剧集 | 南方与北方(2004) | 导航列表
走 滚 别再回来
Go on! Get out and don't come back!
快走 走
Go on! Go on!
别再来这里露脸
And don't show your face in here again!
虽然秋日渐寒
Although the autumn is turning chilly,
我还是决心坚持每日散步
I am still determined to take my daily walk.
我无法说服父亲也一起来
I cannot persuade Father to join me.
母亲死后 他就很低落
He has been very cast down since Mother's death.
他待在家里 不与人交际
He keeps to the house and his own company
也没有多少来客会去打扰他
and he has very few visitors to disturb him.
那个希金斯来了
That man Higgins is here.
带他上来 迪克森
Show him up, Dixon.
要是你看到了他的鞋子
If you saw his shoes
就会说带他去厨房♥更合适
you'd say the kitchen were a better place!
他总可以把鞋擦干净吧
He can wipe them, surely.
我一直在找工作
I've been looking for work.
一直记着说话要客气
Been keeping a civil tongue in my head
不管别人对我说什么
not minding who says what back to me.
当然 这不是为我自己 是为了他
I'm doing it for him, of course, not me.
鲍彻
Boucher.
也不是为他
Well, not for him.
他现在已经不需要我帮忙了 是他的孩子
He doesn't need my help where he is, but his children.
但我需要您帮忙 老爷 如果您愿意
But I need your help, Master, if you'll give it.
很乐意 但我能做什么
Gladly. But what can I do?
小姐常提起南方
Well, Miss here has often talked about the South.
我不知道那里有多远
I don't know how far it is.
但我在想 如果我能去南方
But I've been thinking if I can get down there, where
那里食物便宜 薪水也不错 人又和善
food is cheap and wages are good and people are friendly...
或许您能帮我在那里找到工作
maybe you can help me get work there.
什么样的工作
What kind of work?
我很会用铲子
I'm thinking I'm good with a spade.
你不能离开米尔顿去南方
You mustn't leave Milton for the South.
你会受不了那无聊的生活的
You couldn't bear the dullness of life.
会像锈一样慢慢侵蚀你
It would eat away at you like rust.
别再想了 尼古拉斯 求你
Think no more of it, Nicholas, I beg you!
尼古拉斯
Nicholas,
你去马尔堡工厂找过工作吗
have you been to Marlborough Mills for work?
嗯 我去过桑顿的厂
Aye, I've been to Thornton's.
监工叫我滚
The overlooker told me to be off and...
叫我马上离开
told me to go away, sharpish.
你能再试试吗 如果你能我会很高兴
Would you try again? I... I should be so glad if you would.
桑顿先生肯定会公平地看待你
Mr. Thornton would judge you fairly, I am sure,
只有他有这机会
if given the chance.
那我得放下骄傲
It would take my pride.
我宁可挨饿
I think I'd rather starve.
如果您能想到什么 老爷
If you can think of anything, Master.
当然
Well, of course, of course.
谢谢
Thank you.
那晚安了
I'll bid you goodnight.
我真遗憾 尼古拉斯
I am sorry, Nicholas.
你的鞋在火炉边烤着
You'll find your shoes by the fire.
他是个骄傲的人
He is a proud man.
但是
Still,
这些米尔顿男人有很多值得钦佩的品格
there are qualities to be admired in these Milton men.
或许 上帝终究来到了这里
Maybe... God has found His way here after all.
如果他和桑顿先生能好好谈谈就好了
If only he and Mr. Thornton could speak man to man!
如果他能忘记桑顿先生是个主子
If he could forget Mr. Thornton is a master
让他将心比心
and appeal to his heart!
我的天 玛格丽特
My word, Margaret!
承认南方也有不是
To admit that the South has its faults
而桑顿先生也有优点
and that Mr. Thornton has his virtues!
究竟发生了什么让你出现这样的转变
What has happened to bring about such a transformation?
桑顿太太 谢谢您抽时间来见我们
Mrs. Thornton. Thank you for sparing the time to visit us.
我父亲不能下来 但您的好意会令他感动的
My father is detained but he'd be touched by your kindness.
谢谢您寄来的关切之语
Thank you for your kind messages.
我们非常感激
We're so grateful.
我姨妈给我寄来了一首意大利小曲的谱子
My aunt has sent me details of a little Italian tune
桑顿小姐之前向我问起过
that Miss Thornton asked me about.
