剧集 | 小谢尔顿 | 导航列表
可恶
Darn it.
一定是油把黏着剂给溶了
Ah, the oil must've dissolved the adhesive.
好啦
Well...
准备好走了吗
ready to hit the road?
拜托 再等等 我们马上就要解出方法了
Please, not yet. We're so close to cracking this.
再给我们10分钟吧
Just ten more minutes?
行吧
Fine.
-太好啦 -棒啊
- Oh, boy. - Yes!
虽然哥已经离开那所学校
I wasn't even at that school,
但我还是持续提升着学生的平均分数
and I was still boosting its grade point average.
你有生物考卷吗
You got biology?
不好说 你有钱吗
Depends. You got money?
-有 -那我也有
- Yeah. - I got biology.
或许我们可以制♥造♥某种茧来固定它
Perhaps we could create some sort of a cocoon to suspend it.
-用金属线吗 -或尼龙
- Out of wire? - Or nylon.
但我不知道怎么把它编织在球体周围
But I wouldn't know how to weave it around a sphere.
我不是什么天才 但听起来
I'm not a genius, but it sounds to me
你们在说的就是打毛线嘛
like what y'all are talking about is, uh, crochet.
可以这么说吧
I suppose we are.
因为你们可以把毛线打成各种形状的啊
Because with crochet, you can make all kinds of shapes.
有意思
Intriguing.
我就给琼尼打过一个罩子
Hell, I even crocheted a cover for Jolene.
抱歉 什么东西
I'm sorry?
是我的保龄球啦
That's my bowling ball.
她喜欢给无生命体取名字 很怪
She likes to name inanimate objects-- it's odd.
也可以说是迷人的奇思妙想啊
Or whimsically charming.
康妮 你愿意帮助我们探测太阳中微子吗
Connie, would you help us detect solar neutrinos?
真的吗
Really?
你想要我加入你这个科学的东西吗
You-you-you want me to be a part of your science thing?
是的
Indeed.
这个嘛...
Well...
有何不可 行吧
sure, why not.
太好啦
Excellent.
就这样
And just like that,
我姥姥也被科学的魅惑呼唤所吸引
my meemaw had been seduced by the siren call of science.
但在我们揭开宇宙的神秘面纱之前
But before we unravel the secrets of the universe,
我要先去上个厕所
I'm gonna hit the john.
保佑准备餐点的人
And bless the hands that prepared it.
阿门
Amen.
-阿门 -阿门
- Amen. - Amen.
大家都去哪里了
Where is everyone?
小乔治还没回家 谢尔顿跟姥姥还在大学
Georgie's out and Sheldon's at the university with Meemaw.
今晚这餐我的娱乐责任压力山大啊
A lot of pressure on me to keep things fun.
我在想 等会儿吃完饭
Hey, I was thinking after dinner,
我们两个可以去散个步啊
maybe you and I could go out for a walk.
为什么
Why?
杰夫牧师跟布兰达常一起散步 感觉很不错
Pastor Jeff and Brenda have been doing it, might be nice.
那你跟他们一起去就好啦
So go with them.
他们没找她 所以她在不开心
They didn't invite her. She was all upset about it.
所以人家不带你玩 倒霉的却是我吗
Well, you get left out and I get punished?
跟你老婆散步是惩罚 是吗
A walk with your wife is punishment?
换你上场 说点有趣的
You're up, say somethin' fun.
我觉得牧师跟斯巴克斯太太可能是聊比利的事
I think Pastor Jeff and Mrs. Sparks might be talking about Billy.
比利怎么了吗
What's going on with Billy?
他在学校老是惹上麻烦
He's been getting in trouble at school.
这事情哪里有趣了
How is that fun?
这是八卦啊 八卦很有趣
It's gossip. Gossip's fun.
可怜的孩子
Poor thing.
布兰达的确是有说过他还不太适应
Brenda did say he was having trouble adjusting.
或许我等会该去关心一下她
Maybe I should see if she's doing okay later.
好主意 我不用散步了 你干得好
Great idea. I'm not walking, good job.
