剧集 | 笑对人生(2014) | 导航列表
And just so you know, at this age,
你和亨利
you and Henry,
应该互相憎恨才对
you're supposed to hate each other.
信到了 快来拿啊
Mail's here! Come and get it!
这份工作真轻松
This job is pretty easy.
是啊 任何事
Yep, nothing's that hard
只要你不想好好干 都不难
if you're just willing to do it terribly.
这些信是怎么整理的
Um, so, how is this organized?
好 这是所有的信
Oh, okay. Well, this is all mail, so...
我的在哪里
Where's mine?
不是所有事都以你为中心 乔什
Okay, not everything is about you, Josh.
对 但我的信应该属于我
Yeah, but my mail should be.
麦迪 我知道你做事很有条理
Maddie, look, I know you're organized.
我们共事几个月了
We've been working together for months,
我从没见过你穿同一身衣服
and I've yet to see you in the same outfit.
是的 而你每天都穿一样的衣服
Yeah, and you wear the same outfit every day.
不 我没有
No, I don't.
你就是
Mm, yeah, you do.
听着 我只是想说
Look, I'm just saying that everybody
每个人都有自己独特的天份
is gifted and talented in their own way.
我的是正常的那种
Mine is the regular way.
而你 你每天都换一身行头
And you -- you do this every day.
谢谢 你注意到了
Thanks. You noticed.
这正是我精心打扮的原因
You know, that's why I do it.
不 我的意思是
No, my -- my point is that,
与你上班路上的情况不同
unlike half of your drives to work,
这不是个意外
this is no accident.
你应该像对待你的穿着一样
You should take your mailroom duties
认真对待这份邮件收发工作
as seriously as you take your wardrobe.
好吧 我去过邮局的 乔什
Okay, I have been to the post office, josh.
他们对自己的穿着一点都不上心
They do not take their wardrobe very seriously.
你好啊
Hello.
我最爱的裁判兼资优班协调员还好吗
How's my favorite referee/ gifted-program coordinator?
读读门口的牌子 "不准重考"
Read the sign -- "no retests."
连我外甥女都不行吗
Not even for my niece,
她患有一种不明确
who has a vague
又无医学记录的学习障碍症
and undocumented learning disability?
如果我们让你的外甥女重考
If we let your niece retake the test,
是不是也要让其他所有孩子重考呢
should we let all the other kids retake it, too?
我没问题
Fine with me.
但你难道没有看到
But don't you see what that would do
这会动摇整个体系的根基吗
to the very foundation of the system?
没有
Not really.
好吧 我想我也没有
Okay, I guess I don't, either.
只是
It's just...
她是故意不通过考试的
She failed the test on purpose.
她不想伤害她哥哥的感受
She didn't want to hurt her brother's feelings
因为当初他没有通过
because he didn't get in.
我那么大时我姐姐恨我还来不及呢
My sister hated me when we were that age.
没错 是吧
I know, right?
你必须得承认 你也有一部分责任
You got to admit, you're part of the problem, too.
你为了保护孩子们的自尊
I mean, you know, not keeping score
比赛不计分
to spare kids' feelings,
只会导致他们不努力
it just leads to kids not trying.
我也总是这么说的
That's what I'm always saying!
等等 你是想计分的吗
Wait -- you want to keep score?
我当然想计分了
Of course I want to keep score!
我热爱体育比赛
I love sports.
不计分的话 不就是让姑娘们乱跑嘛
If you don't keep score, it's just girls running around.
慢跑 是吧 就是慢跑 没错
Jogging, right? Jogging, yeah.
是啊
Yeah.
瞧瞧我们 相处得这么愉快
Look at us, getting along.
让我外甥女重考一次吧
Letting my niece take the retest.
抱歉 这是学区的规定
Sorry. It's a district rule.
没有什么通融的办法吗
And there's no way we can get around it?
绝对不行 这是硬性规定
Nope. It's a hard and fast rule.
没有办法...
And there's no way --
好 我们这么办
Okay, here's what we do.
就说你威胁说要起诉
We say you threatened to sue.
比胜利者更让学区痛恨的
The only thing the district hates
就是法律诉讼了
more than winners is lawsuits.
说来好笑 我碰巧在一家律所工作
Funny you said that, because I work at a law firm.
这是我的名片
Here's my card.
这只是张免费咖啡兑换卡
This is just a card for a free coffee.
送你了
And that's all yours.
晚上好啊
Hello.
好
Hi.
任务完成
Mission accomplished.
伊兹可以参加重考
Izzy can take the retest.
你就不能适可而止吗
Can't you just leave well enough alone?
我想我们都知道那个问题的答案
I think we all know the answer to that.
好吧 但我们得想个办法
Okay. But we'll have to come up with something
来安抚亨利的感受
to make Henry feel good.
费利克斯
Um, Felix,
要不你和亨利再去把汽车轮胎调换一下
why don't you and Henry rotate those tires again?
那不是又变回原来那样了吗
Then they'll just be the way they were to begin with.
是 但他不会知道啊
Yeah, but he won't know that.
别再担心亨利怎么想了
Stop worrying about Henry!
加入这个班 和其他天才儿童在一起
Being in this program, surrounded by other gifted kids,
对伊兹有好处
could benefit Izzy.
我真希望自己当初能考进去
I wish I would have gotten in.
也许我们应该让她去考
Maybe we should let her do it.
可能对她有好处
It could be good for her.
不 没好处 费利克斯
No, it wouldn't, Felix.
那只会让她觉得不自在
It would just make her feel out of place.
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
好的家长不会把孩子送去
A good parent would not send her
她无法融入的地方
where she doesn't belong.
所以当初收到那封信
That's why when the letter came
说你被录取了的时候
saying that you were accepted,
我把它撕掉 扔进了垃圾桶
I tore it up and threw it in the trash.
你把我的录取信也扔了吗 妈
Did you do that with mine, too, ama?
丹妮拉 我们得去看看...
Um, uh, Daniela, we need to check on the...
丹妮拉
Daniela.
干什么 凭我的智商能看出
What?! I'm smart enough to know
事情变得有意思了
this just got good.
这太狠了 即便对你来说
Even for you, that was mean.
不 克丽丝苔娜
No, Cristela.
让你知道你被录取了
Letting you know you got in
然后告诉你 你不能去
and then telling you you couldn't go --
那才叫狠
that would have been mean.
这也非常狠 是的
Uh, also mean. Yeah, mm-hmm.
但还有另一种可能
You know, there was another option.
让我加入
Uh...let me do it?
让你被取笑吗
Oh, so you could've been made fun of
因为那个高大上的班里
because you didn't have the things
其他孩子有的东西而你没有
all the other kids in the fancy program had?
那又怎样呢
So what?
我没有书包 或是铅笔盒
I didn't have a backpack or a pencil case
或是父亲
or a dad!
我还是会很出色
I still would have done well.
而且顺便告诉你
Oh, and, by the way,
在普通班里我也一样被取笑
they made fun of me at the regular school, too.
我们不该有那么远大的志向
We are not supposed to aim so high.
因为飞得越高 摔得越重
Because the higher you aim, the farther you fall.
那你当初为什么来到美国
Then why did you come to this country?
为了给我的孩子们更好的生活
To make a better life for my kids.
就是啊
Exactly!
那也正是我们现在要为伊兹争取的
And that's what we should be doing with Izzy.
她现在有书包了 也有铅笔盒
She has a backpack. She has a pencil case.
还有个好父亲
剧集 | 笑对人生(2014) | 导航列表