剧集 | 比彻姆大宅(2019) | 导航列表
我有良知
I have a conscience.
而你
And you...
在加尔各答就很难见到独身女子 但在德里
A lone woman in Calcutta is a rarity, but in Delhi...
这更是不可能
an impossibility.
我哥哥之前来印度谋出路
My brother travelled to India to seek his fortunes.
我就把那看作是冒险的好机会
I saw it as an opportunity to seek adventure.
这非常令人钦佩
That is most admirable.
也很勇敢
And brave.
勇敢还是鲁莽
Brave, or foolhardy?
当他债台高筑的时候 他突然离开了德里
He left Delhi abruptly when he accrued significant debts.
他把你丢下了吗
He abandoned you?
我很抱歉
I am so sorry.
我已经习惯了手足间的荒唐事了
One becomes accustomed to the folly of siblings.
幸运的是 在我最需要工作的时候
Thankfully, Mr Beg was in need of a governess
贝格先生正好需要一名家庭教师
when I was most in need of a position.
你的小教堂真不错
Your chapel is wonderful.
欢迎你在空闲时过来参观和祈祷
Well, you are welcome to visit and pray at your leisure.
谢谢
Thank you.
我有个请求
I have a request.
如果你答应的话
If you will.
我知道我们才刚认识 但我...
I know that we have just met, but I am in...
我需要你救急 我的母亲...
I am in great need. My mother...
几天后就会到达德里
will be arriving in Delhi in a few days.
然后
And...
如果她到达时你能在这里 我会非常感激
I would be very grateful if you could be here when she arrives.
帮她安顿下来
To help her settle.
我知道那对她是莫大的安慰
I know that it would be a great comfort to her.
对我也是
And to me.
这是我的荣幸
I would be honoured.
我们会照顾好您的母亲 老爷
Your mother will be well taken care of, Saheb.
不用担心
Do not worry.
有宾杜做她的贴身女仆
Bindu will be her special maid,
奥斯本小姐做她的朋友
Miss Osborne will be her friend,
还有孩子逗她开心
and the baby will make her happy.
母亲
Mother.
我梦到过我们相聚的一幕
I dreamt of the time we would be together again.
我怕我等不到这一天 怕你永远留在印度
I feared it would never come, I had lost you to India forever.
我太想念你了
How much I have missed you.
你已经变成一名优秀的绅士了
You have turned into a fine gentleman.
脸上的胡子也很帅气
The beard sits most handsomely on your face.
您的身体还是那么健康硬朗
And you are as strong and robust as ever.
感谢上帝让您平安到达
Thank the Lord for your safe arrival.
这次的旅途漫长又难熬
It has been a long and trying journey,
我觉得比从伦敦到巴斯的马车还要难熬
more eventful than a carriage from London to Bath, I daresay.
维奥莱
Violet!
请把嗅盐给我
Smelling salts, please.
好的 比彻姆夫人
Of course, Mrs Beecham.
但这里到处都是强盗和劫匪
But there are bandits and highwaymen everywhere,
比彻姆夫人 亲爱的
Mrs Beecham, dear.
而我却很享受我们这段冒险旅程
I, for one, have enjoyed every moment of our adventure.
你还记得维奥莱吗
Do you remember Violet?
你肯定不记得了
Oh, you won't remember,
我们上次见面是很多年以前了
but the last time we met was many years ago.
维奥莱是凯瑟琳·伍德豪斯的女儿
Violet is Katherine Woodhouse's daughter.
她陪我一起出行
She travelled with me to keep me company.
多亏她我才撑下来了
I should not have survived, but for her kindness.
非常感谢你 伍德豪斯小姐
I'm very grateful to you, Miss Woodhouse.
我现在想起你了
I do remember you now,
你以前是个梳着小辫脸颊红红的小姑娘
as a young girl with pigtails and rosy cheeks.
-你好像很爱笑 -她性格很开朗
- I believe you laughed a lot. - She has a happy disposition,
在许多难熬的晚上逗我开心
and kept me entertained on many a rough night.
非常感谢你 陪伴我的母亲
Well, I'm very grateful. For you keeping my mother company.
谢谢 约翰
I thank you, John.
我很想赶紧洗个澡 把自己打扮得像样一点
And I'm looking forward to a bath and making myself presentable.
好的 请
Well, please.
