剧集 | 南方与北方(2004) | 导航列表
我可无从知道 日安
I wouldn't know. Good day.
何必要花大钱供女孩子读书
What's the point of spending a fortune on education
等她们回来 又得花大钱把她们嫁出去
if you have to spend another on a wedding once they're back?
日安 黑尔小姐 贝尔
Good day, Miss Hale. Bell.
-对不起 亲爱的 -贝尔先生
- I'm sorry, my dear. - Mr Bell.
我很感激您与父亲的友谊
I'm grateful for the friendship you give my father.
天晓得 他在米尔顿非常孤独 但是
Godness knows, he has felt alone in Milton but...
但你希望我别多管闲事
But you wish I would mind my own business
也别什么都拿来开玩笑
and stop being so damn facetious?
你说得对 亲爱的 我这就打住
You're absolutely right, my dear, it will stop immediately.
但要知道 我关心你
But you know I do take an interest.
我希望 如果你需要帮助
I would like to think if you were in need of help,
你会第一个来找我
I would be the first you'd call upon.
我保证 贝尔先生 第一个找您
You have my word, Mr Bell. You'll be the first.
父亲 您早回来了
Father. You're back early.
是啊 我一个学生取消了预约
Yes, er...one of my pupils cancelled our appointment
我就回来了 期待着桑顿先生的课程
and I came back looking forward to Mr Thornton's lesson,
却发现 他也觉得自己
only to discover that he also fears he might find himself
太忙 今晚不能学习了
too busy to read this evening.
这几天就是很忙
It has been a busy few days.
等事情安顿下来 桑顿先生
No doubt Mr Thornton will resume his lessons
肯定会恢复课程的
when things quieten down.
当然 当然
No doubt. No doubt.
或许我该写封鼓励信
Maybe I'll write him a little note of encouragement,
表示希望他稍后再来
hoping he can come later.
玛格丽特
Margaret?
-你在等信吗 -没有
- Are you expecting a letter? - No.
有
Yes.
父亲 我有事得告诉您
Father, I've got something I have to tell you.
我写信给了弗莱德里克
I've written to Frederick.
我知道我不该那么做
I know that I shouldn't have.
因为你母亲
Because of your mother.
你觉得他得快点回来
And...you think he needs to come quickly?
请告诉我 我没做错 父亲
Please say I did the right thing, Father.
弗莱德里克真的很危险吗
Is the danger to Frederick so very great?
是的 亲爱的
Oh, yes, my dear.
恐怕是的
I'm afraid it is.
政♥府♥必须严厉惩治
The government must take harsh measures
那些与当局对抗的人
against those who set themselves up in opposition to its authority,
尤其是在海上
especially at sea,
离家那么远 船长必须要得到更多的支持
where the captain must expect extra support so far from home.
弗莱德里克还是高额悬赏的对象
There is still a large reward out on Frederick.
或许我们可以撤回那封信 你什么时候寄的
Maybe we could get the letter back. When...when did you post it?
几天前了
Several days ago.
但都时隔那么久了
But surely everything happened so long ago.
海军对这种事不惜代价
The Navy spares no expense.
他们派船出去
They send out ships
专门在海上找犯罪之人
specifically to hunt the seas for the guilty men.
这起罪行就如昨日一般历历在目
It's as fresh and vivid a crime as if it happened yesterday.
只有血
And nothing but blood...
才能抹去它
will wipe it clean.
但弗莱德是无辜的
But Fred's innocent.
肯定还有正义吧
Surely there is justice.
-我们得相信他会... -不
- We must trust that he'll be... - No.
我没写信就好了
If only I hadn't written.
万一我
Supposing I have only
鼓励弗莱德里克回来 却害他被送上军事法庭呢
encouraged Frederick to come back to a court martial?
那必然会要了母亲的命
That would kill Mother for sure.
不 亲爱的 你做得对
No, my dear, you did well.
你是追随了心意 你是为了你母亲而勇敢
You acted from the heart. You were brave for your mother's sake.
我很高兴你没告诉我
I'm glad you didn't tell me,
否则我可能会阻止你
for I might have stopped you.
亲爱的伊迪丝
Dear Edith,
我都不知该从何说起
I hardly know how to begin.
有些事我好想告诉你
There are things I so want to talk to you about...
但又不知该怎么说
..But I can't find the words.
