剧集 | 艾玛(2009) | 导航列表
哈丽特
Harriet!
哈丽特 到底怎么回事
Harriet! What on earth happened?
伍德豪斯小姐 太可怕了
Miss Woodhouse, it was awful.
我和我朋友贝奇顿小姐在回学校的路上
I was walking back to school with my friend Miss Bickerton,
被一群吉普赛恶棍袭击了
when we were set upon by some villainous evil gypsies.
他们好几十人 要抢我的钱
Dozens of them. They wanted my money.
然后 有人及时出现了
Then, just in time, who should arrive...
怎么回事
What's going on!
正是丘吉尔先生 骑马而至
... but Mr. Churchill. On his horse.
这种恶劣事件以前从未发生过
Such a thing has never happened before!
在海伯里附近的小道走路
We have always been able to walk safely
一向都很安全
in the lanes around Highbury.
多亏你当时碰巧路过
How very fortuitous it was that you just happened along
可怜的哈丽特真是求助无门
when poor Harriet was so desperately in need of your help.
小事一桩 -不 绝不是小事
It was nothing. - Oh, no indeed.
你真是太谦逊了 丘吉尔先生
You are too modest, Mr. Churchill.
你救了我的命
I owe you my life!
真的
I am sure of it!
史密斯小姐
Miss Smith.
没事了
Everything will be fine.
哈丽特若就此陷入今年的第三次热恋
I would not be surprised if Harriet were about to
我是一点都不会感到奇怪的
fall in love for the third time this year.
你气色好多了 -谢谢你
You look much brighter. - Thank you.
你完美地捕捉到了 史密斯小姐的神态
You have captured Miss Smith to perfection.
我真是个傻瓜
What a fool I was.
哈丽特
Harriet,
等你过几年当上幸福新娘
when you are happily married in years to come,
就会一笑而过了
we will laugh about this.
不会的
Oh, no,
伍德豪斯小姐
Miss Woodhouse.
我这辈子不嫁人了
I will never marry.
头一次听你说这话呢
This is a new philosophy.
该不会是因为埃尔顿先生吧
Please, tell me this is not because of Mr. Elton.
他
Him!
当然不是
Oh, no.
就算真是因为什么人
If it were to do with anyone,
也该是个远胜埃尔顿先生的人
that someone would be a man so superior to Mr. Elton,
远远胜过他
on a much higher plane entirely.
哈丽特
Harriet,
我知道我保证过 也完全不打算干涉你
I know I promised and I fully intend never to interfere,
但我觉得 你这个永不嫁人的决定
but do I gather that your resolution never to marry
是因为你感觉自己喜欢的人...
is because you feel the person that you might prefer,
记住我永远都不会再做媒了啊
and remember my match-making days are strictly over,
他太优秀 不可能考虑你吗
is too superior to you to ever think of you?
相信我
Oh, believe me,
我从不敢那样奢望
I have not the presumption.
我没那么疯狂
I am not so mad.
但远远仰慕着他 我就心满意足了
But it pleases me to admire him from a distance.
一想到他的优秀超脱凡俗 睥睨众生
To think of his infinite superiority to all the rest of the world.
我是满心感激 惊叹与崇敬
With gratitude, wonder and respect.
哈丽特
Oh, Harriet,
我一点都不惊讶
I am not surprised that
他的行为足够融化你的心
his service to you was enough to melt your heart.
对 真是美好的回忆
Oh, yes! The very recollection of it!
我当时只有一个念头
And all that I felt at the time,
看到他赶过来搭救我
when I saw him coming to my rescue,
他的形象是多么高大伟岸
how very nobly he looked!
一切从彻头彻尾的悲剧
How everything changed from perfect misery
变成了无上的幸福
to perfect happiness.
你的确应该对他心存感激
It is very natural that you should be so grateful.
但哈丽特 清醒点
But, Harriet, beware.
你应该审视自己的感情
I think you should check your feelings.
别失去理智
Do not get carried away.
仔细观察他 看他如何对待 再做决定
Be observant of him, let his behaviour to you be your guide.
天下有数不清的美满奇缘
More wonderful things have happened,
不门当户对的婚姻 也有很多是幸福的
there have been many happy and unequal marriages,
但...我就不多说了
but... no more.
我今天说一次 以后都不会再提起
I am telling you this for we will never talk about this again.
千万别提他的名字
No names shall pass between us
这次就没有可能再出错了
and there will be no possibility of a mistake this time.
