剧集 | 艾玛(2009) | 导航列表
Did you know, Mr. Knightley?
这样的喜讯我总是后知后觉
I am usually the last to discover glad tidings.
你呢 伍德豪斯小姐
What about you, Miss Woodhouse?
不出所料
I knew it!
我就猜伍德豪斯小姐早对此了如指掌
I knew Miss Woodhouse would know all about this,
小姐冰雪聪明
she who is so very wise and
又能洞察人的心思
reads the workings of the human heart so well.
当然早就知道了
Of course she would know.
我想我永远都会是最后一个
I am sure I would always be the last
知道男婚女嫁这类事情的人了
to know about matters of a romantic nature.
不知道婚礼会何时举♥行♥
I wonder when the marriage will take place.
不过我们毕竟才听到订婚的消息
Well, we have only heard the first information of the engagement.
贝茨小姐心无歹意
Miss Bates does not mean any harm.
我知道的
Oh, I know
但她句句如针♥刺♥ 实在让人捏一把汗
and that being so it is alarming how often she hits the mark.
我之前是真心认为埃尔顿先生
I had genuinely thought Mr. Elton
与哈丽特很般配
a good match for Harriet.
我也真心觉得
And I really do think her
她与罗伯特·马丁交往不合适
liaison with Robert Martin is not right for her.
我为此感到抱歉
I am sorry for it.
本就很难判断
It is difficult to judge
如何让他人
how to give others
从我们的智慧和洞察中获益
the benefit of our... wisdom and insight.
是啊 我深有体会
Oh, yes, I know, yes.
你说得对 错在我...部分在我
You were right, I was wrong... in part.
可是下次 如果还有下次
But next time, if there is to be one,
我会做得好些
I will do better.
你把我们的好消息告诉她了吗
Have you told her our news?
弗兰克明天就要回家了
Frank is coming home tomorrow!
此话当真
Are you sure?
我都开始怀疑到底有没有弗兰克这个人了
I was beginning to wonder if Frank actually exists,
他总是说好要回来却又因故作罢
he so often does not arrive when he is heralded.
我不知为何大家都认定了弗兰克不会来
I don't know why everyone always assumes that Frank will not come.
我觉得没有理由认为他
I see no reason to suppose that he
有意出尔反尔 以消遣我为乐
takes pleasure in getting my hopes up, just to dash them.
是这样的
The fact is,
我太想见他 才难掩对他失约的失望之情
I am so keen to see him that I cannot contain my disappointment
但他出于对姨妈的责任
when the duty he owes to his aunt
所以别无选择 只能留在她的身边
means he has no choice but to stay by her side.
他这样的美德都要归功于你
It is a great credit to you that he is so,
能如此体贴 孝顺
so sensitive and gentlemanly.
这样的心思是教不来的
It is not something that can be taught,
这与生俱来的品德必是来自你这样的父亲
innate good manners could only have come from such a father.
爱玛小姐 我跟你打赌
Now, Miss Emma, I will make you a wager.
我会带弗兰克去哈特菲尔德
I will bring Frank to Hartfield
而且就在明天下午四点整
tomorrow afternoon at four o'clock precisely,
而到时你就能眼见为实 彻底确认
and you will see for yourself, once and for all,
他是个有血有肉的活人
that he is flesh and blood.
爱玛 你来了 -伍德豪斯小姐
Ah, Emma! There you are! - Miss Woodhouse.
容我向你介绍犬子 弗兰克·丘吉尔先生
May I present my son, Mr. Frank Churchill.
看来你最终是找对路了
You have found your way to us at last!
我听说过你很多的事
I have heard so much about you,
对你已有似曾相识的感觉
it is almost as if we had already met.
是啊 说起来令人称奇
Ah, yes. Um, it's the strangest thing.
当我终于能抽身来拜访
Once I was at last at liberty to visit,
我归心似箭 一路飞奔回来
well, I found my path here like an arrow from a bow.
我应当来感谢你 伍德豪斯小姐
I am obliged to you, Miss Woodhouse.
我曾多次动身 一心想回来看望父亲
Er, I have many times set off, determined to visit my father
可途中又受良心驱使 回到姨妈身边
but on the way my, my conscience forced my return to my aunt,
她病情真的很重
who really is very ill.
上周我几乎到达兰德尔斯 又想到
And last week I almost made it to Randalls when I realised,
我只能停留片刻
so short a visit as I could manage
对我父亲的续弦妻子恐怕更是伤害和不敬
would be even more hurtful and disrespectful to the new Mrs. Weston
倒不如干脆不回来
than no visit at all.
我更不愿伤害我父亲的感情了
And I would not hurt his feelings for the world.
我也一样
Nor I.
我正跟你父亲说 你们两人正好能作伴
I was saying to your father what a good pair you make.
我跟弗兰克说你会带他在海伯里转转
I told Frank you would be his guide to Highbury.
