不胜选
As long as the Democrats don't win next year.
那肯定很难
That must've been pretty difficult.
你和这一切的关系这么紧密
Being at the center of everything,
如果泰迪·肯尼迪赢了 你就会丢了工作
and then Teddy Kennedy wins and you're out of a job.
都是游戏的一部分 起起落落
Just part of the game. The ups and downs.
一开始是尼克松招募的你吗
Was it Nixon who initially recruited you?
不是
No.
没人招募我 我四处游说才得到了这份工作
No, no one recruited me. I lobbied my ass off for this job.
真的吗
Really?
二战时我在潜艇上突然被太空吸引了
Caught the bug when I was aboard a submarine during the war.
我们晚上会浮出水面给电池充电
We'd surface at night to recharge our batteries.
在那
Yeah, out there,
独自在太平洋上 满天星辰
alone in the Pacific, the sky was packed with stars.
我们了解其中的一部分用来导航 但
We learned the names of quite a few to navigate, but...
我想了解所有的
I wanted to know them all.
我退伍后 就去买♥♥了我的第一架望远镜
After I got demobbed, I went out and bought my first telescope...
从西尔斯购物目录里买♥♥的
from the Sears catalog.
-再来一杯吗 -好啊
- Shall I freshen you up? - Sure.
我都不知道你对太空抱有这么大的热情
I didn't know you felt so passionately about space.
我还以为
I guess I thought--
什么 我是个装模做样的政客
What? That I'm a glad-handing politician
相对于宇航局 更关心自己的前途吗
who cares more about my career than I do about NASA?
没事的 艾
Nah, it's okay, El.
我知道约翰逊航♥天♥中心的所有人
I know everyone at JSC
都觉得我是里根的走狗
thinks I'm just Reagan's lackey,
就像十年前他们觉得我是尼克松的走狗一样
just like they thought I was Nixon's lackey a decade ago.
但我不介意
But I don't mind it.
自从有政客以来
People have hated politicians as long as
人们就讨厌政客了 但
there have been politicians, but...
事实是
the truth is...
是我们实现了这一切
we're the ones that make this all possible.
我跟你一样想登上火星 相信我
I wanna get to Mars as much as you do. Believe me.
你将是我的得力助手 艾伦
You're gonna be a great asset to me, Ellen.
你就像日出那样真诚
You're as genuine as the sunrise.
人们会被你感染
People respond to that.
谢谢 汤姆 过奖了
Thank you, Tom. That's very kind.
你会习惯这些手段的
You'll get used to all the gamesmanship.
我们在不同人面前都扮演着不同的角色
We all play different roles with different people.
我在里根跟前和尼克松跟前就不一样
I'm a different Thomas Paine with Reagan than I was with Nixon
蒂普·奥尼尔是众议院议长
或在蒂普·奥尼尔和玛格·麦迪逊跟前
or Tip O'Neill or Margo Madison.
我晚上回到家见妻子时又是另一副模样
And there's yet another me with my wife when I go home at night.
诀窍是不要忘了自己是谁
The trick is not to lose track of who you really are.
那是斯科塞斯[美国导演]最好的一部片子
It's Scorsese's best picture.
-你不是认真的吧 -那是部杰作
- You cannot be serious. - It's a masterpiece.
老天 你那么说是因为你喜欢杰瑞·刘易斯[演员]
Oh, my. You're saying that 'cause you like Jerry Lewis.
有哪里不值得喜欢吗
What's not to like?
所有地方
Everything.
《疯狂教授》是对美国男性心理的
The Nutty Professor is a brilliant indictment
精彩控诉
of the American male psyche.
好吧 也许你喜欢 我实在是不懂你的痴迷
Okay, yours maybe. I do not get this obsession at all.
你可是把《燕特尔》看了十五遍
Says the guy who's seen Yentl 15 times.
-那很... -艾
- That's so - Hey, El.
你今天过得怎么样
How'd your day go?
很有意思
It was very interesting.
我们该走了 我们可不想错过第一场
Hey, we should go. We don't wanna miss that first set.
你们要去哪
Where you guys off to?
公牛子弹酒吧
The Bullshot.
美国著名舞曲女歌♥手
显然他们那有个非常棒的唐娜·莎曼模仿者
They apparently have a fantastic Donna Summer impersonator.
-你该和我们一起去 -是啊
剧集 | 为了全人类 | 导航列表