黑尔小姐
Miss Hale.
我这次来恐怕不是
I'm afraid I did not visit
为了满足范妮对轻音乐的渴望
to indulge Fanny's thirst for light music.
我要履行责任
I have a duty to perform.
我向你母亲保证过
I promised your mother
如果我知道你做错了事 我会向你进言
that if I knew you had acted wrongly I would offer you advice,
不管你听不听
whether you chose to take it or not.
所以 当我从我的一个仆人那里得知
So, when I learned from one of my servants
你入夜后 被人看到跟一个男人在一起
that you had been seen out after dark with a gentleman
我觉得理当警告你 不该有如此不得体的行为
I thought it right to... to warn you against such impropriety!
-很多年轻女子名誉扫地 -桑顿太太
- Many a young woman has lost her character... - Mrs. Thornton!
我相信我母亲绝不是希望我 被人羞辱
I'm sure my mother never meant me to be... exposed to insult.
不管桑顿先生对您说了什么
Whatever Mr. Thornton has told you...
-我可以保证 -我儿子没跟我说过什么
- I can assure you... - My son has told me nothing.
你根本不了解你拒绝的男人
You know nothing of the man you rejected.
如果他知道什么
If he has any knowledge of this,
他也像任何君子那样 什么都没说
he keeps it to himself as any man of honor would.
当然了
Of course.
我不怀疑
I don't doubt it.
我无法给您个解释
I cannot give you any sort of explanation.
我做错了事
I have done wrong
但并不是您想的 或暗示的那样
but not in the way you imagine or imply.
我不喜欢我儿子对你的爱恋
I did not approve of my son's attachment to you.
我觉得你不配
You did not seem worthy to me.
但我为他做好了准备
But I was prepared, for his sake.
暴♥动♥那天 你的行为
Your behavior on the day of the riots
让你成了仆人的话柄
exposed you to the comments of servants.
但等我儿子向你求婚 你又改了主意
But by the time my son had proposed you'd changed your mind.
或许是这个情人
Maybe this other lover...
您一定很瞧不起我 太太
You must think very little of me, madam.
我并不遗憾你拒绝了我儿子
I can't claim to be sorry you refused my son.
我很高兴
No, I'm glad.
尤其是现在 你成了流言蜚语的主角
Especially now, when you expose yourself to gossip and ridicule.
我不要再听下去了
I won't listen to you any more.
我拒绝回答您的问题 失陪了
I refuse to answer your questions. Excuse me.
-我得跟您谈谈 先生 -现在没空
- I need to talk to you, sir. - I can't stop now.
你看到新的数字了吗
You've seen the new figures?
我原本希望现在已能减少银行负债了
I'd hoped to reduce the bank loan by now.
可惜太多钱绑在新机械上了
It's a pity so much is tied up in the new machinery.
我之前需要添机器 我们当时状况很好
I needed the machinery. Because we were doing well.
我们接到了大订单 我需要大量购买♥♥棉花
We had large orders. And I needed the cotton in bulk.
显然我没想到
Obviously I wasn't expecting
我们不能完成订单
not to be able to fulfill the contracts.
但你们复工已经有一阵了
But you've been back to work for a good while now.
但我们进度还是落后的
But we're still behind with the orders
而且我们想赶上来得...
and we'll not catch up for...
我们大概是赶不上了
It's not looking like we will catch up.
好吧
Well,
银行可以给贷款延期
the bank can extend the loan.
暂时的 但我们得小心
Temporarily. But we'll have to be careful.
我觉得从没有人说我不小心
I don't think anyone has ever accused me of being careless!
或轻浮
Or frivolous!
原谅我
Forgive me.
我不知我当初该如何避免
I don't know how I could have prevented this
现在又该怎么办
or what to do next.
是有一些更...现代的金融手段
Well, there are more... modern financial procedures.
投资
Investments.
如果我听说这样的事 可以告诉你一声
I could let you know when I hear of any such schemes.
投机吗
Speculation?
我不会把一切赌在什么愚蠢的金融计划上
I'll not risk everything on some idiot money scheme.
如果再这么下去
Well, if matters carry on like this
你可能就不剩什么能拿来冒险的了
you might not have anything left to risk.
先生
Sir?
剧集 | 南方与北方(2004) | 导航列表