剧集 | 陪审义务(2023) | 导航列表
无意冒犯特雷弗或肖恩 但是
No offense to Trevor or to Sean. But
他们的穿着打扮似乎很随意
they didn't seem thoughtful in what they were wearing.
这有点冒犯到我了
And that was a little offensive for me.
稍微有点
Little bit.
我开过一家货运公♥司♥
I had a trucking company
而作为雇主
and as the employer,
我始终要对手下的司机
I am always responsible
负责的
for my drivers.
反正归根结底
At the end of the day,
我是有责任的
I am responsible.
她要对他的一切行为负责 -不必
She is responsible for whatever he did. - It doesn't--
没必要... -他还说她很少来
it doesn't have to be - And he also said she's rarely there.
好像他从没在工厂见过她
Like he has never seen her at the factory.
她能搞清状况吗? -这算啥意思?
Does she even know what's going on? - What does that mean?
对 什么意思啊?
That's... Yeah, what does that mean?
意思是她自己经营不善
It means she's not running her business right
因为你必须要考虑到那里的工作环境
'cause you have to take in consideration the working conditions there.
知道吗? -对 或许他
You know, you can't-- you-- - Yeah, he may
干了蠢事 但他被化学品撂倒了 -不可忽视
have done it, but he's tripping on chemicals. - You can't just ignore that.
我想知道他血液中的酒精含量 我是说
I would like to know what his blood alcohol content was. I mean,
他说自己前一晚有喝酒
he--he tells us that he was drinking the night before.
我们可以确定
We know that for sure.
所以数值是不是极低? 是如此显示的还是...
So was it a very, very low amount? And does that reflect or is--
他的血液酒精浓度是0.1吗?
does he have a 0.1 blood alcohol content?
当天早上上班之前 他是不是也有喝酒?
Was he drinking that morning before he went to work as well, too?
对我来说 这与本案息息相关
Like, to me that's very, very relevant to the case.
领队先生
Foreperson.
给你 -怎么了 法警姐姐?
Oh, here you are. - What's up, bailiff?
收好了
There you go.
哦 这是... -就是它
Oh, is this... - That's it.
他血液中的酒精含量
His blood alcohol content.
我们被告知大家将会看到毒理学报告
Um, we were told that we would see the toxicology report.
他对此百口莫辩 可当我们看过后
Um, he wasn't able to talk about it, but when we look at it,
他证实了我一直在说的
he confirmed what I've been talking about.
他血液中的酒精含量微平其微
His blood alcohol content is going to be very, very low
因为那只不过是前一晚残存下来的
because it's just going to be the leftover from the night before.
我觉得很关键 因为
That was key to me because
要是其血液酒精浓度很高
if his blood alcohol content was very high,
就代表他喝酒是在当天早上
that means that more than likely he was drinking in the morning
他去上班之前 从而向我们表明了
before he went to his shift, which would've shown us that,
嗯 你懂的 也许他醉了 也许整件事因此而起
yeah, you know, maybe he was drunkand maybe that's how this whole thing happened.
所以我们一直想看的就是毒理学报告
So something I've been wanting to see this entire time is the toxicology report,
因为它显示了他血液中的酒精含量
'cause this is gonna tell us what his blood alcohol content is.
根据毒理学报告所述 其血液酒精浓度
And according to the toxicology report, his blood alcohol content
为0.011
is 0.011.
从这个数值来看
Judging off this number
并结合我以往的亲身经历 这不算什么
and going off my own past experiences, this is nothing.
这说明他是前一晚喝的酒
This is him drinking the night before.
所以对我来说 这证实了他称自己没醉的说法
So to me, that corroborates his story that he was not drunk.
可能是漱口水
That can be mouthwash.
所以他昏倒并非因为醉酒
So he did not pass out because he was wasted.
血液中的酒精含量 这是决定性因素
That blood alcohol level, that's the determining factor.
俗称“证据确凿”
The smoking gun, as they say.
我被冠以“领队”的头衔 就要起带头作用
I was appointed the title of foreperson. It was my job to lead.
这非常好理解 一旦我们进入审议阶段
That was made abundantly clear that once we went into deliberation,
我的职责就是 你懂的 好比把握方向
it was my job to, you know, kind of take the wheel,
站在白板前 统统写出来
being at the whiteboard, writing everything out.
感觉这样态度才端正 既然要我主持座谈
It just felt like the right place to be. If I'm gonna be leading the conversation,
我就得拿出领导者的姿态
I needed to be in a position to lead.
当我为此绞尽脑汁的时候 我试图在...
When I ran through this in my head, I tried finding holes
我倾向的一方身上找突破口 却找不到
in the way I was leaning towards and I couldn't find any.
