剧集 | 南方与北方(2004) | 导航列表
别担心 黑尔先生
Now, don't worry, Mr Hale.
我还没忘记我家里躺着的死人
I haven't forgotten who's lying dead at home
以及她多爱你的女儿
and how much she loved your girl.
我这么说吧
I'll just say this.
工会
Being in the union...
就如战争
it IS like being in a war.
战争中总会犯下一些罪行
And with a war comes some crime.
但更大的罪是什么都不做
But it would be a greater crime to do nothing.
保重
Look after yourself.
太太今天看上去很好吧 玛格丽特小姐
Doesn't the mistress look well today, Miss Margaret?
她做了两英寸的针线活
She's done a good two inches of needlework
而且看了信
and she's read her post.
你肖姨妈又寄信来了
More letters from your Aunt Shaw,
请我们去看大博览会
inviting us to the Great Exhibition.
我真希望我能去
Oh, I do so wish I could go.
别担心 我知道我不能去
Don't worry, I know that I shouldn't.
但你该去 玛格丽特 听上去很有趣
But you could go, Margaret. It sounds so exciting.
有熊 大象
With bears and elephants
还有外国人和帝国各地的发明
and exotic people and inventions from all over the Empire.
我不能去伦敦
I can't go to London.
您还...
Not when you're...
除非您好些了
Not until I know you're feeling better.
是啊 但是
Yes, but...
如果你去了 你就可以跟我讲讲
if you went, you could tell me all about it
或许给我带回来点东西
and maybe bring me something back.
那我就有盼头了
And that would give me something to look forward to.
我想想看吧
I'll think about it.
你写信给弗莱德里克了 是吧
You've written to Frederick, haven't you?
现在想起来
Now I think about it...
我担心他来
I'm afraid of him coming...
万一他被抓了呢
in case he should be taken.
都这么多年了
After all of these years
他一直离得远远的 安全度日
that he's kept away and lived safely.
是有危险 但我们会小心的
There is a risk, but we will be careful.
如果我们还在海尔斯顿 大家就知道他是谁
If we were still at Helstone, people would know who he was.
大家会记得
People would remember.
但这里 没人知道在乎我们
While here nobody knows or cares for us
不会注意我们做了什么
to notice what we do.
看来搬家 没有朋友也有些好处
I suppose there's some virtue in being uprooted and friendless.
我很高兴玛格丽特小姐写了信
I'm glad that Miss Margaret wrote.
我本来也打算那么做呢
I was thinking of doing so myself.
迪克森会像龙一样把着门的 是吧
And Dixon will keep the door like a dragon, won't you.
他们想过我这关可得有点本事了
They'll have to be clever to get past me.
我想我们是应该
I suppose it's only right
邀请帝国各地的人前来
that we've invited people from all over the Empire,
虽然有些展品看上去有点奇异
even if some of the exhibits are a little exotic.
我觉得很棒
I think it's wonderful.
就好像整个世界都送到了我们眼前
It seems as though all the world is here for us to see.
机械让我很是叹服
I was impressed by the machinery.
我得说 我从未意识到
I have to say, I never realised
它的力量 还有棉纺有多挣钱
the power of it - and the money to be made from cotton.
或许我们也该进入棉纺业
Maybe WE should go into cotton.
我觉得以你的精力恐怕是做不来的 麦克斯韦尔
I should think it takes a deal more energy than you have, Maxwell.
在伦敦 没有重机械也能挣钱
And we don't need heavy machinery to make money in London.
也不需要忍♥受北方的气候
Nor do we need to suffer the northern climate.
是吧 黑尔小姐
Do we, Miss Hale?
我要问我们之中的专家
I ask the expert amongst us.
是啊
It's true.
米尔顿的空气不太干净
The air is not so clean in Milton.
玛格丽特一直很有主张 亨利
Margaret has always had a mind of her own, Henry.
你们都是来看漂亮机器的
You're all here to see this fine machinery.
科技上 我们令世界羡慕
Technologically, we're the envy of the world.
如果有什么装置能让我们都和平共处就好了
If only there was a mechanism to enable us all to live together,
利用工业带来的巨大好处
to take advantage of the great benefits that come from industry.
但那得是后代人的福气了
But that will be for future generations.
