剧集 | 奇异天使 | 导航列表
We've only had one test,
而你想要申请更多的钱
and you want to ask for more money?
不只是更多的钱
Not just more money,
而是多得天妒人怨的钱
an ungodly amount of money.
你总是说我目光局限
You're always saying I need to think bigger.
现在我们需要把这个项目做大
Well, we need to make this project so big,
我们就会成为固定人员 他们就不能
that we become permanent, and t-they can't just
因为改变主意
get rid of us because they change their mind,
或者因为他们突然决定不再需要我们而开除我们
or-or they, they suddenly decide they don't need us anymore.
建成这个机构需要好多年
This facility will take years to build.
在我们奠基之前这场战争就会结束了
This war will be over before we pour the foundation.
这不是他的目的
That's not what he's getting at.
这不仅仅是为了赢得这场战争
It's not just about winning this war,
而是为了赢得未来的每一场战争
it's about winning every war to come.
当我们能够建造可以飞跃大洋的导弹时
When we can build a missile that can cross the ocean,
我们就可以不费一兵一卒
we'll be able to fight a war without ever having to put
而赢得战争
a single soldier on the battlefield.
当我们建造出可以飞跃大洋的导弹时
And when we build missiles that cross oceans,
我们也离建造登月火箭
we're one step closer to building a rocket
更近了一步
that can reach the moon.
但是这个数字是假的
But this figure's a lie.
你在瞎编乱造
You're just making things up.
如果最终可以建成的话 这就不是个谎言
It's not a lie if it's going to come true eventually.
- 康妮 能帮我顶一会吗 - 好的
- Hey, Connie, can you cover me? - Yeah.
我要去吃午饭
I'm gonna take my lunch.
马蒂
Mattie.
瞧瞧你 是个军人了
Look at you, a soldier.
别这样 我过几周就出征了
Please, I'm shipping out in a few weeks.
我唯一想要的就是你们俩能好好谈一谈
All I want is for you two to at least talk to each other.
你知道他们要派你去哪里吗
So do you know where they're sending you?
不知道 就算我知道 我也不能说
No. But even if I did, I couldn't tell anybody.
他的一个指挥官说去欧洲
One of his commanders said it's Europe.
爸爸
Papá...
战争成败可能就在此一举
Might make or break the war.
爸爸 我跟你说了不要告诉别人
Papá, I told you not to tell anybody.
没事的 我能保守秘密
It's okay. I can keep a secret.
理查德也不能谈论他的工作
Richard wasn't supposed to talk about his work, either,
但是他讨厌对我有所隐瞒
but he hated keeping things from me.
那个外国佬
Ah, the gringo.
他怎么样了
How is he?
手上没有戒指
No ring on your finger.
是他临阵退缩了还是你
Did he get cold feet, or did you?
爸爸
Papá...
这样或许更好
Probably better it didn't work out.
我实在不看好你们俩能幸福的生活在一起
Can't say I saw you two living happily ever after.
- 玛丽 别 - 你应该感到庆幸
- Mari, let's not... - You should be grateful
妈妈是那么虔诚
Mom was so devout.
这是她原谅你的唯一理由
It's the only reason she forgave you.
我可不是圣人
Hey, I'm no saint.
别这样 玛丽
Come on, Mari.
妈妈因为癌症去世
Cancer killed Mom.
我希望我从来没告诉过她
I wish I never told her.
你终于承认了
Finally, you admit it.
有些秘密还是埋在心底比较好
Some secrets are better kept.
错在你先到处鬼混
The mistake was you sleeping around in the first place.
你好意思说我
You're judging me?
鬼知道你一直在干什么
God knows what you've been doing all this time.
和外国佬们住一起的女演员
An actress shacking up with gringos.
我做的事情确实不怎么样
I'm not proud of what I did...
但至少在最后时刻
...but at least I was there at the end
我陪在她身边
to hold her hand.
不像你
Unlike you.
你选择了逃避
You... just ran away,
像一个被宠坏的小女孩
like a spoiled girl.
我爱你 马蒂亚斯
Te amo, Matias.
不管你去哪 我都会为你的安全祈祷
Wherever you're going, I'll pray for your protection.
好吧
Fine.
继续逃避吧
Keep running away.
看你最后落得什么下场
See where that gets you.
