剧集 | 南方与北方(2004) | 导航列表
老天爷 你还没走
Good Lord! Are you still here?
对 先生 我想跟您谈谈
Yes, sir. I want to speak to you.
那你还是进来吧
You'd better come in, then.
先生 你找我什么事
Well, sir, what do you want with me?
我叫希金斯
My name is Higgins.
我知道你是谁
I know who you are.
你想要什么
What do you want?
我想要工作
I want work.
工作 你好大胆
Work? You've got a nerve.
汉普会告诉您我是个好工人
Hamper'll tell you I'm a good worker.
你恐怕不会愿听到
I'm not sure you'd like to hear
汉普说的关于你的每句话
all of what Hamper have to say about you.
我不得不赶走我一百个最好的工人
I've had to turn away 100 of my best hands
就因为他们跟随了你和你的工会
for following you and your union.
你觉得我该雇你
And you think that I should take you on?
我不如直接一把火把废棉烧了
Might as well set fire to the cotton waste and have done with it.
我保证 我不会说你坏话
I promise you, I'd not speak against you.
如果我发现有什么问题
If I found anything wrong
也会在采取行动前给你个警告
I'd give you fair warning before taking action.
我是个稳定的人 工作努力
I'm a steady man. I work hard.
我怎么知道你不是在阴谋算计
How do I know you're not just planning mischief
或许你只是想攒钱
or maybe you're just interested in saving up money
再发起罢♥工♥
against another strike?
我需要工作 好照顾一个被逼疯的男人的家人
I need work, for the family of a man who were driven mad.
他的工作被你雇的爱尔兰人抢走了
He had his job taken by one of those Irishmen you hired.
他最终...
Didn't know why, ended up...
你的工会逼我不得不雇爱尔兰人
Your union forced me into hiring those Irish.
对我也没什么好处
Much good it did me!
他们大都回家了
Most of them have gone home.
如果我相信你的理由
If I were to believe your reason...
我并不想相信
I can't say that I'm inclined to.
我会劝你试试别的工作 离开米尔顿
I'd advise you to try some other work and leave Milton.
如果天气暖些 我愿去种地 再不回来
If it were warmer I'd take Paddy's work and never come back.
但到了冬天 那些孩子会挨饿
But come winter those children'll starve.
如果你知道工厂之外哪里有工作
If you knew of any place away from mills...
为了那些孩子
I'd take any wage I thought it was worth
多少薪酬我都能接受
for the sake of those children.
怎么 你愿拿比别人少的薪水
What, you'd take wages less than others?
不过他们没有工会
They have no union, of course.
你的工会拿砖头对付我那些
Your union'd be damn, would turn a bricks
只想养家糊口的爱尔兰人
on my Irish for trying to feed their families,
现在你又为孩子这么不惜一切
and yet you'd do this for these children.
我不会给你工作
I'll not give you work.
你在浪费时间
You're wasting your time.
也浪费了你的
And yours.
是一位女士叫我来找你
I was told to ask you by a woman.
她觉得你有善心
Thought you had a kindness about you.
她错了
She was mistaken,
但我不是第一个被女人误导的了
but I'm not the first to be misled by a woman.
叫她今后少管闲事
Tell her to mind her own business next time.
也别再浪费你我的时间了
And stop wasting your time and mine.
那个希金斯为了跟我说话等了多久
How long has that man Higgins' been waiting to speak to me?
我到时他就在门外了 先生 现在都四点了
He was outside the gate when I arrived, sir, and it's four now.
黑尔小姐
Miss Hale!
我得恭喜你
I must congratulate you.
是啊 我们就要结婚了
Yes, we are to be married soon!
很高兴再次见到你 黑尔小姐
Delighted to see you again, Miss Hale.
你可得快着点 黑尔小姐
You must hurry, Miss Hale,
我的好姑娘要把整间店都买♥♥下来了
for my dear girl is busy buying up the whole shop.
他是老了点 但他家底不错
He is a little grey, but he's very well set up.
他跟我们桑顿家很相配
He's a very good match for us Thorntons.
他一直想拉约翰加入一个投机项目
He has been trying to interest John in a speculation.
投机
Speculation?
