剧集 | 南方与北方(2004) | 导航列表
My name is Margaret Hale. Who are you?
我是威廉姆斯 桑顿先生的工头
I'm Williams, Mr Thornton's overseer.
他叫我来替你父亲找房♥子
He asked me to look out properties for your father.
这里的年租金是多少
How much is the rent for the year?
这些细节桑顿先生会跟您父亲商谈
These are details Mr Thornton will discuss with your father.
您没必要担心钱的问题 女士
There's no need to concern yourself with money matters, ma'am.
我不知道你的桑顿先生是谁
I've no idea who your Mr Thornton is.
我多谢他劳心
I thank him for his trouble,
但我父亲和我在一起找房♥子
but my father and I are sharing the task of securing a property.
我已经在米尔顿看了两天房♥
I've spent two days viewing what Milton has to offer,
我对价位有一定了解
so I have a fairly good idea of price.
桑顿先生认为这栋房♥子会很适合您父亲
Mr Thornton thinks this will do very well for your father.
桑顿先生在哪
Where is Mr Thornton?
什么
Excuse me?
带我去见这位桑顿先生
Take me to see this Mr Thornton.
如果他不肯见我 我就去见他
If he won't deal with me, I'll have to deal with him.
桑顿先生住这儿吗
Does Mr Thornton live here?
是的 但他这会儿肯定在工厂
Aye, but he'll be at work.
待在这儿 小姐 我去找主子
Stay here, miss. I'll find Master.
史蒂文斯
Stephens!
把那烟斗熄了
Put that pipe out!
我看到你了
I saw you!
史蒂文斯
Stephens!
史蒂文斯
Stephens!
过来
Come here!
-又抽烟 -我没有
- Smoking again. - I wasn't!
-在哪呢 -我没抽烟 我发誓
- Where is it? - I wasn't smoking, I swear.
还温着呢 我警告过你
Still warm. I warned you.
不不 求您 先生
No! No! Please, sir!
求您 别 求您
Please don't... Please!
白♥痴♥
Idiot!
求您 先生
Please, sir!
-求您 -看着我
- Please! - Look at me!
-看着我 -住手
- Look at me! - Stop!
住手 别打了
Stop! Please, stop!
你是谁 你在这儿干什么
Who are you? What are you doing in here?
我叫玛格丽特·黑尔
My name is Margaret Hale.
黑尔小姐
Miss Hale!
对不起 桑顿先生 我叫她待在办公室的
I'm sorry, sir, Mr Thornton, I told her to stay in the office.
带她出去
Get her out of here!
给我爬出去 别再回来了
Aye, crawl away on your belly and don't come back!
求您 先生 我还有孩子
Please, sir... I have little ones.
你知道规矩
You know the rules!
我的孩子会挨饿的
My children will starve!
饿死总比烧死强
Better they starve than burn to death!
给我滚 别逼我报♥警♥
Get out before I call the police!
把那女人带出去
Get that woman out of here!
求您 小姐
Please, miss.
小姐 小姐 走吧
Miss. Miss, please.
小姐 走吧 小姐
Miss, please, miss...
求您了
Please!
亲爱的玛格丽特
My darling Margaret,
我们总算从科孚岛度蜜月回来了
we are back at last from our honeymoon in Corfu.
我们走了那么久
We've been away so long
我差不多都能流利地说希腊语了
I'm almost fluent in Greek...
至少上尉是这么说
or so the Captain says.
但你也知道 他总是和和气气的
But you know, everything he says is always so agreeable.
亲爱的玛格丽特
Dear Margaret...
我要说点会惹你生气的话了
Now I'm going to say something that will make you very angry,
但我忍♥不住
but I can't help it.
姨夫是怎么想的 带你们去那么远的地方
What was uncle thinking of, taking you all so far away from home?
你们去那可怕的地方做什么 他们纺棉布
Why on earth are you in that awful place where they make cotton,
可是有谁会想买♥♥呢
where no one who is anyone wishes to buy it?
我们肯定永远都会穿亚麻的
I am sure we'll always wear linen.
