It's him.
放开我
Get off me.
滚开!
Get off!
真是一事无成
He couldn't even get that right.
他想证明什么呀?
What's he trying to prove?
他证明了一件事
Well, he has proven one thing.
什么? -他是无辜的
Oh? -His innocence.
让我来带大家看看?
May I show you?
非常抱歉
I'm so sorry.
准备好就可以开始了
Whenever you're ready.
都各就各位了吗?
Everybody in position?
这里好了
Yes. Here.
可以了! -是的
Ready! -Yes.
好了 警官 可以开始了
All right, Constable. When you're ready.
枪声响起时我们都站在现在的位置 没错吧?
We were all standing just where we were the moment of the fatal gunshot. Agreed?
没错 -一切都跟那天的情况一样吗?
Indeed. -Everything just as it was?
不 那天的枪声大多了
No. The gunshot, it was too quiet.
没错 刚才的声音的确小很多 探长先生
Yes, it was much quieter, Inspector.
有点儿像Cade先生刚才锤墙的声音
Like Mr Cade's hammering a few moments ago,
正是刚才的声音提醒了我 我们误把那天的声音认作枪声了
whereas the sound we thought was the gunshot made my ears ring.
Cade先生 还记得那个暖和的夜晚
Mr Cade, you remember, out in the garden,
你在花♥园♥外面看到了什么吗?
what did he see on that warm night?
我看到有人生火
Someone had lit a fire.
接着一段烧过的导线毫无缘由地出现在垃圾堆里
And then that off-cut of flex that had no business being in the compost.
那是一段导火线 探长先生
A piece of fuse, Inspector.
杀害伯爵的凶手在烟囱里点燃了什么东西
The Count's killer lit something in the chimney that evening.
他借助一根燃烧缓慢的导火线 使爆♥炸♥在15分钟以后才发生
On a slow fuse, timed to explode 15 minutes later,
让我们所有人都误以为听到的是枪声
to deceive us all that what we heard was a gunshot
事实上 我们听到的是烟火声
when what we, in fact, heard was a firework.
你之前是怎么说的 探长先生?
What was it you said, Inspector?
'不可否认
"Like it or not,
我们在地下室道里发现了Anthony Cade和那把冒烟的枪'
Anthony Cade was found in that tunnel with the smoking gun."
但是如果枪并没有冒烟呢?
But what if the gun was not smoking?
如果伯爵的死亡时间比我们想的要早呢?
What if the Count was killed earlier than supposed,
在各位男士们讨论完生意上的事之后的在10:45
after the men retired from their business at quarter to eleven
1小时后火警铃响起之前呢?
but before the alarm bell almost an hour later?
这么一来 凶手就可能是我们中的任何一个人
Suddenly, the killer could be any one of us.
你肯定吗?
Are you sure?
晚餐后 你勾起了伯爵对《里士满公爵》的兴趣?
You recall the Count's interest, over dinner, in The Duke Of Richmond?
在我们睡下后悄悄邀请伯爵返回并不是什么难事
No great feat to quietly invite the Count back after the rest of us were in bed,
你给他看了暗锁 引诱他进入密道
show him the hidden bolt, tempt him inside,
然后射杀他
then shoot him,
接着扔下枪 让我们发现枪时误以为是凶手留下的
and toss the gun to be found later as if abandoned by the killer.
遗憾的是 伯爵没有马上死
Sadly for the Count, he didn't die straightaway.
这是凶手犯下的唯一错误 如果这算得上是错误的话
The murderer's only mistake, if mistake it was.
我的天哪!
Good God!
Cade先生随后发现了伯爵 可怜的人还剩下最后一口气
The poor man was still living when Mr Cade found him some time later.
Jane 接着说
Go on, Jane.
那些信...
Those letters...
我太不应该了 我不能原谅自己轻信了他们
I've been woefully, unforgivably naive.
Constance和那个上尉 唉 多么浪漫
Constance and the Captain, ah, the romance of it.
虽然有一方在竭力控制感情但...
One gets swept along and yet...
我来提个问题
Let me pose a question.
如果一对恋人决定隐瞒恋情
A pair of lovers, determined to hide their secret,
难道他们不会用别名吗?
might they not write under an alias?
的确 Ludwig伯爵称自己为上尉
Indeed, Count Ludwig called himself the Captain.
这点我们已经知道了 那Constance为何不用别名?
So he did. But why just the Count and not Constance?
她难道不怕恋情暴露吗?
Did she not fear exposure as much as him?
除非Constance也是一个别称
Unless Constance was also an alias.
那么信里提到的Constance不是指Treadwell?
So the Constance of the letters was not Treadwell?
请原谅 Bundle
Forgive me, Bundle.
我从你的相册里拿了这个
I took this from your scrapbook.
是只狗 这能说明什么吗?
It's a dog. So what?
这是妈妈的第一只狗
Well, it's Mama's first mutt.
