剧集 | 艾玛(2009) | 导航列表
So, how was my old friend, hm?
爱玛起很早去看贝茨小姐
Emma was up and about very early to visit Miss Bates.
她很喜欢那些馅饼
She was pleased with the pies.
你们去野餐带那么多食物
There was so much food taken to that picnic!
不吃肯定要放坏了 那么多肉多可惜
It would surely spoil! Dreadful extravagance of meats!
我邀请贝茨小姐下周五来我们家
I reminded Miss Bates that she is to be our guest next Friday
吃饭 下棋
for, er, supper and backgammon.
你也来吗
Won't you come, too?
恐怕那时候 我还没回来
I'm afraid I will still be away.
我的行程安排得很满
It is to be a substantial trip.
你是临时决定去的 是吧
This is a sudden idea, isn't it?
确实是临时起意
It is a sudden decision,
但是我想出去走走已经很久了
but I have been thinking about going away for a while.
我很高兴贝茨小姐喜欢那些食物
I am glad Miss Bates liked the food.
再见
Goodbye.
不知道大家为什么都喜欢上了旅行
I don't know why everyone is infected by this wanderlust,
即使明智的奈特利先生也不例外
even sensible Mr. Knightley.
你知道 我觉得我父亲会担心的
You know, I believe my father would worry.
我觉得乔治有点儿不对劲
I believe George is not well
变得无精打采 脾气暴躁 -说什么
he is listless and snappish. - What?
你变得很奇怪 不像从前的你
You are behaving strangely, not yourself.
你不想跟卡文迪什家一起共进晚餐
You did not want to dine with the Cavendishes,
也不想带孩子们去院子里捉青蛙
you did not wish to take the boys to find frogs in the park.
在我看来
Some might say
不愿意参加那晚宴和捉青蛙 才是正常的反应吧
hesitation was a perfectly normal response to both those invitations.
她说奈特利先生懒于说笑
She says Mr. Knightley is not in good humour.
这不像他啊
That's very unlike him.
我跟你说过他不应该去旅行
I told you he should not travel.
我想把奈特利先生坐的椅子 重装椅面
I think we should re-upholster the chair where Mr. Knightley sits.
真的吗 可以啊
Oh, really? As you wish.
椅面怎么了
What's wrong with it?
我习惯了看他坐在那儿
I am so used to him sitting there...
我都好多年没注意那张椅子了
I haven't really looked at that chair in years.
我觉得该换新的椅面了
I think it's time it had some new covers.
"爱玛要将奈特利先生的椅子翻新
"Emma is to refurbish Mr. Knightley's chair.
她还多次登门拜访费尔法克斯小姐
"She has also made several attempts to visit Miss Fairfax
但她总是身体不适 不能会客
"but she is always too ill to receive her.
于是今天艾玛送去了我们最好的葛粉
"So, today, Emma sent our best arrowroot
希望她服用后能早日康复"
"so Miss Fairfax may benefit from its properties."
我好心好意送了葛粉过去
I sent the arrowroot with the very best of intentions
但是贝茨小姐写信说
but Miss Bates wrote and said that Jane
简不喜欢葛粉 她身体太虚无法外出走动
disliked it and was too weak to even venture outside.
恐怕不管我怎样努力
I am afraid that however hard I try
我都无法成为简的朋友
I will never become Jane's friend.
真是遗憾
I am truly sorry.
丘吉尔太太过世了
Mrs. Churchill is dead!
关我们什么事
Why should we care?
约翰
John!
弗兰克自♥由♥了
Frank will be free!
当然 对于丘吉尔太太的死 我们都很难过
Though, of course, we are all very sad that Mrs. Churchill has died.
多年来根本就没人喜欢丘吉尔太太
Mrs.Churchill has not been anyone's favourite person for several years.
她一死 我们就要感到难过吗
Suddenly she is dead and we all have to be sorry!
听到这个可怕的消息 我真是太高兴了
I am so very happy at this... dreadful news.
的确很令人难过
It is, of course, very sad,
但这也使得局面变得万分有趣
but it is also extremely interesting.
你知道韦斯顿家一直很中意艾玛...
You know the Westons have always intended Emma...
婚姻要两情相悦
People marry who they choose.
不该凭外人乱牵红线
You should not encourage idle matchmaking.
我们可以畅想未来了
We may look to the future.
弗兰克可以自♥由♥决定自己的人生
Frank may do as he chooses.
