I don't really see what the benefit is...
我实在看不出有什么必要
in telling me in person, as opposed to telling me on the phone. It's the same thing.
非得当面说 有事儿电♥话♥上说不就行了吗 不都一样吗?
Just pretend we're blind. What's the matter with that?
就当我们都是盲人 行不行?
That's what it is for them.
盲人就不用见面
My wife is home.
我老婆回家了
Hello. Hi! Who are you talking to?
嗨 嗨 你在给谁打电♥话♥?
Richard Lewis. Get off.
理查德路易斯 快说完
I've been ordered off the phone.
我被命令挂电♥话♥了
Okay, I'll meet you there in 10 minutes.
好 那10分钟后那里见
All right, very good.
好的 很好
What did the doctor say?
医生怎么说?
He said that I have dermatitis.
他说我这是皮肤炎
Really? Yeah.
真的? 嗯
But if I get this filled, and put it on, it'll be fine.
但是要是我把这个药开了 涂在身上 就没事了
You don't have to back up. I don't think it's contagious.
你没必要退开 我想这不传染的吧
Is it contagious?
到底传不传染?
How'd you get that? What is it? I have no idea, it's a virus.
你怎么得上这病的?这到底是啥? 我也不知道 某种病毒吧
But he said if I take this three times a day, rub it on, it'll be fine.
但他说我只要一天涂三次这个 就没问题了
I'm passing it over to you because I'm hoping you'll take it to the drugstore.
我把这个给你 是想你能拿去药房♥
I have to meet Richard Lewis first. He wants to talk to me about something.
我得先去见理查德路易斯 他想给我说个啥事儿
God knows, and...
谁知道是啥 而且...
I thought we were going to dinner. No, we are.
我以为我们要出去吃饭 是要出去啊
So, I'll get the prescription filled, after I talk to him...
所以 我先和他碰面 然后去把药取了...
and can I meet you at the restaurant, because it doesn't pay...
然后...我可以和你在饭店碰面吗?因为我没有付...
Then we'll have two cars...
那我们就要开两辆车...
But I'll have to come all the way back to get you. It's right by the restaurant.
否则我就得跑好远回来接你 本来就在饭店旁边的
I'd rather not take my car.
我不想开我的车
Can't Rosa take you? She drives right by there.
罗莎不能捎上你吗?她刚好路过那儿
Okay, that's fine. Okay?
好吧 那就这样 好吧?
So, at 6:00, then?
所以 六点 说好啦?
6:00. Okay.
六点 好
At the Byzantine, and I'll get your thing filled...
在拜占庭餐厅 我会把你的药拿着...
Okay, thanks. All right.
好的 谢啦 好
Larry, thanks for coming out. I know you're busy, and...
拉里 感谢你愿意出来 我知道你很忙
I'm just curious as to what you wanna tell me.
我只是好奇 你究竟要告诉我啥
It's not easy for me to say this. It's been bugging me for a while...
我能说出来并不容易 这事烦恼我很久了...
and I think we're at some kind of crossroads.
我觉得我们的友谊正在一个十字路口
You don't call me. I'm always initiating.
你都不给我打电♥话♥ 永远是我主动
I ask you to do things, I ask you...
我让你帮忙 我让你...
Whatever I do, it's always coming from my end...
不管啥事 都是从我这儿起始
and I feel like, if I never called you...
我觉得啊 要是我不给你打电♥话♥
I'd fall off the face of the earth, and we wouldn't be friends anymore.
你就会当我不存在 我们可能就再也做不了朋友了
My shrink actually told me to confront you on this, and I am. That's it.
我心理咨♥询♥师让我当面给你说 我就说了
Can I be honest with you? I hope so.
我能说实话吗? 我希望这样
It's Sofia, it's your girlfriend. Sofia?
是索菲娅 你女朋友 索菲娅?
I don't get along with her...
我和她相处不来
and so I tend not to call, or get together...
所以我就倾向于不打电♥话♥ 也不想见面
You actually think that's fair? I mean, this is my girlfriend.
你觉得这公平吗?这是我女朋友诶
I don't know if it's fair but that's what's stopping me.
我不知道公不公平 不过这就是我不联♥系♥你的原因
That's why I haven't been calling. She's an extension of my life.
这就是我为什么没有打电♥话♥ 她是我生命的一部分
It's like... I love your wife.
你看...我就喜欢你老婆
She's embarrassed me a couple of times, even in jest, and I don't say:
她也好几次让我出丑 甚至故意开我玩笑 我也不会说:
"I don't wanna be your friend anymore."
"我不想和你做朋友了。"
I don't know, I just don't think a friend can just bolt from a friendship.
我不知道 我只是觉得朋友 不是你想不当就不当的
Cheryl and I are going out to dinner tonight. Why don't the two of you join us?
谢丽儿和我晚上要出去吃饭 你俩一起来吧?
Why do you wanna do that? 'Cause I wanna make up, start all over.
你为什么愿意那样做 因为我想弥补 重新来过
Really? Yeah.
真的? 真的
You're not just doing this to... I appreciate it, but she's part of my life.
你不是专门做给...我很感谢你 但她真的是我生命的一部分
I know, and I wanna try and be friends with her.
我知道 我也在努力和她做朋友
This is a very nice gesture. Tonight?
你这样说真好 今天晚上?
Fuck, I can't. We're doing something early.
艹 我们饭前有点事要处理
Can you come over after dinner, have coffee and dessert at our place?
