剧集 | 南方与北方(2004) | 导航列表
他们俗世的困扰和忧虑都永远结束了
their worldly struggle and cares over forever.
我们活着哀悼他们的人这下要过得更加艰难了
How much harder now for those of us who are left behind to mourn.
打扰 小姐
Excuse me, miss.
来了位警探
It's a police inspector.
我叫他走了
I...I told him to go away, but
但我不想打扰老爷
I didn't want to disturb the master.
-他说他有什么事了吗 -没有 小姐
- Did he say what he wanted? - No, miss.
我叫他进来 带他去了老爷的书房♥
I've let him in and shown him to the master's study,
但他要见的是你
but it's you he wants to see.
请原谅 女士 在这种时候造访
I beg your pardon, ma'am, especially at such a time.
我由于职责所在 得问您几个问题
My duty obliges me to ask you a few plain questions.
一个男人死在了医院 我们认为他之前摔倒了
A man's died at the infirmary, following a fall, we think,
他跟人在离镇车站
after a fight at outwards station
晚上11点到12点之间打了一架
between the hours of 11 and 12 at night
时间是26日周四
on Thursday the 26th.
当时 这一架似乎没有严重后果
At the time, the fight didn't appear to be of much consequence.
医生认为他严重酗酒
Doctors think he had a bad drinking habit
内脏有些问题
and some internal complaint.
但要举♥行♥审讯
There will have to be an inquest.
目击证人 杂货店助理
The witness, a grocer's assistant,
称打架是因为
stated that the fight was precipitated by some
有人醉酒后对一位年轻女士无礼
drunken impertinence to a young lady
她当时正跟一个男人在车站
who was walking with a man at the station.
有理由认为
There is some reason to believe that
那位年轻女士就是你 女士
that young lady might be you, ma'am.
我当时没在那儿
I was not there.
证人说 那位女士十分俊俏
The witness said the lady was remarkably handsome.
他
He, er...
他指认那位女士是克兰普顿的黑尔小姐
he identified the lady as a Miss Hale from Crampton,
他们家是店里的常客
whose family frequent the shop.
您是唯一的来自克兰普顿的黑尔小姐
You are the only Miss Hale from Crampton.
我不知道
Why, I..I don't know.
警探 我虽然很想承认自己
Inspector, much as I would like to own up to being...
十分俊俏
remarkably handsome,
但很抱歉 我得再说一次 这肯定是个误会
I'm sorry that I have to repeat that there has been some mistake.
-我没在那儿 -这样啊
- I was not there. - I see.
您还有别的问题要问我吗 警探
Do you have any more questions for me, Inspector?
没了 女士
No, madam.
您绝对否认您是那位女士
I have your absolute denial that you were that lady?
很遗憾
I'm sorry that he...
这人死了
that this man is dead.
但我当时不在那儿
But I was not there.
如果 我的证人坚持称
It may be that if my witness insists that
当时在离镇车站的那人就是你
it was you at outwards station at that time and place,
那我可能得传召你参加审讯
then I may have to summon you to an inquest
提供不在场证明
to provide an alibi.
希望您原谅我的无礼
I hope you'll forgive me for seeming impertinent.
我必须尽责
I have to do my duty.
桑顿先生
Mr Thornton!
梅森 有什么事
Mason. What's new?
我们在停尸房♥见到的那人
The man we saw at the mortuary.
是的 莱纳德斯 是吧
Yes. Leonards, wasn't it?
他是个酒鬼
Well, he was a drunk, obviously,
但他的确是死于暴♥力♥
but he met his death by violence almost certainly.
我母亲的一位女仆是他的未婚妻
Only, one of my mother's servants was engaged to him.
她今天非常悲痛
She's in great distress today.
您是黑尔先生的朋友吧 先生
Am I right in thinking you are acquainted with a Mr Hale, sir?
是的 怎么了
Yes, indeed. What of it?
就是 此人和他的死
It's just that this man and his death
跟黑尔小姐扯上了关系 先生
is mixed up with Miss Hale, sir.
我有确凿证据表明
I have a very secure chain of evidence
一位跟黑尔小姐一起在车站的先生
that a gentleman walking out with Miss Hale at the station
正是与莱纳德斯动了手
was the same fought with Leonards
甚至可能导致了他死亡的人
and may well have caused his death.
