剧集 | 南方与北方(2004) | 导航列表
我的秉性恐怕不是很慈爱
I'm afraid it is not in my nature to show affection...
哪怕是对我确实爱的人
even when I feel it.
但我保证 如果黑尔小姐向我求助
But I promise that if Miss Hale should ask me for help,
或是如果
or if...
我听说她做了什么我认为不对的事
I should ever hear of her doing something that I see as wrong...
但玛格丽特从不做错事
But Margaret never does anything wrong.
我会像对自己的女儿那样 给她建议
..I will counsel her as I would my own daughter.
我保证
I promise.
我祈祷上帝保佑你
I pray to God to bless you
感谢你的承诺
for your promise
感谢你照顾
to be kind...
我的孩子
to my child.
我就不该去 迪克森
I should never have gone, Dixon.
她希望你去的
She wanted you to go.
她替你高兴 这次恶化非常突然
She was happy for you. This last turn happened very suddenly.
谁会这时候来
Who'd come visiting at this hour?
-我去叫老爷 -不 我去
- I'll get the master. - No, I'll go.
别打扰他
Don't disturb him.
黑尔先生在吗
Is Mr Hale in?
弗莱德里克
Frederick.
弗莱德
Fred...
弗莱德里克
Frederick.
-母亲 -她还活着
- Mother? - She's still alive.
-她病得很重 但还活着 -谢天谢地
- She's as ill as she could be, but she lives. - Thank God.
-父亲 -你知道我要来吧
- Father... - You did expect me, didn't you?
我知道你会来的 但我们没收到信
I knew you would come, but we've had no letter.
我比信到得早
I...I travelled before it.
-但你知道我会来吧 -当然
- But you knew I'd come. - Of course.
我不敢想会这么快
I didn't dare think it would be so soon.
玛格丽特
Margaret?
是有人敲门吗
Did I hear the door?
我的儿子
My boy.
你回家了
You've come home.
-黑尔小姐 -桑顿先生
- Miss Hale? - Mr Thornton.
我是来把这本书还给你父亲
I've only come to return this book to your father
并自作主张地
and have taken the liberty of
送点水果来给你母亲
bringing some fruit for your mother.
谢谢你
Thank you.
谢谢你 玛丽 请把这送去厨房♥吧
Oh, thank you, Mary. Please take these through to the kitchen.
抱歉
You must excuse me.
我以为我依然会受欢迎
I thought that I would still be welcome here,
尽管我们
despite our...
尽管我们之间的事
despite what has passed between us.
至少能作为你父亲的客人
As your father's guest, at least.
当然 我们欢迎你 但是
Indeed. Y...you are welcome, but...
抱歉 你们已经有客了
I'm sorry. You have company already.
不 我们没有
No. Indeed, we do not.
家里没别人
There is no one here.
日安 黑尔小姐
Good day, Miss Hale.
桑顿先生 求你
Mr Thornton, please.
我母亲病了 事情不是像看上去那样的
My mother is ill. Things are not as they seem.
请相信我 我无意冒犯你
Please believe me that I mean no discourtesy towards you
我们是欢迎你来的
and that you are most welcome.
那是谁 之前来的那个商人
Who was that? The same tradesman that came earlier?
桑顿先生
Mr Thornton.
他是个制♥造♥商
He's a manufacturer.
商人 制♥造♥商 都一样
Tradesman, manufacturer, it's all the same.
父亲怎么想的
What did Father mean by
大老远跑来这里
coming all this way and
让你们接触这种人
placing you in the company of these people?
桑顿先生
Mr Thornton is...
他是个绅士 弗莱德 而且对我们非常好
He's a gentleman, Fred, and has been very good to us.
对不起
I'm sorry.
天呐 我有什么资格说别人
God, who am I to criticise?
我这些年一直忽视了你和母亲
I've neglected you and Mother all these years.
你不知道这让我多痛苦
You don't know how much it pains me
不能感谢那些对你们好的人
not to be able to thank those that have been kind to you,
我们只能各自生活
that your life and mine must always be separate
除非是冒着上军事法庭的险
unless I run the risk of court martial.
或者是你去西班牙
Or if you should come to Spain.
