差不多一个月后 她来纽约玩了
And then like a month later, she came to New York to visit.
差不多是最后几天 她问我
And it was, like, the last few days, and she was like,
"你认真的吗 我们的关系是认真的吗
"Are you serious?Are we, like, doing this,
还是算了呢" 我回答她 "真的 别回去 我们结婚吧"
or am I going back?" I was like, "No, no, no, no. Let's get married."
我们相识在5月21日 之后在8月10日步入婚姻殿堂
We met on, like, May 21st, and we got married August 10th.
就好像... 弹指一挥间
And it was just... just like that.
-你加什么了吗 -只加了高汤
なんか入れた? だしだけ入れた
-不行吗 -只加高汤可以吗
だめ? 出汁だけでいいの
-味道不错 可能糖放的还不够 -很好吃吧
あ おいしい おいしいでしょう けど砂糖が足りないかも
今天做炖菜 多加入一些味道会更好哦
今日だって煮物だから もっと味いっぱいしたほうがおいしいよ
很不错
おいしい
还要加吗
もっと?
真的吗
Really?
我与真里在2003年带着艾萨克和亚历克斯一起住在布鲁克林
So, 2003, Alex, and Isaac, and Mari and I, we were living in Brooklyn.
好了好了 不要再看了
もうはいはいはい これもう終わりしましょう
这是我们新婚第一年
It was our first year of marriage.
真里等着拿绿卡
Mari was waiting to get a green card,
申请绿卡需要一段审核期间
and when you apply for a green card, you're not allowed to leave the country
这段期间内不可以离开美国
for a certain amount of time until they process it.
真里在日本曾有一份前景大好的事业
Mari had had this very dynamic career in Japan.
她曾是个很吃香的造型师
She was a very sought-after stylist.
来纽约和我结婚时 她的事业暂时被搁置了
She put it on hold when she came to marry me and move to New York.
你想放什么进去
What do you wanna put in it?
那是我在餐饮联盟的第七年
I was in my seventh year at Restaurant Associates.
但我不想干了
I didn't really like it anymore.
六个月后 她终于可以离开美国
So after six months, when she finally got permission to leave the country...
我们便即刻启程前往东京 在那里待了两周
we grabbed that opportunity, and we went to Tokyo for two weeks.
有一天我带孩子们去了东京西边的国立市
And one day I took the kids to Kunitachi in Western Tokyo.
这个地方因为繁茂的樱花树大道
It's really famous 'cause there's this one long boulevard
而十分有名
with cherry blossom trees.
那时正好是樱花盛开的季节
It was right at cherry blossom time.
樱花好像不受重力影响 飘浮在空中
They almost defy gravity.They seem to be floating.
我猜任何人都会因眼前的美景而忘却自我
I would imagine that anybody would be swept away by that,
我就是这样
and I was swept away by that.
美得让人窒息
I could barely catch my breath.
日本的樱花季是个很特别的时节
Cherry blossom time in Japan is a very important time.
文学上有种说法 关于时间的飞逝
Culturally, there's this whole idea of, you know, the fleetingness of life.
樱花盛开时美得不可方物
The cherry blossoms, no sooner do they open and look beautiful
之后便枯萎凋零
than they blow off.
我坐在那里看着一株株樱花树
Sitting there, looking at these cherry blossoms,
我对自己说 "就是这样
I said, "This is it.
这就是我要生活的地方"
This is where I need to be."
人生的前40年在布鲁克林已经过腻了
I'm 40 years old, I've had enough of Brooklyn,
我恨我的工作 我想留在日本
I hate my fucking job, and I just miss Japan so badly.
所以我回去找真里
And so I went back to meet Mari...
我对她说 "我们搬来日本吧 我想继续住在这里"
and I was like, "Let's move back to Japan. I want to live in Japan again."
她看着我说 "你确定吗"
And she was like, "Are you sure?"
我回答 "是的 就现在"
I said, "This is it. It's now or never."
于是 就成了 我们当即打包行李搬家
And so, that was it.We packed up and left.
我们搬回日本后
When we moved back to Japan...
我并没有想 "我要开个餐厅"
I didn't think, "I'll open a restaurant."
家庭煮夫 就是这么回事 我成了个家庭煮夫
House husband. That was it, man. I was gonna be a house husband.
我不仅包下了所有家务...
I was cooking, and cleaning...
还要带小孩
and taking care of the kids.
我想这就差不多了
I thought that would be enough.
但并没有头绪
But I had no plan.
一切似乎停滞不前了
I was sort of stuck.
-非常感谢 -多谢您的惠顾
どうもありがとうございます ありがとうございます
他看着不是很幸福
幸せそうではない
无法预料未来会如何
あまりこう行く先がなかった
可能他做别的事情会更好
なんか違うことをしたほうがいいかな
我妻子的工作非常棒
My wife had this great job.
有时她要帮忙拍广♥告♥片
She would do commercial shoots,
我就开车载她去工作场地
and I would drive her to those places.
就在那时我们开始吃各种拉面
And that's where a lot of the ramen eating started.
