No, I don't care. Stanton was never a radical. He's a politician.
他怕纪录影响到参选 所以不得不撤销
He couldn't get elected with a record, so he had that expunged.
这种一心只为选举的人 你还要为他工作?
That's the kind of man you want to work for, somebody who just wants to get elected?
不,我只为想要奋斗的人工作
No, I want to work for a man who fights the good fight,
好过看到共和党人当选
then watch a Republican get elected.
- 你告诉我这到底有什么分别? - 这个分别就是
What's the difference? Can you tell? I can tell the difference
我相信他的信仰而说谎当选的人
between a man who believes what I believe and lies to get elected
和一个根本…根本毫不在乎的人
and a man who. . . who just doesn't give a fuck.
- 我宁愿选择说谎 - 他到底对你做了什么?
I'll take the liar. How did he do this to you?
哪有做什么?你为什么…
Do what? What? What are you...
你为何要把他妖魔化?
Why are you making this guy into the devil?
为何不试着花几天时间去认识他?
Why don't you at least get to know him, maybe spend a few days with us?
亲爱的,我想你,我想跟你在一起
Honey, I miss you, and we could be together.
天哪
(SCOFFS) God.
为了要我说史坦顿的好话 你不惜和我上♥床♥
I think you'd fuck me to get some good press for Stanton.
有麻烦了
We're in trouble.
她有什么资料?
What does she have?
“黑人至上”杂♥志♥为何 要找史坦顿的麻烦?
What the fuck is The Black Advocate doing covering Stanton?
他们没有,是她自己的问题
They're not. It's. . . She's...
是私人恩怨
It's personal.
无所谓,反正我们毁了
Well, it don't matter. We're fucked.
如果每个像“黑人至上”杂♥志♥的烂出版社
If some little shitty paper like The Black Advocate's
都找记者挖出这种事
got a reporter who can dig this up,
那我们就像闭着眼开车了
then we're fuckin' flying blind in the wind.
这下所有人都会来找麻烦了
Now they're all gonna come after us.
你有看到今晚台上其他人的表现吗?
Did you see any other president up there on the stage tonight?
我们掌握了局面
We're the fucking ball game.
如今每个手握把柄的人 都会把我们生吞活剥
Now every flea that ever nipped his ass is gonna want a piece of us.
都是没服役的问题、药物的问题 还有女人的问题
It's gonna be the war thing, the drug thing, the woman thing.
四周虎视眈眈,你必须跟他谈一谈
That's the killer right there. You're gonna have to talk to him about that.
我吗?不行,你才是负责选举策略的
Me? No. Hey, you're the strategy guy.
但你是家臣
But you're the body man.
也许该和苏珊谈谈
Maybe we can talk to Susan.
你♥他♥妈♥疯了吗?
Are you out of your fuckin' mind?
“史坦顿夫人,我们想知道州长的老相好 才能做损害管控”
"Mrs. Stanton, we need to know who the governor's plugging so we can have spin control."
那就算了吧,我们放弃
All right, then, let's just quit.
如果有人想咬他一口,我们最好闭嘴
If everyone's gonna take a bite out of him, we're not gonna say anything,
去为那些我们能勇敢扞卫的人工作
let's go work for someone we're not too chickenshit to protect.
- 好吧,那我们开个会 - 跟他还是她?
All right. We'll set up a meeting. Him or her?
- 当然是跟她! - 当然是跟她!
Shit, her! Her!
妈的,这一定很难搞
Goddamn, this is gonna be rough.
我再过一个小时要和杰克碰头
So, I have to be in Concord in an hour to meet Jack.
是什么样的危机?
What's the crisis?
是选务方面,很私人的事
It's campaign business. It's, uh, private.
拜托,如果不是那么私人…
Please, if it's not too private for you...
露西儿是我的密友,也是团队的一员
Lucille is one of my closest friends and part of this campaign.
是什么危机?
What's the crisis?
(EXHALES)
姑且说,你去到森林拉屎…
Say you're out in the woods taking a shit...
有只野猪冲向你
and a wild boar comes charging at ya.
你会拉起裤子就逃跑吗?
Now, do you pull your britches up and run?
还是你拉起裤子,抓着刚打下了来的鸽子
Or do you try to pull your britches up and grab the doves you just shot,
同时试着逃跑?
and then try to run, all at the same time?
又或者是你放弃了鸽子 拉起裤子逃跑
Or do you just forget about the fuckin' doves, pull your britches up and run,
因为你没时间瞄准野猪,并且扣上扣子?
'cause you ain't got time to aim and button your fly?
若是你没打中
And if you miss,
呃…你也不想露鸟而死
well. . . you don't want to die with your dick hanging out.
你了解我的意思吗?
You see what I'm sayin'?
我代表房♥间里的所有人说"不了解"
I think I speak for everyone in the room when I say no.
好,我是说
Well, I mean, uh,
如果你不为野猪做好准备
what if you're not prepared for the boar,
而你会光着屁♥股♥被逮到 而且还失去了鸽子呢?
and you get caught with your britches down and lose the doves?
好,理查的意思是…
All right, what Richard is saying is...
如果你在森林里被逮到…
(SIGHS) If you get caught in the forest...
别再说那个"森林里拉屎"的比喻了
Don't give us a "taking a shit in the woods" metaphor again.
有话就直说吧
Tell us what you are talking about.
好
Okay.
