剧集 | 艾玛(2009) | 导航列表
Well, we dont want to encourage people to take unnecessary risks now.
我觉得好得不能再好了
Well, I do not see how it could be bettered.
你完美地捕捉到了
You have captured
史密斯小姐的神态
Miss Smith to perfection.
我们要把它裱起来
We must get it properly framed.
下次约翰和伊莎贝拉过来的时候
Next time John and Isabella come
可以让他们带去伦敦
well get them to take it to London,
让他们帮你送去装裱
have it framed for you.
那也许要等好几周呢
But that may be some weeks away.
我可以效劳吗
Might I offer my services?
我可以在一天之内来回 为此件珍品奔劳
I could ride to town and back in a day on such a precious errand.
爱玛 亲爱的
Emma, my dear.
我已经走完该走的三圈中的一圈了
I have done one of my three turns.
你能帮我一个忙吗
Could I ask you for some help?
你能帮我把围巾系好吗
Could you tie my scarf, make it a bit more secure?
你觉得我应该接着走吗
Do you think I should finish my walk?
当然 我们要保持惯例
Of course, we must keep to routine.
奈特利先生 请原谅我
Ah, Mr Knightley. Do forgive me,
我需要散步 开始了就要坚持下去
I have to walk and when Ive started, I can't stop.
只有爱玛招待你可以吗
Will you be all right with just Emma for company?
因为我还是可以...
Because I can always...
我想爱玛和我可以照顾好自己的
Oh, I think Emma and I can manage by ourselves for now.
史密斯小姐今天没来吗 在花丛中摇曳生姿
No Miss Smith today, looking fetching amongst the roses?
我以为你们俩形影不离呢
I thought she was becoming a fixture?
不 我不是在取笑你
No, no, I'm not teasing you.
史密斯小姐漂亮可爱
Miss Smith is a pretty little creature
我很期待看到她的个性有所改进
and I am inclined to think her character improved.
我觉得受你的影响 她的确进步了
And I think she has improved due to your influence.
谢谢 鉴于你从来不愿夸奖我
Thank you. And as you never praise me unless you can possibly help it
真让我觉得受到极大的恭维
that must be a compliment.
她很快就会过来的
She will be here soon
除非她能从海伯里的流言中脱身
if she can extricate herself from the Highbury gossips.
闲言碎语让人伤神
Tiresome wretches.
也许她比你更能忍♥受
It's possible that she is more tolerant
那些闲言碎语
of tiresome wretches than you are.
也许她因为什么好事耽误了
But maybe she is delayed on far more pleasant business?
真的吗 -我有理由相信
Really? - I have good reason to believe that
你的朋友很快就会收到好消息
your friend will soon receive good news.
而且你也会喜欢的
And it is news that will appeal to you.
桌子下面还有你的新娘和新郎娃娃吗
Any of your brides and bridegrooms still live under there?
没有 我已经不玩娃娃了
No. I am quite grown out of dolls.
那让我来告诉你
So, let me tell you.
罗伯特·马丁先生无可救药地爱上了
Mr Robert Martin is desperately in love with
你的史密斯小姐 想要娶她为妻
your Miss Smith and means to marry her.
瞧 我也让你惊讶一次 是吧
There. I have surprised you for once.
他来找我谈这件事
He came to speak to me about it,
虽然我不觉得门当户对
and despite my doubts about the match
我还是祝福他们 那是前天的事
I gave my blessing. This was the day before yesterday.
我必须说 我很惊讶
I must say I'm surprised
你朋友居然没告诉你
your friend has been able to keep the good news to herself.
他应该昨天就有所行动了
I thought he would have spoken yesterday.
他看起来下定了决心 -你怎么知道
He was so determined. - How do you know that
马丁先生昨天没有表态呢
Mr Martin did not voice his thoughts yesterday?
我不敢完全确定
I do not know it absolutely.
我以为她一整天都和你在一起
I thought she spent the whole day with you.
现在我要告诉你一些事
Now I will tell you something.
马丁先生昨天已经表态了 他写了信
Mr Martin did speak yesterday. That is, he wrote
而且被拒绝了
and he was refused.
那她就是比我想的还要傻
Then she is an even greater simpleton than I thought!
噢 当然了
Oh, of course,
女人拒绝求婚总是让人费解的
its incomprehensible that a woman would ever refuse an offer of marriage
男人总以为只要求婚 女人就会答应
A man imagines a woman ready for anyone who asks her.
男人才没有那么想
A man does not imagine any such thing.
哈丽特·史密斯拒绝了罗伯特·马丁
Harriet Smith refuse Robert Martin?
真是疯了
Its madness.
也许你弄错了
Maybe you are mistaken.
我看着她回信的 再清楚不过了
I saw her answer. Nothing could be clearer.
你看着她回信的
You saw her answer?
你们好
Hello.
是你替她写的吧
You wrote it.