抱歉
Excuse me, I
我以为桑顿先生
just didn't think that Mr. Thornton
不会参与任何冒险的投机
would participate in any kind of risky venture.
大家都这么干
Everybody does it!
生意都是有风险的 我的沃森就会这么说
All business is risk, as my Watson would say.
约翰的想法得更现代点 才能跟上时代
John will have to be more modern in his ideas if he's to keep up.
不 把账单寄去马尔堡工厂
No! You must send the bills to Marlborough Mills.
你一分钱都不能出
You must not pay for a button.
我们有这个钱
We are quite rich enough!
真是的
Honestly!
黑尔小姐真该
Miss Hale could do with
稍稍对自己的地位谦虚一点
having just a little humility about her position.
她去了格林的店铺 顺便恭喜了我
She was at Green's. And stopped to congratulate me.
我把结婚计划告诉她时 她似乎很意外
She seemed surprised when I told her about my wedding plans.
她一副严肃不赞成的样子
She's so grave and disapproving,
就好像我们结不起
as if we couldn't afford it.
我马上让她知道了
I soon put her right.
她反正是找不到人家
It's not as if she will ever get a husband.
她比我大多了 又那么严肃
She's much older than me. And so severe!
我把沃森的生意提议告诉了她
I told her about Watson's business proposition
她对我不屑一顾
and she really turned up her nose at me!
她差不多直说你不会感兴趣
She as much as said you wouldn't be interested,
就好像她比我更了解你
as if she knew you better than me.
-真高高在上 -多谢你
- So superior. - I'll thank you
别在街上谈我生意上的事
not to discuss my business affairs in the street.
你知道个什么 范妮
What do you know about anything anway, Fanny?
只会花钱
Except how to spend money?
我知道如果你接受沃森的提议
I know, that if you were to take up Watson's offer
跟他一起投机 你肯定会获利
and join him in the speculation, you would be certain to profit!
投机没有肯定可言
There is nothing certain about speculation.
我不会赌上我工人的生计
I will not risk the livelihoods of my men
跟沃森一起进行愚蠢的投资
by joining Watson's tomfool schemes.
如果我赔了钱
If I lose money,
又要怎样支付你婚礼的开销
how will I be expected to pay off the expense of your wedding?
你会后悔的
You'll be sorry.
这投机那么冒险吗
Is the speculation so risky?
您还需要问吗 母亲
Do you need to ask me that, Mother?
非常冒险
It's very risky.
如果成功 我们的财政问题都烟消云散
If it succeeds, all our financial problems will be over
也没人会知道我们现在的艰难
and no one will ever know how bad things are.
如果失败呢
If it fails?
现在 至少工资开得出
At the moment the payroll is safe.
您会建议我冒险吗
Would you advise me to risk it?
如果你成功了 就不会有人知道
If you succeeded, they'd never know.
如果失败 我会害了别人
And if it fails, I would have injured others.
您会要我冒这个险吗
Would you ask me to risk that?
告诉我该做什么
Tell me what to do.
祈祷夏季顺利
Pray for a good summer.
人们会买♥♥棉质衣服
People will buy cotton clothes.
祈祷我们一些买♥♥家能按时付款
Pray that some of our buyers pay their bills on time...
祈祷范妮没有时间
...and pray that Fanny doesn't have time
再去逛服装店
to order any more from the draper's.
她有...
She is in g-great...
这些是你的孩子吗
Are these your children?
不 但他们现在是我的了
No, but they're mine now.
你女儿教他们读书
Did your daughter teach them to read?
好像是倒过来
I think they are teaching her.
这就是你昨天提到的孩子吗
And these are the children you mentioned?
你不信我
You didn't believe me?
我昨天不该那么跟你说话
I spoke to you in a way that I had no business to.
我不信你
I did not believe you.
我不会去照顾鲍彻那样的人的孩子
I couldn't have taken care of a man such as Boucher's children.
我打听过了
I have made enquiries
我现在知道你说的是实话
and I know now that you spoke the truth.
请原谅
I beg your pardon.
鲍彻死了 我很遗憾 但仅此而已
Boucher's dead and I am sorry. But that's the end of it.
你愿来我这里工作吗 我是来问这个的
Will you take work with me? That's what I came here to ask.
剧集 | 南方与北方(2004) | 导航列表