所以我该用什么材料做这个东西
So what am I making this thing out of?
我们之前是用金属线 但或许
We were using wire, but that might be
这你编织起来不方便
difficult to crochet with.
拜托 只要老娘想
Oh, please, I could crochet barbed wire
我能用一双筷子加带刺铁丝打毛线
with a chopstick if I had to.
我欣赏你的英雄风范
I admire your bravado.
这种时候我们是不是该用女性的"英雌风范"
In this case, isn't it the feminine, "bravada"?
可是我没有听过这个词呢
I've never heard the term "bravada."
咱们还是用"豪气"吧
Let's just go with "Chutzpah."
-豪气是什么意思 -就类似勇气
- What's chutzpah? - It's like moxie.
我的确很喜欢勇气
Oh, I do like moxie.
我佩服你的勇气
I admire your moxie.
但是我认为尼龙线
However, I believe that nylon thread
会是最好的选择
would be the best choice.
没错 其具有化学惰性
True, it's chemically inert and would allow
能让更多光穿过
more light to pass through.
尼龙线
Nylon thread.
没问题
Done.
棒[对女性] 我知道这是个词
Brava. That one I know is a word.
我能问一下
Can I ask...
我们为什么要找太阳中微子吗
why exactly are we looking for solar neutrinos?
其他实验只观测到了半数从太阳产生的
Other experiments have only seen about half the neutrinos
中微子
coming from the Sun.
我们想弄清原因
And we'd like to figure out why.
弄清会怎么样
And what happens if we do?
就能告诉我们 那里正发生什么
They will tell us what kind of nuclear reactions
核子反应
are going on there.
在太阳里吗
In the Sun?
是的
Yes.
这么远 怎么做到
That's so far-- how?
中微子是在太阳核心内生成的
Neutrinos are made deep within the core of the Sun.
它们想要出来
They have to go over a hundred times
必须跨越地球半径百倍的距离
the radius of Earth just to get out.
有点像开一整天车
Mm, kind of like how you can drive
都还没开出德州范围
all day and still be in Texas.
没错 然后它们还得旅行
Exactly, then they have to travel another
九千三百万英里才能到达地球
93 million miles just to get here.
本质上中微子就是
Huh. Neutrinos are essentially
来自太阳中心的直接信使
direct messengers from the center of the Sun.
所以我们才要建原型机
That's why we're building the prototype.
而我能成为其中一份子吗
And I get to be a part of it?
是的
You do.
我去
Damn.
有钱拿吗
Is there any money in it?
-没有 -我去
- No. - Damn.
喂
Hello?
布兰达 是我 玛丽
Hey, Brenda. It's Mary.
是你啊
Oh. Hey.
我打来是想看看你怎么样了
Hi. I was just checking in, seeing how you're doing.
什么事怎么样
How am I doing about what?
我听说比利
Well, I heard that Billy
可能在学校可能不太顺利
might be having a tough time at school.
他会没事的 谢谢你打来
Well, you know what, he'll be fine, so thanks for calling.
好吧
Okay.
如果有什么我能做的
Um, if there's anything I can do,
或者你想找人聊聊
or if you ever want to talk...?
知道了 还有其他事吗
Good to know. Anything else?
没有了 就这样
Uh, no, that was it.
那好 再见
Okay. Bye.
那一晚 我姥姥因为
That night, my meemaw was so inspired
参与我们的科学实验而深受鼓舞
to be part of our science experiment,
她一回家便投入其中
she began working on it as soon as she got home.
她简直进入了忘我境界
She was in the zone.
专心致志
She was focused.
下定决心
She was determined.
同时她也是个嗑了过多披萨的68岁老妇
She was also 68 and had eaten a lot of pizza.
诺贝尔科学奖得主是 康妮·塔克
And the Nobel Prize for Science goes to Connie Tucker!
我的天呀 你们太贴心了
Oh, my goodness, y'all are so sweet.
我想感谢我聪慧过人的外孙谢尔顿
I want to thank my brilliant grandson Sheldon and his pal Dr. Linkletter,
剧集 | 小谢尔顿 | 导航列表