剧集 | 艾玛(2009) | 导航列表
It is true that the Coles are in trade and are of low origin,
我根本没盼望过收到他们的邀请
and I would never dream of accepting an invitation.
那你还烦躁什么呢
So what's the problem?
我懂了 你还没接到邀请 对吧
Oh, I see. You haven't had an invitation yet, have you?
科尔家一定不会邀请我家 你家 和韦斯顿家
The Coles would never invite us, or you, or the Westons.
我们的地位比他们高太多了 -可我收到了
We are too superior. - Oh, I've had mine.
是吗 -我肯定韦斯顿家也收到邀请了
Really?! - Pretty sure the Westons have, too.
毕竟这件事是由青年才俊丘吉尔先生筹划的
The wonderful Mr. Churchill was the architect of the plan, after all.
我觉得科尔家非常失礼
Well, I think it very uncivil of the Coles.
可你刚不是说 他们如果邀请才失礼吗
You just said it would be rude of them to ask.
确实 但是...
Yes, but...
但是你希望可以有拒绝他们的机会
But you wish to be able to refuse them
因为你的等级意识让你习惯如此
in the manner in which you are accustomed.
无论如何 我很惊讶你今天在家 -为什么
Anyway, I am surprised to find you in today. - Why?
最近我来拜访时你总不在家
You are usually out and about nowadays whenever I visit.
总是跟那个返乡浪子在一起
Always in the company of the prodigal son.
奈特利先生
Mr. Knightley,
这么尖酸刻薄可不像你啊
it does not become you to be sarcastic.
我确实喜欢弗兰克·丘吉尔的陪伴
I do take pleasure in Frank Churchill's company,
大多数人都如此 除了那些尖酸刻薄的小人
as anyone but the sourest of personalities would,
不过今天上午他出城了
but today he is out of town for the morning.
他二十年都没回来过
He doesn't come here for 20 years
结果又要消失一整天吗
and then he disappears for a day?
他有急事
He has urgent business.
他去伦敦剪头发了
He has gone to London to have his hair cut.
剪头发 果然是"当务之急"啊
His hair cut. Of course, imperative business indeed!
是科尔家送来的邀请
It is an invitation from the Coles.
他们之前没贸然邀请
They did not like to ask us before
是因为需要先装一个壁炉的挡板
for they were anxious to first acquire a screen for the fire
让父亲能觉得舒适
so that Father might be at ease.
他们就是这样周全体贴 谦虚真诚的人
That is the kind of thoughtful, unpretentious people that they are.
不过当然了 你肯定马上就要回绝他们
But, of course, you must refuse them at once.
还等什么呢
What are you waiting for?
这个嘛...
Well,
鉴于这么多朋友都会去
as so many of my friends will be there,
而且是丘吉尔先生负责音乐
and as Mr. Churchill is organising the music...
科尔先生 这太美了
Mr. Cole, how lovely!
看来你克服了对科尔家的偏见
I see you have overcome your prejudice against the Coles.
既然他们这么有礼貌
Well, they were so very civil.
我也不想那么傲慢地固执己见
And I am not so proud that I cannot admit to changing my mind.
话说回来
Anyway,
你也收起了自己的傲慢 接受了我的建议嘛
you are not so proud that you cannot take my advice.
那辆马车...
The coach...
你的到场方式终于符合绅士作风了
it is the arrival of a gentleman, at last.
我这次很乐意同你一起进去了
I am happy to enter the room with you for once.
真是个荒谬的姑娘
Nonsensical girl!
伍德豪斯小姐
Miss Woodhouse!
欢迎您的大驾光临
We are in need of assistance that only you can give!
我得承认 头发确实剪得很好
Well, I must say, it is a fine haircut.
不过我还是不懂
Though I'm not sure
他为什么非要赶去伦敦剪
why he needed to go all the way to London and back for it.
伍德豪斯小姐 感谢您的光临
Oh, Miss Woodhouse, thank you so much for coming.
真是蓬荜生辉啊
We are so honoured to invite you into our home.
希望您今晚过得愉快
I hope you will enjoy the evening.
我会的 谢谢
I'm sure I shall. Thank you.
真是了不得的东西啊
It was the most extraordinary thing.
我去拜访贝茨小姐 你们猜我见到了什么
I called on Miss Bates, and what should I see,
一架寄给简·费尔法克斯的巨大的钢琴
but the most enormous pianoforte addressed to Jane Fairfax?
那真是架优雅的乐器 但是太大了
It is a very elegant instrument, but so large.
简完全不知道
Jane was quite at a loss as to
究竟是谁送她一份如此贵重的礼物
who might have sent her this magnificent gift.
那到底是谁送的啊 -简完全不知道
Well, who would have sent it? - Jane has no idea.
但肯定是坎贝尔上校送的吧
Well, it must be Colonel Campbell, surely?
