剧集 | 小谢尔顿 | 导航列表
你真是教练吗
Are you sure you're a coach?
团队运动能给人自信 领导能力 纪律性
Team sports provides confidence, leadership, discipline.
保住一份工作也一样
So does holding down a job,
那方面他貌似表现很出色
which he seems to shine at.
我们还是安静吃饭吧
Let's just eat in silence.
行
Fine.
我还是觉得你该看《紫颜色》那本书的
I still think you should have read The Color Purple.
我们都看哭了
We were bawling.
虽然芝士块很美味 但它不是数字
Although tasty, a brick of cheese is not a number.
我们为什么还在聊这个
Why are we still talking about this?
也许我们根本没在说话
Maybe we're not talking at all.
今天的课就上到这里
Okay, that's enough for today.
不是你最精彩的一课
Not your best lecture.
第一次接触哲学的学生
It's fairly normal for first-time
感到世界观被动摇 很正常
philosophy students to have their worldviews shaken.
他们会摆脱这状态吗
Do they snap out of it?
希望会啦
Well, you hope.
埃里克森教授 我坚持...
Professor Ericson, I insist...
你好 康妮 见到你真惊喜
Hello, Connie. What a pleasant surprise.
很抱歉你即将看到我对同事疾言厉色
I'm sorry you're about to see me speak harshly to my colleague.
-尽情骂吧 -埃里克森教授
- Have at it. - Professor Ericson,
我坚持要你和这位年轻人谈谈
I insist that you speak to this young man
给他解释清楚 现实是真实存在的
and explain to him that reality is real,
完全有可能知道某些事是事实
and it's possible to know things as fact.
这门课叫"哲学入门"
The class is called "Introduction to Philosophy."
我只是带他们入门而已
That's what I did.
那就带他"出门"
Well, un-introduce him.
没错 他来我校是因为他有绝佳的科学头脑
Yes, he's at this school 'cause of his brilliant scientific mind,
可我上一节课他一直在聊加工芝士
and he spent my last class talking about processed cheese.
谢尔顿 这是真的吗
Sheldon, is that true?
没有什么是真的
Nothing's true.
你看到你干的好事了吗 你把他毁了
You see what you've done? You broke him.
你今早为什么不想起床
How come you didn't want to get out of bed this morning?
如果我无法知道什么是真实的 还有什么意义
If I can't know what's real, what's the point?
你的话没错
You have the right words.
你只是语气错了
You're just saying them wrong.
不是万念俱灰的"还有什么意义"
It's not, "What's the point?"
而是求知提问 "这个的意义是什么呢"
It's, "What's the point?"
我不明白
I don't understand.
提出这些问题让人激动兴奋
Asking these questions is exciting.
这是我起床的动力
It's what gets me out of bed.
有意思
That's interesting.
理查德·费曼的确说过
Richard Feynman did say
人生最大的乐趣莫过于找到问题的答案
the greatest joy in life is the pleasure of finding things out.
费曼 是那个搞物理的 对吧
Feynman-- he's the physics guy, right?
对 还有 你的香水令人沉醉
Yes. And your perfume is beguiling.
仿佛醍醐灌顶
It's all making sense to me now.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我很乐意帮忙
I am happy to help.
林克莱特博士 我要退选你的课
Dr. Linkletter, I'm dropping your class
把我的专业改成哲学
and switching my major to philosophy.
什么
Uh, what?
真奇妙 今早我还起不了床
It's funny. This morning, I couldn't get out of bed,
现在却有一个全新的研究领域等我去踏足 好激动
and now I stand before a whole new exciting field of study.
或许你不该轻易转专业
Well, maybe instead of making this big switch,
你可以两门课一起修啊
you could study both.
当个物理哲学家之类的
You could be physics-philosophy guy.
你听起来是个逻辑实证论者
You sound like a logical positivist.
这个哲学分支主张
That's a branch of philosophy that maintains
进行哲学探讨的最佳方式是通过科学
the best way to philosophize is through science.
这就对了 就这么做吧
Well, there you go. Do that.
现在就决定专攻的哲学学派有点太早
It may be too early to specialize.
毕竟我才刚当哲学家15分钟左右
I've only been a philosopher for 15 minutes.