现在你明白我为什么要离开了
Now you see why I left?
我怎么能原谅他
How could I ever forgive him?
你确定你需要原谅的人是他吗
Are you sure he's the one you need to forgive?
布拉克斯顿将军
General Braxton.
- 杰克 - 我需要好好看一看
- Jack. - I'd like you to take a long, hard look
告诉我你有没有看到问题
and tell me if you see a problem with this picture.
你才是科学家 你说呢
You're the scientist. You tell me.
你看到的东西代表了
What you're looking at represents
整个美国导弹计划
the entirety of the American missile program,
由这三个挤在某个中型工厂的小房♥间里的人
overseen by these three men from a small back room
负责监督
in a midsized factory.
别人可能会从这一切推断 美国♥军♥方
One could extrapolate from all of this that the U.S. Military
并没有和我们的敌人一样严肃对待
isn't taking this endeavor with the same degree of seriousness
这项计划
as our enemy.
这才是我们真正竞争的方法
That is how we compete for real.
这场战争可能就快结束了
This war may be nearing its endgame,
但是军备竞争才刚刚开始
but the arms race is just beginning.
你真的认为你们的导弹最终可以击中东京吗
You really think your missiles could eventually hit Tokyo?
所有技术的本质都是不断的进步
It's the nature of all technology to improve.
你可以比较一下T型车和我们现在驾驶的汽车
Just compare the Model T to what we drive today.
福特T型车(英文:Ford Model T;俗称:Tin Lizzie或Flivver)是美国亨利·福特创办的福特汽车公♥司♥于1908年至1927年推出的一款汽车产品。
你们提出的计划远远超出了
What you're proposing is way beyond anything
我们所谈论过的范畴
we've ever talked about.
我们知道
We know.
如果我向上级汇报了这项
If I run it up the chain of command,
宏图大计 需要多少钱
big picture, what's it gonna cost?
三百万美元 长官
Three million dollars, sir.
我们已经为这项计划取好名字了
And we already have a name for it:
叫JPL
JPL.
杰克帕森斯实验室
J-Jack Parsons Laboratory?
天呐 你口气不小
Jesus. You got balls.
是喷气推进实验室 长官
It stands for Jet Propulsion Laboratory, sir.
别把这当作是赢得这场战争的应对项目
Don't think of this as a line item for winning this war.
把这当作是为了国家未来的订金
Think of it as a down payment on the future of this country.
我终于明白你是如何让大家接受
I finally figured out how you get people to buy into
你脑子里这些疯狂的想法了
every crazy idea that comes into your head.
你说的就像你真的相信这一切可以成真
You just say it like you actually believe it's true.
你总算悟透了
Now you're catching on.
只花了多久 20年
After what, 20 years only?
你瞧瞧
Would you look at that?
看来你今天实现的不止是我们的项目
Looks like you're manifesting all sorts of things today.
你等了很久吗
Were you waiting long?
没有
Not long.
我想告诉你 我临阵脱逃不是因为你
I want you to know I didn't run off because of you.
而是因为我自己
I ran away because of me.
你听上去在撒谎
That sounds like a lie.
婚姻 理查德 婚姻才是谎言
Marriage, Richie. That's the lie.
我小的时候有一个闺蜜 叫莱拉
When I was young, I had a best friend, Lala.
我们两家每周末都聚在一起
Our families spent every weekend together.
然后有一天 我和莱拉提前放学回家
Then, one day, Lala and I came home from school early,
我们发现我爸爸和她妈妈在床上
and we caught my father and her mother in bed.
莱拉没有告诉其他人
Lala kept it a secret,
假装自己什么都没看见
pretending she hadn't seen anything.
但是我告诉了我妈妈
But I told my mother.
你知道她做了什么吗
And you know what she did?
什么都没做
Nothing.
她仍然和爸爸在一起
She stayed with Papá.
她压抑了自己的怒火
But she swallowed her anger
直到愤怒变成了她身体里的癌症
until it became a cancer inside of her.
现在你明白了吗
Now do you understand?
如果你担心我会变成你父亲那样
If you're worried about me becoming your father,
- 我向你保证 - 我不担心你 理查德
- I promise you that... - I'm not, Richie.
剧集 | 奇异天使 | 导航列表