剧集 | 陪审义务(2023) | 导航列表
And, um,
我必须对你们大家
I just have to be, uh, upfront
坦白
with all of you.
我俩已分居八个月了
We've been separated for eight months.
我本想装作没事
I was trying to put up the front that everything was okay
因为我被她扫地出门 我只想道个歉
because I did move away from her. And I just wanna apologize.
我是个骗子
I'm a liar and, um,
这个 不该欺骗大家
I shouldn't have done that.
抱歉
I'm sorry.
没关系 罗斯
It's okay, Ross.
好吧 对 我会尽力 -抱一下吗
Okay. Yeah, I'm gonna try to. - Do you need a hug?
非常感谢 谢谢
I appreciate that. Thank you.
在所有设计欠佳的人体器官之中
Of all of the human organs that have sub-optimal design,
至今我才认识到
today has taught me that
心脏是最有瑕疵的一个
the heart is the most flawed of all.
我们将有请
What we're gonna do now is
(星期三 第十六天)
被告来...
the defendant
做他的结案陈词
will present his closing argument
由于原告负有举证的责任
because the plaintiff has the burden of proof,
她可以做一个简短的反驳
she gets to present a brief rebuttal.
那莫里斯先生 如果你准备好了
So Mr. Morris, if you're ready to proceed,
就请开始
uh, please do so.
那就来吧
Here we go.
(辩方结案陈词)
陪审团的女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury...
好 我首先要说的就是...
Yeah, let me just start by saying
我不承认这项控罪 -反对 法官大人
I'm not guilty of this crime. - Objection, Your Honor.
我以为我... -这是民事诉讼 无关是否有罪
I thought I was gonna... - This is a civil trial, so there's no guilt or innocence,
只看有无责任 先生 -好吧
there's liability or non-liability, sir. - Okay.
我不...
I'm not--um,
我不对...
I'm not
该罪行负责
liable, uh, for this crime.
反对 法官大人 -并非犯罪
Objection, Your Honor. - It's not a crime,
反对有效
so I'm gonna sustain that.
我对这起事故
Uh, I'm not liable
概不负责
for this accident.
不承担事故责任
Not liable for this accident.
它不是因为
It wasn't caused
我所做的任何决定而造成的
by any choice that I made.
它是由化学品产生的毒气
It was-- it was caused by fumes
所导致
from chemicals...
反对 大人
Objection, Your Honor.
辩方从未出示有关化学品的证据
Defense never presented any evidence of chemicals.
反对是有效的
That's gonna be sustained.
请忽略 接着说
Uh, move to strike. Go ahead.
有一种物质
There's a substance
叫做"溴" -反对
called bromine. - Objection.
反对有效
Sustained.
好吧
Okay. Um...
我刚要继续说下去
Well, I'm just gonna keep going
因为疾控中心表示 吸入溴
because the CDC says that survivors
导致深度中毒的
of serious poisoning
大难不死者可能会患有长♥期♥... -反对
caused by inhaling bromine may have long-term... - Objection.
反对有效
Sustained.
女士们先生们 你们无需理会
Ladies and gentlemen, you're to disregard
任何有关化学品
any reference to
或溴的说法
chemicals or bromine.
好 那个
Yeah. Um,
抱歉 我这上面还有什么?
sorry. What else do I have here?
如果非要说我有什么罪 抱歉
Uh, if I'm guilty--liable, sorry,
责任的话
of anything,
那就是我偷奸耍滑
it's not living up to my potential.
我想
I guess
遭到起诉也算是
there's a silver lining to
当头一棒
being sued.
我幡然悔悟到
I'm realizing that, uh,
我不仅应当要...
not only do I have to take on
在生活中多负起点责任 而且
some more responsibility in my life,
如今我也很愿意
but I actually want to now.
我想做一个
Uh, I wanna be a
一个有担当的成年人
a responsible adult.
你看 我常说男人应该
You know, I always said that a man should
勇于承担自己犯下的过错
stand up and take ownership of their mistakes.
