剧集 | 南方与北方(2004) | 导航列表
I feel guilty that we do not go hungry,
看到这么多痛苦却没什么办法
and helpless in the face of so much suffering.
她今天情绪不太好
She's a bit down in the mouth today.
罢♥工♥持续太久了
The strike's been going on too long.
你怪我吗
Do you blame me?
鲍彻一家呢
What about the Bouchers?
我在门外放了个小篮
I left a basket outside the door.
他不像父亲那么有斗志 又要养活更多的人
He's got less spirit than Father and more mouths to feed.
主子会想尽办法把他们召回去
The master'll try anything to get them back.
你要怎么阻止他们打破罢♥工♥回去复工
How are you gonna stop 'em going to work while you all stay out?
我们会很有说服力的
We'll be persuasive.
在我们南方那边
Where I come from in the South
如果农工罢♥工♥
if the field labourers strike,
就没人播种 也不会有收成了
the seed would not be sown and there'd be no harvest.
怎么
So?
那农场怎么办啊
What would become of the farms?
那农民就只能放弃
Well, the farmers would have to give them up
要么就给合理的工钱
or maybe they could pay a fair wage for once!
如果他们付不起呢 哪怕他们想
Suppose they couldn't, even if they wished to?
那他们就没粮食可卖♥♥
Then they'd have no corn to sell
第二年更付不起工钱了
and no wages to pay the next year.
我不知道南方怎么样
I don't know about the South!
听说那里有很多受压♥迫♥的苦闷的人
I've heard there are a lot of unspirited, downtrodden men.
是我无知了
I'm sure I'm very ignorant.
但总不会所有主子都毫无理由地克扣薪酬吧
But surely not all the masters would withhold pay with no reason.
你是个外来客 你什么都不知道
You're a foreigner. You know nothing.
去他的桑顿
To hell with Thornton's,
斯里克森
Slickson's,
汉普
Hamper's.
去他们的
To hell with the lot of them.
桑顿先生真的跟其他人一样糟吗
Is Mr Thornton really as bad as the rest?
他是个斗士 像斗牛犬一样凶猛
He's a fighter, fierce as a bulldog.
他总比斗牛犬帅气点
He's better looking, surely, than a bulldog?
他会像狗一样说到做到 这我承认
He'll stick to his word like a dog, I'll give him that.
他值得与之共同奋斗 这是我最高的褒奖了
He's worth fighting with. That's the best I'll say for him.
我不想跟你吵 小姐
I'll not argue with you, miss.
回见了 丫头
See you later, lass.
他不是有意吼的 他们现在都很紧张
He doesn't mean to shout. They're all nerves at the minute.
-他去哪 -金龙酒吧
- Where's he going? - Golden Dragon.
他有时会喝一杯来平复情绪
He has a pint pot to calm himself sometimes.
他虽然语气坚定
He talks so certain,
但他担心能不能维持罢♥工♥
but he's worried about keeping the strike together.
人很多
There's a lot of men,
而他们不都像父亲那么克制
and not all of them have the same discipline as Father.
桑顿太太
Mrs Thornton!
希望今晚对您来说够安静 黑尔先生
I hope it is silent enough for you tonight, Mr Hale.
工人们好心地罢♥工♥了一个月
The men have been gracious enough to turn out for the last month
所以我们可以安静地享受晚宴了
so all is quiet for our dinner party.
很遗憾你母亲病了
I'm sorry that your mother is ill.
不会有什么大事 她就是有点疲惫
It's nothing serious, I'm sure. She is just a little tired.
不知她想不想试试水床垫
I wonder if she might like to try the water mattress.
是新玩意 里面是水的床垫
It's the very latest thing, a mattress that fills with water.
让后背可舒服了
Gives great comfort to the back.
你病了吗 桑迪小姐
Have you been ill, Miss Thornton?
没有 我就是身子娇弱
Oh, no, no. I am very delicate.
我去买♥♥了最新的发明 以防万一
I send off for the latest inventions, just in case.
母亲并不赞成
Mother doesn't approve.
桑顿 晚上好
Thornton, good evening.
斯里克森 晚上好
Slickson, good evening.
亨德森
Henderson.
沃森
Watson.
桑顿
Thornton.
我冒昧地不请自来了
I took the liberty of inviting myself,
我知道你母亲好客
knowing your mother's hospitality.
希望你不是在担忧马尔堡工厂
I hope you're not worrying about Marlborough Mills?
我们能像以往那样挺过罢♥工♥
We'll ride out the strike just as we always have.