上尉 它叫上尉
Captain. It was called Captain.
Treadwell太笨了 妈妈曾开玩笑说他们就像...
It was so besotted with Treadwell Mama used to joke they were like...
'天生一对'
"Perfect lovers."
这些别名一定是妈妈想到的
Our mother must have thought of these aliases.
Constance和她的上尉
Constance and her Captain.
'Constance'指的是我们母亲
Our mother... Took the alias "Constance".
你母亲曾是伯爵的秘密情人
Your mother was the Count's secret lover.
我不明白
I don't understand.
你是说伯爵和Madeleine偷了那颗钻石?
Are you saying that the Count and Madeleine stole the diamond?
噢 那颗折磨人的钻石
Oh, that wretched diamond.
我们都被那颗迈索尔钻石迷惑住了
We're all so bewitched by the Mysore Diamond,
以致于我们自以为是 而忽略了事实
we forge our theories and forget the facts.
要看清事物的本质 这点至关重要
It is so important to see things clearly,
我们应该心如明镜 而不是管中窥豹
as if through a pane of glass, and not a prism.
抱歉
Excuse me.
对不起
Sorry.
老天爷啊
Good God.
可以吗?
May I?
伯爵恐怕不太可能在杀害Agnes后带着钻石离开
I'm afraid there's no way the Count murdered Agnes and made off with the diamond.
因为钻石一直和Agnes在一起
Because the diamond has been with Agnes all the time.
凶手就把钻石留在墓里
In the tomb, just where the killer left it.
你们还记得我们发现可怜的Agnes的尸骨吧?
When we found poor Agnes's bones, do you remember?
你在地窖里掩饰得很好
Your histrionics in the crypt.
你就是在那时候把钻石拿走 对吧?
You took it then, didn't you?
接着你把钻石扔在了喷泉池里
Then dropped it in the fountain.
否则你为什么要用手帕擦手?
Why else would you be drying your hands?
爸爸?
Daddy?
为什么?
Why?
1932年那晚的派对上
The night of the party. '32.
我把袖扣弄丢了 如果你相信的话
I'd lost a cufflink, if you can believe it.
我上楼去找 然后...
I went upstairs and then...
不不 你不能去那儿
No, no, you mustn't go in there, please.
求你了 先生 听我说
Please, sir, listen to what I'm saying.
我不是存心杀她的
I'd not meant to kill her,
但她阻止我看到我妻子和那个小提琴手在一起
but she tried to prevent me from seeing my wife and the fiddle player.
接着我就下定了决心
And then my mind cleared.
我拿走了钻石
I took the diamond.
把它和Agnes放在一起
Left it with Agnes.
很自然的 别人会以为她带着赃物私逃了
Naturally it was assumed that she had run off with it.
接下来就只要向我的妻子编个善意的谎言
Then all that remained was to tell my wife a white lie.
你告诉她 有人发现了Agnes和维也纳的小提琴手偷♥欢♥
You told her Agnes had been seen. Cavorting with the Viennese fiddler
当然 那个小提琴手后来还一直给她写信
who, of course, went on writing to her for quite some time,
那些信都被我拿走了
but I took care of those letters.
它们只会让她难过
They would only have caused her pain.
回忆往事真有意思
It's funny, looking back.
要蒙骗她简直太容易了
She was so easily deceived.
这些恋情往往都是不堪一击
These romances are so fragile.
根本就没有忠诚可言
There's no real devotion at all.
不像我们 我们可是一家人生活在烟囱宅里
Not such as we all had together, as a family, here at Chimneys.
可是她在这里并不快乐
She was unhappy.
她被困在了这里 难怪身体每况愈下
Trapped. No wonder she got ill.
但是在她去世后 你发现了上尉以前写给她的信 是吧?
But after she died, you found the earlier letters, didn't you, from the Captain?
这些年来她保存得很好
She'd kept them safe, all these years.
确实如此
Yes, indeed.
她把一字一句都珍藏着
Every word.
所以当Lomax先生给你看Ludwig伯爵的信
So that when Mr Lomax showed you the letter from Count Ludwig,
并提议让他拜访烟囱宅时
suggesting a visit to Chimneys
你一眼就认出了他的字迹
you knew the handwriting at once.
跟情书上的一模一样 那时你就决定...
A precise match for the old love letters. And you knew...
送上尉上路
The Captain was on his way.
可是为什么要弄烟火呢?
But why the firework?
为什么偏偏是11:45呢?
Why 11:45?
Eversleigh先生
Mr Eversleigh,
是不是你写给Cade先生的信没有封口就被放在了一边?
is it possible that the letter you wrote to Mr Cade was in fact left unsealed?
你的客人到了 先生
Your guest has arrived, sir.
而且留在了桌上?
Still on the desk?
要寄的信都放在他主人的桌上
剧集 | 马普尔小姐探案(2004) | 导航列表