让您久等了
お待ちどおさま
我们换着地方尝试不同的拉面
We just started eating in all these places, and the more we ate,
吃得越多 我慢慢地有些着迷
the more I was getting sort of obsessed with it.
时间一久面条就碎了
限定のばらばらになる
别逗我笑
笑わせないでよ
有一天她突然问我
And then one day she was like,
"你为什么不自己开个拉面店" 我回答"这行不通
"Why don't you have a ramen shop?" And I was like, "I can't do that.
我不会做拉面" 她追问"你这是什么意思
I don't know how to make ramen." And she's like, "What do you mean?
你厨艺不错 你肯定... 能弄明白的 别担心"
You make great food. You'll just... you'll just figure it out. It's okay."
开一间自己的餐馆似乎是不可能完成的
The idea of having my own restaurant was something that seemed impossible.
我不相信自己的能力
I didn't believe in myself.
我相信他
なんか信じられた
真里是第一个看到我巨大潜能的人
Mari was the first person who saw my potential as limitless.
当时大部分人觉得我已经江郎才尽
Whereas, up until that time, most people saw me as limited.
真里还是第一个告诉我的...
Mari was the first person to say...
"我觉得你会取得极大成功"
"I think you're gonna be really successful."
而我则回答 "怎么成功"
And I'd be like, "Doing what?"
她就说 "暂时不确定 但肯定有办法
And she'd be like, "I don't know, something.
你一定能成就一番大事"
You're gonna do something great." And I was like,
这还是第一次有人这么肯定我的能力
And that was the first time someone had ever said that to me.
意义非凡
That was really huge.
这激励了我
It inspired me.
每当她这么说 我就会回答 "我一定能搞定它的"
So when she said that, I was like, "I can try to figure this out."
但我没有老师可以请教
But I didn't have anybody to learn from.
只能通过吃别人做的拉面来学习
I just could eat ramen, and then do things myself.
这就是我学做拉面的方法
And that's kind of how I learned.
也正因为没什么规则制约
And because there was no guidelines,
我能够自♥由♥发挥
I could just sort of wing it.
于是开始制♥作♥独创的拉面
I decided to make my own noodles from scratch.
我开始寻找合适的食材...
I started looking for ingredients...
尝试不同的汤汁
and experimenting with different soups.
真里会品尝我做的面
Mari would taste it, and she would say,
然后评价道"味道很接近 你或许可以再努力一下"
"Yeah. It's close, but why don't you go back and make it again?"
她千方百计地促使我获得正确的烹饪方法
She kept pushing and cajoling me to get the right recipe.
我想做特别的拉面
I wanted to do something special.
真正有影响力的
Something with real impact.
前人没有尝试过的
Something that nobody had done before.
-然后我就开始烤西红柿了 -简直是颗鲜味炸♥弹♥
- Then I stumbled upon roasted tomato. - It's basically an umami bomb.
然后我一尝 就"噢" 就"味真正"
And when I tasted it, I was like, "Oh!" I was like, "That's it."
我花了得有20年才做出这种味儿
I'd spent like 20 years sort of getting up to this moment.
学日语
Learning Japanese.
当厨师
Becoming a cook.
学会自律
Needing to be disciplined.
我第一任妻子的去世 几近让我崩溃
The death of my first wife, which kind of broke me down to my absolute core.
意识到 你懂的 我得重新思考一切
Realizing that, you know, I need to rethink everything.
所有这些都为我搭建了舞台
All these things set the stage for me
为我铺好我该走的路
to be at a place where I could figure it all out.
真里和我在一个很典型的日本社区找了家十座小餐馆
Mari and I found a ten-seat restaurant in, like, a totally Japanese neighborhood.
他们问 "你要在六本木开店吗"
People said to me, "Aren't you gonna open in Roppongi?"
我说 "不" 他们就问 "为什么
And I was like, "No." And they were like, "Well, why not?
你知道 那附近全都是外国人"
You know, there's all these foreigners around."
我说 "我知道 但我不想要外国顾客"
And I was like, "Yeah, but I don't want foreign customers."
我想活在没有英语的日语世界
I wanted my fantasy of speaking Japanese all day without an English break.
赢得当地人的支持
And trying to win people over,
融入到日本习俗中
living within the confines of Japanese customs,
并努力生活...
and trying to sort of live a life...
用日本人的方式 诚实的方式 充分体验日本
in a Japanese way, in an honest way, and get to fully experience Japan.
最后 我准备开这家拉面店
So finally, I was ready to open this ramen shop.
开饭店最难的事情
The hardest thing about having a restaurant
就是让顾客进门坐下
is convincing someone to open the door and sit down.
当伊凡拉面开张时 我想 "你知道吗 我能行
And so, when I opened Ivan Ramen, I was like, "You know what? I got this.
我知道怎么办 我又不傻
I know the hook. I'm not stupid.
我是混在东京的白人犹太佬"
I'm a fucking white Jewish dude in the middle of Tokyo."
我也知道会有很多人来打击我
But I also knew most people would be coming through the door gunning for me.
说我肯定不行
Saying I was gonna suck.
剧集 | 主厨的餐桌(2015) | 导航列表