剧集 | 比彻姆大宅(2019) | 导航列表
Begum Samru-saheba seems very fond of Miss Osborne.
看起来她对任何欧洲的东西都很感兴趣
It appears she has an interest in all things European.
可不能低估了她
She is not to be underestimated.
萨姆鲁公主最受皇帝的宠爱
Begum Samru is a favourite of the Emperor.
他把她当亲生女儿般对待
He treats her like his own daughter.
卡斯蒂昂将军好心提议
General Castillon has kindly offered
把我引见给皇帝
to introduce me to the Emperor.
请让我来吧 我很乐意为你引见
Allow me to do that. It would be my pleasure.
你好像很幸运
You seem to be possessed of great fortune.
有两个倾慕者呢
You have two admirers.
您肯定是搞错了
I'm sure you are mistaken.
你不必感觉必须在两人之间做出取舍
You must not feel like you must choose one or the other.
二者的滋味都去品尝一下会更有乐趣
It's far more enjoyable to sample the delights of both.
皇宫外♥围♥
殿下
'Your Imperial Highness.'
万王之王
King of Kings.
阿克巴王子殿下
Your Royal Highness, Prince Akbar.
我万分荣幸地向您们介绍
It gives me great pleasure to introduce you
朝廷的朋友 约翰·比彻姆中尉
to a friend of the court, Lieutenant John Beecham.
非常欢迎 比彻姆中尉
Khush aamdeed, Lieutenant Beecham.
希望我的臣民好好欢迎了你的到来
I hope my kinsman has made you welcome.
接待一位英国人可不太常见
It is unusual to receive an Englishman as a guest.
一般来说 你们都是不请自来的不速之客
Normally, you arrive without an invitation.
殿下
Your Imperial Highness,
在您和您的疆土面前 我感到自身的渺小
I am humbled by your presence and your land.
我的先辈在这里统治了成百上千年
My ancestors have ruled it for hundreds of years.
他们抛洒热血来捍卫属于他们的一切
They've shed their blood to keep what is theirs.
我绝不允许英国东印度公♥司♥
I will not allow the British East India Company
把如今属于我的夺走
to take what is now mine.
公♥司♥扩张的政策是可耻的
The Company's policy for expansion is shameful.
我已经和他们断绝了关系
I have severed ties with them.
除了为股东们
They have no concerns
积累财富以外 他们无所顾忌
beyond amassing wealth for their shareholders.
孟加拉本来比全英格兰还要富有
Bengal was richer than all the wealth in England
直到被克莱芙和黑斯廷斯洗劫
until Clive and Hastings plundered it.
"当友善之邦不得不兵戎相见
"In a land where the hand of friendship is taken for the sword,
"我向鹅毛笔尖寻求慰藉
"I gain solace from the sighs of the quill
"字里行间字字啼血"
"as it gifts its lifeblood to the page."
我认识很多会说波斯语和乌尔都语的英国人
I have known many an Englishman that spoke Farsi and Urdu,
但从没遇到过知道我写的诗的
but never one that knew my poetry.
殿下 恳请您不要把我当做敌人
Your Imperial Highness, please do not see me as an enemy.
但卡斯蒂昂将军这样认为
But General Castillon does.
如果英国人说"黑" 法国人一定说"白"
If the English say "day", the French say "night".
数百年来两国之间无数次的战争
The numerous wars that we have waged over the centuries
不会轻易被忘掉
are not easily forgotten.
让我们祈祷下一场战争不是为了争夺德里吧
Well, let us hope that the next war is not a battle for Delhi.
因为大家都说
For it is said
得德里者得印度
that he who rules Delhi, rules India.
殿下 我恳求您
Your Imperial Highness, I implore you.
勿以背景而以我之行为评判
Judge me not by my flag, but by my actions.
我热爱您的国家
I love your country.
而且我相信印度应该由印度人来管辖
And I believe that India should be governed by Indians.
我只想光明磊落地进行贸易
I wish only to trade honourably
交易在这里制♥造♥的美丽物件
with the beautiful objects that are made here.
请您批准我的贸易许可
Please, grant me a licence.
殿下
Your Imperial Highness,
看来您已经见过这个新来德里的英国人了
I see you have met the new Englishman in Delhi.
没错 比彻姆中尉非常喜欢这些艺术
Yes. Lieutenant Beecham is a lover of the arts.
他希望我给他颁发自♥由♥贸易许可证
He wishes that I grant him a free trade licence.