但那位女士否认她当时在那里
But the young lady denies she was there at the time.
你确定吗
Are you sure?
日安
Good day to you!
我是说
I mean...
你确定当时与她在一起的人跟这案子有关
Are you sure the man she was with is connected to the death?
这是哪天晚上 什么时间
What evening was this? What time?
26日周四 晚上11点到12点之间
Between 11 and 12. Thursday the 26th.
先生
Sir?
黑尔小姐否认她当时在
Miss Hale denies she was there?
那么
So...
您能看得出我的麻烦 先生
You can see my problem, sir.
我有位证人很确定自己看到了黑尔小姐
I have a witness who's pretty positive he saw Miss Hale,
虽然我告诉他 她否认了
even though I've told him of her denial.
要举♥行♥验尸审讯
There'll be a coroner's inquest.
身份确认争议是很尴尬的
Disputed identifications are very awkward.
我们不愿怀疑一位受尊敬的年轻女士的话
One doesn't like to doubt the word of a respectable young woman.
她否认她当时在车站
She denies she was at the station?
否认了两次 十分坚决
Twice. Very emphatic about it.
我告诉她我还会再去找她的
I did tell her I'd have to ask her again.
我觉得 既然您是她家的朋友
I thought if you were a friend of the family...
是啊
Quite right.
见到我之前不要做什么 我会去查的
Don't do anything until you see me again. I will look into it.
不能给简放一周的假吗
Can't we give Jane the week off?
她离了那混♥蛋♥莱纳德斯更好
She's better off without that scoundrel Leonards, you know.
你知道仆人是怎么说玛格丽特的吗
You know what the servants are saying about Margaret.
天黑之后跟男人出去
Out after dark with a gentleman.
我不知道 也不在乎他们说了什么 母亲
I do not know or care what they say, Mother.
您也该如此
And nor should you.
您来得好晚
You have come very late.
-怎么样 -抱歉让您久等 女士
- Well? - Sorry to have kept you waiting, ma'am.
我之前还得去见其他人
I've had other people to see before now,
否则我会早点来的
otherwise I would have been here sooner.
终究不会对莱纳德斯的案子展开审讯了
There is, after all, to be no inquest in the Leonards case.
那么不会再做调查了
So there is to be no further investigation?
给您 这是桑顿先生的字条
Here. I have Mr Thornton's notes.
-桑顿先生 -是的
- Mr Thornton? - Yes.
他是本案的地方法官 他也是我的熟人
He's a magistrate in the case. He's also an acquaintance of mine.
我把难处告诉了他
I told him of the difficulties.
不会进行审讯
There will be no inquest...
没有足够医疗证据
Not enough medical evidence.
不要再调查了 我承担全部责任
Take no further steps. I... take full responsibility.
谢谢
Thank you.
桑顿先生 他
Mr Thornton, he...
知道我当时不在吧 不在车站
understood that I wasn't there? At the station?
是的 当然
Yes. Of course.
很抱歉我怀疑了您的话 女士
I'm sorry to have seemed to have doubted your word, ma'am.
证人言之凿凿的
The witness was so positive.
但现在他知道自己看错了
But now he knows he was mistaken.
他希望他没有冒犯您
He hopes he hasn't caused offence.
那么
So...
晚安了 女士
good evening, ma'am.
我这就走了
I'll be on my way now.
没事了 迪克森
It's all right, Dixon.
事情已经解决了
The matter has been resolved.
结束了
It's over.
父亲在起居室等你
Father is waiting in the sitting-room.
桑顿先生
Mr Thornton?
-我得感谢你 -不
- I have to thank you. - No.
不用感谢
No thanks.
我不是为了你
I did not do anything for you.
你不知道这样的不慎对你是多大的风险吗
Do you not realise the risk you take in being so indiscreet?
你不解释一下
Have you no explanation
你那晚在车站的行为吗
for your behaviour that night at the station?
你可以想象我会怎么想
You must imagine what I must think.
桑顿先生 求你
Mr Thornton, please...
我知道你肯定是怎么想我的
I'm aware of what you must think of me.
剧集 | 南方与北方(2004) | 导航列表