- 姑且说这只野猪是… - 真不敢相信
Say that this boar is part. . . I don't believe this.
野猪代表共和党人吗?
Who do the boars represent, the Republicans?
- 不,是媒体 - 媒体?
HENRY: No, the press. The press?
没错吧?
Yes. Don't they?
对,就是媒体
Yeah, the press. (SNIFFS)
如今你要开始处理野猪
Now, you're dealing with these wild boars.
- 天哪 - 突然之间就会有人提到"大♥麻♥"
Oh, God. Suddenly they start saying things like "marijuana."
"芝加哥"的事 也许是某个女人跳出来说…
"Chicago." Maybe a woman comes forward and says...
放屁,无中生有
LUCILLE: Bullshit. That's not gonna happen.
- 当然没有 - 我想也是
Absolutely not. I don't think so either.
但是…
But...
我只是想搞清楚
I'm just trying to figure this out.
如果真的发生
If it did happen,
那他就不会落入陷阱 因为我们都知道规矩
then he's not gonna get trapped like Hart, 'cause we know the rules.
如果某个从前的老相好跳出来 而我们只能说她放屁
If some bimbo from a former life comes forward, we just say, "Bullshit."
- 放屁是没错 - 你们建议该怎么做?
LUCILLE: Bullshit is right. What are you suggesting we do?
- 你们打算怎么处理? - 我们要知道的比媒体还多
How would you deal with it? By knowing more than they do.
做好准备,以防止芝加哥这样的故事 我们好用真♥相♥回击
By being prepared, so when a story like Chicago comes up, we fight back with the truth.
我们怎么知道 媒体会挖出什么样的垃圾消息?
How are we supposed to know what kind of garbage they're gonna come up with?
这就是重点,露西儿,这他妈就是
That's the point, Lucille. That's the whole ever-fuckin' point.
我们必须请人来调查
We need to hire an operative to do research, you see?
- 必须找人来处理 - 调查我们的私生活
We need somebody that can get at. . . Investigate our lives.
调查任何人可能提出的指控
Investigate everything anybody can make an allegation about.
太夸张了,我们不打这种选战
That's ridiculous. We don't play that game.
那是媒体战,我们的诉求是人♥民♥
That's the media's game. We play the people's game.
我们都说“共和党人和媒体 都想搞烂这场选战”
We say, "The Republicans and the media
"want the election to be about trash.
“只有我们关心你们的未来”
"We want it to be about your future."
我们不想在选战中打鸽子 我们保护鸽子
We don't shoot doves in this campaign. We protect them.
你在说什么?
What do you mean?
鸽子不是代表人♥民♥吗?
Well, don't the doves represent the people?
- 不是 - 那我就不知道鸽子是什么了
RICHARD: No. Then I don't understand who the doves are.
别管鸽子了 亨利,你同意这么做吗?
Forget the doves. Henry, you agree with this?
- 我同意 - 好
Yes. SUSAN: Okay.
就这么办,我去告诉州长
We'll do it. I'll tell the governor.
- 去找莉比‧荷顿 - 我的天哪!
I want Libby Holden. Oh, my God !
如果要找人挖丑闻,就必须找了解我们的
If we're gonna get someone to find the dirt, we have to have someone who knows us,
我们完全信任的
someone we trust completely.
但是她出院了吗?
But I mean, is she out of the hospital?
是的
Yes.
- 她好了吗? - 她是谁?
LUCILLE: She's okay now? Who is she?
她是杰克20年前的办公室主任 精神崩溃了
She was Jack's chief of staff 20 years ago. She had a breakdown.
她在记者会中途突然不省人事
She just suddenly became incoherent
in the middle of a press conference.
很糟糕,之后几年进出精神病院
It was awful. She's been in and out of mental hospitals for years.
目前似乎很稳定,已经回家18个月了
She seems very stable now. She's been home for 18 months.
你和亨利明天飞去向她简报
You and Henry can fly back tomorrow and brief her.
那就好…她很稳定
Well, that's good. . . that she's stable,
因为你把整个选战成败放在她手上
because you're kind of putting the whole campaign in her hands now.
我知道
Yes, I know.
那就好
RICHARD: Well, that's good.
(CLEARS THROAT)
- 我们代表鸽子吗? - 露西儿,别再提那个比喻了
LUCILLE: Are we the doves? SUSAN: Lucille, I think we can forget the metaphor.
(DOOR CLOSES)
事实上,我以为我们是在森林拉屎的人
Actually, I think we're the ones taking the shit in the woods.
- 嗨,艾菈 - 亨利
Hey, Ella. Henry.
你们回来我好感动
Oh, I'm just thrilled y'all came back.
有一堆你的留言
I got a million messages for you.
这张立牌就像乐队队长,我要丢掉
He looks like a band leader. I'm getting rid of it.
(ALL CHATTERING)
亨利,你好吗?
Hey, Henry, how're you doin'?
我谨代表杰克‧史坦顿感谢你的支持
On behalf of Jack Stanton, we'd like to thank you for your support.
- 别称他们秘书,叫他们助理 - 珍妮佛,你看谁回来了?
Never call 'em secretaries. Always call 'em assistants. Jennifer, look who's back!
亨利!
Henry! Oh !
和平(犹太问候语)
Shalom.
你要在周五工作,戴上圆顶小帽
You're working on Friday and wearing a yarmulke.
这是工作服,你还好吗?
电影精选列表