你说服她拒绝他的 爱玛 看着我
You persuaded her to refuse him. Emma, look at me!
完全是你的行事风格 我敢肯定
This is your doing. I am sure of it.
你骗不了我的
You could never lie to me with any success.
马丁先生是一位值得尊敬的年轻男子
Mr Martin is a very respectable young man,
我很确定
I am sure.
但是我觉得他和哈丽特不登对
But I will not agree that he is Harriets equal.
他当然和她不登对 他比她优越多了
No, he is not her equal. He is far her superior.
哈丽特·史密斯是毫无家庭背景的私生女
Harriet Smith is the natural daughter of nobody knows whom.
她既不通情达理 也无一技之长
Shes not a sensible girl and has been taught nothing useful.
涉世未深 智慧浅薄
She has no experience and little wit.
她很漂亮 或许脾气尚可
She is pretty, good tempered, maybe.
但仅此而已了
But that is all.
我觉得在任何方面 他都不会比她差
I felt that in all respects he could do no worse.
但是他此前如此深爱着她
But he was so in love with her,
现在也还深爱着她
he IS so in love with her
以至于根本无法劝他改变心意
that he would not be reasoned with.
我甚至想过 爱玛也会觉得这是一门好婚事
I even thought, "Even Emma will think that this is a good match."
你怎么会这么不了解我 说出这种话
I cant believe you know so little of Emma as to say such a thing.
一个农民 对我的闺蜜来说 怎会是门好亲事
A farmer, a good match for MY intimate friend?
简直是屈尊才对
It would be a degradation.
屈尊 一个无知的私生女
A degradation? For illegitimacy and ignorance
嫁给一个受人尊敬 有智慧的农民算屈尊?
to be married to a respectable, intelligent farmer?
有一点毫无疑问的是
There can scarcely be any doubt that
她的父亲曾是位绅士 富有的绅士
her father was a gentleman, and a gentleman of fortune.
她向来衣食无忧
Nothing has been begrudged her.
为什么一个孩子要为他人的过错负责
Why should the child pay for the offences of others?
哈丽特绝对是一位绅士的女儿
Harriet IS a gentlemans daughter,
她在和绅士的女儿往来
she associates with gentlemens daughters.
如此一来 她就比你的罗伯特·马丁地位优越
She is therefore superior to your Robert Martin.
爱玛 我们活在真实的世界
Emma, Emma, we live in the real world,
父母所犯的错会给孩子带来不幸
where children do pay for the offence of their parents,
而且似乎无论她的父母是谁
and it does not appear to be in their plans
他们都不准备让哈丽特介入他们的生活
to introduce Harriet into their society, whoever they may be.
但是我们住在海伯里
But we live here in Highbury,
我们会给予别人应得的尊敬和礼貌
where we treat people with the respect and courtesy they deserve.
哈丽特所有的朋友 虽然我不认识
Harriets friends, whoever they may be,
都觉得在戈达德太太的寄宿学校 有她的陪伴
thought Mrs Goddards boarding school and company
对她来说已经足够好了
good enough for Harriet.
哈丽特自己也觉得心满意足了
And Harriet also thought it good enough
直到你鼓动她去幻想一些不合身份的事
until you encouraged her to think above her station.
她夏天时和马丁一家过得快乐极了
She was as happy as possible with the Martins in the summer.
罗伯特也不是自负的人
And Robert has no vanity.
他要是觉得哈丽特不喜欢自己的话 是不会求婚的
He would not have proposed if he thought that she did not favour him.
她一定有所暗示的
She must have encouraged him.
那么 就像你说的 让我们回到现实中来
Well then, let us, as you say, live in the real world,
现实中的男人都喜欢拒绝空有漂亮脸蛋的女孩
where men of course always reject a girl with a pretty face
而喜欢博才多学的女子
in favour of one with a well informed mind.
什么 -噢 不不不 我拜倒在您渊博的知识下
What? - Oh, no, no, no. I bow to your superior knowledge,
以及您年长多年的经验 您一定懂得更多
your 16 years more experience. You must know best.
哈丽特 美丽动人 温柔大方
Harriet, with her good looks and easy temperament
你们男人恨不得排起长队
will be right at the back of the queue with your sex
等着她来挑呢
when it comes to choosing a mate.
现在我们都已经表明立场
Now we have both made our argument,
争吵到此为止
let us not quarrel.
说真的
Hmm! Really,
我宁愿你呆笨无知 也比现在伶牙俐齿好 爱玛
it is better to be without wits than apply them as you do, Emma.
瞧 你再次证明我说的是对的
There. Don't you see how you add force to my argument?
男人不喜欢争辩反驳的女生
Men dont like girls who argue.
哈丽特就是每个男人梦寐以求的那种女孩
Harriet is just the sort of girl every man wants.
她让男人得到视觉上的美感
She bewitches his senses and
对男人言听计从 满足他们的虚荣
剧集 | 艾玛(2009) | 导航列表