Perhaps.
但是这又作何解释?
But what do we make of this?
"答应我将来你一定要回来 为这最珍贵的宝石"
"Promise me you will return one day for the greatest jewel."
有没有可能... -Ludwig伯爵来这儿
Is it possible...? -Count Ludwig came here to Chimneys
为的不是生意 而是这信里透露出来的一个秘密任务
not to discuss iron, but on a secret mission, revealed within this letter,
是要拿回仍藏于这宅中失窃的迈索尔钻石?
to recover the stolen Mysore Diamond located somewhere in this house.
难怪这信要加密
No wonder it's in code.
难怪他想买♥♥下烟囱宅
That's why he wanted to buy Chimneys.
"里士满 20 北3东"
"Richmond Twenty, North Three East."
证据远在天边 近在眼前
The evidence was before our eyes.
凡·代克? -载体是?
The Van Dyck? -And the subject?
就是他的作品《里士满公爵》
The Duke of Richmond.
18 19 20
18, 19, 20.
然后呢?
So?
然后...
So.
别跟我支吾了 探长
Don't torment me, Inspector.
若你隐瞒什么... -"要 要..."
If you're holding something back... -Want, want...
伯爵死前说的话
His last words.
除非…
Unless, of course...
"Vunt, vunt…"
Vunt, vunt...
除非他死前说的不是英语 而是自己的母语
Unless of course he was speaking not English, but his mother tongue.
不是"要 要..." 而是"Vunt, vunt..."
Not "want, want" but "vunt, vunt".
高地德语中是"Der Wand"
"Der Wand" in High German.
奥地利方言则是"vunt"
Or "vunt" in the Austrian dialect.
意思是? -墙 墙
Meaning? -The wall, the wall.
你觉得...? 你觉得钻石藏在墙里某个地方?
You think...? You think the diamond is hidden somewhere in the wall?
好极了
Well. Bravo.
但我知道某位绅士能帮我们进一步了解到真♥相♥
But, you know, I think I know a gentleman who might shed a little more light on the matter.
你当时跟你的教母在一起?
You were accompanying your godmother?
她叫? -Somerset女士
Lady... -Lady Somerset.
没错 我们过去叫她Robbie
That's right. We all used to call her Robbie.
肯定令人神魂颠倒
Must have been quite bewitching.
什么? -我说钻石
What? -The diamond.
原来如此
Oh. I see.
对于我来说 那只是彩色玻璃 探长
Well, it's all just coloured glass to me, Inspector.
你都查到了些什么?
What have you got there?
1932年钻石失窃案的调查记录
Notes from the investigation in '32.
所有人的口供 包括你的
Interviews with, among others, yourself.
"我对那颗钻石根本没有印象
"I have no recollection of said diamond's disappearance.
当时我在睡觉"
In fact, I was asleep."
那天我一直休息到黎明 -真的 探长
I'd been charging about since dawn. -Really, Inspector...
"我见Somerset女士也很早就睡了"
"I see Lady Somerset retired early as well."
我俩跟失窃案没有任何关系 我跟你保证
We had nothing to do with any theft, I assure you.
其实是这样的...
The point is...
你自己看看
See for yourself.
当年我还年少轻狂 倜傥不羁
I was a young rake.
她又轻易上钩了
She was easily led.
我明白了
I see.
起码我已经有些想法了
Well, at least, I have an inkling.
他写信用的笔名
And he was writing under a nom de plume.
Ludwig伯爵有笔名? -嗯 上尉
Count Ludwig had an alias? -Mm-hm. The Captain.
真奇怪
Odd.
此外 他还有个秘密情人 信里说得一清二楚
And a secret lover, to boot. It's all in the letter.
这个秘密情人是谁?
Who was she, the lover?
不知 是Agnes? -可怜的Agnes
We wondered. Agnes? -Poor Agnes.
不仅如此 伯爵似乎还跟这起名钻盗窃案有关
Not only that. The Count seems to have had a hand in the theft of the famous diamond.
所以是他杀了她?
So he bumped her off, did he?
两个窃贼分赃内斗?
Two thieves fighting over the spoils?
好了 大家开动吧
Well, do start away, everyone.
是的 不仅仅是她 对吧?
Yes, and she wasn't the only one, was she?
我指的是受害者
The only victim, I mean.
Bill 那东西...?
Bill, where is the...?
在这儿呢 亲爱的
Right here, my dearest.
烟囱宅的模型 做工粗糙了点
Chimneys. It's not quite to scale, I'm afraid.
事发当晚 我们都下楼了
The night of the murder. We all came downstairs.
是吧? 我们没发现伯爵 然后我们都去找他
Yes? And we couldn't find the Count, so off we all went.
分头行动 好了 问题的关键来了
Separately. Now, this is the point.
当时我们的位置如下
This is where we all were.