那太好了 我对这里完全不了解
That would be splendid. I do not know it well at all,
而且 不用说 除了家父我谁都不认识
and, of course, I know no-one here except my, my dear father.
不过我必须要去拜访一家人
Although there is a family I must visit here.
好像叫贝恩丝小姐吧 -你是说贝茨小姐吗
It's a, a Miss Baines, is it? - Miss Bates?
对了 是贝茨 -我的天 为何啊
Bates, yes. - My goodness, why?
我在威茅斯见过她外甥女简·费尔法克斯
Well, I met her niece, Jane Fairfax, in Weymouth.
对了 我跟弗兰克说
Yes, I told Frank that
虽然简在威茅斯时是与有身份的人在一起的
though he will have seen Jane amongst equals in Weymouth,
但在这里她的家庭生活拮据
here her family are in reduced circumstances
他一定要表现出尊重
and it is important he show respect.
威茅斯吗
Weymouth?
他们看起来相处得不错
They seem to be getting along very well.
那你应该跟坎贝尔家很熟吧
So you are acquainted with the Campbells.
你见到那起小事故了吗
Did you see the incident?
迪克逊先生是不是救了简·费尔法克斯的命
Did not Mr. Dixon save Jane Fairfax's life?
哦 是啊 当时可是镇里热议的话题呢
Oh, er, yes, yes, it was the talk of the town.
她说那根本没什么 -哦 是吗
She said it was nothing. - Oh, did she indeed?
我只能说他确实反应迅速
Well, all I can say is he acted very quickly.
当然了 他站得离她非常近
He was, of course, standing very close to her.
你去过威茅斯吗 伍德豪斯小姐
Have you ever been to Weymouth, Miss Woodhouse?
没有
Er, no.
我从没离开过海伯里
I have never travelled outside of Highbury.
但你看起来这么自信成熟 处事老练
But you are so assured, so sophisticated.
我以为你一定去过的 -没有
No I, I felt sure you had. - No.
海伯里对我来说就像天堂
Highbury has everything I need.
我从没想过要去旅行 -天呐 不
I never want to travel. - Oh, dear, no.
爱玛根本不需要外出旅行
Emma has no need to travel anywhere.
确实如此 先生
Indeed so, sir.
卖♥♥鹅蛋啦 卖♥♥鹅蛋啦
Goose eggs! Goose eggs!
这个是爱尔兰产的吗
Is that an Irish breed?
韦斯顿夫人
Mrs. Weston.
伍德豪斯小姐
Miss Woodhouse.
我去拜访贝茨小姐的任务完成了
My duty to Miss Bates is done.
我本来只想待十分钟
I meant to stay for only ten minutes
可那位小姐说起来就没完
but the good lady kept on talking.
我已经在那待了四十五分钟了
I was there for three quarters of an hour
幸好看到你们 才找借口逃了出来
before I saw you and made my escape.
你觉得费尔法克斯小姐怎么样
How did you find Miss Fairfax?
我觉得她病怏怏的 而且太拘谨了
Ill, I thought, very ill. Oh, and so reserved.
我猜你一定听说了她的处境
You have heard the talk of her situation, of course?
你指什么
What do you mean?
如果她被迫离开坎贝尔家
Well, if she must leave the Campbells
那她就得去做家庭教师
she will have to look for a position as a governess.
请你原谅我如此八卦
You must forgive me for gossiping!
我整个童年时代都在
I spent my whole childhood
聆听别人对她的赞美
hearing her virtues sung from the tree tops.
我们简直就是两个极端 她确实是非常拘谨
We are poles apart. She is so reserved.
这肯定不是什么吸引人的特质
It's not a very attractive quality, to be sure.
没有人会爱上一个拘谨的人
One could never love a reserved person.
我猜你和我一样欣赏我父亲的新妻子
Oh, I take it you approve as much as me of my father's new wife?
我原本只猜想她会是一个有品味和头脑的女人
I expected a woman of taste and judgement
却没想到她同时也如此年轻貌美
but never one so young and pretty.
关于这个话题
Ah, now that is a subject
我乐于滔滔不绝地说上几个小时
you would find me happy to talk about for hours.
有信送到吗 父亲
Has there been any post, Father?
今天上午没有 亲爱的 为何问这个呢
Not this morning, my dear. Why do you ask?
就是随便问问
No reason.
丘吉尔先生告诉我说
Mr. Churchill told me that
科尔家准备开一个派对来庆祝新装潢
the Coles are to celebrate their new improvements with a party.
他还劝说他们演奏些音乐呢
Indeed he has persuaded them to have music.
那与你何干
Well, why should that bother you?
反正你从未盼望过收到科尔家的邀请
You would never dream of accepting an invitation from the Coles.
科尔家确实是商人 出身又低
剧集 | 艾玛(2009) | 导航列表