我们可以把小猿从莫桑比克带回来
We can bring back marmosets from Mozambique,
但我们无法阻止人一如既往地行事
but we cannot stop man from behaving as he always has.
你不认为我们可以终结罢♥工♥吗
Don't you think we can bring about an end to strikes?
我这辈子没指望了
Not in my lifetime.
但来日方长 如果有耐心
But with time and patience,
我们或许能让他们摆脱怨愤
we might try to bleed them of their bitterness.
黑尔小姐就知道米尔顿的人堕落到了什么程度
Miss Hale here knows the depths we men in Milton have fallen to.
我们这些主子都拼尽全力欺压工人
How we masters only strive to grind our workers into the ground.
我绝不是那么想的
I certainly do not think that...
桑顿先生也能告诉你们
as Mr Thornton could tell you,
如果他对我有一点了解的话
if he would know me at all.
我曾自以为了解你的心意 但却会错意
I've presumed to know you once before and have been mistaken.
黑尔小姐 真高兴
Miss Hale! How delightful.
你可算来伦敦了
You've managed to come to London at last.
母亲准许了 但只是因为约翰也要来
Mother allowed it only because John was coming,
还有拉蒂默小姐 她很喜欢她
and Miss Latimer, of course, who she approves of greatly.
她似乎觉得她比我理智多了
Seems to think she's far more sensible than me.
亨利
Henry.
你认识桑顿先生吗
Do you know Mr Thornton?
桑顿先生 从米尔顿远道而来
Mr Thornton. All the way from Milton.
我弟弟也有意涉足棉纺业
My brother is interested in dabbling in cotton.
那恐怕不该来找我
I'm not sure I'm the one to speak to.
我恐怕不知道该怎么"涉足"
I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble.
我得走了
I must go.
你们看机器可能像在动物园里看猴
You may enjoy the machinery like an exhibit in the zoo.
但我还得跟它一同生活
I have to go and live with it.
我今天就得回米尔顿
I must get back to Milton today.
替我们向黑尔夫妇问好
Give our regards to the Hales.
你得告诉他们
You must tell them
伦敦之行对黑尔小姐很有好处
how the London break is suiting Miss Hale.
不是吗 桑顿
Don't you think, Thornton?
黑尔小姐看上去很好吧
Doesn't Miss Hale look well?
日安
Good day.
告诉母亲我就回去 有很多话可以对她说
Tell Mother I'll be home soon, with so much to tell her.
约翰真刻板
John is such a stick-in-the-mud.
那是谁 是我们该认识的人吗
Who was that? Is it anyone we should know?
可怜的桑顿
Poor Thornton.
我叫他来的
I tempted him down here
想为马尔堡工厂筹点资金
to try to raise finance for Marlborough Mills.
他不得不面对各种问题
And he's had to face all kinds of inquiries.
高不可攀的伦敦人
Starry-eyed Londoners
以为自己弹个指响
who think they only have to snap their fingers
就能在棉纺业挣大钱
to make a fortune in cotton.
我以为一个制♥造♥商
I'd hardly have thought a manufacturer
不会喜欢这样的展览呢
would have appreciated a show like this.
你错了
No, you're wrong.
我经常听到他和我父亲谈话
I've heard him talk often with my father.
他对这世界很感兴趣
He's very interested in the world.
真的
Really.
这我很清楚
I know him to be.
太太很抱歉让您久等 桑顿太太
The missis is sorry for keeping you waiting, Mrs Thornton.
请您上来吧
Would you please come up?
我女儿玛格丽特
My daughter Margaret...
我就要死了
I will be dead soon.
我希望你能照顾她
I want you to look after her.
我的妹妹
My own sister...
她总出去旅行
she travels, often.
玛格丽特没有女人引导她
Margaret has no woman's guidance.
我相信你女儿都自己做决定
I'm sure your daughter makes her own choices.
我无法让她改主意
I cannot make her change her mind.
她已经做出了决定
She has already made her decisions.
她怎么离开了 既然你情况这么糟
I'm surprised she's not here, as you're not well.
我逼她去了
I made her go.
我之前感觉好多了 但
I...I was feeling a great deal better, but...
我希望你能做玛格丽特的朋友
I wish you to be a friend to Margaret.
剧集 | 南方与北方(2004) | 导航列表