剧集 | 比彻姆大宅(2019) | 导航列表
我离开公♥司♥的时候 萨缪尔
When I left the Company, Samuel,
我学到了很多关于贸易行业的知识
I learnt so much about the trading business
这行业早在欧洲人
that existed for hundreds of years
建造垄断市场前 就已存在了数百年
before the Europeans built their monopolies.
你一向有其他英国人没有的独到眼光
You always had an eye like no other Englishman.
你会不会碰巧需要一个
Is there any chance you might be in need of a worker
懂得富豪挥霍新财富滋味的手下
who knows the tastes of the nabobs with new money to burn?
不 我不需要手下
No, I do not need a worker.
但是...
But...
我很需要一个信得过的合伙人
I am in great need of a trustworthy partner.
-合伙人 -这是我应该做的
- Partner? - It is, I think, the very least I can do.
这栋大宅跟它的主人一样令人赞叹不已
This house is as impressive as its owner.
我们都同意约翰是如意郎君 对吧
Well, as we agreed, John is a fine match. Yes?
约翰 那是谁的孩子 哭得那么厉害
John, whose baby is that, crying so?
母亲
Please, Mother.
请你在这等待
Please... wait there.
你为什么抱着那孩子
Why are you holding that child?
他看起来是...
He looks...
本地人
native.
你是他的父亲吗
Are you the father?
那他母亲是谁 你...
Well, who is the mother? Are you...
你结婚了吗
Are you married?
母亲
Mother...
这是...奥格斯特
This...is August.
奥格斯特·比彻姆
August Beecham.
你的孙子
Your grandson.
这样对待婴儿真奇怪
This is a most peculiar way to treat an infant.
我们启航前 约翰怎么能只字不提此事
How could John make no mention of it before we set sail?
我必须承认 比彻姆夫人
I must admit, Mrs Beecham,
您儿子现在的尴尬处境让我很震惊
I am shocked by the predicament your son finds himself in.
我也是 维奥莱
As am I, Violet.
我仿佛都不认识我儿子了
I fear I do not know my own son.
别失去信心
Do not lose heart.
他是一个善良忠诚的儿子
He is a kind and loving son.
是有个孩子
There is a baby.
但似乎没有妻子在
There does not seem to be a wife.
我会弄清楚此事的
I will get to the bottom of this.
约翰也许仍会是你的如意郎君
John may yet make a fine match for you.
母亲 我劝过你
Mother, I did advise you that
现在或许不是来印度的最佳时节
now was perhaps not the best time to come to India,
但你坚持要来
but you insisted.
恰好相反 约翰 我希望自己来得更早些
On the contrary, John, I wish I had come sooner.
我也许就能确保你的个人生活
I might have secured your personal life
更符合英国绅士所应有的
to be more in keeping with that of an English gentleman.
巴达尔手上的食物应该能引起你的食欲吧
Well, now, surely Baadal can tempt you with something.
你一定很饿了
You must be so very hungry.
这么热的天 你怎么还吃得下
How can you stand to eat in this insufferable heat?
你会渐渐喜欢上印度的 比彻姆夫人
India does grow on you, Mrs Beecham.
只要你给她时间
If you give it time.
你呢 伍德豪斯小姐 你睡得好吗
And you, Miss Woodhouse. How did you sleep?
-还舒适吧 -很舒适 比彻姆先生
- I trust you're comfortable? - Very comfortable, er, Mr Beecham.
能下了那艘船
It is a pleasure to be off that boat
来到这栋美丽的大宅 我很高兴
and in the comfort of such a fine house.
这里有你的欢声笑语 是我们的荣幸
It is a delight to have your cheerful disposition grace us here.
母亲 我一定能做些什么
Mother, surely there is something I can do
帮你安顿下来
to ease your settling in.
我想见丹尼尔
I should like to see Daniel,
并且我祈祷他仍是我能认出的儿子
and I pray he is still, at least, a son I recognise.
我曾数次打听过丹尼尔的下落
I have made several enquiries of Daniel's whereabouts.
他要么就是离开了加尔各答
He has either left Calcutta,
要么就是有意不让我找到他
or is, indeed, making it very difficult for me to find him.
他为什么不想和自己亲弟弟联♥系♥
Why would he not want to communicate with his own brother?
母亲 印度幅员辽阔
Mother, Hindustan is an enormous land.
我们还没碰到过
Our paths have not yet crossed.
丹尼尔在东印度公♥司♥就职 似乎很快乐
Daniel seems very happy serving in the East India Company.
而我则不是
I was not.
但现在你来了
But now that you are here,
我会再写封信给他 恳求他来见你
I will write to him again, imploring him to come and see you.
失陪了
If you will excuse me.
比彻姆夫人 伍德豪斯小姐
Mrs Beecham. Miss Woodhouse.
-夫人 -不 不要
- Ma'am...? - No, no!
你母亲请求我在加尔各答寻找你弟弟时
I didn't want to get your mother's hopes up,
我不想让你母亲抱太大希望
as she asked me to seek your brother out in Calcutta.
但是
But...
我听说他应公♥司♥要求到卡瑙杰考察了
I did hear reports he's on a Company expedition in Kannauj.
卡瑙杰
Kannauj?
从德里骑马到那里只需一天
That's only a ride away from Delhi.
那是公♥司♥发动攻击的理想位置
The ideal position for the Company to mount an attack.
在德里门前有英国驻军
A British military presence on Delhi's doorstep
是直接挑衅
is a direct provocation.
我们必须有所防范 约翰
We must be on guard, John.
如果让卡斯蒂昂将军发现
If General Castillon discovers
你弟弟和东印度公♥司♥在卡瑙杰
your brother's with the Company in Kannauj,
他一定不会赞同
he will not look on it favourably.
没错
Yes.
他绝对会告知皇帝
He would, no doubt, inform the Emperor,
建议他不要给我颁贸易许可
and advise him against granting my trade licence.
我们走吧
Shall we?
下集预告
这位也许就是比彻姆老爷的妻子
Maybe this is Beecham Saheb's wife.
我的老天
My, my, my, my.
这是谁呀
What do we have here?
我终于攒够回家的路费了
I am finally able to afford my passage home.
回英格兰
England.
鸦♥片♥用完后你打算怎么办
What are you going to do when the opium runs out?
如果比彻姆中尉和东印度公♥司♥有接触
If Lieutenant Beecham is in contact with the Company,
他将付出巨大的代价
he will pay a severe price.
丹尼尔
Daniel!
我才刚安顿好阿伽斯提亚
I have just settled Agastya.
你们若能小声些 我会感激不尽
I would appreciate it if you'd kindly keep your voices down.
我是这栋大宅的老夫人
I am mistress of this house.
我不能这样过日子
I cannot live like this.
她是奥格斯特的母亲吗
Is she August's mother?
剧集 | 比彻姆大宅(2019) | 导航列表