剧集 | 南方与北方(2004) | 导航列表
律师呢
What about a lawyer?
我认识一个体面的律师 应该也挺聪明
I know a lawyer who is honourable. And clever I think.
他肯定会...如果我们拜托他的话
I'm sure he would if I... Well, if we asked.
亨利·莱诺克斯先生 父亲 您记得吧
Mr Henry Lennox, Father. You remember.
听你的 如果有必要 就写信给亨利
Do what you like. Write to Henry if you must,
但别让弗莱德里克留在英国
but do not keep Frederick in England.
亨利·莱诺克斯 是伊迪丝的大伯子吗
Henry Lennox. Is that Edith's brother-in-law?
-对 -他可能还行
- Yes. - He might be all right.
我可以给他写信
I could write to him
告诉他船员和船上的详细情况
all the details of the crew and about the ship.
你明天得坐晚班火车离开
You must leave tomorrow by the night train.
你可以去伦敦见亨利
You can see Henry in London
然后从那里坐船走
and take then a boat on from there.
只剩几分钟了
Only a few minutes more.
不知道什么时候才能再见你
I don't know when I'll see you again.
-那是谁 -桑顿先生
- Who was that? - Mr Thornton.
好阴沉啊
What a scowl that man has.
肯定是个讨厌的人
A very disagreeable fellow, I'm sure.
就像大多数人
As with most men,
是发生的一些事让他变得阴沉 弗莱德
something has happened to make him scowl, Fred.
别对他太苛刻
Don't judge him harshly.
-我尽快写信 -黑尔
- I'll write soon. - Hale?
是你 是吧 看看你 我就说我认得你
It is you, isn't it? Look at you. I thought I recognised you.
-我不是黑尔 -这怎么回事
- I'm not Hale. - What's all this, then?
-我不是黑尔 -这怎么回事
- I'm not Hale. - What's all this?
-放开 -住手
- Get off! - Stop.
-你都藏哪了 黑尔先生 -放开
- Where have you been hiding, Mr Hale? - Get off!
全体上车
All aboard!
快走吧 弗莱德 快走
You must go now, Fred. Go!
快走
Go!
-走吧 -保佑你 玛格丽特
- Go. - God bless you, Margaret.
再见
Goodbye.
如果是在海尔斯顿的教堂办
If we'd been in Helstone chapel,
那肯定能坐满
it would have been full...
母亲的朋友
with Mother's friends.
是啊 但你看
Yes, but... Look.
他们怎么样 黑尔小姐和她父亲
How are they? Miss Hale and her father?
还能怎么样
They are as well as can be expected.
别担心 桑顿 很多人都会照顾他们
Don't worry, Thorton, they are many people to look after them.
如果我能做什么
If there's anything I can do...
都有人打理了
Everything's taken care of.
来的人是不多
Well, not a great turnout, to be sure.
姨妈在意大利旅行呢 很遗憾
The aunt is travelling in Italy, unfortunately.
莱诺克斯居然没来
I'm surprised Lennox didn't turn up, though.
亨利·莱诺克斯 跟他们家关系很好
Henry Lennox. Closely connected to the family.
是个律师
He's a lawyer.
听说他很关心他们
I hear he takes an interest.
但如果需要你帮忙 我肯定会告诉你
But you can be sure I'll let you know if your help is needed.
-桑顿先生 -是
- Mr Thornton? - Yes?
梅森 是吧 你好吗
Mason, isn't it? How do you do?
抱歉打扰您 先生
Sorry to disturb you, sir,
但您是本地的地方法官
but with your being the local magistrate...
这人是两天前在车站路堤边被发现的
This fellow was found along the station embankment two days ago.
今早死在了医院
Died in hospital this morning.
他不是这里人
He's not from these parts.
我们还在确认他的身份
We're trying to identify him.
查明是谁杀了他
Find out who killed him.
我们就猜晚饭时能在这里找到你
We thought we'd find you here around dinner-time.
无论什么时候我都会在这里的
You're pretty sure of finding me here any time.
-请坐吧 老爷 -谢谢
- Please. Sit down, master. - Thank you.
你还没工作吗 是因为罢♥工♥
You're out of work still, because of the strike?
我没工作是因为我选择不工作
I'm out of work because I choose not to work.
你回原来的工厂找工作了吗
Have you asked for work at your old mill?