我来找贝茜聊聊...
I came for a chat with Be...
小姐啊
Oh, miss.
你当时陪着她吗
Were you with her?
肯定很安详的
I'm sure it was peaceful.
看她的脸 尼古拉斯
Look at her face, Nicholas.
已经不再有痛苦了
There's no more pain.
她...
She's...
她不该走在我前面的
she's not supposed to go before me.
这没道理 白发人不该送黑发人
It doesn't make sense. It's not the natural way of things.
你确定她死了 不是昏了 以前也发生过
You sure she's dead, she's not a faint? It's happened before.
不 尼古拉斯 她死了
No, Nicholas. She's dead.
我们要多久才能恢复
..How long it's going to take us to get back on our feet?
我可怜的贝茜
My poor Bess.
她过得那么苦
She lived the life of a dog.
艰辛和疾病 她从未快活过一刻
Hard work and illness. She never had one moment of rejoicing.
她或许过得是不容易
She...she may not have had an easy life,
但她将在来世找到安慰
but she will find comfort in the next.
我不是说我不相信你的上帝
I'm not saying I don't believe in your God,
但我无法相信他有意让这世界是这样子
but I can't believe He meant the world to be as it is.
主子统治着我们
The masters ruling over us,
其余的人在阴影中勉强度日
the rest of us left to live a half-life in the shadows.
他给了我们这世界
He gave us the world
还给了我们智慧和头脑
and our wits and intelligence
去发现其他人的优点和魅力
to discover the grace and beauty in others...
难道要我相信
And I'm to believe
他给了一些人更多东西
that He gave some more than others,
这是他的旨意
and that was His will?
我们有责任与他人和解
It's our duty to make peace with others.
真可惜你的思维总是围绕
It's a pity that you seem to think in terms of...
战争和冲突
war and strife.
我知道苦难的存在
I know there's suffering,
我知道这世上有残忍♥贪婪的主子
and I know there are cruel and greedy masters,
但肯定
but surely
更好的办法是两边心存善意的人
it would be better for people of goodwill on both sides
都坐下来分享看法
to sit down and share ideas
讨论该如何行使上帝的旨意
of how to do God's will,
和平和谐地共处
to live together in peace and harmony.
你不觉得
Wouldn't you think a man like...
桑顿那样的人会愿意听取建议吗
like Thornton would be open to ideas?
桑顿
Thornton?
就是他找来了爱尔兰人
He's the one that brought in the Irish,
导致了那场破坏了罢♥工♥的暴♥乱♥
that led to the riot that broke the strike.
就连汉普也会等等
Even Hamper would have waited,
但桑顿 都不肯装装样子
but Thornton he's got no deceit about him.
现在 就当我们需要他强硬
And now, just when we needed him to be hard,
找到鲍彻那样的人 那些背叛了我们的人
to hunt down men like Boucher and men who betrayed us,
他又做了什么
what does he do?
他说他是受害方 他不提出指控
He says he's the injured party. He won't press charges.
他说 他们出了名 再找不到活儿了
They'll not get employment. They're well known.
这就是足够惩罚了
That's punishment enough, he says.
-我以为他更有胆量呢 -桑顿先生是对的
- I thought he'd have more guts. - Mr Thornton was right.
我知道你生鲍彻的气
I know that you're angry with Boucher,
但就连你肯定也明白 再做什么就是复仇了
but even you must see that anything more would look like revenge.
我可怜的贝茜
My poor Bess.
她说这罢♥工♥会要了她的命
She said the strike would be the end of her.
这都是因为鲍彻那样软弱的人
And it's all because of weak men like Boucher.
不是每个人都像你那么坚强 尼古拉斯
Not everyone is as strong as you, Nicholas.
能在罢♥工♥中坚持那么久
To last out the strike for so long.
同一行的人必须团结一致
People of the same trade must stick together.
否则 那些有手段有钱财的人
If they don't... men have ways and means.
-手段和钱财 -没错
- Ways and means? - Aye. Ways and means.
我们可以驱逐他 那他就不存在了
We can cast a man out. Then he doen't exist.
没人会看他 没人会跟他说话
No one'll look at him or talk to him...
这是主子一般的暴♥政♥ 尼古拉斯
You talk of the tyranny of the masters, Nicholas.
剧集 | 南方与北方(2004) | 导航列表