剧集 | 艾玛(2009) | 导航列表
Well, we will see.
我相信如果她身陷爱河 会克服一切障碍的
I'm sure that obstacle can be surmounted in the event of a happy liaison
只不过还没到时候呢
But not just yet.
你没看到她昨天晚上精神多好
Did she not look well last night?
你什么时候看到过那么可爱的人
Have you ever seen such loveliness!
那么健康而有活力
Such good health and bloom!
我不觉得爱玛这个人有什么问题
I have never had any fault to find in Emmas person.
她永远都是家里最聪明最漂亮的那一个
Shes always been the cleverest and the prettiest of the family.
爱玛一直是众人眼里最特别的姑娘
Emma has always been of special regard.
我喜欢看着她 她也不会因为外貌而虚荣
I love to look at her and she's not vain about her looks.
不 她的虚荣心在其他地方
No, her vanity lies in another direction
而且很明显 你不愿意和我有进一步的讨论
and you have cleverly put me off its discussion.
谁也改变不了我的想法
I am not to be talked out of
我就是不喜欢她和哈丽特·史密斯走那么近
my dislike of her intimacy with harriet Smith
而且我恐怕这对她们两个都不是好事
and my fear it will do them both harm.
那会勾起爱玛的虚荣心
It will play to Emmas vanity.
我觉得没什么坏处
And I see no harm at all.
哈丽特可以从爱玛优越的地位得到很多好处
Harriet will benefit from Emmas superior position.
当然她不是爱玛最理想的女伴
Of course she is not the ideal companion for her
但是在海伯里 有谁能和爱玛比肩媲美
but then, who is her equal, in Highbury?
反过来 哈丽特可以...
And Harriet can, in return, she...
她们可以一起读书
well, they can read together.
你总是跟爱玛说她应该多读点书
You are always telling Emma she should read more.
爱玛自从10岁起就打算要多读书
Emmas been meaning to read more since she was ten years old.
她列的书单很不错 我承认
She makes a good list, Ill concede,
但是我看不出来哈丽特·史密斯
but I dont see how Harriet Smith
有什么本事能敦促她读书
could get her to read any of the books on it
毕竟你都没做到
any more than you could.
别担心 哈丽特
Dont worry, Harriet,
作为新人 你做得很不错了
you are doing well indeed, for a beginner.
早上好 史密斯小姐 -早上好 马丁先生
Good morning, Miss Smith. - Good morning, Mr Martin.
希望你一切都好 -确实很好 谢谢
I hope I find you well? - Very well indeed, thank you.
希望你母亲和姐♥妹♥们♥身体都好
I do hope that your mother and sisters are in good health?
很好 谢谢
Very good health, thank you.
我想问一声 你找到我向你推荐的那本书了吗
I wonder, did you manage to find the book I recommended?
《林中传奇》
The Romance of The Forest.
我很抱歉还没有
No, I'm afraid I didnt.
但是我已经拜托我的姐♥妹♥们♥帮我留心了
But Ive asked my sisters to look out for it.
我会尽快开始读的
And will read it as soon as I can manage.
那么 再见了
Well, good day.
哈丽特 那个年轻人是谁
Harriet, who was that young man?
那是我的马丁先生
Oh, that was my Mr Martin.
一个朋友 我和他度过了一个愉快的夏天
You know, my friend that I spent such a happy summer with.
但是我以为马丁家
But I thought the Martins were
是一对中年夫妇和两个女儿 -不是的
a middle aged couple with two daughters? - Oh, no!
没有老马丁先生
There is no older Mr Martin.
是年轻的马丁先生在管理农场
Young Mr Martin runs the farm.
我很惊讶你不认识他
I'm surprised you do not know him.
他经常拜访奈特利先生 我相信他认识你
He often visits Mr Knightley and I am sure he knows you.
三个苹果 谢谢
Three apples, please.
应该是那样
It would be that way around.
他应该认识我
He would know me
但是我不明白为什么我要认识一个农民
but I'm not sure why I would know a farmer.
谢谢
Thank you.
哈丽特 能告诉我为什么
Harriet, is there any reason
你要叫他"你的"马丁先生呢
why you would call that young man "your Mr Martin"?
我意思是我的朋友马丁先生
I meant my friend Mr Martin.
你觉得他怎么样
Tell me, what do you think of him?
他是不是太平凡了 你觉得呢
Is he so very plain? Do you think?
当然 平凡得不能再平凡了
He is remarkably plain.
我觉得大家也不会对一个农民有太高期望
I suppose one would not expect very much of a farmer
但是我没想到他会如此滑稽
but I had no notion he would be so very clownish.
说老实话 他确实不像真正的绅士那样有教养
To be sure. He is not so genteel as a real gentleman.
我无意冒犯 相信我
Oh, I mean no offence, I'm sure.
