You know, my little Will was there, waiting for Lefty every night.
他才六 七岁
He was 6 or 7,
他年纪太小 还无法理解克利福德·奥德茨
too young to appreciate the radical
激进的左翼宣传
leftist propaganda of Clifford Odets.
扣共♥党♥帽子 打击工会
The red-baiting, union-busting.
但最后
But at the end,
当我们和全场观众互动
when we would get the whole audience involved,
威利喜欢领头发出呐喊
Willie loved to lead the shouts of,
“进攻 进攻 进攻”
"Strike. Strike. Strike."
像一个可爱的小左翼共♥党♥
Like a... cute little lefty communist.
-没事的 奥利弗 -我知道 我没事
- It's okay, Oliver. - I know. I'm fine.
一切都会没事的 对吗 查尔斯
Everything's gonna be okay, right, Charles?
当然了 伙计 你的DNA报告不会有问题的
Sure, buddy. That DNA test is gonna be fine.
可能吧
Probably be fine.
也许会很糟
Could be bad.
谢天谢地
Oh, thank God.
谢天谢地
- Oh, thank God. - Oh.
你们可真会安慰人
Such supportive friends.
可恶 她发布了
Fuck! She dropped it.
欢迎收听今天的《大楼里只有谋杀犯》
Today on Only Murderers in the Building...
我们当时在银约翰的厨房♥
There we were, in the kitchen at the Long John Silver's,
梅布…
when Mabel,
她突然爆发了 切掉了我的手指
she just snapped, chopped off my finger,
连皮带肉斩断 砰地一下
chopped it clean off. Like... Bam!
我的手指就没了
Gone.
然后她把我的手指炸了
And then she deep fried it.
像没事人一样端上餐桌 好像那是油炸玉米饼一样
She served it up like it was nothing. Like it was a hush puppy.
好像那不是我的手指
Like it wasn't even my finger.
你胡说八道
You lying piece of shit!
你觉得她是什么样的人 用你自己的话说
How would you characterize her in your own words?
谁 血腥梅布
Who? Bloody Mabel?
她是个怪物
She's a bloody monster.
请持续关注我们…
Stay tuned as we...
吉米是个喜欢揩油的变♥态♥
Jimmy was this handsy creep,
我第一次推开他时 他摔倒了
and the first time I pushed back, he trips
他那只脏爪子 意外卷进了绞肉机
and gets his grubby little paw caught in the meat slicer.
我是辛达·坎宁
I'm Cinda Canning.
《大楼里只有谋杀犯》的赞助商…
Only Murderers in the Building is brought to you...
好吧 我们来听点别的
Okay, let's listen to something else.
有人要听音乐吗 我喜欢音乐
Music, anyone? I could go for some music.
(最近通话
纽约 希望依旧监狱)
天啊 查尔斯 你在希望依旧有熟人吗
Jesus, Charles. Who's in Hopestill?
除了希望依旧女子监狱的
Besides all the eligible bachelorettes
单身女郎们
of the Hopestill Women's Correctional Facility?
好吧 我存了
Okay, I got, uh,
金斯顿三重唱和四兄弟合唱团的歌♥ 我们可以听听
Kingston Trio and Brothers Four. Could listen to that.
查尔斯 拜托告诉我你没跟珍联♥系♥
Charles, please tell me you're not in contact with Jan.
我没跟珍联♥系♥
I'm not in contact with Jan.
你是有什么毛病啊
What is wrong with you?
背叛 看看他
Ooh, the betrayal. Look at him!
被逮个正着
So caught.
也许此时他正在问自己 要是有时间编个谎话就好了
Probably asking himself if there's time to concoct a lie.
但与此同时
But, at the same time,
因为年纪衰老 迟钝的大脑
lacking the mental dexterity, at his late age,
无法编织一个圆得过去的谎话
to wrestle one into comprehension.
好吧 我跟珍通过电♥话♥
Okay. I have been talking to Jan,
但都是为了破案 一开始是
but it was for the case. Initially.
一开始?
Initially?
我们现在开始约会了
I think we're just dating now?
她说我们从来没有分手
Well, she says we never broke up!
她试图给你下毒 并杀死整栋楼的人 这是合理推断
She tried to poison you and kill the entire building. It's implied.
谢谢 我就是这么说的
Thank you! That's what I said!
那你为什么没有结束跟她的关系
Then why didn't you end it?