我一直对你有绝对的信心 桑顿
I've always had complete faith in you, Thorton,
但显然 目前的情况
but obviously in the present situation...
没什么我解决不了的
It's nothing I can't handle.
当然了
No, of course not.
桑顿对生意十分精通
Thornton knows everything in matters of business.
我完全相信他
He has my every confidence.
-桑顿 -你认识拉蒂默小姐吗
- Thornton. - Do you know Miss Latimer?
桑顿 那位美丽的女士是谁
Thornton, who's that fine young lady?
瞧 我在学习米尔顿的习俗 桑顿先生
See, I am learning Milton ways, Mr Thornton.
很遗憾你母亲不能来
I am sorry your mother was unable to join us.
桑顿 我得跟你说句话
Thornton, I must speak with you.
失陪
Excuse me.
-你给兵营捎信儿去了吗 -去了
- Have you left word at the barracks? - It's been done.
骑兵 持械
Men on horseback, armed?
安排都布置妥当了
All those arrangements have been made.
如果他们发现你打算打破罢♥工♥
If they find out you are planning to break the strike
招来爱尔兰工人
by bringing in Irish workers...
我自己冒险 你不必加入的
I take this risk for myself. You need not join in.
我能 也会保护自己和所有为我工作的人
I can and will protect myself and anyone that works for me
不受任何暴♥力♥袭击
from any kind of violence.
我真心希望是如此
I sincerely hope so.
真是的 桑顿今晚真没风度
Well, really, Thornton is most ungallant this evening,
离开这里最美的女人
leaving the most glorious woman in the room
去跟那个滑头斯里克森说话
to talk to that slimy eel Slickson.
那么 我们要把你介绍给谁呢
Now, then, who can we introduce you to?
跟我来
Come with me.
我听说阿诺德要收拾东西搬去美国了
I hear Arnold is moving, lock, stock and barrel, to America.
美国 真没想到
America? I'll be damned.
我也想这么干 收拾东西走人
That's what I'd like to do, pack up and leave.
让那些该死的罢♥工♥者没活儿干
The damn strikers'd have no work at all then.
他们现在也没工作
Well, they have no work at the moment.
工作是有的 他们不肯做
There is work. They choose not to do it.
桑顿 你怎么想
Thornton? What do you think?
我觉得贝尔先生又玩老把戏了
I think our Mr Bell is up to his old tricks,
拿我们这些没那么聪明的人开玩笑
playing with words at the expense of us simpler fellows.
但这是个严肃的问题
But it's a serious question.
我不想去别国生产
I don't want to manufacture in another country
但其他人如果
but it's logical for others to try
在这里无法盈利也理当一试
if they cannot make a profit here.
你觉得呢 黑尔小姐
What do you think, Miss Hale?
你肯定不会批评罢♥工♥者
Surely you don't condone the strikers.
的确
Well, no.
也不是
And yes.
努力去看到问题的两面是好事
It is surely good to try to see both sides of a question.
亚瑟太太看到你那天下午
Mrs Arthur saw you taking a basket
带着小篮去了普林斯顿区
to the Princeton district the other afternoon.
我在普林斯顿有个好朋友
I have a good friend in Princeton.
她叫贝茜·希金斯
Her name is Bessy Higgins.
希金斯
Higgins?
他不是你的工会领袖吗 汉普
Isn't he one of your union leaders, Hamper?
嗯
Yeah.
他是个厉害的煽动者
He's a terrific firebrand.
很危险
A dangerous man.
黑尔小姐 没想到你还结交这种人
I'm surprised, Miss Hale, that you keep such company.
贝茜是我的朋友 尼古拉斯有点...
Bessy is my friend. Nicholas is a little...
尼古拉斯 这都直呼其名了
Nicholas? She's on first... name terms?
希金斯先生因为境况而有些不顾一切
Well, Mr Higgins has been made a little wild by circumstances.
但我相信他的话都是肺腑之言
But he speaks from his heart, I'm sure.
既然他那么坚定 居然还会接受施舍
Well, if he's so determined, I'm surprised he'll accept charity.
他不是为了自己
Well, he doesn't for himself.
小篮是给一个有六个孩子在挨饿的人
The basket was for a man whose six children are starving.
那他知道该怎么办
Ah, well. Then he knows what to do.
回去工作
Go back to work.
这个可怜的挨饿的人
I believe this poor starving fellow
在马尔堡工厂工作吧 玛格丽特
剧集 | 南方与北方(2004) | 导航列表