亲爱的伊迪丝
Dear Edith,
我很高兴地告诉你
I'm pleased to report
我们已经换下了难看的墙纸
that we've replaced the horrible wallpapers
新墙纸的颜色好多了
with altogether more agreeable colours.
而迪克森 相信吗 精神头更足了
Dixon has only... if you think this possible... grown in energy.
她一心想找个女佣
She has set herself the task of engaging an undermaid,
但至少方圆
but as yet there isn't anyone
五十英里内
within a radius of at least 50 miles
还没有一个有资格来伺候我们的人
who is remotely suitable to wait on us hand and foot.
你不介意我先坐下了
I'll sit, if you don't mind.
你得在主人家
You'll be expected to be
起床前起来生火
well up before the family to light the fires.
对不起 我不会一大早五点起床
I'm sorry, I'm not getting up at five in the morning.
我也不能接受这么低的薪酬
And I'm not working for those wages.
我在汉普工厂做接头工能挣四先令呢
I can get four shillings as a piecer up at Hamper's.
而且 如果你不介意我问
Anyway, if you don't mind me asking,
你们哪来的钱给我
where's the money coming from to pay for me?
这房♥子一年至少得三十镑
This house must be costing 30 pounds a year,
而且据我所知 也没什么收入
and there's not much coming in from what I've heard.
我想来想走都随意
I'll come and go as I please!
我不需要个颐指气使的自大仆人
And I don't need no bossy, jumped-up servant
来对我指手画脚 告诉我该想什么 做什么
to tell me what's what and how to think and how to behave!
留着你的破工作吧
You can keep your rotten job!
我 还仆人呢
Me, a servant, indeed.
真不知老爷怎么想的
I don't know what the master was thinking of,
让我们蒙受这样的流言蜚语
subjecting us to all this gossip!
玛格丽特
Margaret?
怎么了
What's the matter?
有些传闻
There is some talk...
玛格丽特
Margaret?
玛格丽特 她说什么呢 什么传闻
Margaret? What does she mean, talk?
我是听到些人议论
I did hear some people talking,
就是我们找房♥子的时候
when we were house... hunting.
关于我们为什么搬来米尔顿
About why we moved to Milton...
还这么突然
so abruptly.
你为什么离开了教会
Why you left the church.
有人在议论我们
People are... talking?
这很自然 人们难免会心生疑问
Well, it's only natural, after all, that people should wonder.
牧师一般不会离开自己的教区
It's not usual for clergymen to leave their parish,
搬迁数百英里 就好像在逃避什么
travel hundreds of miles, as if to escape something.
虽然我们二话没说就跟你来了
Just because we follow you without question...
是主教的来信
It's from the bishop.
不是为了弗莱德里克的事吧
It's not about Frederick?
不 这信我时刻带在身上
No. I keep that letter with me at all times.
提醒我 我的决定是对的
To reassure me that I made the right decision.
就这样吗
I... is this all?
"我要求所有新森林主教教区的牧师
"I ask that all rectors in the diocese of the New Forest
重申他们对《公祷书》的信仰"
reaffirm their belief in the Book of Common Prayer."
是啊 就是这样 如此无♥耻♥
Yes, there. Exactly. The effrontery!
那人比我们资历浅十年
The man's ten years our junior.
却想拿我们当小孩子
He tries to treat us all like children.
但这就是个过场吧
But this is a formality, surely...
重申信仰什么的
to reaffirm.
我的良心不能允许
My conscience will not let me.
我可以而且也已经默默承受着我的疑虑
I can and have lived quietly with my doubts for...
这些年一直如此 但是
well, for some years now, but...
我不能公开向我不再确信的教义宣誓
I cannot swear publicly to doctrines I am no longer sure of.
我们这些有良心的人必须表明立场
Now, we men of conscience have to make a stand.
我们
We?
是的 还有其他有疑虑的人
Yes, there are others who have doubts.
我们都一致认为 我们不能重申
We all agreed. We could not reaffirm.
你是说
Are you telling me
新森林所有的牧师
that all the rectors of the New Forest
都搬迁到了工业城镇吗
have decamped to industrial towns?
这个嘛
Well...
有些人觉得还是可以屈服的
some thought it possible to yield,
但我认为不行
剧集 | 南方与北方(2004) | 导航列表