您肯定不会颁给他的吧
Surely you will not grant it,
因为您知道东印度公♥司♥盯上德里了
knowing the Company have Delhi in their sights.
殿下
Your Imperial Highness,
我是您的仆人
I am your servant.
在我宫殿里的英国仆人吗
A British servant in my palace?
我这辈子
Never in my life
从没为失明感到如此悲伤过
have I been more sad to be blind!
那就为我服务吧 比彻姆中尉
Then serve me, Lieutenant Beecham.
皇后的生日就快到了
The Empress's birthday approaches.
为她挑一件完美的礼物
Find the perfect gift for her,
也许你就能拿到许可证了
and maybe you shall have your licence.
殿下
Your Highness.
您可千万不能颁给他啊
Surely you will not grant it.
将军 将军
General, General.
我知道你不信任他
I know you do not trust him.
我也不信任他
Nor do I.
殿下 那您为什么要给他提供许可呢
Then, Your Highness, why offer to grant him a licence?
你忘了
You forget...
象棋最早出自印度
India gave the world chess.
我的第一步是决定性的
My first move was decisive.
如果我现在就回绝比彻姆
If I refuse Beecham now,
东印度公♥司♥就会秘密地推进自己的计划
the Company will proceed with their plans in secret.
我们会严密监控比彻姆 直到他犯下错误
We will watch Beecham closely, until he makes a mistake.
这都是什么东西
What is all this?
是英式甜点
It is English mithai.
你无法欣赏这种文化
You cannot appreciate such culture.
老爷为什么要费这么大工夫
Why is Saheb going to all this trouble?
他在城里都没待多久
He's barely been in the city
却已经找到一位英国小姐 并要带回家
and has already found an English lady to bring home.
他真的有点蠢 不是吗
He's quite chalu, no?
他要带一位英国女士来家里吗
An English lady? Here, to this house?
我们主厨穆尔·钱德
Our chef, Mool Chand,
一整天都在忙着给你做特别的英式布丁
has spent all day making special English puddings for you.
我听说他是一位很棒的主厨
I've heard he is an excellent chef.
我也是
So have I.
他每天都这么告诉我
He tells me every day!
比彻姆老爷马上就来
Beecham-saheb is on the way.
奥斯本小姐
Miss Osborne.
欢迎你
Welcome.
谢谢你的邀请 比彻姆先生
Thank you for your invitation, Mr Beecham.
这座房♥子可太宏伟了
This is a magnificent house.
庭院和内部的雕刻都很精美
The courtyards and carvings are exquisite.
坐在这棵树下的感觉一定很好
And how nice it must be to sit here under the tree.
我是在集市上找到这个秋千的
I found this swing in the bazaar.
德里有着很多有趣的事物
Delhi is full of wonders.
但是现在 请准备好从德里回到德文郡老家
But now, prepare to be transported from Delhi back home to Devon.
天呐 真的太棒了
Oh, my, how wonderful!
谢谢 巴达尔
Shukria, Baadal.
这是穆尔·钱德驰名的面包布丁
Mool Chand's famous bread pudding.
司康饼 葡萄干布丁
Scones. Plum pudding.
-以及树莓奶油 -谢谢
- And raspberry creams. - Shukria.
我从没见过穆尔·钱德对哪位客人这么友善过
I have yet to see Mool Chand beam so for a guest.
请
Please.
和德文郡一样的味道
From Devon.
黄油味很浓郁
So buttery!
看看老爷多高兴啊
Look how happy Saheb is.
他这样子可看不出来已经有妻子了
His is not the face of a man with a wife somewhere.
至少不是一个他喜欢的妻子
At least, not a wife he likes.
我很感谢你
I am indebted to you.
你让我的思乡病
For allowing me to reveal myself
被甜食治愈了
as a homesick lady with a sweet tooth.
我非常能理解那种感觉
I perfectly understand what it feels like
渴望家的舒适
to hanker for home comforts.
穆拉德·贝格告诉我你在建造小教堂
Murad Beg tells me that you've been building a chapel.
如果可以的话 我想看看
I should like to see it, if I may.
我很高兴带你去看看
I would be... delighted to show you.
我们初次见面的时候我一直没机会问你
I did not have an opportunity to enquire when we met...
是什么把你带到了德里
what brought you to Delhi?
我想要一个全新的开始
I wanted a fresh start.
我为东印度公♥司♥工作了好几年了
I worked with the East India Company for many years.
但我离开了
But I left.
为什么
Why?
剧集 | 比彻姆大宅(2019) | 导航列表