怎么了
What is it?
你还好吗 一切都好吗
Are you well? Is everything all right?
是的 别慌 艾玛
Oh, yes. Do not be alarmed, Emma.
我不知该怎么告诉你
I don't know how to tell you.
伊莎贝拉吗 还是孩子们
Isabella? Oh, the children?
难道是奈特利 求你 快告诉我
Knightley? Oh, tell me quick, please!
不 亲爱的艾玛
Oh, no! Oh, dear Emma...
是弗兰克
It's Frank.
弗兰克订婚了
Frank is engaged...
跟简·费尔法克斯
to Jane Fairfax.
简
Jane...
费尔法克斯
Fairfax?!
你在说笑吧
You are not serious!
他们早就正式订婚了
There has been a solemn engagement between them
十月份在威茅斯时就定下了
since October, since they were at Weymouth.
我...
Well, I...
我想我需要...
I think I might need a good...
大半天的时间才能回过神来
half day to think about this.
订婚了
Engaged?!
跟她吗 在他们回到海伯里之前就订婚了
To her?! All winter, before either of them came back to Highbury?
我以为我了解他
I thought I knew him.
这深深地伤害了我 艾玛
This has hurt me deeply, Emma,
也伤害了他父亲
and his father.
我们无法为他的一些行为辩解
We cannot excuse a certain part of his conduct.
可他订婚了 为何要融入我们
But why did he come amongst us, already engaged,
并假装是个身无羁绊的单身汉
and then pretend to be so very unengaged?
他们必须保守秘密
It all had to be so very secret, you see.
如果丘吉尔太太知道了 会禁止他们联络...
Mrs. Churchill would have forbidden the liaison if she...
显然 有几次秘密差点就败露
Apparently, there were times when the secret nearly came out.
真是失误啊
It was a mistake.
他有一次
And he was on the verge of
差一点就想将实情告知于你
telling you himself on one particular occasion.
总之
In short,
伍德豪斯小姐 既然你善于洞察人心
perhaps, Miss Woodhouse, as you know everything,
那你肯定有所察觉
you could hardly be without suspicion.
艾玛 -你别为此伤神
Oh, Emma... - Do not distress yourself.
别因为我而愧疚自责
Do not trouble yourself on my part.
我的确 有那么片刻
I did, once,
想象自己爱上了他
imagine myself to be in love with him.
但我可以坦诚相告 几个月来
But I can honestly say that for many months past,
我对他没有过那种想法
I have not thought of him in that way.
但是
But...
我没爱上他
... I was not in love with him.
可他是怎么知道的
But how was he supposed to know that?
简怎能忍♥受如此煎熬 等着他
How could Jane bear it, waiting for him
在他取悦另一个女人的时候冷眼旁观
and looking on while he gave attentions to another woman?
难怪她不敢见我
No wonder she cannot stand the sight of me!
真不像个男人
So unlike what a man should be!
不讲实话 没有原则 毫无正直可言
No truth, no principle, no integrity.
品行恶劣
Badly done indeed!
还有 斯莫里奇太太那边怎么办
And moreover, what about Mrs. Smallridge?
他眼看着简去给别人做家庭教师
He allowed Jane to contract herself out as a governess
吭都不吭一声
without speaking up!
他应该感到羞耻 -那件事...
Shame on him! - Ah, now...
我至少要为他辩解一下
I must excuse him that, at least.
他不知道
He did not know.
简接受了那个职位
Jane agreed to take the position
是因为她等不下去了
because she could not wait any longer.
我确实很疲倦 但并非通常所说的那种
I am fatigued, but it is not the usual kind.
因为他们在唐韦尔庄园发生了争吵
And because they argued at Donwell.
我看见
I saw...
来的路上看见简·费尔法克斯在步行回家
I saw Jane Fairfax walking home on the way here.
在这种天气下真是疯了 不要命了
Madness in this weather! Insane!
但他知道后
But as soon as he found out,
而且他姨妈无法再阻挠他
and with his aunt no longer opposed,
他赶去同她见面
he threw himself on Jane's kindness
终止了长达数月的煎熬苦楚
and put an end to the months of misery.
"数月的煎熬苦楚"
"Months of misery"!
我们是煎熬苦楚吗
Is that what we were?!
我还得意地以为我们是
And here was I thinking we welcomed
热情友好地欢迎他回到海伯里呢
剧集 | 艾玛(2009) | 导航列表