你们能晚餐后来我家吗?喝点咖啡吃点甜食啥的
Yeah, we wanna have dessert. We'll come over for dessert and coffee.
好啊 我们也想吃点甜食 我们会来喝咖啡吃甜食的
Justin?
贾斯汀?
Lewis.
路易斯
How you doing? Hey, man. Good to see you, man, what's happening?
怎么样? 嘿 伙计 真高兴见到你 最近怎么样?
I'm sorry, I'm funky.
抱歉 身上有汗臭
Dr. Grambs, this is my friend, Larry David.
格莱布斯医生 这是我朋友 拉里大卫
This is my dermatologist. Really?
这是我的皮肤科医生 真的?
What, for 15 years already?
得有多久 15年了吧?
Even with the whole affirmative action thing?
即使有平权法案这种东西?
即平权运动,指给予少数群体优待以消除歧视、达到平等
平权法案(affirmative action):
I'm sorry. I beg your pardon, what?
抱歉 你说什么?
What do you mean? It was a joke.
你什么意思? 我在开玩笑
What do you mean, "The whole affirmative action thing?"
你是什么意思,"平权法案这种东西"?
It was a joke.
我在开玩笑
He's like a buddy.
他是个好人
I know him, he's a sweetheart.
我认识他 他没有恶意
The implication being that I wasn't good enough to be a dermatologist?
是暗示说我不够格当皮肤科医生咯?
No, come on, it was joke.
不是 别这样 我在开玩笑
He's a liberal, he's like you and me.
他是自♥由♥派 和我们一伙的
So, if I wasn't black, he would have said the same thing, or not?
所以 如果我不是黑人 他也会说一样的话咯 是不是?
Do you see my point?
你懂我的意思了吗?
I see it in a historical sense, but not in a nice-day sense.
我懂 但那是历史层面的问题 今天就算了吧
You know, Richard, I've worked too hard and too long at this. I can't do it.
你要知道 理查德 我花了太多精力和时间斗争 我不行了
I don't know what his trip is, but I can't do it.
我不知道他什么心思 我是没心思玩了
I don't have any trip. No, it was joke!
我没有心思 我在开玩笑!
Holy shit! What hit you?
我的天 你脑子锈掉啦?
It was a joke.
我在开玩笑
I know it's a joke, but you sounded...
我知道你在开玩笑 但你听起来...
like Pat Buchanan's gym partner.
就像帕特布坎南的健身好伙伴
此处指拉里言论带歧视黑人意味,极度保守
帕特布坎南(Pat Buchanan):美国著名保守党人士
I was just trying to be affable.
我只是在耍嘴皮子
I'll see you tonight. Hopefully, we'll resolve, you know...
晚上见吧 希望我们能解决...你知道...
I tend to say stupid things to black people sometimes.
我时不时总会对黑人群体说错话
That's, like, gonna be in the time capsule.
你得把这句话带进时空胶囊
I'll see you later on.
晚些见
I was just trying to be affable.
我只是在耍嘴皮子
I'm so glad you're here. I know, this place is crazy.
真高兴你来了 我知道 这个地方简直了
There's no tables, you couldn't get a reservation...
没有空桌了 你又没预订...
we're on a waiting list.
我们被排在等待队列里
Can you give me my prescription?
你能把我的药给我吗?
I think I'm gonna go to the ladies' room, and put some on.
我想我得去厕所把药涂上
What? I forgot it.
咋了? 我忘了
I'm sorry, I was so discombobulated because...
对不起 我之前心态崩了 因为...
Oh, my God, I completely humiliated...
天 我简直尴尬得...
What happened? I was with Richard Lewis...
发生啥了? 我和理查德路易斯在一起
and we were talking, and then he ran into his friend, this black doctor...
我们正在说话 然后他碰见他的朋友 一个黑人医生
and I made some terrible joke about affirmative action.
我开了一个平权法案的玩笑 过火了
It was beyond awful.
非常过火
I'm sure you're making it out to be more than it was.
我相信你大题小作了
I'm making it out to be less, believe me. And he took it the wrong way.
我才没有大题小作 相信我 而且他也没理解到是个玩笑
Why would you even make a joke about that?
你为啥非要开那个的玩笑啊?
I don't know, I was trying to be affable. I was trying too hard.
我不知道 我在耍嘴皮子 结果耍过头了
Why even joke about it?
为啥非开那个的玩笑?
I made a mistake. It was a stupid thing to say.
我失误了 我不该说那个话的
I'm a schmuck. I did a schmucky thing.
我是个傻蛋 我做了件傻事儿
Did you apologize? Of course I apologized.
你道歉了吗? 我当然道歉了
I have to say, I'm not real happy right now, because...
我只能说 我现在很不开心 因为...
We'll have dinner and then we'll go right to the drugstore.
那我们先吃饭 之后直接去药店
No problem. The problem is...
没问题的 问题是...
it's gonna be hours before we get there...
我们到药店起码还要几个小时
because we're not even gonna have a seat until, like, an hour.
因为我们等座位都差不多要一个小时
Really? Yeah, and I'm starving.
是吗? 是的 而且我都要饿死了
Let's try something here. What are you doing?
我有个法子 你想干嘛?
You have a little plan? I got a little plan.
你有打算? 我有打算
What do you think?
你觉得怎么样?
Yeah, sure.
当然好了 可以的
Men do this, right? I've seen men do it.
男人都这么做的 对吧? 我反正♥见♥过别人这么做
Haven't we seen this? I've seen men do it in movies.
很常见的嘛 我在电影里见过
剧集 | 消消气(2000) | 导航列表