Bundle 你在楼上的客房♥里
So, Bundle, you were upstairs in the guest wing.
George也在那儿
George was there also.
Treadwell在厨房♥
Treadwell, kitchen.
我想Blenkinsopp小姐在阳台上
Miss Blenkinsopp, I believe, was on the terrace.
Bill在书房♥
Bill -study
我之前在楼上 下楼到了会议室
and I was upstairs then down to the council chamber.
我们全都走开了 多久了 五分钟?
We were all gone, what, five minutes, Bill?
当然 -顶多一两分钟
Absolutely. -One or two, at most.
然后... 一声枪响
Then... Gunshot!
我们又跑回原来集♥合♥的地方 前门大开
Back we all flew, front door wide open.
"把门关上!"
Someone close that door!
没问题吧?
Agreed?
有没有这种可能 某人偷溜出宅子
Who's to say one of us couldn't have run out of the house
穿过花♥园♥ 打开地板门
through the garden, trapdoor,
钻进地下室 枪击伯爵
into the passage, shot the Count
枪击声后 然后一分钟内赶回来 造成...
and then one minute to get back, after the gunshot, in time to make it look like...
造成我们大家都一直在屋子里的假象?
well, to make it look like we'd been in the house all along?
由前门到活板门...
Front door to the trapdoor is...
要多少步 Bill?
How many strides, Bill?
我们测过了 112步? 112步
We measured it. 112? 112.
5分钟来回是可能的 你也算过吧 Bill?
Five minutes there and back. It's possible. You said so yourself, didn't you, Bill?
是的
Sure.
但谁会...?
But why would anybody...?
伯爵想要烟囱宅 你们也都听到了
The Count wanted Chimneys, didn't he? And you yourself heard that.
而Bundle你强烈反对卖♥♥掉它
And, Bundle, you're so mortally opposed to losing the house.
我不知道 我当时一心想保住它
I had no idea I was so pathetically grasping.
伯爵被人谋杀了 至于那个可怜的女死者...
Well, somebody killed him. And as for that poor dead girl...
别耗费脑筋了 你歇会儿吧
My little fox. What you need is fattening up.
够了 -不说了
Enough. -Quite.
你在做记录吗 Blenkinsopp?
You making notes, Blenkinsopp?
没有 -想想看 出了这么桩狗血的丑闻
No. -To think, what a pleasing oral history this will all make
这下你们那些三姑六婆有得舌根嚼了 -怎么会呢
back in your municipal headquarters. -Not at all.
谁不知道多年来你觊觎着烟囱宅
When everyone knows you've had your claws in Chimneys for years,
装模作样来信好心提醒作各种打探
grubbing about with your letters and your polite notices,
翻箱倒柜 向我们的债权人泄密
rifling through our drawers, tipping off our creditors.
那时候母亲躺在床上奄奄一息
Mother was on her death bed,
亏你睡觉还照样安稳无忧
not that you lost a moment's sleep over that.
天晓得你安的什么心 -我晓得
God knows why. -I'll tell you why.
我在书房♥撞见了她
I caught her in the study,
翻看过去的家务开支记录 1932年的
going through the old housekeeping records, weren't you? 1932.
你是为了Agnes? -你认识她?
This is all about Agnes, isn't it? -You knew her?
Agnes Parker还是个孩子
Agnes Parker was a child,
她由亲人转交到你们手里时还是个孩子呀
a child when she was handed over to people like you.
她的亲人托付你们好好照料她
Trusted to your care.
她出事的时候 她的亲人伤透了心
And when one morning she wasn't there, it broke her family's heart.
可你们没一个人为她讨回公道
And not one of you had the decency to ask why.
我觉得不舒服 -你肯定不会舒服
I feel sick. -Well, you might.
不 我想吐
No, I feel sick.
父亲? -Clement?
Daddy? -Clement?
他心脏病犯了
It's his ticker.
你的药在哪儿? 你的药!
Where's your tonic? Your tonic!
失陪
Excuse me.
没多少药了 -一口灌了它
There's hardly any left. -Just take a swig.
失陪 -该死的汤
Excuse me. -Damn soup.
开开门通通风
Let's get some fresh air.
抱歉 我真的很抱歉
I'm so sorry. I'm so terribly sorry.
Treadwell小姐 这是什么汤啊
What kind of soup is this, Miss Treadwell?
蘑菇和鼠尾草炖的 但你喝了没问题啊
Mushroom and sage. But you are quite well.
我晚上一般没什么胃口 没怎么喝
Oh, I have no appetite by nightfall.
年纪大了就是没口福
One of the hidden costs of old age.
Treadwell小姐 帮帮我
Miss Treadwell, help me here.
你确定是伯爵杀害了可怜的Agnes?
Are you quite sure in your mind that the Count murdered poor Agnes?
若有其它的线索 请一定...
剧集 | 马普尔小姐探案(2004) | 导航列表