by Inspector Lejeune for quite some time,
却在今天早上不明智地在您家里
was unwise enough to plant a jar of thallium salts in your house
放了一罐铊盐
only this morning.
不 我没有 -别说话
No, I didn't. -Be quiet.
您看 在不清楚您状况的情形下
You see, not knowing of your condition,
Osbourne先生滑稽地让您来扮演恶人
Mr Osbourne amused himself by casting you as the villain of the piece.
马普尔小姐...
Miss Marple...
作为一个无比贪婪 极尽虚荣
And being a very greedy, as well as a very vain
又愚蠢至极的年轻人
and very stupid young man,
他拒绝承认犯下了错误
he refused to admit he'd made a mistake.
更糟的是 他试图通过谋杀Rupert Cottam
Worse, he tried to implicate you further
进一步将您牵扯进来
by murdering Rupert Cottam.
调查谋杀案的时候
Who should we look to
除了和已故上校有夙怨的人之外
if murder was suspected other than the man
我们还会着眼谁呢?
with whom the late captain had such a longstanding and bitter feud?
您怎么会认为是我下的手?
How do you suppose I managed to achieve that?
您自己说中铊毒的症状不是这样的
You said yourself that's not how thallium works.
但你用在Cottam上校身上的并不是铊
But it wasn't thallium you used on poor Captain Cottam.
噢 不
Oh, no.
在厨房♥里 长官 你会发现一罐干甲虫
In the kitchen, Inspector, you will find a jar of dried beetles.
来自芫菁科的斑蝥
Lytta vesicatoria of the meloidae family.
更通俗的叫法 我想 是 西班牙萤
More commonly known, I believe, as "Spanish fly".
在被磨成粉末后
Crushed to a powder,
只需极微小的剂量
and in the minutest doses,
它便可作为一种大名鼎鼎的强力春♥药♥
it has a reputation as a powerful aphrodisiac.
唉
Alas,
就是我看到Lydia Harsnet从Bella Ellis那买♥♥的药剂
the potion I saw Lydia Harsnet buy from Bella Ellis,
我想她们做这交易不是一回两回了
as I believe was their longstanding arrangement,
但那并不是微量的
was of no such minute dose.
而是被人调过
But rather one that had been tampered with
改成了可以致死的剂量
and prepared to a lethal strength.
于是当Cottam上校自愿喝下它时
So that when Captain Cottam drank it, voluntarily,
他的内脏严重烧伤无力回天了
his insides were burned beyond saving.
啊!
Argh!
我说得不对吗 Harsnet夫人?
Is that not the case, Mrs Harsnet?
Lydia?
Lydia?
Kanga 我... 我很抱歉
Kanga, I'm... I'm so sorry.
Ru坚持要喝
Ru insisted.
我们以前也试过的
We'd used it before.
你知道我们的事儿
Well, you know we had.
你!
You!
你这混♥蛋♥!
Wicked, wicked boy!
你怎么敢这样做!
How could you?
即便那时也不能肯定
Even then one couldn't be sure
Paul Osbourne就是幕后主使
that Paul Osbourne was the brains behind it all.
就是那家公♥司♥的神秘老板
The mysterious head of the enterprise.
除非见到他是如何操纵这件事的
Not without seeing how he was going about it.
于是我们让Easterbrook先生
So we asked Mr Easterbrook
导演了一出我们自己策划的谋杀
to commission a little murder of our own.
正如Lejeune督察所言
As Inspector Lejeune says,
没有什么比目击证人的话更可信的了
there's nothing so reliable as an eyewitness.
Corrigan小姐
Miss Corrigan.
这位勇敢的女孩甘愿冒着生命危险
This brave girl put her life at risk.
是这个男人于今早敲你的房♥门说要读表吗?
Is this the man who came to your door this morning to read the meter?
是的! -她说谎
Yes! -That's a lie.
这只是她的一面之词 你们根本一点证据都没有
It's her word against mine. You've not one whit of proof.
噢我们有证据
Oh we have.
有警官监视Corrigan小姐的公♥寓♥
Officers were watching Miss Corrigan's flat.
你被目睹出入过那栋房♥子
You were seen entering and leaving the building.
你说谎!
You're lying!
如果真是这样
If that were the case,
你们早就当场逮捕我了
you would have arrested me there and then.
然后错过你把铊放在
And miss giving you a chance
Venables先生家的精彩一幕?
to plant thallium at Mr Venables' house?