像昨天在派对上
Like yesterday at the party
罗斯承认在妻子索尼娅的事上撒了谎
when Ross admitted to lying about his wife Sonya.
我没亲眼见证 因为我总赶不上派对
Well, I didn't see that happen 'cause I never made it to the party,
我要为此向罗斯道歉
which I apologize to Ross for.
控方负有...
The burden of proof
举证责任
is on the plaintiff
她们无法证明是我造成了这起事故
and they can't prove that I caused the accident,
因为我没有
because I didn't.
拜托
Please
不要判我承担责任
don't find me liable
并且
and, uh...
谢谢各位
thank you.
谢谢 莫里斯先生
Thank you, Mr. Morris.
我们听了特雷弗·莫里斯的结案陈词
We heard Trevor Morris' closing argument
他是自己为自己辩护
and he was representing himself,
他干得很出色 看上去很专业和帅气
and he did a very good job and he looked very professional, and handsome.
而杰奎 在听到他的陈词后 她说
Then Jacqui, when she heard his statement, she was like,
"我也想发言"
"Oh, I actually wanna talk."
然后她就开始"凡尔赛"了
And then, she talked some bullshit at us.
我对被告的遭遇深表同情
I feel really for the defendant's story,
(原告的最后反驳)
他活得不容易
he had a very hard life.
我表示同情 因为彼此彼此
I feel for that because I did, too.
我活得非常非常不容易
I had a very, very hard life.
从我记事时起
From as early as I can remember,
大家就嘲笑我 叫我"中头彩的杰奎"
people would taunt me, they called me Jackpot Jacqui
因为我出生在一个富裕的家庭
because I'm from a wealthy family.
随着我渐渐长大
And then as I got older,
我天天被人霸凌
I was bullied every day,
一天好几次 因为我长得又高又瘦
multiple times a day for being tall and thin.
杰奎侃侃而谈 使得...
Jacqui was speaking and
我对她又爱又恨 我觉得她是绿茶婊
I love her but I hate her, I think she's a bitch but she's beautiful.
可她所说的一切 我理解却不认同
But everything she said, I relate to but I don't.
知道我还能怎么花父母的钱吗?
And you know what else I could've done with my parents' money?
我本可以去...
I could've gone to
斐济、坎昆、希腊、意大利
Fiji, Cancun, Greece, Italy,
任何地方
you name it,
虚度光阴 我本可以那样做的
uh, on repeat for the rest of my life, I could've done that,
但你猜怎么着?我已经统统去过了
but guess what? I've already been to those places.
所以我想换个活法
So I wanted to make my own path.
我想创办"肉桂与麻雀"
I wanted to make Cinnamon and Sparrow.
话倒是说了一大堆
There was a lot of stuff said
完全都风马牛不相及
that didn't really have anything to do with anything.
没错 我来自一个富裕家庭
Yes, I come from a wealthy family,
但请问诸位 我有错吗?
but I ask you, is it my fault
在我含着金汤匙出生这件事上
that I was born with a credit card in my mouth?
我真搞不懂杰奎干嘛要出来
You know, I don't really understand why Jacqui felt the need to get up
吹嘘自己富二代的生活方式 但...
and brag about her money and her lifestyle but,
这官司早就打得我很无语了
I don't get anything about how this case was presented.
莫里斯先生的确值得同情
I know you feel bad for Mr. Morris
他的遭遇也令我深有感触
whose story has affected me as well.
但谁来可怜我呢?
But what about me?
谢谢
Thank you.
好了 举证和辩论基本上
Yeah, that pretty much wraps up
都已经结束了 所以
the evidence and the arguments. So,
我们将于明天早上开始进行审议
we're going to have deliberation starting tomorrow morning.
你们会拿到已被采纳的证据展品
And you will be given the exhibits.
领队要负责主持审议
The foreperson will preside over the deliberations
剧集 | 陪审义务(2023) | 导航列表