那么 来总结一下
So just to recap,
所以我们知道 特雷弗·莫里斯当时...
so we know that Trevor Morris placed himself
就身处发生事故的电脑控制台
at the workstation where the incident occurred.
他说自己前脚刚开工 后脚是被摇醒的
He said he started working and he was then shaken awake.
大家见过控制台
You guys saw the workstation.
你得用键盘输入些什么
You have to type something into the keyboard,
你得把它发送给机器
you have to submit it to the machine.
我们听三个不同的人介绍
We heard from three different people.
只有进行了人为的于预
A human would have to have intervened
才能使那台机器不自动关机
in order for that machine to not shut itself down.
开什么玩笑? -哦 原来是你
Are you [bleep] kidding me? - Oh, it was you.
好吧 -抱歉 你们继续
Okay. - Sorry. Go ahead. Sorry.
但席勒先生出庭作证说
But Mr. Schiller has testified
那天他并没看到特雷弗来上班
he didn't see Trevor show up to work that day.
有些...
Some...
哎哟 -马上好 马上好
Oh, my God. - I'll be done. I'll be done.
从哪弄来的? 那是啥?
Where did you get that shake? What is it?
抱歉 好了
Sorry. Done.
席勒先生没看到他在自己的工位
Mr. Schiller, he didn't see him at his work station.
是楼下的
He got a report
其他人向他打了个小报告
from somebody else who was on the floor
说特雷弗在捣乱
that Trevor was being disruptive.
所以他才挂了电♥话♥赶过去
So he finished his phone call and then he went down there.
因此根据我们所了解到的一切
So based off of everything we've been told,
很有可能
more likely than not,
是特雷弗按下了那些按键吧?
was it Trevor who pushed these buttons in?
那是他的工位 他承认自己在那
It's his workstation. He's admitted to being there.
因此我认为他的确输入了错误的信息
So I think that he was the one who entered the information wrong.
但我不认为是他的疏忽
But I don't think it was his negligence
导致他输入了这一错误信息
that caused him to input this wrong information.
听起来他的工作环境很差
It sounds like he had poor working conditions.
说回到帕特发表的意见
Going back to the comment Pat made.
作为一名雇主 你的责任
As an employer, you are responsible
不仅是为员工提供安全的工作环境
for not only providing safe working conditions,
并且你还要对员工的行为负责
but you are responsible for what your employees are doing, too.
我想再来谈谈他的工位
I wanna talk about his workstation next.
朗尼和我注意到
What Lonnie and I noticed
在他工位的正对面 地上有两个印子
directly across from his station, there were two rings
这里 非常非常明显
right here that were very, very clearly
是某种染料、某种化学品
some sort of paint, some sort of chemical.
所以 这也证实了他昨天对我们说的
So, this corroborates what he was telling us yesterday
当时他说自己的工位不同了
when he said that his workstation was not the same.
他特别强调过 有些罐子被挪走了
He specifically said that these tanks had been moved.
朗尼和我确实发现了它们
And Lonnie and I did witness this.
并且 托德也能证实这一点
And Todd can corroborate this one, too.
当时我们去了楼上 有一间密室
When we went upstairs, there was a backroom,
非常非常非常浓烈的化学气味扑鼻而来
very, very, very heavy chemical smell coming out of there.
只要我们在那待几分钟
Like if we would've stayed in there for a few minutes,
就很容易头晕
very easily could've got lightheaded.
那个 我就想说 我耍了个心眼 这个
Um, I just wanted to say that I use a device that, um,
使我可以确保这些残留异味
uh, allows me to make sure that it's not just,
不仅仅只有我自己可以闻到
um, some residue leftover in my own nose.
所以我们在楼上的时候 我用了这个
So I--I used this when we were upstairs
而这股化学气味依旧很强烈
and the chemical smell was still strong.
祝你健康 -很好
Bless you. - Nice. Good.
行 多谢你的说明
Thank you for clarifying. Yeah.
如果特雷弗真是个大♥麻♥烦
If Trevor really was such a problem,
那他们也太大意了
probably was negligent on their part
甚至留了他这么久 既然他被说成
for even keeping him around for this long if he was such
是一个如此糟糕的员工
a terrible employee that he has been made out to be.
那又何必挪走这些?
Then you look at why were these moved?
何必要把这些桶搬到楼上
Why would you take these barrels up those stairs
藏进小黑屋呢?我觉得这说不通
to just stash them in this room? To me, that doesn't add up.
因此 我目前才会倾向于这一方
So, that's why I'm leaning the way I'm leaning.
我记得 你最初投“有责任”
I remember you started off with liable
结果 你最后又改成“无责任”了
and then you ended up being non-liable.
那个 对你来说最关键的是...
And that-- the big thing for you was...
这东西的存在
This exists.
正是它让我变卦了
So, this is what changed my mind.
剧集 | 陪审义务(2023) | 导航列表