你有没注意到林克莱特博士不太开心
Did you notice Dr. Linkletter didn't look too thrilled
因为你要离开科学界
about you leaving science?
他对任何事都是摆出这副不开心脸
He never looks thrilled about anything.
他应该只是长成那样啦
I think that's just his face.
就是你脸上这个表情
That's the face.
特♥价♥ 2-10元
你为什么没去训练
Why the hell weren't you at practice?
现在没空聊 我在上班
Can't talk right now. I'm working.
你必须跟老子说清楚
Well, you're gonna talk about it.
你到底想要我怎么样
What do you want from me?
我不想打橄榄球 我想上班
I don't want to play football. I want to work.
你还有一辈子时间去干一份工作
You have your whole life to hold down a job.
我喜欢我的工作
Hey, I like my job.
而你讨厌你的 与我无关
It's not my problem you hate yours.
随你便吧
Do whatever you want.
为了确定哪个哲学学派最适合我
To figure out which school of philosophy suited me best,
我决定每个都尝试一下
I decided to sample each one.
我也是用这办法决定我最喜欢的燕麦粥口味的
The same way I determined my favorite flavor of oatmeal--
我最爱的是原味啦
plain.
你在干嘛
What are you doing?
我在遵循犬儒哲学
I'm practicing the philosophy of cynicism--
古希腊人认为
the ancient Greek view
人应该无视社会规则
that the rules of society should be ignored.
你要是想打破规矩 你得做更出格一点
If you're gonna break rules, you can do better than that.
怎么做
How?
文艺复兴时期的人文主义
Renaissance humanism is
就是通过艺术找到人体形态的意义
finding meaning in the human form through art.
-我能动吗 -不能
- Can I move? - No.
但我屁屁很痒
But my butt itches.
等我画完你再抠
Scratch it on your own time.
虚无主义者认为任何事物的存在都没有意义
Nihilists believe that there's no point to anything,
因为一切都以虚无告终
because it all ends in nothingness.
我可以看MTV台吗
Mind if I put on MTV?
无所谓 反正我们都会死
Doesn't matter. We're all gonna die anyway.
发人深思啊 傻子
Deep thought, dingus.
传统主义这门学说
Traditionalism is the philosophy
认为最好的生活方式是回到过去
that the best way of life is a return to the past.
你在干什么
What are you doing?
像古人一样自♥制♥黄油
Making my own butter, like in olden times.
蠢毙了
That's stupid.
我手臂到现在还酸着呢
My arms are still sore.
利他主义恪守的原则是
Altruism is the belief that we should live
我们活着只为给他人带来快乐
only by bringing happiness to others.
这些是给你的
These are for you.
谢了
Thanks.
搞毛啊
What the hell?!
利己主义则认为
Egoism is the belief
我们活着只为给自己带来快乐
that we should live only by bringing happiness to ourselves.
真好吃
Mmm. These are pretty good.
先验论者
Transcendentalists were
这类哲学家相信和我们联♥系♥最深的
philosophers who believed that our deepest connection
是自然
is with nature.
我好美哦
I'm beautiful.
然后乔治竟敢说我讨厌我的工作
And then Georgie accuses me of hating my job.
我想过我会沦落到干这个吗 当然没有
Is this where I thought I'd end up? No.
你想过你会沦落到干这个吗
Is this where you thought you'd end up?
我本以为我会在我爸的殡仪馆工作
I thought I'd be working at my father's funeral home
帮死人把眼睛缝起来
sewing people's eyes shut.
我的人生其实变得很美妙
My life turned out great.
恭喜你啊
Well, good for you.
最糟心的是 小乔治好像说对了
The worst part is, I think Georgie's right.
你工作得不开心吗
You're not happy at work?
我可以问问我爸请不请人
I can see if my dad's hiring.
你缝纫技术怎么样
How are your sewing skills?
不是工作
It's not work.
说实话 我不知道我有没有开心的时候
Honestly, I don't know if I'm happy anywhere.
我邀请你们一起喝酒时
Ugh. When I asked y'all to hang for a drink,
可没料到你会这么扫兴
剧集 | 小谢尔顿 | 导航列表