我在那里找了份好工作 而且
You know, I have a good position there. And, er...
怎么
And?
我信里提到的姑娘 德洛丽丝
The girl I wrote to you about? Dolores?
真希望你能认识她 你会喜欢她的
I only wish you knew her. You would love her.
你 父亲 母亲都会喜欢她
You and Father and Mother.
跟我说说她
Tell me about her.
我们正需要些美好快乐的话题
We could do with talking of lovely, joyful things.
弗莱德
Fred...
她不是死了吧
She's not gone?
玛格丽特
Margaret...
然后我要去克洛克斯利
And then I'm to go to Croxley...
教导史密瑟斯家的男孩
to read with the Smithers boy.
他是个勤奋好学的孩子
He's a diligent lad. Hard-working.
但不太聪明 他恐怕是做不成学者的
But slow. I...I don't think he'll make much of a scholar.
但他的父母希望 在足够的指导下
But his parents hope that with enough help,
他能获得不错的教育
he can get a decent education.
迪克森小姐
Miss Dixon?
真没想到能在这里见到你
Well, fancy seeing you here!
或许你已经不是迪克森小姐了
Maybe you're not a Miss Dixon no longer.
你还是得叫我迪克森小姐 小莱纳德斯
I'm still Miss Dixon to you, young Leonards.
不过我是有过些机会的
Though I've had my chances, I'm sure.
你
And you.
你还在像以前一样胡闹吗
Still up to your old nonsense, are you?
你跑来米尔顿做什么
What are you doing all the way up here in Milton?
海尔斯顿可不是个繁荣向上的地方 是吧
Well, Helstone's not exactly an up-and-coming place, is it?
再说 钱在这里
Besides, this is where all the money is.
我还给自己找了个不错的未婚妻
I got myself a fine fiancee now, an' all.
她在那边的一栋大宅里工作
She works for one of those big houses up there.
总之 你怎么在这里 迪克森小姐
Anyway, what are you doing all the way up here, Miss Dixon?
还在为黑尔家工作吗
You still working for those Hales?
不是说
Wasn't there some sort of, um...
他们家的男孩有什么丑闻吗
some sort of scandal involving that boy?
我是来看我姐姐一家
I'm visiting my sister's family.
那再见了
Cheerio, then.
我们回头见了
I'm sure I'll see you again soon, eh?
迪克森
Oh, Dixon.
你觉得他知道弗莱德里克的事吗
Do you think he knows about Frederick?
叛变的事是个大新闻 报纸上都印了
The mutiny was a very big story. It was in all the newspapers.
而且还有高额悬赏
And there IS still a big reward.
我们可不希望他来这里打探
We certainly don't want him poking his nose in around here.
弗莱德里克必须走
Frederick must go.
在葬礼之前
Before the funeral.
你跟我父亲谈过安排的事了吗
Have you talked to my father about arrangements?
他说贝尔先生会从牛津过来做安排
He said Mr Bell will come from Oxford and arrange everything.
贝尔先生
Mr Bell.
是啊 他会帮忙的
Of course. He will help.
但弗莱德里克得在他来之前走
But Frederick must leave before he comes.
不能让别人知道他在这儿
No one else must know he's here.
真希望我能去会会这个莱纳德斯
I wish I'd met this Leonards.
我为什么非要在葬礼前跑掉
I don't see why I should have to run away before the funeral.
我有意面对一切 去受审
I've a good mind to face it out and stand trial.
不 你必须走 弗莱德
No, you must go, Fred.
要是我能找到目击者 为自己辩护就好了
If only I can find witnesses and defend myself.
那样大家都能知道里德船长是怎样的禽兽
So everyone knows what a monster Captain Reed was.
你觉得军事法庭是施行正义的地方吗
You think a court martial is somewhere justice is administered.
弗莱德从来没有机会为自己辩护
Fred has never tried to defend himself.
我现在还能怎么办
How can I now?
我又不能发布公告
I can't send out the town crier.
不能散发传♥单♥
I can't commission a pamphlet,
哪怕真会有人去读
even if anyone would bother to read it.
剧集 | 南方与北方(2004) | 导航列表