名叫Venables
Name of Venables.
地址是Price Court
Price Court.
Much Deeping村
Much Deeping.
再见 马普尔小姐 -再见
Bye, Miss Marple. -Goodbye.
马普尔小姐
Miss Marple.
噢 Corrigan小姐 -您曾说过必须与邪恶斗争
Oh, Miss Corrigan. -You said evil had to be fought.
否则我们会坠入黑暗 您是认真的吗?
Otherwise we go down to darkness. Did you mean it?
一字不虚
Every word.
大概您是有事情想告诉我?
Is there something you'd like to tell me perhaps?
是的 -关于您朋友的 是不是?
Yes. -About your friend, is it?
名唤Tommy Tuckerton的那位?
Tommy Tuckerton?
你怀疑她的死很可能非比寻常?
You're worried that her death was perhaps not entirely a natural one?
C R Bradley
C R Bradley.
我在Tommy Tuckerton的房♥子里面发现的
I found it at Tommy Tuckerton's house.
她的继母留着的
Her stepmother had it.
就是它把我带到这儿 -Charing十字街6502号♥
That's what led me here. -Charing Cross, 6502.
您是否尝试过联♥系♥Bradley先生?
Have you tried to contact Mr Bradley?
实在很丢脸 不过我不敢自己这么做
I'm ashamed to say I was afraid to on my own.
那么 现在可是我们两个人 -我们两个?
Well, there's two of us now. -Two of us?
是的 您看 我也失去了一个朋友
Yes, you see, I too lost a friend.
一位非常亲密的朋友 他叫Gorman神父
A very dear friend. His name was Father Gorman.
种种看来 白马酒店
And somehow, the Pale Horse,
也许再加上这位Bradley先生 就是整件事的关键
perhaps with the help of Mr Bradley, was at the heart of it.
现在又伴随Cottom上校谋杀案
And now with Captain Cottam's murder...
谋杀? 我以为是心脏病发作
Murder? I thought a heart seizure.
没这么简单 亲爱的
Oh, no, my dear.
他是被谋杀的 我非常肯定这一点
He was murdered, I'm quite sure of it.
但是为什么 又是谁做的…?
But why and by whom...?
我们会刨根究底的 我确信我们能
We'll get to the bottom of it. I know we will.
噢 是的 但是我们必须得小心
Oh, yes, but we must beware.
因为就算我们在狩猎凶手的同时…
For even while we are hunting him...
我恐怕他也在狩猎我们
I fear he may well be hunting us.
您一定得小心 马普尔小姐
Please be careful, Miss Marple.
别担心 我明天就从伦敦回来
Don't worry. I'll be back from London tomorrow.
到时候见
See you then.
那么 尊敬的女士
Well, dear lady,
我有什么可以帮您的?
how may one be of service?
不了 谢谢
Oh, no, thank you.
那么Bradley先生 我不太清楚您这的规矩
Well, I'm not sure how this is meant to work, Mr Bradley.
我猜想应该先问您…
I suppose the first thing to ask is...
多少钱?
how much?
抱歉 我说 我们可不是这么做事儿的
Dear me, I say… That's not how we go about things,
抱歉 不是这样的
dear me, no.
您看 我们这还没互相自我介绍呢 不是吗?
Now we haven't introduced ourselves yet, have we?
我不认为应当告诉您我的名字
I don't think I ought to give you my name.
噢 很谨慎 我欣赏
Oh, cautious, yes, I like that.
可敬的品格 不过
Admirable quality, but...
我希望此时此刻双方都能坦率
I think we may allow ourselves a moment's candour.
是谁让您来我这儿的?
Who is it sent you to me?
就说是我的朋友的朋友的朋友吧
Let's just say a friend of mine has a friend who has a friend.
很好
Quite.
我觉得您应该知道我是做什么的?
You know my calling, I presume?
赛马中介?
Turf commission agent?
也许您对赛马感兴趣?
Interested in horses, perhaps?
押注?
Betting?
有相中的好马?
Any particular horse you had in mind?
一匹白马
A pale horse.
非常好 非常好
Very good, very good.
好极了
Excellent.
唔 您本人 请允许我这么说…
Oh, you yourself, if I may say so...
这样看倒是匹黑♥马♥
seem to be rather a dark horse.
我向您保证… 您不用紧张
Let me assure you that is… There's no need for any anxiety.