马普尔小姐认为你也许会伺机而动
Miss Marple thought you might go for it.
你也的确这么做了
And you did.
因为傲慢 长官
Hubris, inspector.
一个多年来一直逍遥法外的凶手的自大
The arrogance of a murderer who's escaped justice for so long
认为没有人能够抓到他
he thinks no-one will ever catch him.
你根本就不知道自己在说什么
You have no idea what you're talking about.
也许你说得对
Perhaps you're right.
也许是另一个在12岁时
Perhaps it was another Paul Osbourne
因谋杀罪被捕的Paul Osbourne?
who was imprisoned at the age of 12 for murder?
毒死了自己的继父
Having poisoned his stepfather.
年纪太小而不能被绞死
Too young to hang,
仁慈的法官判处他拘留
he was detained at His Majesty's pleasure,
直到他被认为治愈了 将被释放
until he was deemed cured and ready for release.
但他并没有被治好
But he was not cured.
因为从一开始 除了贪婪金钱以及追逐邪恶之外
For there was nothing wrong with him in the first place
他根本就没有什么病
beyond a greed for money and a propensity for wickedness.
我恐怕 对此是无药可救的
And for that, I'm afraid, there is no cure.
无药可救 -你竟敢...
Save one. -You dare...
..叫我蠢货?
..to call me stupid?
你要是知道...
If you knew...
你要是能意识到丁点儿...我♥干♥过的事
If you had any idea... what I've done.
噢 我知道你做了什么 Paul!
Oh, I know what you've done, Paul!
你杀了Gorman神父
You killed Father Gorman.
啊!
Argh!
现在我终于明白为什么了
And now I know why.
是吗?
Really?
你杀他是因为你想到了Davis夫人或许告诉了他
You killed him because you realised Mrs Davis would have told him
她所知道的一切关于白马酒店的事儿
what she knew of the Pale Horse.
你凭什么推测Davis夫人知道白马酒店的事?
And how do you imagine Mrs Davis knew about the Pale Horse?
这很简单 当我在讣告栏认出
I imagine it began with something as simple
一位客人的名字后 我就推测到了
as recognising a client's name in the obituaries column.
一旦你见着一个 那么...
And once you've seen one, well...
我怀疑Bradly某次从顾客反馈组织往回走的路上
Bradley I suspect she followed Bradley back from one of his trips
被她跟踪了
to the headquarters of Customer Reactions.
或许咨♥询♥了他 跟我们做的差不多
Consulted him perhaps, much the same as we did.
也因此她找到了这里
And that's what led her here.
当然 你不能容忍♥这种事
And, well, you couldn't have that.
于是你毒死了她
So you poisoned her.
你怀疑Davis夫人知道
You suspected Mrs Davis knew the names
所有你的被害者的名字
of all the people you had murdered.
你的感觉没错 她的确列了份名单
Well, you were right. She'd made a list.
你觉得你全都知道了 是吗?
You think you know it all, don't you?
我们来看看谁能笑到最后
We'll see who has the last laugh.
你会后悔的
You'll be sorry.
我猜
I presume by that
你是指我放在梳妆台上的那罐面霜吧
you're referring to the pot of face cream I keep on the dresser?
你加了铊的那罐
The one you laced with thallium.
幸运的是 我放东西一直有个习惯
Well, fortunately for me, I'm rather set in my ways
我总喜欢把那些瓶瓶罐罐上的标签对着自己
and I always keep the labels on my potions turned towards me.
这样要找东西的时候
It's so much quicker
就快多了
to see what you're looking for.
但你已经病了 -就像我说的...
But you're ill. -As I said...
我可能只是因为感冒病倒
I may well be coming down with a cold.
你的头发 -作秀罢了 Osbourne先生
Your hair. -Window dressing, Mr Osbourne.
Grey夫人会同意的
As Mrs Grey will confirm.
魔术小把戏
The trick with magic...
..永远都是给观众变出
..is always to show the audience
他们最想看到的东西
exactly what it is they expect to see.
这样你就看见了
Now you see it.
这样你就看不见
Now you don't.
你...
You...
这个多管闲事的老巫婆
are an interfering old witch.
我要杀了你...
And I'll kill...
你谁也杀不了 至少在你要呆的地方不能
You won't be killing anybody, not where you're going.
把他带出去!
Get him out!
你们会后悔的!
You'll all be sorry!
不会比他更后悔的...
剧集 | 马普尔小姐探案(2004) | 导航列表