汉普知道我是个好工人 他会愿招我回去的
Hamper knows I'm a good worker. He'd take me back.
但有条新规矩 我们不能付工会会费
But there's a new rule, we're not allowed to pay into the union.
我们付工会会费是为了积攒罢♥工♥基金
We pay into the union so we can have a strike fund
好给那些生活困苦的人发一周一先令的罢♥工♥津贴
so we can pay a shilling a week strike-pay to those in hardship.
他们觉得 如果我们不能交会费
Their thinking is, if we're not allowed,
就不会有罢♥工♥
there'll be no strikes.
我们不要求主子为罢♥工♥出钱
We're not asking masters to fund a strike.
我们没那么单纯 但是
We're not that simple. But
把自己自♥由♥挣来的钱
where's the crime in giving to your own
给自己人 这有什么罪过
out of your own wages, freely earned? I mean...
-您也挣工资吧 黑尔先生 -是的
- You earn a wage, don't you, Mr Hale? - Yes. Yes, I do.
给您钱的人
The people who pay you
不会告诉您该怎么花钱吧
don't tell you how to spend money, do they?
是啊
No.
他们当然不会
No, they...they certainly don't.
所有工厂都施行这新规矩吗
Do all the mills operate this new rule?
记得鲍彻说工会是暴君吗
Remember Boucher saying the union was a tyrant?
有时候工会得逼人
Sometimes the union has to force a man
看清怎么才对他最好
to see what's good for him.
鲍彻一直是个傻瓜
Boucher was always a fool.
他从来不知道什么才对他好
He never knew what was good for hime.
那么他损害了工会
So he did the union harm?
我们原本是占理的
We had opinion on our side
直到他开始暴♥动♥ 违法
till he started rioting and breaking the law.
放过他不是更好吗
Wouldn't it have been better to leave him alone?
他对工会又没好处
He did the union no good.
你把他逼疯了
And you drove him mad.
-玛格丽特 -不不
- Margaret. - No, no, no.
她想什么说什么 我喜欢
She speaks her mind. I like that.
她不懂 工会有很大的力量
She doesn't understand. The union is a great power.
工会是我们唯一的力量
The union is our only power.
我还是不说了
I'd best not talk about it.
我忍♥不住生鲍彻的气
I can't help feeling angry at Boucher because,
-因为他没完地捣乱 -是吗
- there's no end to his mischief. - Still?
是的
Oh, yeah.
他先是掀起暴♥动♥
First of all he starts a riot,
然后又躲了起来
then he goes into hiding.
桑顿不起诉
Thornton doesn't prosecute,
他就溜回家 他做什么了呢
so he slinks back home, and what does he do?
他去汉普的工厂 求给他份工作
He goes off to Hamper's begging for work,
虽然那就意味着要停交工会会费
even though that would mean forsaking his union dues.
但说句公道话
To be fair to Hamper,
汉普没听鲍彻的 叫他走了
he didn't listen to Boucher. He drove him away.
不过听说他哭得像个孩子
Even though they say he cried like a baby.
-我在艾什利街后的运河里找到了他 -运河
- I found him in the canal beyond Ashley. - Canal?
对 绝对是一心寻死
Aye. Determined to kill himself, all right.
是鲍彻 他跳河了
It's Boucher. He's drowned himself.
不可能
It can't be Boucher.
他才没胆跳河呢
He wouldn't have the nerve to drown himself.
我爸爸的脸为什么是紫的
Why's my daddy's face purple?
染厂的排水管通向那条运河
Water from the dyeing vats goes into that canal.
希金斯 你认识他
Higgins. You knew him.
你得去告诉他妻子
You must go and tell his wife.
快去 我们不能把他放在这里
Do it now, man. We can't leave him here.
我不能
I can't.
我做不到
I can't do it.
父亲
Father?
我去吧
I'll go.
不不
No, no...
他爱我们所有人
He loved us all.
我们也爱他
And we loved him...
我刚刚还对他说了那么过分的话
and I spoke such terrible words about him only a moment ago...
我们要怎么办
What are we to do?
几天后
Only a few days after,
鲍彻太太也追随丈夫去了天堂
Mrs Boucher followed her husband to heaven,
他们的六个孩子成了孤儿
leaving their six children orphans.
我们在城市高地 空气新鲜的地方埋葬了他们
We buried them high above the city in the fresh air,
剧集 | 南方与北方(2004) | 导航列表