来搭把手吧 中尉
A hand would be welcome, Lieutenant.
萨缪尔·帕克上尉 你怎么来了
Captain Samuel Parker? What on earth?
母亲 你知道我们认识吗
Mother, did you know we were acquainted?
我知道
I did, indeed.
帕克上尉去年在伦敦时来看过我
Captain Parker called on me in London last year.
-伦敦 -是的 他当时在找你
- London? - Yes, he was looking for you.
我们在加尔各答的港口又遇到了
We met again in the port in Calcutta,
他坚持要把我们安全送到你这
and he insisted on delivering us safely to you.
我的老朋友 这简直太巧了
My dear old friend, I could not have planned it better myself.
走吧
Come.
慢点
Steady.
天呐
Good gracious!
这简直超出我的想象
This is beyond all expectation.
像女王的宫殿一样
This is a palace fit for a queen.
从印度回去的英国富豪
All the British nabobs
全都买♥♥下了这样的大宅
are buying enormous estates like this back home.
有些人甚至用他们在印度赚的钱买♥♥了议会席位
Some are even buying Parliament seats with their Indian fortunes.
为什么不在萨里郡建一个这样的宅邸呢
Well, why not build a mansion such as this in Surrey?
母亲 我不是那种来印度
Mother, I am not one of those nabobs
赚到钱就走的暴发户
that comes to India to prosper and flee.
你已经离家12年了
12 years since you left me.
自从你做了四处漂泊的修补匠
Barely a word in the last three,
三年来音讯全无
since you became a wandering tinkerman.
但现在我终于不担心了
But now my fears are all allayed.
奥斯本小姐
Oh, Miss Osborne.
谢谢你来迎接我的母亲
Thank you for coming to greet my mother.
约翰一直很期待您来
John has been so looking forward to your arrival.
你和我儿子是怎么认识的
And how, pray, do you know my son?
我是他的邻居
I am his neighbour.
来把 母亲 我们为你们准备了一些茶点
Come, Mother, we have prepared some refreshments for you.
非常感谢你照顾我母亲
I am so grateful for your kindness towards my mother.
你不知道我见到你有多高兴
You cannot imagine how pleased I am to see you.
公♥司♥在你辞职消失之后
The Company was never the same
就变得不一样了
after you resigned and disappeared.
-我想你了 -我也是
- I have missed you. - And I you.
跟我说说 英格兰最近有什么消息
Tell me, what news of England?
经常下雨
It rains.
威尔士亲王要结婚了
The Prince of Wales is getting married.
沃伦·黑斯廷斯被判无罪 公♥司♥也逃脱了惩罚
Warren Hastings was acquitted and the Company got off scot-free.
我猜到了
It's not surprising.
议会审判东印度公♥司♥的罪行
Parliament taking the East India Company
就是做做样子
to trial over their misdeeds was a charade.
他们的虚伪让我恶心
The hypocrisy sickens me.
我和你都被要求提交对公♥司♥不利的证据
I was called to give evidence against the Company. You were, too.
但没人知道你在哪儿
But no one knew where to find you.
我被开除军籍
I received a dishonourable discharge.
他们散播谣言
They've spread rumours.
败坏我的名声
They have sullied my name.
萨缪尔...
Samuel...
我很遗憾
I am so sorry.
不好意思 失陪一下
Please excuse me for just a moment.
别担心 亲爱的
Do not worry, dear.
区区家庭教师不是你的对手
A governess is no competition for you.
约翰跟你说的一样英俊体贴
John is every bit as handsome and considerate as you said he was.
我说过糟糕的旅行会换来回报的
I told you that horrific journey would pay dividends.
你们俩最般配了
It will be a perfect union.
你为什么又回来印度
Why did you journey back to India?
我的钱在一次投资中赔光了
I lost any money I made in an investment.
商船搁浅时所有的货物都沉了
The entire cargo sank when an Indiaman ran aground.
我在英国不可能找得到工作
Future employment in England is impossible for me,
所以我希望这边会有印度王公...
so my hope is that a Maharaja here will...
我不知道
I don't know.
不在乎我的过去
Ignore my past.
或者我靠自己闯荡 像你一样
Or perhaps I'll go out on my own, follow your example.
约翰 你做得很成功
John, you have done well.
剧集 | 比彻姆大宅(2019) | 导航列表