一个农民也没必要有教养
A farmer has no need to be genteel,
我只是觉得现在
but I would have thought that now
你已经接触到了一些
you have been exposed to some
哈特菲尔德真正有教养 受过良好教育的绅士
very good specimens of well bred, well educated men at Hartfield,
你会恍然发现
you would be struck by
你的罗伯特·马丁其实并不是一个好伴侣
how unfavourable a companion your Robert Martin presents.
伍德豪斯小姐 我又收到了简寄来的信
Miss Woodhouse. Another letter from Jane!
不如你和史密斯小姐进来喝杯茶
Wont you and Miss Smith step inside for tea
顺便听我读信
while I read it to you?
我很抱歉 贝茨小姐
Oh, I'm sorry, Miss Bates.
哈丽特和我要去慰问穷困人家
Harriet and I are going to visit the poor.
我们明天来吧 例行拜访
We will come and listen tomorrow on our usual visit.
那好吧 那就明天见
Ah well, good then. Well, till tomorrow.
幸好逃过了
That was a very lucky escape.
我希望我在提到姐姐家的小外甥们时
I hope I never bore people a tenth
烦人程度不到贝茨小姐的十分之一
as much about all the little Knightleys
她一说起简·费尔法克斯来就没完没了
as Miss Bates does about Jane Fairfax.
我都听烦了简·费尔法克斯这个名字了
I am sick of the very name Jane Fairfax.
每封信都会被念上40遍 我要被她烦死了
Every letter must be read 40 times over. She bores me to death!
真是可惜 我和简还有弗兰克·丘吉尔
Which is a pity, because Jane, Frank Churchill and I
在某种程度上是命运与共的
are bound together in a mysterious sort of way.
弗兰克就像一个迷路的小孩 回不了家
Frank is like a lost boy, never to return home.
甚至不能参加他父亲的婚礼
Not even for his fathers wedding.
多可怜
How sad.
简写信来了 抚慰我们的心
A letter from Jane, Mother, to warm us.
我问了伍德豪斯小姐愿不愿意来听我读信
I asked Miss Woodhouse if she would like to hear it,
但是她不能来
but she cannot.
她忙着要去救济穷♥人♥
She is so very busy on vicarage business,
不过没关系
but never mind.
她明天会来听的 像往常一样在星期三
She will hear it tomorrow, on Wednesday, as usual.
我的眼镜呢 在这里 我开始读了
Now what did I do with my... Oh, yes, here we are.
我在想马丁先生怎么会忘读我推荐的书
I did wonder Mr Martin didnt remember to read the book I suggested.
那是一本爱情小说
It was a romance.
可能在他看来 生意比《林中传奇》更重要
He thinks too much of business for The Romance Of The Forest?
什么样的男人竟会那样啊
What kind of man is that?
如果他现在就这样 他才... -24
If he is like that at... - Four and twenty.
才24岁 想想他年纪大一些后会变成什么样
Four and twenty, just think what hell be like when hes older.
他会变成一个非常讨厌 粗俗 懒散的农民
He will be a totally gross, vulgar, inattentive farmer
脑子里只想着农场的盈亏
who thinks of nothing but profit and loss.
我不明白他怎么会不记得那本书
I do wonder he did not remember the book.
别难过 哈丽特
Oh, dont be upset, Harriet.
我们给自己打打气吧
Lets cheer ourselves up.
想想更好的男人
Let us think of superior men.
还有很多更合适的追求者的
There are plenty more suitable suitors around.
你的树画得很不错
That is a very good tree.
年轻女孩子们现在都如此多才多艺
How accomplished young women are in all areas these days.
受宠若惊 埃尔顿先生
You flatter us, Mr Elton.
我能看出来你想要捕捉那...
Oh, yes, I see how you have tried to capture the,
光线 还有那种感觉
er, the light and the, the atmosphere...
如此精致又如此...
so delicate yet so...
具有感染力
eloquent.
我记得你和爱玛也像那样一起画画
I remember you and Emma painting in exactly that way.
画架的位置都没变
Easels just so.
我想万物注定都会改变
I suppose things must change.
我觉得她和哈丽特做朋友是件好事
I think her friendship with Harriet is a very good thing.
爱玛是个优秀的老师
Emma is an excellent teacher,
你也不希望爱玛没我的陪伴
and you would not want her to be so lonely without me
孤独地想要逃往别处
that she wished to be elsewhere?
别处 爱玛 不会的 那样谁来管家
Elsewhere? Emma? No, not possible. Who would run the house?
爱玛已经不是孩子了 她已经是成熟的女人了
Emma is no longer a child but a mature young woman.
我作为老师的工作已经完成了
My work as governess is done,
但是我永远都是她的朋友
but I will always be a friend to her
也是你的
and to you.
这真是...
This truly is,
一点儿也不夸张 我从来没见过如此...
with no exaggeration... I have seen lesser works in...
埃尔顿先生
Mr Elton?
你不觉得人像画会很美吗
剧集 | 艾玛(2009) | 导航列表