我本身是名律师
I'm a lawyer for myself.
据我所知 被剥夺资格了
Disbarred, I understand.
当然了 这不公平
Unfairly, of course.
正是如此
Just so.
但是不管被剥夺资格与否
But disbarred or not,
我很清楚法律
I do know my law.
并且我所给的建议都是完完全全合法的
And everything I recommend here is perfectly legal.
您看 只是一场赌注的事儿罢了
It's just a question of a bet, you see.
一场赌注? -没错
A bet? -That's right.
一位男士
A man...
或者就您而言 换个说法 一位女士
or in your case, mutatis mutandis, a woman
可以随他所愿就任意事情打赌
can bet on anything he pleases.
明天是否会下雨?
Whether it will rain tomorrow?
俄♥罗♥斯♥人是否会登上月球?
Whether the Russians can send a man to the moon?
亦或者
Or...whether...
X夫人是否会于圣诞节前死去
Mrs X...will die before Christmas.
您明白吗?
You follow?
您看 如果我说错了请纠正我
Look, correct me if I'm wrong,
但我一直在想那天我在Kensal Green墓地见过您
but I keep thinking I saw you at Kensal Green Cemetery the other day.
呃…
Er...
您的确见过我 我本来应当自己提起这件事
You did. I would have mentioned it myself,
但再次遇见您
but running into you again,
您知道 我不想让您觉得我是一个怪人
I didn't want you to get the idea I was some kind of oddball, you know.
在跟踪您 -您当时去做什么的?
Following you. -What were you doing?
我当时是去看望我的已故教母Min
I was visiting my late godmother Min.
更加正式的是Minerva Hesketh-Dubois女士
More properly, Lady Minerva Hesketh-Dubois.
让我们虚构一个假设案例
Let's assume a hypothetical case.
某人想知道Eliza姨婆什么时候去世
Someone would like to know when Great Aunt Eliza is going to die.
靠着医生的帮助 Eliza没准能再活十年
Eliza could live on, pepped up by doctors, for another ten years.
您非常喜爱这位老小姐的话
Would you be delighted of course,
这自然会使您很高兴
you're fond of the old girl.
但知道这件事会有什么用呢?
But how useful would it be to know?
您能明白吗? -噢 是的
You follow? -Oh, yes.
这就是我介入的时候了
And that’s when yours truly comes in.
您在我这儿下注一定金额
You bet me a certain sum...
赌Eliza姨婆能矍铄地活到圣诞
..that Aunt Eliza will be hale and hearty until Christmas.
我则赌她不会
I bet that she won't.
这么做并没有什么不对 是吧?
And there's nothing against that, is there?
她是一位正派的老人
She was a...decent old stick.
活到了一个不错的年纪
Good innings, mind.
与上句均为板球术语引申而来
71岁
71.
但她得了那场病 可怜的教母
But she went through it, poor thing.
我的意思是这场病很快 您能想象的快 但…
I mean it was quick, quick as you like, but...
一切就在一周里面结束了 但是...
all over in a week. But...
就算是一只狗 您也不会忍♥心让它承受那种痛苦
you wouldn't let a dog suffer like that.
她渐渐消瘦成皮包骨
She wasted away to skin and bone.
她的头发... -她的头发?
Her hair... -Her hair?
它就那样脱落
It just came out.
成团地
Clumps.
您知道 尊严
Dignity. You know.
归根到底来说
For a woman, especially,
对一名女性尤其是至高的荣耀
crowning glory, when all is said and done.
无论她年岁多大
No matter how old you are.
您很爱她?
You were fond of her?
是的
Yes.
是的 我想我非常爱
Yes, I suppose I was rather.
她总是不离不弃 当事情...
She was always there when things...
...很糟的时候
..got bad.
事情总是很糟吗?
Did they get bad often?
曾经有次 很糟
Once. Very.
我们起草一份合同 签字
We draw up a contract, sign it,
我会给您一个日期
I give you a date,
我说从那之后的两周..
I say that a fortnight from that date...
...我就会读到 Eliza姨婆的葬礼消息了
..Aunt Eliza's funeral service will be read.
您说这不会发生
You say it won't.
假如您输了? -那么 我给您钱
Supposing you lose? -Well, I pay up.
理所当然
Naturally.
但如果您输了... -假如...我赖账呢?
剧集 | 马普尔小姐探案(2004) | 导航列表