她说他最近的信里没提到礼物的事情
She said he wrote recently and did not mention the gift.
真是个谜啊
It is a mystery!
失陪
Excuse me.
失陪
Excuse me.
你笑什么呢
Why are you smiling?
那你又笑什么呢
Why are you?
我很高兴坎贝尔上校
I am happy that Colonel Campbell
如此慷慨地送了简一份厚礼
has sent Jane such a generous gift.
你看起来不太相信
You look sceptical.
你觉得送礼物的另有其人吗
Do you have another candidate?
我记得迪克逊先生
I seem to remember Mr. Dixon
觉得费尔法克斯小姐在钢琴上的造诣无人可及
thought Miss Fairfax unsurpassed at the piano.
真的吗 那坎贝尔小姐会怎么想
Indeed! And how did Miss Campbell take that?
可怜的坎贝尔小姐
Poor Miss Campbell.
想想她真是悲剧
Imagine the misery of
寄养的姐妹总在自己身边碍手碍脚
always having one's particular friend at hand,
何况还样样都比自己优秀
to do everything so much better than oneself.
送礼的人应该就是坎贝尔上校吧
Surely it must be Colonel Campbell, hmm?
但坎贝尔上校为什么要如此神神秘秘的
But why would Colonel Campbell do so in secret?
为何置她的名声于不顾
Why would he risk her reputation?
绅士永远不会置淑女的名声于不顾
A gentleman would never risk a lady's reputation.
当然了 除非他处于疯狂的热恋当中
Unless, of course, he was most ardently in love.
当然了 -伍德豪斯小姐
Of course. - Er, Miss Woodhouse.
请务必
Please,
赏光为我们弹奏一曲
would you do us the honour of playing?
*噢 请告诉我*
*Oh, where, tell me where*
*那高地少年身在何方*
*is your Highland laddie gone?*
*噢 请告诉我*
*Oh, where, tell me where*
*那高地少年身在何方*
*is your Highland laddie gone?*
*他追随着勇士们*
*He has gone with streams of valours*
*去完成那高尚的事业*
*where noble deeds are done.*
*而我悲伤的心会一直颤抖*
*And my sad heart will tremble*
*直至他平安归来*
*till he comes safely home.*
*噢 请告诉我*
*Oh, where, tell me where*
*那高地少年驻足何方*
*did your Highland laddie stay?*
*噢 请告诉我*
*Oh, where, tell me where*
*那高地少年驻足何方*
*did your Highland laddie stay?*
*他安家在那冬青树下*
*He dwelt beneath the holly bush*
*就在那奔流的斯佩河边*
*beside the rushing Spey*
*你的祝福永远追随 他踏着夜色离去的脚步*
*where your blessing followed him the night he went away.*
*他安家在那冬青树下*
*He dwelt beneath the holly bush*
*就在那奔流的斯佩河边*
*beside the rushing Spey*
*你的祝福永远追随 他踏着夜色离去的脚步*
*where your blessing followed him the night he went away.*
费尔法克斯小姐 能请您
Miss Fairfax, would you,
能请您赏光为我们演奏一曲吗
er, would you honour us with a brief tune?
我坚持 请务必赏光
Please, I insist, please.
她弹得比我好太多了
She is so very much a better player than I am.
告诉我 亲爱的
Tell me, my dear,
你能猜出来今天贝茨小姐
can you guess how Miss Bates
和简·费尔法克斯是怎么来的吗
and Jane Fairfax arrived here today?
肯定是走来的吧
Well, they walked, surely?
我也是这么想的 我想到简身体不好
And so I thought. It struck me that Jane is not well
也许会需要有人送她一程
and would appreciate a ride home
所以我提议用马车送她
so I offered her our carriage.
她表示感谢 不过她说是奈特利先生
She thanked me but said that Mr. Knightley
派马车去接来了她们 也会送她们回去的
had sent his carriage to fetch them and would take them home.
我觉得他就是为此才驱马车前来的
I think he only brought his carriage for that purpose alone.
这太像他的风格了
That is just what he would do.
而他却从未向我透露半个字
And he never said a word to me.
女士们先生们 我成功劝说费尔法克斯小姐
Ladies and gentlemen, I have persuaded Miss Fairfax
为我们演奏三首民谣
to perform three lovely ballads for us.
丘吉尔先生 就一首
Mr. Churchill, please, one.
她当然不能弹奏三首
Surely she can't play all those,
她会累坏的
you will tire her out with all this playing.
我向你保证 费尔法克斯小姐...
Oh, I assure you Miss Fairfax is...
事实上 我觉得奈特利先生
Indeed, I have been thinking that our Mr. Knightley
可能终于找到满意的结婚对象了
might just have turned his mind to matrimony at last.
不 你一定搞错了
剧集 | 艾玛(2009) | 导航列表