但你要知道 我的确很赞赏你心目中的那位男子
But you should know, I do approve of the man in question,
当然我们别再提他的名字了
though we will never mention his name again.
埃尔顿夫人 舞会好像...
Mrs. Elton, the ball seems...
简 时间飞逝啊
Now, Jane, time is rushing by.
一定得给你找个好差事
We must find you a good position.
来 来吧
Come, come.
好差事很容易就一抢而空的
All the best places will be snapped up.
我告诉过你的 等夏天过完再说吧
As I have told you before, I must wait until the summer.
很多人家都会需要家庭教师的
There are plenty of places which deal in the governess trade.
亲爱的 你说得好像奴隶买♥♥卖♥♥一样
Dear! You make it sound like slavery.
你的音乐才华很有助益
Yes, your music will help you.
抱歉 爱玛
I am sorry, Emma,
我真不知道你对埃尔顿夫人做了什么
I really don't know what you've done for Mrs. Elton
让她这样对你
to behave towards you in this way.
失去埃尔顿夫人的"友谊" 对我也不算多大损失
I cannot say that Mrs. Elton's friendship is much of a loss to me.
不过我很惊讶
I am astonished, however,
简·费尔法克斯居然助长她的威风
at how Jane Fairfax encourages her confidence.
也许是她缺乏 来自平等朋友的贴心慰藉
Maybe she lacks the sensible comfort of an equal friendship,
所以不得不与埃尔顿夫人凑合着做朋友吧
little wonder she has to make do with the Mrs. Eltons of the world.
我们都知道你对简·费尔法克斯赞赏有加
We know how highly you think of Jane Fairfax.
我对她的赞赏 人所共知
Anyone may know high highly I think of Miss Fairfax.
但你可能还未意识到有多高
And yet, you may not be aware how highly?
也许有天 你自己都会大吃一惊
The extent of your admiration may take you by surprise one day.
你也听到那八卦了 是吧
You've finally heard the gossip, have you?
科尔先生几周前对我说了他的疑虑
Hmm, Mr. Cole told me of his suspicions weeks ago.
那你是如何回答科尔先生的呢
And what did you say to Mr. Cole?
我告诉他我无意
I told him I was not about
让费尔法克斯小姐成为奈特利夫人
to turn Miss Fairfax into Mrs. Knightley.
就算我向她示爱 她也不会答应的
She would not have me if I asked her.
我喜欢简 也很欣赏她
I like Jane and admire her.
她是个迷人的姑娘 但有个毛病
She's a charming young woman but she has a fault.
她太拘谨 比过去更加拘谨了
She is reserved, she's more reserved than she used to be
我喜欢率真的脾气
and I like an open temperament.
要不是科尔提起 我根本没考虑过
Until Cole mentioned it, the thought hadn't entered my head.
去捡
Go and get it.
那么
Well, then,
你对此有什么要说的
what do you have to say to that?
我要说 我从没见过像他那样长♥期♥无心恋爱之人
I say, I never saw a man so occupied with not being in love
但如果他突然坠入爱河 我也不会惊讶的
that I should not be surprised if we were yet to hear wedding bells.
伊莎贝拉有五个孩子
Isabella has had five children.
正是
This is true.
那你觉得奇怪吗
Do you think it strange
我 作为她唯一的妹妹
that I, her only sister,
却从没去伦敦为她任何一个孩子庆生
did not go to London for any of their births?
你觉得奇怪吗
Do you think it strange?
我当时都在场
I was there, after all.
我就是这个意思
That's what I mean.
我爱海伯里
I do love Highbury
从没想过离开这里
and I have never felt like leaving.
我也不能离开父亲 可是
And I could never leave Father, but...
我毫无外出游玩之意
the fact that I have no desire to travel
在外人看来可能觉得很奇怪
might look strange to other people.
在弗兰克·丘吉尔看来吗
To Frank Churchill?
不 他对我印象挺好的
Oh, no, he doesn't think badly of me.
那是埃尔顿夫人吗
Mrs. Elton, then?
你以前从不会为外人的看法所困扰
You've never bothered about what people thought before.
连简·费尔法克斯都有朋友
Even Jane Fairfax has friends
她很想去爱尔兰和威茅斯陪伴他们
and the desire to be with them in Ireland and Weymouth.
如果你问我
If you were to ask me,
我会说你需要做个游♥行♥计划了
I would say that you were in need of a project.
剧集 | 艾玛(2009) | 导航列表