因为我…我不知道该怎么结束
Because... I-I... I don't know how.
我不喜欢冲突 我没有甩过任何人
I'm non-confrontational. I've never broken up with anyone.
我通常会用一年时间建立一段感情
I usually spend one year getting into a relationship,
一年时间享受其中
one year enjoying it,
和四年时间试图摆脱
and four years trying to get out.
我今年75岁了
I mean, I'm 75 years old,
我以为我不必再经历这个过程了
and I thought I was in the clear.
我知道我必须跟她分手 但是
I mean, I know I have to break up with her, but, you know,
珍很吓人
Jan is... scary
很性感
and sexy?
让我很难下定决心
And that makes it difficult to do.
我猜这事都怪我父亲
I guess my father is at fault?
他抛弃了我们 导致我没办法离开任何人
He abandoned us, and now I can't bring myself to leave anybody.
她杀了我朋友
She killed my friend.
我知道
I know. I know that.
天啊 查尔斯
Jeez, Charles,
你得把自己的事解决一下了
- you need to get your shit straight. - Mabel, don't...
该死
Fuck!
喂
Hey!
Wha...
天啊 奥利弗 那是什么东西
Jeez, Oliver, what was that?
我称之为“玛丽亚”
I call it the Mariah.
里面有一斤左右的亮粉 一罐橡胶水泥
It's a-a pound of glitter, a jar of rubber cement,
和一点炸♥药♥
and-and just a nugget of C-4.
好极了
Well, cool.
我们抓到他 洗清嫌疑的唯一机会 刚才跑掉了
There goes our best chance at catching him and clearing our names.
多么有价值的播客素材
Generating podcast content that's worth a damn.
都因为这个跑掉的怂包泡汤了
All foiled because of this pussy willow blowing in the wind.
我先走了
See you guys later.
梅布 对不起
Mabel, I'm sorry.
我应该…
I should have...
我只是想走走
I just feel like walking!
我需要一点空间
I need some space.
她没事 每隔三四集她都会来这么一下子
She's fine. This happens every third or fourth episode.
-但你必须跟珍断了 -我知道
- But you do have to end it with Jan! - I know.
这件事会很难 很不愉快
It's just gonna be hard and unpleasant.
也许我不必这么做
Maybe I don't have to.
-但你必须这么做 我们刚刚讨论过了 -不是
- But you do. We just went over it. - No.
也许不必由我来做
Maybe I don't have to.
你这种精神状态能开车吗
Are you good to drive?
好的 我要出去一趟 有消息吗
Okay, I'm heading out. Any messages?
大家很喜欢这一集
People are loving the episode.
吉米很受欢迎
- Mm. - Jimmy's a hit.
干得好 波比
Good job, Poppy!
斯坦利明天三岁了
Oh, Stanley's turning three tomorrow.
你能帮我写张贺卡吗 他不认字 他看不出来的
Can you write me a card? He can't read. He won't know.
我在想你有没有…
I-I was wondering, did you have a chance to, um...
-我们之前说过的那件事 -之前?
- Uh, what we talked about earlier? - Earlier?
之前
Oh, earlier,
你在路易斯面前要求升职
when you asked for a promotion in front of Luís
弄得大家都很尴尬的那件事
and made everyone really uncomfortable.
什么
Oh... What?
你让我很为难 我能怎么说
You put me on the spot. What am I supposed to say?
“不行 你永远别想升职”?
"No, you're never going to be promoted"?
那也太尴尬了
That would have been awkward.
你是个优秀的助理 波比
You are a rock star assistant, Poppy.
你把我的布法罗鸡翅碗里的每一片香菜叶
The way you pluck every last piece of cilantro
都挑出来的样子
out of my buffalo chicken bowl.
像极了外科医生
You're like a surgeon.
谢谢
Thank you.
我在《华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥》实习的时候
When I was an intern at the Post,
凯·格雷厄姆给过我一个很好的建议
Kay Graham gave me a great piece of advice.
她说 “如果你不想要一份工作 就别做得太好”
She said, "Don't be too good at a job you don't want."
她是个贱♥人♥
And she was a real cunt.
又见面了 查尔斯·海登…
Hello again, Charles-Haden S...
萨斯
Sazz.
抱歉 宝贝 我本来都背好了
我只是…
抱歉 宝贝 我本来都背好了
Bear with me here, babe. I'm almost off-book.
剧集 | 公寓大楼里的谋杀案(2021) | 导航列表