剧集 | 南方与北方(2004) | 导航列表
but... I did not.
多少人 多少人拒绝了
How many? How many refused?
这无法避免 我也没办法
I could not avoid it. I was forced into it.
你必须得理解
You must understand.
我理解
I understand.
我以为
I understood...
是发生了最糟糕的事
that the very worst must have happened...
你已经失去了信仰
that you had lost your faith...
或是你觉得上帝希望你
or that you felt that God wished you
去别的地方宣扬他的旨意
to preach His word in these new places.
肯定是发生了
That some very great matter
非常重大的事 你才会让我们举家搬迁
must have happened to make you uproot us all,
带我们来这个遭天谴的地方
dragging us up to this God forsaken place!
玛莉娅
Maria.
你放弃了你的生计
You gave up your livelihood...
我们的收入来源
...our source of income...
就为了一个过场
...on a formality.
不是那样的 玛莉娅
It was not like that, Maria.
真的 真的不是
Really. It IS not like that.
我已经找到工作了 教书
I already have work... teaching.
我还会找到更多的
And I... I will find more.
或许
And... and maybe
我会发现
I will discover
这才是我真正该做的职业
that is my real vocation after all.
这里的人不想学习
The people here don't want learning.
他们不想要书
They don't want books
和文化
and culture.
这里只有金钱和黑烟
It's all money and smoke.
他们吃那个 呼吸那个
That's what they eat and breathe.
你是对的 伊迪丝
And you're right, Edith.
米尔顿是离家很远
Milton is very far from home,
但这里是个有趣现代的地方
but it is quite an interesting and modern sort of place.
这里至少有二十家工厂 都很昌盛
There are at least 20 mills, all very prosperous,
就在城镇附近
in and around the town,
都是这样那样的新工业
and it's full of new industry of one sort or the other.
当然 这里绿化程度远不如海尔斯顿
It is of course not remotely green like Helstone,
而且非常大 我常常迷路
and so large that I often lose my way.
但这里的人还算友好
But the people are friendly enough
几乎总会有人
and there is nearly always someone
会为我指路
to point me in the right direction.
哎呦 这什么情况
'Ey up, what have we got here?
小心 丫头
Watch out, lass!
借过了
'Scuse us!
别这样
Please.
请别这样
Please... Please don't.
住手
Just stop.
别这样
Please... please stop.
-别去烦她 -给你
- Leave the lass alone. - Here y'are!
别去烦她
Leave the lass alone.
她不该那么当真
She shouldn't take on so.
我们只是闹闹
We were only having a bit of fun.
来吧 小姐
Come on, miss.
响休息哨后 要小心你往哪走
Be careful where you walk when the whistle sounds for the break.
别担心 他们不会伤害你
But don't worry, they won't harm you.
他们就是喜欢漂亮脸蛋
They just like a bonny face.
你的脸可美得像画一样
And yours is a picture.
来吧
Come on.
太感激了
I'm... I'm obliged to you.
多谢你 先生
Thank you, sir.
不客气 姑娘
You're welcome, lass.
不收钱 小姐
No charge, miss.
驾 驾驾
Giddy up! Hup, hup, hup!
这个世纪大概是生产力最强的了
So this century was probably the most productive,
光是就...
simply in terms of the number...
父亲工作很努力
Father is working hard.
他教学生 还办讲座
He teaches students and also lectures...
但有些讲座是免费的
though some of it is unpaid...
而且恐怕也并不受待见
...and, I fear, unwanted.
但他情绪很高昂
But he keeps happy.
谢谢
Thank you.
那么 下周日见了
Until, erm... next Sunday.
他在家招待单独的学生
He entertains his private pupils at home.
我们得做出选择 约翰
We have to make a choice, John.
这是很难
Now, it's difficult, I know.
玛格丽特 是你吗
Margaret? Is that you?
玛格丽特 进来吧 玛格丽特
Margaret! Come in, Margaret. Come in.
见见我的新朋友和第一位正式学生
Meet my new friend and first proper pupil,
桑顿先生
Mr Thornton.
这是我女儿 玛格丽特
This is my daughter, Margaret.
您女儿和我已经见过了
I believe your daughter and I have already met.
桑顿先生无法决定该学亚里士多德还是柏拉图
Now, Mr Thornton can't decide between Aristotle and Plato.
我建议我们从柏拉图开始
I suggest we start with Plato
然后再往下学 怎么样
and then move on. What do you think?
恐怕黑尔小姐和我
I'm afraid Miss Hale and I
认识的时候不太愉快
met under less than pleasant circumstances.
我不得不解雇了一个在选料室吸烟的工人
I have to dismissed a worker for smoking in the sorting room.
我看到你打了一个手无寸铁的工人
I saw you beat a defenceless man who is not your equal.
-玛格丽特 -不 她没说错
- Margaret. - No, she's right.
我当时动气了 我脾气不好
I was angry. I have a temper.
火灾是我工厂的第一隐患 我必须严格
Fire is the greatest danger in my mill. I have to be strict.
一个绅士绝不会对一个那样的
A gentleman would not use his fists on such a...
可怜人挥拳
pathetic creature
也不会吼孩子
or shout at children.
我敢说从未有哪位绅士像我那样
I dare say a gentleman has not had to see
在去年五月见到约克郡山脚下躺着的三百具尸体
300 corpses laid out on the Yorkshire hillside as I did last May.
其中很多也是孩子 那还是因为意外起火
And many of them were children. And that was an accidental flame.
整个工厂二十分钟就化为灰烬
The whole mill destroyed in 20 minutes.
我该走了
I should go.
您下周会来吃饭吧
You'll join us for dinner next week?
当然
Oh, yes, of course.
谢谢
Thank you.
我们下周二先从柏拉图讲起
And we'll start with Plato next Tuesday.
等你们安顿好 我会叫我母亲来拜访
I will ask my mother to call when you're settled.
那好
Of course, erm...
随时来
By all means.
我们总在家的 是吧 玛格丽特
We're always here. Aren't we, Margaret?
我承认米尔顿
I'll admit that Milton
并没有什么富丽堂皇的宫殿或艺术品
doesn't have any grand palaces or works of art,
但这里有些迷人的公园 我们每日去散步
but it does have some pleasant parks where we take our daily walk
见见朋友 只要天气允许
and meet our friends, while the weather holds.
你在跟踪我吗
Are you followin' me?
没有 好吧 是的
No. Well... yes.
我无意冒犯
I didn't mean any offence.
我认出你是马尔堡工厂的
I recognised you from Marlborough Mills.
我认得你
I recognise you.
跟桑顿针锋相对
Giving Thornton back as good as he gave.
这种事可不是天天有
You don't see that every day.
我就不耽搁你了
Well, I... I don't want to keep you.
我难道会有什么重要的约会吗
What important appointments might I have.
我要去见我父亲
I'm going to meet my father.
他在一英里外镇那边的汉普工厂工作
He works at Hamper's, a mile across town.
但你在马尔堡工厂工作
But you work at Marlborough Mills.
对
Yes.
这里离家更近
It's nearer home.
而且工作轻松 父亲来了
And the work's easier. Here's Father now.
父亲 这就是我提到的那个小姐
Father? Young woman I told you about.
-桑顿打了史蒂文斯一顿让他滚蛋那天 -对了
- the day Thornton beat up Stephens and sent him packing. - Yes.
他活该 那白♥痴♥拿所有人冒险
He deserved it. Fool put everyone at risk.
你不是这里人吧
You're not from this part of the world, are you?
不是 我是南方来的
No. I'm from the South.
汉普郡
剧集 | 南方与北方(2004) | 导航列表